here is how to save the trailor download.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joeboy
Right click this link. and choose save.

http://progressive.warnerbros.com/thematrix/us/med/rev_theatre_0x3839_640_dl.mov

The site is still slow and crashing, but dont give up

joeboy
but if you find a second place, let me know.

icansee
DITTO.

Crash_Overload
The Download for The Thatrical Trailer should be up on the Official Site in a couple of days.

VenomVA
Joy! Thanks for the link big grin

Korri
yay!! thank u thank u thank u!!

joeboy
this is the official site, i just looked at the code. pulled out the part that opens in your browser. webpages is what i do. http://www.mybr.cc/newsite

burlyman
what do i do?
after a bit of the download it says 'server was reset'

joeboy
keep trying, it is so busy.

burlyman
ah i got through smile
but only in small

joeboy
here is how to save the trailor download.
Right click this link. and choose save.

http://progressive.warnerbros.com/t...3839_640_dl.mov

The site is still slow and crashing, but dont give up

joeboy
opps

Korri
just watched the trailer love

joeboy
www.mugshots.org/hollywood/ keanu-reeves.html

JediHDM
the trailer is now downloadable from the site, just by clicking on the link...ENJOY!!

joeboy
But on the site it just play in your window. This allows the average person to save to there hard drive.

joeboy
or atleast w/o having to unzip

JediHDM
that is true, but...it is the official trailer, zipped, for those that have low bandwidth (did anyone say "dial-up"?)...

joeboy
this is the same trailor .. .same location. just not in the window.

joeboy
and they are the same size as the larger zipped fille. zipping a video file does not make it smaller. It can't be compressed like text.

JediHDM
um, i have zipped video files, and it DOES make it smaller, although not as much as text...

joeboy
Try zipping that quicktime file. I understand you are a computer science major. Then you know that quicktime uses heavy compression. Which in it self is like being zipped. I don't know if they teach it at the school you are, but compressing compressed files is to hard. When you compress these heavily compressed files, all you are doing is compressing the header info. I hope you understand.

joeboy
oh yeah, i just compressed it, and you save just under one meg.
Quick time is the most complex compression of video. As a matter of fact, it plays different on different machines. The slower your machine, the less decoding will take place. Thats why some people on this forum are suprised by the screen caps. There machine can't decode the compression fast enuf. Dont argue this point jedi. you are in my territory on this. Doing webpages is my job. And i already have my degree in computer SCIENCE, with a minor in math. So i know THIS

JediHDM
okay, i concede that point, i wasnt thinking that the movie was quicktime, i was thinking of the original tv spots, in realplayer...

rysdigital
you can't argue about Quicktime being the most complex compression of video. the file format is proprietary, nobody (except apple) knows what kind of compression techniques are used.

MPEG4, and in particular XviD, offers the best compression these days. it even uses motion prediction/detection and psycho/neuro-based (forgot the exact name, the idea is this: certain things, that cant be accurately processed by the human brain, are compressed more aggresively without noticable difference) compression.

joeboy
Check your facts, Quicklime does use MPEG4. Then they tweak it. It.s no accident that most movie trailers are offered in quicklime. Apple is the industry leader when it comes to production. There are two schools of thought on compression. loss of quality and utilization of hardware.
Real loose quality, so that slower computers and faster computers see same image. Although with a real server you can compress various levels of quality. Apple uses the computer to decompress the image. slower processor see lower quality images. Divx uses a combo of the two. Some loss of quality, ans some use of computer power.

There is a race on for compression. The one thing that all CEO's of tech companies agree on. The person that developre the latest and greatest compression will be richer than Gates.

To prove this point, pause any video, especialy full motion video.

joeboy
http://progressive.warnerbros.com/t...910_1024_dl.zip

rysdigital
i'm aware of the fact that quicktime 'uses' MPEG4, in fact, the MPEG4 standard was based on specs apple did release to the public. however, what really happens 'behind the scenes' when viewing a quicktime movie, only apple knows. xvid on the other hand is open source cool

clavis9495
JIJ STOMMERD rysdigital STOP DAARMEE!! he outsmarted you so shut up cause even I see he's right and I'm good at computers and programming 2 so please stop this and let us get back to the real original thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.