A lot of people from other countries here...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Chewbacca
I have noticed by reading posts and such that there are a few people here from other countries...mainly England, but I noticed some others. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone here spoke languages other than English? If anyone can speak French, I wouldn't mind hiring you in helping me sell to French customers with my store smile I can speak English, German, Spanish, and some Italian. So if anyone wants to help me with my Italian, you can always talk to me on Instant Messanger. I just need help with conjugations and such, I almost got it down. smile

ratcat
We have a good mix of the Americas and European (though not all EU eh Finti??? wink )

The boards are affliiated with UK websites so figure. smile

BTW, Welcome!

finti
Long live the independent ones big grin All the way Norway!!!!!! Just added nr 11 to the commendments.
11. "Thou shall not be part of EU" smokin'

queeq
Oh please and come enforce that here in Holland. PLEASE.

ratcat
And on the UK.... laughing out loud

queeq
But you're not really entirely in. We are, doomed.

ratcat
Give it time, give it time.

Edna_witch
Yes our EU hell is inevitable now! Save us! Save us all!

ratcat
I wonder if it is too late to emigrate?

Ushgarak
Tut tut... moan moan moan about the EU... that's what the Tories did, and see where it got them?

Edna_witch
I fancy auatralia. How about you RC?

ratcat
Works for me! cool

finti
Did the UK and Holland just join EU or did the people get to choose in an election. In Norway we had an election by the people in 1972 and in 1994, both ended in victory for the not to join side.

Gundark
Sorry, chewbacca...had a year and a half of French in high school, which was some time ago (shut up queeq) and I only remember bits and pieces.

ratcat
The UK joined after a referendum back in the early seventies. Back then it was called The Common Market though. The EU kinda progressed from that I believe.

queeq
Same here. But they don't like referenda to much around here. It may interfere with their plans. laughing out loud

ratcat
That's what they are going to do about the Euro here as well.

Ushgarak
I never did trust referendums, entirely contrary as they are to representative democracy, and mostly irrelevant they turn out to be in the end anyway.

With the mandate Labour just got they are justified in doing pretty much anything, referendum or no. And if you don't like it, blame all the people that voted for them. You can't claim that the Tories didn't make what was happening clear. By voting in Labour so hugely, full Euro integration is assured, over a long period.

Though I seem to be very rare in not monding that...

ratcat
Personally, I'd rather have the US dollar than the Euro.

Edna_witch
Why does every thread seem to end up as either a suspicious sex change chat or a political debate?

Ushgarak
I don't think that is a highly accurate statement, Edna... most topics just end up as gibberish...

Ratcat
I think she does have something there you know.

queeq
OK, we had politics. Should we do the sex change topic next?

Ushgarak
I AM trying to keep this place clean still, you know.

queeq
Who died and made you mod around here?

Ushgarak
Do dying mods pass on their duties then? THAT makes things interesting...

queeq
There's also this thing about sayings....

Ushgarak
Well, so they say.

ratcat
It's moderating, not a peerage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.