Final Fantasy 7 : Advent Children (Movie)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SaTsuJiN
The sequel to final fantasy 7 is to be a movie. Its taking place two years after the ending of FF7. Coming straight to dvd instead of hitting theatres. Just thought you guyz would like to know about it. Heres all the info : http://ps2.ign.com/articles/451/451541p1.html

and heres a pic from shonen jump I think (Japanese manga magazine)

SpikeSpiegel
Here's a load more pictures
http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/finalfantasy7/screenindex.html

movie_freak
thats great...when will it release?

SaTsuJiN
Summer of 2004. But I'm not sure if thats referring to the Japanese or American release.

This ones my favorite: Cloud gazing at the remains of Midgar

silentfaf
sweeeetness should made this one in theaters instead gay ass spirits with in

lukeyduckey
This is great.....the best one was 7 in my opinion. Cloud was so lovable and cool

KarenEiko
That's awesome. Maybe somehow "Aeries" might be revived or something. 2004 probably means Japan though, which's sad. Oh well.

Cloud looks a little... weird but cool. I'm not very familiar with the game (cuz I just watched my bro play it,) but that's Sephiroth right? He looks... ^________^ :sigh: Yah yah

duffy
I just seen the trailer for the movie, anyone else really excited about this?

MUSE(a band)_16
not very much
i want an FFVII remake for playstation 2

duffy
u seen the trailer?

kokiril33t
the trailer was on G4

duffy
and G4 would be......?

plenTpak52
Wait, why are they making another FF movie? Didn't the first one flop horribly?

duffy
nah its a 60 minute dvd movie set two years after ff7

plenTpak52
oh. Is it CG? And if so, are the effects as good as The Spirits Within?

SaTsuJiN
http://www.g4tv.com/

its tv for gamers, and I believe he's full of crap. I searched the site and no Advent children video or trailer. Better luck next time I guess

Metroplex
does nayone know how sephiroth is still alive?

duffy
No idea how hes still alive but i think thats him in the wheelchair in the trailer.i found some trailers here http://www.shinoda.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

SpikeSpiegel
There's already a thread on this

duffy
well i couldnt see it and so wot theres like half a dozen depp threads

SaTsuJiN
I dont think its sephiroth at all. It could be either a new experiment, or it very well could be cloud sitting in that wheelchair having one of his dillusions again. Since it was 2 years after ff7, the earth hasnt fully regenerated yet. Any number of things can happen. I hope aeris comes back :/

lukeyduckey
Im looking forward it to this. FF7 was the greatest game ever i belive and Cloud was such a wonderful character. Septhorith was a great enemy...i hope he is back

Otacon85
When I first heard about this I was jumping around like a dog on heat! But, like any good drug, I NEED MORE! Anybody got details?

P.S. new pics welcome!

julibug
is this a new movie? i couldn't find any info about it on imdb.com.

SaTsuJiN
Here ya go : http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/finalfantasy7/news_6075905.html

julibug
thanks! so, it sounds like it may be going straight to video/dvd. it should still be cool!

Otacon85
I heard it takes place two years after the end of the last one but is that after they save the world or is it when Red XIII appears?

Otacon85
Just found these ! NOW I'M FOAMING AT THE MOUTH!!!

Otacon85
MORE...

Otacon85
AWESOME!!!

Otacon85
Check this out!

SaTsuJiN
the point when red XIII appears with his children, all the other characters are long dead by then ( I believe that sequence took place 300 years later or so ). Obviously it has to be two years after the final battle with sephiroth took place hehe

the trailer was supposed to be at this site, but its experiencing some downtime I guess http://www.shinoda.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

karenaguayo2000
Who's the dude with the white hair? He's freaking me out!!

SaTsuJiN
That would be sephiroth. We arent sure if the long hair/short hair sephiroth are one and the same, or if it could be someone else. Even cloud's (blonde spikey haired guy) shattered mind from dealing with sephiroths presence.

khjaris
final fantasy seven was the best of the lot. good graphics for when it came out, cool story, and best baddest bad guy of the lot....yeah sephiroth rocks...but hes changed masamune sad waaa that was the coolest sword and he changed it!!!!!!!!!

FF7Fan
Wait a sec...didn't they say they're comin out wit da remake of da game too? Dats wut i read on Game Informer...neone kno for sure?

SaTsuJiN
I think they're still doing the remakes of 6 , 7 and 8 possibly (could be just 7 and 8 but I'd rather they do 6 and 7) First I think they wanna get a good balance on thier MMoRPG (FFXI) then I think they're going to finish FFX-2 and FF twelve then they might go back to the remakes. So far out of what I know it hasnt been aborted yet.

hsaV
I've never played ff VII but the movie looks soooooooooooo cool!

Cloud... is awesome! I love his sword... and Sephiroths sword is tight to the tizzie up in this hizzie...
oh geez the excitement is making me sound african american gangster like...
ah.. nvm...

damn it! cool movie! No DVD PLAYER! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
MUST SEE.....

BelldandyX
I saw the trailer (for whatever quality it was) and had a thought:

Cloud goes back to the church where he meet Aeris. At the end of FF7, he tells Tifa he wants to go and look for her. So! In favor of my favorite character, I have high hopes she'll be there, too.

As for Tifa, I thought she would have stuck to Cloud like glue....

Any speculations on where all the characters are in two years?

hsaV
I have the site with lots of Movie pics... but i can't post it cause i just joined today...

ch0g0nda
Seems he's actually looking at Juno. You know. The city on the waters edge with the big gun pointing out to sea stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
Oh I didnt notice it was a side view of juno.. good call wink Midgar is cooler tho stick out tongue

Although I wonder what he'd be doing there since juno really had no relation to him. Then again, its probably part of the movie plot.
Aeris better be in this one mad

chico23
I seen the trailer on Xplay yesterday looks hella cool, but I said that about spirits within too.

yuffiefan
Actually I think that is Midgar. Remember they moved the Sister Ray to Midgar to destroy one of the weapons.

ch0g0nda
Wow I think your right. Hell look at that big tower in the middle of town. It looks like like the shinra building.

Damn I thought for sure it was Juno since it was on the waterline. I guess the landscape of the world has changed a little in 2 years.

stinkfist462
spirits within = biggest waste of final fantasy name and money.

Kazzle
Well Im really looking forward to thhis being released it will give a twist to ff7 which i think no1 expected

FF_God
I hear that the characters will be

Cloud:The main character from "A KNIGHTS Tale"
Barret:Mr.T
Sephiroth:Either orlando bloom, or the main elf guy that dies in the two towers
I forgot who the rest is

ch0g0nda
Pamela Anderson as Tifa (with a hair dye of course)

chico23
I seen the trailer again tonight on Xplay and they said that summer 2004 is the Japanese release date and no word on U.S. release date as of yet. sad

darkskatpunk
ok in the japan version u can bring her back so i take it she will be in it i mean if some one brought her back in ff7(in japan)and they did not have her in the movie then why could u bring her back

o and as for what city is it i say its midgar i mean the fuc*n metor did kinda hit so maybe the water level got higher and came closer to the city cause its not that far from the city to begin and its 2 years later

now for the guy in the chair ok when the guy with short hair touched him he got the flash back so im guessin that the new guy is a son or new creation of some sort and he is trying to bring is dad back to life (or he is a puppet i mean Sephiroth did lay dorment for how long and had the power to do great things)

just some thoughts

Knightmare_Gear
my friend and I are steady waitin for this movie to come out... we hope that this one kills FF:TSW... i though TSW was alright... but they shouldn't have made it... they should of came out with the ff7 movie then... not TSW... anyway.... i dont even think Sephiroth is really in it... i think that might be a flashback that Cloud has.... because i know the dude with the short hair that Cloud is battling... that is just another Sephiroth clone... my friend said "i think somehow its J.E.N.O.V.A. in the wheelchair" that would be pretty cool... but i think it might be either Aerith... or my fav char Vincent Valentine... i hope its one of them two.... i wanna see Vincent in this movie >.< anyway... thats just what my friend and I think

darkskatpunk
ok jenova is sepiroth i mean he is a clone of him there for it is sepiroth

Knightmare_Gear
but its not THE Sephiroth.. it may be him... in a since... but... its not him him...

SaTsuJiN
im sorry you may be a bit lost.. as well as the person who mentioned pamela A.

You see this movie is a CG movie... computer generated.. no real people, only voice actors. read the first page of this thread they link you to some pictures

jenova 'could' be in the wheelchair, but jenova never took human form. Sephiroth would be sephiroth regardless of being a clone, since sephiroth was a clone to begin with. thats why hojo was his father, which leads me to believe that hojo is in the wheelchair

darkskatpunk
yah i know but what im saying is jenova is dead, Sephiroth is a clone of jenova so in a sence jenova is still alive but hey excatly how many ppl could he conrtoll to make them look like him and do his bidding?

darkskatpunk
but yes hojo is a verry good asumption i never thought of that

Cloud_Strife
Wow Finally A Good Movie Is Coming Out. I Wonder What Characters will be in it. At first i thought the person in the wheelchair was jenova but really i think is sepiroth

Cloud_Strife
ya you got a good point DarkSkatPunk but if that guy who fights cloud in the movie is scary lookin and i think hes related to sepiroth in a way

Cloud_Strife
its true Sepiroth is jenova because he is made up of jenova cells which makes him another form of jenova but the really jenova is dead but its clone is still alive and i think the short white haired guy is another clone of jenova

darkskatpunk
whats to say that hojo did not make another creation while he was looking for sephroith in order to find him a better more well constructed creation

Cloud_Strife
maybe but really this guy comes out of the middle of nowhere and ya...... but hojo probably still had cells from jenova and made a better clone and sent him out after cloud for screwing up his plans two years ago in game wise

darkskatpunk
who is this man??? where did he come from ??? your thoughts???

darkskatpunk
i supose it could be a number of ppl hojo aris sephroith could be Zack for all we know or soem new random charter all i know is from the movie priview it looks like its gonna be one hell of a movie

SaTsuJiN
heh, or it could be a big hallucination as cloud seems to have a problem grasping hold of his own mind

the person in the wheelchair can even be cloud, having hallucinations.

BelldandyX
Cloud is very prone to hallucinations, yes. But, I was under the impression that he got rid of his "headaches" at the end of the game with the defeat of Sephiroth.

I'm in favor of the short-haired guy as a different clone, and the real Sephiroth is in the chair.

FF:TSW was pretty out there, but this movie should more than make up for it. *crosses fingers*

Tekken
Darkskat, that is just a rumor. There was a time that I spent MONTHS investigating the rumor of reviving Aeris, yes, not only American, but Japanese as well. There have been some brilliantly put-together hoaxes, one site even went so far as to give you a downloadable save that ALLOWS you to play Aeris after she is dead (PC obviously).

However, she is just there, and isn't a part of the story-line. The story still carries on as if she was dead and blah, blah, blah.

Straight out of the lips of the man who wrote the story-line himself, Aeris was NOT able to be resurrected in any version. The only difference between the Japanese and American versions is that the Americans lucked out with the Weapons in the game (in reference to Ruby and Emerald only, they're USA-unique).

I hope that clears some things up.

As for who's in the wheelchair, who cares? You can speculate all you want, but either way you can't prove it until the movie or spoilers are out (and if you read any spoilers for a movie with as much magnitude as this, then you suck).

I always thought that it was a mistake to not release FF7 as their first movie. At least they could have built up their reputation then... now with a great movie like Advent Children coming out (which btw, could NEVER be released into a theatre due to the fact that the majority of viewers wouldn't know that the premise of the movie is based on a video game that they have never even heard of, let alone played), regardless of how good it is, Spirits Within ruined people's expectations in general for FF movies. It's sad.

What's sadder is that this isn't a sequel >(

The mystique of FF7 should be for each of us to figure out with hundreds of hours of game-play ... not in a measly 60 minutes! -- Tek

SaTsuJiN
the people who did the american trailer messed up spirits within. They described it as the people land back on earth and awaken something you can never imagine, when in fact that was total bs. Not to mention the belief of Gaia (a japanese belief) is unheard of in america, which also lead to the films demise.

As for ff7, I heard that you 'can' resurrect Aeris in the pc version, but I dont care since the story acts like she doesnt exist. I just hope the movie will open those possibilities back up for a really enjoyable experience. Speculation builds anticipation, it doesnt mean you want to run off and view a spoiler just because you wish to discuss something.

Actually, straight out of the lips of the creators, they mentioned that they could not include the side quest of ressurecting Aeris simply due to release date constraints. In lamens terms, not enough time lol

darkskatpunk
Tekken???????
how is this not a sequill
o and well that does help but as i remember in the ending video he tells tiffa that he wants to find her (aris) in the promissland so is he in search for her?and does any one know what this movie is about other than what we have seen in the videos?

Tekken
This is a sequel, but not a true sequel. A true sequel would be like what FFX2 is to FFX. This is just a 60 minute cutscene as far as I'm concerned, and though I'm very pumped about seeing it, it's not enough to give me an orgasm (which a true sequel to FF7 definitely would).

Actually, damn I wish I could give you the quote but the page (ff7citadel.com) that I read it off of is closed down and has been for a while. The story-line person behind FF7 never intended for Aeris to be resurrected. He recently lost someone in his life that was very close to him, and the FF7 story-line was his way of expressing it. Regardless of what the other developers may have wished for, if that is even true and not just a rumor, this man was responsible for heading the story-line development, and I recall that he never intended for her to be resurrected. Do you think FF7 would have anywhere near the mystique that it did if she WAS able to be resurrected? Who honestly gave a shit about Aeris before she died? Not until she died did I value her for what she was.

-- Tekken

yuyuyugioh
im excited about this movie,but the only thing im scared of is the legth of the movie, and the fact that ITS NOT IN THE MOVIE THEATRES. i wish it was .SURROUND SOUND GOODNESS, VERY BIG SCREEN
i just wish it was longer.
WHAT IF I CANT FIND IT IN STORES
that will be a problem since i am DYING to see this movie!!!!
seeing the preview to this movie made me replay final fantasy 7
I was playing all night last night!
by the way im at aeris house for the first time and i just snuck out of her house"AGAIN" since I already beat that game
a great game it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and what the hell does Advent Children mean.
what a spiffy title hahahaha
but if anyone has any links to pics or trailers that do not require signing up please post them
im very interested in this movie

yuyuyugioh
by the way this poem is awesome

Out of sight, out of mind
Out of time, to decide
Do we run, should I hide
For the rest of my life
Can we fly, do I stay
We could lose, we could fail
And the moment it takes
To make plans or mistakes

30 minutes, a blink of an eye
30 minutes to alter our lives
30 minutes to make up my mind
30 minutes to finally decide
30 minutes to whisper your name
30 minutes to shoulder the blame
30 minutes to confess 30 lies
30 minutes to finally decide

Carousels in the sky
That we shape with our eyes
And the shade, silhouettes
Casting shape, growing ring

Can we fly to a state
We could lose, we could fail
Either way options change
Chances fade, trains de-rail

yuyuyugioh
and so is this one

Love is dangerous
a blade that cuts both ways
the wounds it makes
deeply marked, unforgettable
unclean they fester
My soul is open
like my wounded heart
To give is easy
and I'd give it all again
Haunting visions taunt me
with memories of your nearness
with memories of your lips
To my shame I am made -
remade and reborn
caught by the shadows in your gaze
and released
Love is my doctor
it bleeds me of all sense;
it promises a cure
which falls short of death.
You are its tool
the knife which dives deep
beneath my skin.
I breathe your sighs;
your passion leaves me
& I'm dying inside.
Out of sight
but never out of mind,
I know I am going
out of mine.

yuyuyugioh
another good poem and be reading all these

Out of sight,
Out of mind
"How you doing?
I've been fine"

"Nice to see you,
It's been so long"
I have come to tell you
Again that you were wrong

Imperfect person,
Imperfect world
Mind is clouded
Mind is swirled

"I meant to call
To cancel our time"
The other family's here now
I no longer need your kind

Don't want to be here,
"Don't want to be alone"
It's the only time I call you
The only time I phone

I don't want to need you
I refuse to care
You can try to love me
If you really dare

"Guess I'll see you later"
My work here has been done
I've finished stomping your heart again
"See ya, time to run"

yuyuyugioh
I am void of motivation,
the emptiness fills my head,
another heart is cracked in two,
nothing more to be said...
Out of sight, out of mind,
gone for a moment that you'll never know,
does nothing hold these empty tears,
a sadness that has begun to grow...
So many things I think about,
a dark thought drifts around my brain,
you keep whispering things into my head,
assuring me that I'm insane...
I know you are better off without me,
but am I better off without you,
I can't seem to grasp that it is over,
Yet it all just seems too true...
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to screw it up...

Pakelika
Looks to me like its Sephiroth in the wheel chair, and the guy at his feet is the guy we see fighting cloud earlier

With that out of the way we have to wonder what his relationship to Sephiroth is and how they are connected

Cloud_Strife
well oviouly its not a sequel becuase its got nothing to do with the tsw and really i know quite a bit of people who like ff7 at my school then the word could get passed on and on etc but might not happen we might just have to download advent children off of kazaa or w/e music downloader you have. And if you ever played kingdom hearts cloud was still looking for aeris because when he worked for hades hades promised he would help him look for aeris so technially cloud is still definatly looking for aeris in the promised lands

Cloud_Strife
and the person in the wheelchair has to be sepiroth because why would that guy in the wheelchair give that guy with the short hair flashbacks of sepiroth. and it could be THe sepiroth because hojo might have found a way to resirect people and resirected sepiroth but then hojo got killed by sepiroth yada yada and so which means hojo could be dead because sepiroth killed him when he got resirected by hojo (MAYBE)

Tekken
Stop posting those stupid poems, they're ridiculously dumb and out of place.

And, wasn't Seph pretty much destroyed into a bunch of energy? He became one with the life force if I recall correctly after eating Cloud's dust. Resurrecting is one thing, somehow capturing energy (while the world is seemingly being destroyed) and then transmuting it into matter, and then making it into what it was prior to being transmuted into energy is an ENTIRELY different matter. I doubt Hojo has those capabilities, that's more on the line of magic than science, and Hojo was no magician.

-- Tek

Zellwanab
I love fanal fantasy...when i heard about a move about cloud, today..i started to go crazy with excitment...but i want to no..no more...tell me...please..if u no anything about this movie...tell me

FallingBlue
it's set two years after ffvii, and why is this in the roleplaying forum? post it in movies man...

Zellwanab
WELL,im a dumass lol thats y lol...ff is a rolplaying game..n i..omfg..hahahaaa

FallingBlue
this is for actually playing roles, not talking about RPGs

Zellwanab
ah..makes sence lol(its my first day)

FallingBlue
dont worrya bout it dude, rookie mistake

FF_God
Can someone give me a link to a trailer of Advent Child

Captain REX
This doesn't belong here... roll eyes (sarcastic)

BelldandyX
movie trailer:
dubdubdub dot fffusion
dot com slash
videos slash
index.asp

Sorry for the messy link, but the system won't let me post a nice one yet. The video is somewhat mediocre quality, looking like someone videotaped it during an anime convention (but I have certainly seen worse). Apart from having terrible sound, the graphics are showcased nicely, and it's a great appetizer for the movie.

Cheers!

SaTsuJiN
lol we just said its a sequel to the game final fantasy 7, 2 years after the game ended.

I remember seph getting f'ed up something wicked by omni slash, but he just spit up blood and fell to the floor. Cloud left after that along with tifa and the others. The place just caved in after that. I think sephiroth brought hojo back after seph brought himself back. I'm still sticking with cloud being hallucinatory, and I just have a feeling aeris is coming into play to finally put sephiroth to rest. Thus he walks into the church (in the trailer) and says something like "You ask if I want to forgive.....yea...I want to forgive" he could also be asking someone to forgive 'him' (cloud) but since im rusty at japanese it could be either or. Oh and in the trailer when sephiroth walks up to the man in the wheelchair, cloud refers to him as "Your present demon" so I found that interesting as well

oh the link thing.. if its like www.google.com try to bypass it by typing

www . google . com that'll make it easier for people since all they gotta do is remove the spaces (until you post more hehe :P )

Zellwanab
o ur nice!lol

BelldandyX
Let's try this:

www . fffusion . com / videos / index.asp

SaTsuJiN
I have a really nice version of the trailer that someone took and put the 'one winged angel' theme to. But the site I got it from no longer works sad

and hopefully that kid wont keep posting poems or kes might get em ~_-

BelldandyX
How big is the file? Is it better quality than the one from the site I posted? You could email the file to me and I could post it on my website for a few days.

The poems are nice, but a little out of place... and a few too many. wink

darkskatpunk
ok yah he did get blowen up kinda like i seen him have light shoot out of him but it is the life streem so i guess it could have revived him also he was a clone who is to say it is not another one i mean it may not have been the real sephroith how many clones were there? and how many did u fight in the game?

Altar[1stONE]
Did you guys ever think that the guy with the short hair is sephiroth himself , and just with a new look. His spirit may have gone into a random person , but then again thats just my theroy the guy looks alot like him thats all.

Zellwanab
k...whoes aerith??is that aeris' name in the japan version or somin??cuz im startn to hear it as aerith quite a bit

FF_God
Aerith is from kingdom hearts

Metal Tim
Correct me if I'm wrong. Sephiroth's plan all along was to be at the center of the energy's gathering when Meteor hit. At the end maybe he was not destroyed, but transformed by lifestream. Think it's possible that he may have survived or even been revived by the lifestream? Then maybe he ended up in a coma/vegetable state just like Cloud did in Mideel.

SaTsuJiN
'aerith' is the gay version of aeris. Which many claim is her name in the english version, when in fact I own a copy of it and by default her name is Aeris hehe. kingdom hearts is slightly gay, but cute in a way. Yeah those poems are cool, but toss em in the 'off topic' forum or something.
Yeah sephiroth felt like he was owed the power of the planet as a birthright, even so it would take hundreds of years (as the ending shows) for the planet to fully heal. So he can take his time with the energy gathering from the lifestream. He might also be a projection from lifestream since Im sure his spirit (like others in the world of ff7) had been taken to the lifestream to recycle his soul and give life to another.

Bell , the file is 12 mb .mpeg hehe the sound is very good too

darkskatpunk
ok so what ppl r now saying is that he is (reincarnated) ok i can deal with that sounds right and he was in the life streem when all of it happend but then aris would be able to come back too and im sure that sephroith is either the short haird guy or the guy in the wheel chair but i supose we will never know for sure till summer of 2004 ... GOD THATS A LONG ASS TIME rolling on floor laughing cant sit still that long

BelldandyX
*blinks in remembrance to Metal Tim's post*
You know, you're right. I had forgotten about that. So it jolly might be the Sephiroth that Cloud chased all over the world!

About Aeris/Aerith... I'm sure it's Aeris. I have FF7 too, and that's the default name. Plus, the japanese language dosen't have a "th" sound. At all. Writing it in hirigana would spell it (in romanji) as: A-e-ri-su. I'm really not sure what it might mean, and I haven't seen it spelled in kanji yet. I have seen japanese packaging that has "Aerith" in english letters, but we all know how great the japanese are with english translations (see www . engrish . com). Also, there are scores of bootleggers in japan that put out "official" products.

In short, "Aeris" is the logical choice based on the semantics of the japanese language.

riku
the only way to guess who is in the chair is maybe match up with a person who wears brown shoes and full hand gloves cuz if you look at the pic that what he/she is wearing

SaTsuJiN
the person in the wheelchair 'is' wearing brown boots, but not hand gloves (in ff7 cloud didnt wear gloves, and had brown boots). So it sorta furthers my speculation that cloud is having yet another hallucination ..hmm...

BelldandyX
uhmm.... most of the people in FF7 wore brown boots and brown gloves.... Cloud, Tifa, Barrett, Cid, Aeris (boots).....

SaTsuJiN
ahh yeah I forgot (about clouds gloves, I remember being able to see his fingers O_o like when you summoned ifrit or something and he put his hands in front of him), but you can see the guy in the wheelchairs fingernails. So the glove theory is totally out. Im not really worried about the wheelchair guy so much as why is sephiroth alive and causing hell again..

SaTsuJiN
I knew you can see the fingers, but they're grayish or something though. I guess brown biker gloves with a black full glove (the japanese just says crap like Age : 21 , Occupation : A soldier of shinra.. etc..)

BelldandyX
Ah! Sugoi! Do you have one of those with the Japanese notes for everyone? (Especially Aeris?)

SaTsuJiN
un, desu ne..

I found this info from some fansite :

"Interesting fact:The name Sephiroth comes from Kabbalah/Quabalah. The ten Sephiroth are the powers/aspects of the universe, making up the Tree of Life. Sephiroth is plural (singular : Sephirah). "

does this mean sephiroth is uncapable of dying? He very well might be the child of the planet. Wonder what direction they're going to take the movie into...

and a pic that I thought was nice (I'll look for an aeris one)

and a nice aeris fansite too :http://www.angelfire.com/nj/herlastscene/aeris.html
(maybe not the best but I like how the cg scenes were arranged on the front page)

darkskatpunk
well the movie is called advent children and was sephroith clone number 10 or 12???? i cant remember

SaTsuJiN
Im not sure if I like clouds new outfit. He looked really cool in kingdom hearts though...

BelldandyX
No disrespect to Cloud or anything, but it's always looked like to me that he has a chocobo sitting on his head.

FF_God
I dont think that sephroith is the guy with the short hair because the sword is just to short. Cloud looks pretty cool. In the flashback scene sephroith looks like a girl kind of.

icki
I heard that final fantasy 7 was not finished.. :P.. I mean they had to cut a piece of game cuz they didn't have time to finish it.. (square had financial problems..:P) There is a quest in game that can resurrect Aeris but it is not finished. (remember that sick guy with number near Aeris house?) he is part of that quest...:P (And Aeris ghost in church when you come back to the midgar.. i saw it once but i finished game 3 times) Anyway... she isn't dead.. that is fo sure.
And there is one wersion of ff7 wchich have secret ending (only psx)
(it is secret cuz game was not finished..) but it is only a rumour (same ending with vincent and yuffie)
And i was wondering about one thing... How cait sith is still alive? His real body was in midgar,but midgar was completly destroyed by meteor. (what if guy on the wheelchair is cait sith..!? ;DD lol what if zack is cait sith..!? (lolol..) and u can see caith sith in wall market in that bee something by the keyhole... ok ok caith sith sucks..:P))

(and why cloud in kingdom hearts have one wing..?, u cen see it when he is doing that omnislash attack ,and when he is fighting with sep in final mix) and sory for gram.. :P im just normal european(polish)... and i dont know eng very well. :P (ya know... polish vodka .. da best);DD

darkskatpunk
yah ill say he looks like a girl why the hell doesn't he just look the same with better cg done????? ****in ppl anyway ...

darkskatpunk
CAITH SITH IS A ****IN DOLL A ROBOT NO MORE remember he died once in the temple and they sent another right off the bat so there goes ur caith sith threoy right out the window and u played it 3 times... how sad

darkskatpunk
o and about ur grammer .... i know asians and germans and russian ppl that r like above a univircity level of grammer for about 3 diff launges
and well i am not one of them as u can see but **** at least i dont make up an excues i mean YES I SUCK ASS AT GRAMMER AND SPELLING SO U CAN GO

EDIT

icki
ok ok calm down.... cait is not a robot... there is one moment in the game when he is telling that he's real body is in midgar.. and he cant tell where... And he can control from there all cait sith robots.

icki
bout grammar well... is there something bad about apologizing?

Kes
darkskatpunk calm down!

JKozzy
Whered'u hear that?

Asami
I heard about bringing Aeries back as well, hmm.. never got to that though.

I thought perhaps the animation for the movie could have at least stayed like the game

el_barto
i cant wait till the movie
i love this pic its my fav ff7 pic EVER

icki
I forgot it for death.. because it was long ago..(im sorry).but I remember that there was described that not finished aeris binging back
quest.. There was many things to do... something about sick guy with tattoo, about red's grandpa , ancient key and aeris ghost in church.
i don't remember details.

And can anyone tell me why Cloud in KH have demon like wing!?If anyone know that..

SaTsuJiN
I think the demon wing thing was all just to show that he has a lil bit of evil (maybe just hatred) inside of him. Afterall the evil entity of the game was called 'heartless'. Thus they were small wings probably because he had plans to find someone he cared very much about.

other alternative : demon wings were there to just look cool....

Linkalicious
Get real guys. I beat the game front to back and back to front. Aeris is gone and she can't come back. There are things added to the game for optimists who dream of bringing her back, but she's gone. Squaresoft already made a movie where you could ressurect an important character to the plot and that was Crono Trigger (which IMO was just as good as FFVII except SNES had far less graphical possibilities than PS1.) And Squaresoft is the largest and best maker of RPG games in the world, i don't think money was an issue when it came to adding a side quest. I think they didn't add it because losing Aeris during the game is one of the reasons why this game is so great. I didn't like her while she was in my party, but i sure the hell missed her when she was gone.

SaTsuJiN
how about 'you' get real first, squaresoft isnt the best (final fantasy X-2? thats just silly...) Like I said before, there wasnt enough time to program the quest to bring aeris back (you 'were' able to go where the holy materia fell into the water via submarine) . People can speculate about aeris if they want to, thats what makes playing games so fun, you get involved :P ff6 was the best actually

Kes
Can we go back to the movie please.

icki
What for..? do you know something new..?

Lulu
Does anyone know when advent children comes out?

Kes
No but this is movie discussion.
There's a forum for Video games if you want to talk about the game.

BelldandyX
About Cloud's wing in KH: It's one of the Laws of Anime - if it looks cool, do it.

FF7:AC comes out in Japan this summer, but we have yet to hear about an American release date.

Long-haired Sephiroth in the trailer looks a little Goth-Chick-ish, but the general consensus affirms that this new incarnation was awesome. The fanclub has spoken. wink

Lulu
Thanks

Funk_rudi
Hey Guys I was wondering is this a game or a movie???? Sorry I am a little clueless....

Lulu
i think it's a movie. i'm not sure though.

Lulu
does anyone know where i can find a trailer to FF7:AC?

SaTsuJiN
sorry kes , I dont know why they bring the game up (the movie is a sequel to the game though sad ) I guess they find it more fun to talk about the game for some reason... The funny thing though is that the thread clearly says (Movie) on it, and yet people keep asking the same questions over and over

Its a movie (A 60 minute DVD), and I believe its going to come bundled with a remake of the final fantasy 7 game for ps2, Im not sure if its going to be sold seperately or of you 'have' to purchase the game along with it. Japanese Release date is set for early quarter of 2004, while an american release should follow shortly after

FF_God
I think it would be so awesome if they let you buy the movie with a remake of the game. I would definately be first in line for whatever comes out if it comes out(I dont think I can wait any longer). It is going to be so awesome though. I just know it.

duffy
where did u hear about the remake?, or is it just wishful thinkin

SaTsuJiN
"Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children will take place two years after the original PlayStation Final Fantasy VII game. The world looks to be peaceful, having avoided destruction, but inhabitants have begun suffering a new physical malaise called Seikon-Shoukougun.
Cloud has been living alone up to this point. While Sephiroth was seen in promotional footage at the Tokyo Game Show, it is not known if he has been resurrected or if his appearance was a dramatization from Cloud's past."

just some background info, now for where I've speculated about the remake :

"During a Q&A session following the presentation of the movie clip, the subject of a proper Final Fantasy VII remake was brought up. Those involved with Advent Children stated that if the original FFVII wasn't playable on current hardware, remaking FFVII would be something they would consider. However, with the backward compatibility of the PlayStation 2, it is still possible to do so, which lowers the need for such a project."

for this section of the article Im looking more forward than the present day. Like PS3 or something, which would force them for more of a complete remake.

Im sticking with my current speculation of the movie and assuming its another one of clouds hallucinations, since he had them oh so often. stick out tongue

Lulu
i can't wait till it comes out!!!!

SaTsuJiN

Lulu
Does anyone know if it's coming to the US?

darkskatpunk
yah actualy i belive if u ppl would read every thing we have put from the first-4th page u would read when it is comming out and if u read page 7 u will hear about the remake for the game now i have also been hearing about the remake (but on the PS3 ) it is said to have better graphics new quests and voices along with new wepons and a new summon (now all of this is just specluation) but they did also say remakes for 6 and 8 and 9 were on there mind i came across it on a site but i was really tired and saved the page wrong so i cant really say where i got the info from but its out there so if u want u can look any way I want to know more about the movie like does any one have a pic of red or barret or tiffa and her big ass **** (lol sorry i just wonder if they r gonna be the same in the movie) and is there new looks for any one???????????

darkskatpunk
Damn it they will not let me put T|TS (thats the word that got blurred

PusanMan2004
ff7 advent children is about this disease called (i think) "star scar disease" or something. don't know much about it. can anyone recommend a site with a trailer for it that WORKS?

darkskatpunk
if any of u have kazaa or morpheus then u can get the trailor off there o and also there r a few links on here just look for em (this fourm i mean)

Funk_rudi
Is it a game or a movie??? I still don't know

Funk_rudi
Can Someone tell me if it is a game or a movie and if it's a game for what console

BelldandyX
It's a movie. Read the posts again.

§€phì®ø‡h
Hmm...I've heard the movie has real people, but what I've seen, it's CG like. I'm sorta confused.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>