i got an eu book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

finti
I got rouge planet by Greg Bear, guess I have to read it then. Its about obi wan and Anakin. My first EU book.

Gundark
Finti is branching out....better get the drinkbot ready. laughing out loud

ratcat
Woooohooooo! Next thing you know he'll be reading NJO! smile

Edna_witch
Well I never thought i would see the day!

queeq
Poor finti, how will he ever get free from the clutches of the EU? Only fire can purge him now. evil face

Gundark
(best Beavis voice) FIRE ! FIRE ! FIRE !
Heh heh heh heh heh...

finti
Now I know the reason I didnt get in to the EU stuff, the book sucks big time. I`m halfway through and it is really bad. sad

keokiswahine
thanks, finti, I knew there was a reason I don't buy eu books. big grin

Ushgarak
Read Greg Bear's Foundation book instead. Pure quality!

No, wait, that's not the word... RUBBISH! That's the word. All the no-Asimov Foundation books were rubbish. Well, to be fair, the last one was just dull. The others were pure (expletive deleted), not to metnion shamelessly ripped off from the authors OTHER works.

finti
Thats what I feel with this book, Its like hmmm read about this thing somewhere else. sad

JediOasis
You picked a bad book to start with. I love reading EU books and that one is probably the worst I've read. You should have started with the Thrawn Trilogy, its very good. The New Jedi Order is the best, but its a bad starting spot, there is too much going on that you should already know about.

Jameous Woodshire
I agree J.O.. You should start with Thrawn, or something else. The young Han Trilogy and the Bounty Hunter Trillogy are great and they cover fimilar ground.

Just because one isnt worth kindeling for you fire dosnt mean the next one wont be great!

Keo, you still have to read your Hichikers guide, then start with one of the above books.

Untill next time, MTFBWY, and keep your towel handy wink

keokiswahine
yes, Jameous, I will do that, one of these days. big grin

finti
I threw it away, it was just too bad of a book. No more EU books on SW, there are just to many other other excelent writers out there. John Grisham, David Baldacci, Ken Follet just to name a few. I read those authors and leave SW to the "silver" screen smile

queeq
The Thrawn trilogy wasn't that bad, quite amusing in fact. But let's face it, we don't love SW for it's literary qualities, now do we. I mean, even the novelisations aren't really superior literature...

keokiswahine
actually, I'm canon; only the movies. roll eyes (sarcastic) smokin' big grin rolling on floor laughing

Ushgarak
Derek Robinson, Neil Gaiman, even Bernard Cornwell in a patriotic sort of way...

What I think I can definitely say about the EU books is thar I never read one that actually felt like it was a Star Wars film, if you know what I mean. I don't mean that I hated them all, just that they did rather defitively feel like something different- and I don't think that they HAD to. Book authors just tend to be afraid of being as simplistic as something like an SW film.

JediOasis
I thought Shadows of the Empire had film qualitites about it, even Lucas liked it.

Jameous Woodshire
I agree that the SW books arent ever going to win a pulitzer prize, but they are fun to read and shouldn't all be compared to just one book. That's not giving it a chance. You just happend to pick up the second to worst book to ever bear the SW logo sence '81 when Han's and Lando's series came out. The worst sence then is The Crystal Star NEVER, repeat, NEVER read or even open that book! wink I say give another book a chance. The Thrwan series was great and I thought it moved like the films. I even had John Williams in my head when I read some of the X-Wing books.

And I keep everything I read in the EU strictly that, EU. Untill its on screen it's not official. But as a reader of the books, player of the WEG RPG, and the Decipher CCG, and the video games, I know alot about it, but also know where the line is drawn.

Like GL said on the TF.N april fools page, "Mara who!?!" rolling on floor laughing

keokiswahine
Who? Mara? confused confused roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Well, it's just some aides to get a bit more of the SW experience.

Breetai
I read bits and pieces of EU. I'm very selective about what I read. I haven't read Rogue Planet yet, though...

queeq
Yes, I'm VERY selective too. Not about the games though. big grin

Ushgarak
New Jedi Knight game coming! Woo-hoo!

queeq
yes! YES! YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Can't wait.

Ushgarak
Well, we'll have to, as they aren't planning to release it until April... which is of course a very profitable time to release...

queeq
Don't remind me. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.