Anyone Share My Opintion that Reloaded Fell Way Short of the Mark?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vvvrulz
The Matrix was one of the alltime greats, if not, the best.
But Realoaded just didnt have it in it, i found the ending was corny, the whole neo-flying thing was a ball of cheese, and that whole underground dance sequence was pretty random...

This is aside however from the specatuclar car chase scene, no equal there.

What do ya reckon?

Altharos
It was a little less intellectually heavy than The Matrix...and a bit more hollywood-ised...but Seraph is cool enough to make up for that.

audioheem
You'll find it was intellectually heavier if u care to examine the film. I thought the car chase scence wasn't as good as the rave scene.. and that truly was amazing. What was random about it? The fact that there was a load of guns and shooting? And if he's THE ONE, why shouldnt he be able to fly?

JediHDM
Thats funny, because most people say it was too intellectual, too purposeless, but i thought it was right on..

tigida_tigida
i just thought that all of the film was good i liked them two twin things. they were cany sweet. i thought it was cool how morpheus killed them. but thats just my opinion.
yeas ya know the score rocking on the dance floor

miggfl
Its all about purpose JediHDM

Purpose that binds us...

joeboy
Well, it was a trilogy now. The second movie of a trilogy realy is more like an extention of the first. It usaly don't add new story lines but elaberate on the plots that the first could not. When the 1st movie come out, they don't know if it will be a hit. (unlike lord of the rings) So they write it as though if the story ended there, it would be ok. That's why the first is usaly the best.

But the second of the sequel goes back and expands all the ideas of the first. So to keep the audience from being bored. They add lots of action shots. Take a look at star wars.

Now the conclusion is the 2nd best. usally lots of action and answers all your questions.

I think M2 had to much cg fights, That scene with all the smith, i skip past it everytime. Boring. The subway in M1 beats it hands down.

mindbugaling
the only thing that i wish M2 would have brought to us was to elaborate on the main characters more instead of introducing new characters. the main characters 'coolness' was neat at first but then it got kinda boring. but all in all, M1 was more based on the mystery and illusion of the matrix, and M2 was based on showing off what the characters could do in the matrix, vis-a-vis, flying and such....

icon
Well, I don't think anything can beat M1. But theres a pretty simple reason for that. It was basically completely out of left field. I had never heard of anything of the such. Thats why it couldnt be beat. In M2, we had a sense of what to expect. Am I right about this, or blowing smoke up the chimney?

mindbugaling
well the only reason we coulsd expect stuuf in the sequels is becaus of what we're doin RIGHT NOW

rysdigital
no f. way smile

tshirt
I liked it. A lot. Saw it a second time on an IMAX screen. Just seeing it a second time helped, because there is so much information thrown at you. I like the effects, the rave, the freeway scene, even the sex scene. I like the dirtyness of Zion. I liked the Keymaker and Persephone (although the new picture of her in red is even more fabulous - Rrowl!).

I did not find the movie boring in the least. I gave it a thumbs up.

Was it as good as M1? No, but there are several reasons for that. First, with M1 you didn't know the characters, the effects, the story and so forth. It was not only new, but so very different than most of what Hollywood had out at the time. Second, M2 is the middle film. It is there to set up the conclusion. The middle act of any play usually cannot stand alone.

VenomVA
Don't know which Reloaded you saw but the one I continue to see EVERYDAY was a great movie. I enjoyed every minute of it.

joeboy
I give M1 a 8 out of 10
M2 a 5.
M3 will be a 7.

5 is just good. 10 is almost imposible.
8 is as good as a single part of a trilogy can get.

But the whole series look like it will be a 9.

Vim
Did anyone really expect the whole the thing with the architect? I mean that threw me for a loop, I don't about anybody else... But I must admit there was a sense of mystery for M1, you were just like Neo, and didn't know what the hell was going on!! But once you did, you decided to fight back. In reloaded, there is still that mystery, just like all the thousands of questions and theories that have been raised around here. Who is the mother? How did Neo stop the Sentinels? What is seraph? What is the Merovigian? Is the Oracle or persephone the mother? Is Neo a program or machine or human or some combination? Will Neo be able to stop Smith? ... and on and on... Reloaded expanded on what the Matrix gave us, it was an extension, not just another movie! ... whew ...

VenomVA
Could not have said it better myself! thanks

JediHDM
No, i dont think anybody expected the Architect...And, joeboy, your math is flawed if you think 8, 5, and 7 makes 9...I think that, as good as Matrix was, Reloaded was MUCH better, and Revolutions will be EVEN better...

icansee
I think because it is the middle story some people were expecting it to be like the first one, hence some diasppointments, plus there are just too many threads in M2. Some people just could not keep up, a friend of mine who saw it before me told me that Niobe died I was like what!?!.

I like M2 better than M1 because of the way you get a better understanding of the Matrix and one realises how well thought out the matrix really is in terms of the same hierarchy that humans have, some programs in exile, some not, some deleted,amount of failed matixes, a viruse,purpose non purpose. Humans go through the same thing everyday, what is their purpose in this life etc.

Vim
wow thanks! big grin

joeboy
jedi > It's not math. It's opinion. (fuzzy logic) when you rank the movies individual (and what we can expect) the movie don't rank as high. But if this was one giant kick ass movie; You get the 9.

Just like a tv series, all though individual episodes may just be good, the series in whole is great.

Some of you are floored by the cg. But i got over that after the first movie. The script is what making this movie good. Although none of the ideas are truly unique, they are combined in a unique way.

Korri
Reloaded hits the spot 4 me smile

Alias Neo
same here

Korri
big grin

Alias Neo
big grin

Korri
*sigh* love

Alias Neo
big grin

JediHDM
alright, you two, break it up...

JKozzy
I'd have to agree with vvvrulz that Reloaded didn't live up to expectations, but by no means was it a bad movie, it's still awesome, but as the Wachowskis said, Reloaded is only a teaser, that Revolutions is the payoff, the real big bang...

The Omega
"Anyone Share My Opintion that Reloaded Fell Way Short of the Mark?"

Not me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.