the mother of the matrix.... 'PLEASE...'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mindbugaling
so.... wait why does the architect say 'please' when neo says that the mother of the matrix is the oracle? she clearly is.....
I dont understand that freakin retard... stupid machines! so anyways, he describes the 'mother' as 'an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human phsyche'

if she is able to understand humans than that would explain why she can
tell people how things are going to happen... neo said 'so she can tell the future' then morpheus said, 'she may think she can...' or something in that manner. she may not be prophet like but she can tell what people are going to do before they do it, having pertained to understanding probability, which in the end, is what the choice the one has to make to reinsert the matrix. confused whew! mind buuuugaling!!

rysdigital

mindbugaling
what the heck is ".... " ! do you not understand, would you like me to elaborate?

JediHDM
um, no, she clearly is not the mother...the Oracle is a program designed to read the coding of the Matrix, then give the humans information pertaining to the imminent future. She is not the mother of the Matrix, and the Architect is NOT a stupid machine...*robophobe*...i think an as yet unmet program is the mother, perhaps the SOURCE?!?!

mindbugaling
sure that actually makes alot of sense

Sifer
Oracle = Mother

burlyman
if i am the 'father' of the matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother

navykidd
the oracle definetely does not understand the human phsyce, the only character that seems to be interested in that is persephone, with the idea of love and emotion, im not sure it is her, but thats the only program that shows interest in the human phsyce...i guess...i wonder who else it could be, if not persephone,

Sifer

burlyman
persephone is an 'emotional vampire'

Sifer
I was just about to say what Burlyman said. It say's so on the official site smile

icon
but have we asked the question about persephone? the question, is
why

JediHDM
maybe the Mother is a program that takes the "mind" when jacked in, and transfers the coding into a form recognizable to humans, aka image of the digital self...

mindbugaling
what I meant when i said the oracle understanding the human phsyce is that she, in my opinion, understands human probability and logic more than love and emotion, which means that she can basically predict human reactions based on reasoning.

-=Urot=-
Icon I love your sig!

http://live.quizilla.com/user_images/T/trinitykills/1052781976_agentsmith.jpg

Sifer
mindbugaling: That is exactly what Psyche means...did you read the stuff from Dictionary.com?

Red Texas
Which drains all abstract notions of humans being special from me smile

The thought that I am predictable sounds reasonable, and depressing.

SimplePriest
Sifer> Thank you... Dang I feel like the only one who thinks she is the mother. She fits the bill. I think there is no denying that.

navykidd> Why don't you think the oracle is interested in the human psyche? Does that definition from sifer change your mind?

I think she is interested in it. My goodness, she's all over it throughout both movies. As for persephone, I think she's just a spoiled rich girl who misses the passion that she used to have. I don't think her longing for passion makes her a student of the human psyche. BUT, I can see what everyone is getting at. And I think it's a reasonable point. I just don't see it as all that everyone else is making it out to be....

hmmm.... I'm still thinking about it, but to me, I really imagine the mother is the oracle.

FLIPMODE
But the thin is why would the architect lie about it or deny it?

burlyman
he didnt

i think he just doesnt respect her title as 'the oracle'

JediHDM
but she is THE ORACLE, theres no denying that fact, she can read the code and SEE the future...even if only what she is told to see...i dont think it is the Oracle, b/c, she truly wants to help them, even giving Neo info she shouldn't have given, but if she is the mother, and she wants it to continue, then she wouldn't tell Neo everything, nor feel Sorry when all she has is bad news...

Sifer
Wouldn't a mother feel sorry for her children when she gives them bad news? hrmmm...

burlyman
and the potentials are 'her kids'

burlyman

SimplePriest
Sifer> Where on the official site does it say that persephone = an emotional vampire? I'm not doubting you (of course) I just wanted to see what else they had to say.

burlyman
.......probably in the production notes shifty

SimplePriest
Production Notes?! whistle Oooo, where... BRB! shifty

Sifer
Yes, in the production notes. They can be found by clicking the Red Rectangular button in the top right corner of the screen (on the official site).

The Omega

burlyman
Omega> I know!!! big grinstick out tonguebig grin >'her kids'<

what i meant was she calls the potentials her kids, meaning she the one (not literally)

The Omega

burlyman
remember the oracle told trinity that shed fall in love with the one
dont forget the COOKIE Happy Dance hehe

The Omega

Another_Smithy
To clear something up yes we did see him take one bite from it.

JediHDM
OMega> I object...I took the "please. as i was saying...", along with the obvious frown on the Archie's face, to mean, "you dare put me in the same THOUGHT as that...program?!?! As i was saying..." i dunno if there was anyone else who thought that...

obhaive
My initial impression when the architect says "Please...." Was that he was offended by the crudeness of Neos description of the intuitive program...In fact i had a little chuckle to myself when i heard that! Unfortunatly most people in the cinema missed that...they were too busy still staying "what the.......". So when they watched it the second time, their minds were already full of other peoples thoughts on things....a bit of a shame because initial feelings are always the truest...in some way! smile

The Omega

JediHDM
i do admit thats what i thought, but when the Archie says please, it make my take a step back...perhaps we haven't met the mother yet, so we are led to believe the Oracle...

VenomVA
he didn't eat the whole cookie but he did take a bite out of the cookie

The Omega
VenomVA> Okay, you're the second one saying that. So I accept it.
It still doesn't prove the Oracle isn't the mother, though.

usereman
Choice is the Mother of the Matrix and Mind is the Father of the Matrix, I guess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.