Kazzaa sues record companies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
Kazaa, filed a federal lawsuit Monday accusing the entertainment companies of using unauthorized versions of its software in their efforts to root out users. Entertainment companies have offered bogus versions of copyright works and sent online messages to users. Sharman said the companies used Kazaa Lite, an ad-less replica of its software, to get onto the network. The lawsuit also claims efforts to combat piracy on Kazaa violated terms for using the network.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech/09/24/kazaa.sues.ap/index.html

for more info

I personally think this is hilarious, and i hope kazzaa wins the law suit, just because it would be so shocking.

Killer
yeah... okay

h0ck3yh0rr0r
it would be funny if kazaa wins.

Fire
Kazaa should win

alic88
U ALL SHOULD B DOWNLOADING SONGS DUDE. I AINT GONNA BUY A C.D TILL ITS AT LEAST 1/3 OF WHAT ITS NOW. 18 DOLLARS? WTF?

n e wayz in pakistan it is 100 rupees that is less than 2 dollarz but just saying. u should go 2 kazaa and download. they need 2 decrease the price of c.d's first

ragesRemorse
cd's are only 8 dollars at cd warehouse

yerssot
hehe, hope kazaa wins, which they should if the story is true

Bagtatta
That's great, I hope Kazaa wins. The Riaa = Needs to stop being such shitheads and lower prices in more populated stores. 18 Bucks for a CD is insane.

mah
Oh, the irony

grymlock
kazaa is the King!! hail the king!! ... cheers mate!! beer

plenTpak52
You guys have no idea how much money Kazaa has cost the record companies, do you?

Over 70%

That's a lot, wouldn't you say?

And I do think that CD's may be a bit pricey, but they have to pay for a lot of shit

BackFire349
I'd have no problem paying for cd's if the majority of them didn't suck ass.

mah
Over 70%, you fruitcake? What do you mean by such rancid babbling? Of what? Link and info that makes sense, please.

loserib
thats cool rupees like on zelda huh

plenTpak52
70% of the original income that they made was pretty much taken away by Kazaa and Napster and things like that. I just don't think its right. And how does that make me a fruitcake?

loserib
he wants proof that they lost 70 percent i also think that the record companys would not have lost so much money if they would back better bands

plenTpak52
Thats the problem. People are starting to realize that the music industry isn't an as profitable business anymore, and they hesitate to enter it. So without Kazaa, we might have some better bands.

loserib
i see both pionts i know i got the new sevendust cd it it came with some kind of copyright protection i cant play it on my computer

GABRIEL05
Thats not necessarily true slick. Backing better bands won't earn them more money. If anything backing "better bands" would cause them to loose money. In fact, the whole point is moot because the record companies damn near control all of what is hyped and promoted.
As for kazaa and Napster causing record companies to lose money, I don't necessarily see that as evil. I mean c'mon let's be honest you think those fat arse upper managment yuppies are losing money off that %70?. Let's face it gents music online is the future. The digital revolution that these companies shoved down the consumers throats in the 80's is now coming back to bite them in the arse.

But fear not plentpak, those classless talentless fuhqs mangaging their multi BILLION dollar companies will find away to exploit "online music" for money.

NickKorn
Dude 18 US thats insane Its 18 here in Canada gor the most expensive CD at musicworld!

stinkfist462
and sometiems when you spend 18$ on a cd .. there is only like 1 or 2 good sogns on it ... so that is 18 dollars down the drain .. so umm yeha .. talk about stealing money

nazgulinthedark
haha, go kazaa thumb up

tabby999
i wouldn't complain, here in Australia a cd costs about $25 - $30 in the average cd shop. and with the aus dollar and the yank dollar not having a huge gap anymore its even worse for us

the_only1

incuhead1024
here's my opinion.... i agree that cds are a little pricey, and that we are taking money away from the music industry. but the thing is, no matter what music download the music industry sues, people are still going to be able to download no matter what they do. in my case, i usually download shit from the cd to see if i like it and if i do i sometimes go and buy the cd

BunnyWolf
I think if prices were lowered and stuff then I wouldn't mind buying the CD's but why pay so much when you can get 'em for free? big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.