Name that poster!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
So, how much of an unerring sense of each other are we getting here? We all know that each of us has a unique on-line personality, but just how distinctive are we?

Well, here is a simple test... see if you can guess who I am quoting here, from threads long past.

First one is easy...

"Well, I appear to be the guy who always sits there waiting for a girl to turn up and giving out vast amounts of worrying facts and data. But I'm not a postman."

Bonus marks for giving the situation...

queeq
Must be the Ush Master himself, waiting for Edna. As usual.

Gundark
I'm gonna go out on a limb here....its....you !!!

I'm not gonna go for the bonus, I've got enough studying to do tonight for a test tomorrow morning....you think I have all night to spend here ? laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Yup! That was an easy one of course. It was duyring Edna's first break from the forum and someone had just said I reminded them of Cliff Clavin.

Ok, see if you can recognise this poster's distinctive style...

"So it can get pretty personal in here. I guess that nice. Personally I never have secrets. Anything anyone ever asks, I answer, simply on the grounds that there is no reaon to lie. If a person has done or said something they should have good reason to have done so in the first place. As I say I'm not sure I know enough people around here but it is always my basic rule, it is better to lay your cards on the table and then people get a better idea of who and how you are. Then again you ask Ush and he'll tell you... "

queeq
I'm guessing RC.

Ushgarak
Afraid not...

Gundark
Me too.

Ushgarak
It's not one of the 'front-line' posters

queeq
Ah, then I think it's Zereil or Xizor.

Gundark
"front line"....you mean core ?

I'll go with....finti ?

Ushgarak
Queeq has it! That's Zereil, being completely off-kilter as normal.

This one SHOULD be easy:

"Since you ask, no he hasnt! I have been punishing him for what he did to Derek earlier today. He stole his finger and wedged it deep down in the fuel converter for the hyperdrive on my ship. I wasnt impressed. I had to dismantle the whole thing to get it out. Wasted hours of my time! he'll never do it again!"

queeq
Piece of cake: Edna.

Gundark
Ditto.

Ushgarak
That was from my first conversation with her...

Ok, let's move things up a gear.

"That's too bad about it hurting your eyes EJ...but I'm glad that you're going to be on here more...I tend to like posting over here better. I get tired of reading the same moronic theories all the time...not to mention that some of them are really rude...Like how many times do we need to go over what would happen to SW if GL died...Like it would matter..THE MAN WOULD BE DEAD!!!...*sigh*..sorry, that just gets me a little hot under the collar...I mean, come on...he's only 55 or something like that...it's not like he's 70...okay, I'll shut up now."

Edna_witch
Ah that one was easy! But who was i talking about?

Gundark
To answer Ush : Merc ?

Ushgarak
No, maybe a Merc line later though...

And can anyone answer Edna's question? I can, of course, but then I just looked it up...

Edna_witch
That wasntyour first conversationwith me! I started talking to you way before Derek came along. I remember our first conversation! You told me I belonged here in the clouds remember!

Ushgarak
Same thread, dear...

Edna_witch
No thederek convo was in the bar. The cloud thing was elsewhere but I cant remember where
now. Too long ago!

Edna_witch
No thederek convo was in the bar. The cloud thing was elsewhere but I cant remember where
now. Too long ago!

Ushgarak
Sorry, Edna, but what I just quoted from was in the thread 'Ages', not the bar. And it is the same conversation as the Clouds line.

Our LITERAL first conversation was about your pyjama wearing antics for charity...

Edna_witch
Ah but I never replied to what you said so that doesnt count.

AS much as i hate to admit that Ush is right, the conco in Ages did start one post of mine before the convo in the bar. a difference of one post hardly makes muvh difference though feel. It was still the same night! Geez! He's so pedantic!

Ushgarak
Let not her little tantrum distract you from my last quote... here it is again for those of you too lazy to scroll up.

"That's too bad about it hurting your eyes EJ...but I'm glad that you're going to be on here more...I tend to like posting over here better. I get tired of reading the same moronic theories all the time...not to mention that some of them are really rude...Like how many times do we need to go over what would happen to SW if GL died...Like it would matter..THE MAN WOULD BE DEAD!!!...*sigh*..sorry, that just gets me a little hot under the collar...I mean, come on...he's only 55 or something like that...it's not like he's 70...okay, I'll shut up now."

Edna_witch
I think that is you.

Ushgarak
Based on?

It's not, sorry.

Edna_witch
Oh well it was the sigh i was going on. Oh well. Dont know then! Before my time!

Edna_witch
Oh well it was the sigh i was going on. Oh well. Dont know then! Before my time!

Ushgarak
And mine, actually.

ratcat
Dim

queeq
Gundark.

Dim
*sighs* Nobody even recognizes my "..." style. A very sad day...

ratcat
I did...

queeq
Ah of course. Dimmy.... Actually, that last line sort of distracted me. And since RC already said Dim, I tried another one.

ratcat
Actually, it was the *sigh* that I recognised.

Ushgarak
Congrats, thought RC might get that one...

BTW, I don't think people should be allowed to recognise themselves.

So then, who is this weird being?

"I recently looked at my belly and noticed something.I have little hair specks growing aroung my belly button.It may seem crazy but it looks just like the Sarlaac Pit. "

Gundark
that was DD

Ushgarak
CLOSE, Gundy, but not quite!

Gundark
Frack. Darth somebody. Where do you dig up these old fossils ?

Ushgarak
Sorry, Gundy, I have misled you. Not close in THAT sense; it wasn't a Darth anybody!

Edna_witch
Oh he's just browsing the old board! He does that when he is bored!

Gundark
Hmmm....I remember the topic was "My Belly The Sarlaac Pit". Can't remember...was it RC ?

Ushgarak
No... afraid not... hope you aren't just going to go through everyone!

DD replied to the post quickly, you see, saying he had the same thing, hence your closeness.

Gundark
Well do you want me to stop guessing or just go dig it up ?

ratcat
JO?

Gundark
But he would have been 3838 back then.....

Ushgarak
No, afraid not...
I shall reveal this one. It was EJ! Here was DD's reply:

"Cool, EJ! I have it too! The little ring of hairs make it look just like a Sarlacc pit! I've been looking at it all day, trying to see what other things it reminds me of!

Ooh I got one! If you were to tie all of the hairs together in a bundle they'd look like that rope net that they get caught in in ROTJ.

Ooh! If you turn your head a little it looks like Anakin's face when he takes off his mask!

.......Meanwhile, back at the ranch."

Gundark
Grandma is holding off the indians with a single shotgun.

Ushgarak
So... who is this?

"I haven't visited theforce.net, but it sounds like I don't need to bother going there. I don't know of any other succession of films like the Star Wars Saga that have been presented this way, George is taking some chances, burning this candle at both ends. It would be difficult enough, having another conductor picking up the reins of the London Symphony to do ep 2 or 3, but not having James Earl Jones voice to back up Vader??? UNTHINKABLE !!! There is absolutely no substitute !!!"

ratcat
Maybe he'll get sucked up his own Sarlacc pit and disappear... evil face laughing out loud evil face

Gundark
I remember this.....but not the poster....

DiEbyDaGunz ?

Ushgarak
Cruel, RC, but very funny...

Afraid not, Gundy., I am yet to find aything from that guy, though I used to see him listed as a regular at the front end.

ratcat
Well, it may be cruel, but it's heartfelt.

Gundark
Uncle.

ratcat
What's Uncle??? confused

Ushgarak
Just repeating...

Who is this poster:

"I haven't visited theforce.net, but it sounds like I don't need to bother going there. I don't know of any other succession of films like the Star Wars Saga that have been presented this way, George is taking some chances, burning this candle at both ends. It would be difficult enough, having another conductor picking up the reins of the London Symphony to do ep 2 or 3, but not having James Earl Jones voice to back up Vader??? UNTHINKABLE !!! There is absolutely no substitute !!!"

Sorry, who was 3838, Gundy? I thought it was a lost boy...

Gundark
Jedi3838 was who JediOasis used to be.

Uncle means I give up. But you could give us a clue...

Ushgarak
Actually, giving you clue for that one is surprisingly difficult, and I hope that THAT isn't too big a clue.

Gundark
Did I say that ?

Ushgarak
Yeah, you did.

ratcat
I remember the post, but I can't remember who it was.

Gundark
Hellooooooo...earth to RC. It was ME, you dimtwit !!!!

Ushgarak
There's a lesson for us all from that one... not sure what it is though! That was one of Gundy;s very first posts.

Meanwhile, who is this mad person?

"Well, not really but I just dyed my hair purple and I want a tatoo...I think I might be going through a mid life crisis What kind of tatoos do you think are cool?"

ratcat
Dim again?

Ushgarak
Yes, trick question, because she isn't mad at all.

Blimey, I did mean to find a few more of thse,,, going through quite quick!

Ok, so which left-winger is this:

"DO NOT get me started on that MORON Bush JM, I'm watching the election now, it's tied up pretty much. I'm stressed out and about ready to put a gun in my mouth!!!!!! Gore is an obvious choice, how could anyone pick that thickheaded, pompous, egotistical, power hungery fool. AHHHH!!! Does anybody on this forum make over $125,000 dollars? want to watch our environment destroyed and our education system ruined? If you do vote Bush, if not, vote for the man who supports schools, the environment, medicare, social security and will keep the great economy of the past years rolling: Al Gore. EVERYTHING DD said was correct!!!"

ratcat
Actually, that was a cheat. She still had some of the purple in her hair when we went to FL, that's how I figured that one.

Ushgarak
Curses! Foiled by real life. I must gather some more by tomorrow, I am almost out.

ratcat
Well, fun as this is.... Head hitting keyboard is sign of sleep requirement.....

Ushgarak
Yeah, I'm off too... see if Gundy has any more by tomorrow...

Sleep well, RC!

ratcat
Zzzz, Smphle, sngthly, you too, snuulfg. Zzzzz

Ushgarak
Right, I'll try and find some more old quotes soon... meanwhile, a reminder of the current one:

"DO NOT get me started on that MORON Bush JM, I'm watching the election now, it's tied up pretty much. I'm stressed out and about ready to put a gun in my mouth!!!!!! Gore is an obvious choice, how could anyone pick that thickheaded, pompous, egotistical, power hungery fool. AHHHH!!! Does anybody on this forum make over $125,000 dollars? want to watch our environment destroyed and our education system ruined? If you do vote Bush, if not, vote for the man who supports schools, the environment, medicare, social security and will keep the great economy of the past years rolling: Al Gore. EVERYTHING DD said was correct!!!"

Gundark
JO ?

Ushgarak
Afraid not, but he DID get into that discussion, under his old name.

keokiswahine
yes? confused what did I miss? roll eyes (sarcastic)

razman
Was this the topic where the abortion issue came up?

I'm gonna guess JM.

Ushgarak
Raz is right about what it turns into (which I am going to stay WAY clear of, thanks!), but still not the right poster...

queeq
Xizor then?

keokiswahine
before my time here? confused confused

Gundark
I'll go with queeq. Xizor.

queeq
Come on, Ush, don't keep us in suspense any longer...

Gundark
Yeah Ush....you were the one who started this thing....you HAVE to play. Or the clown dies.

keokiswahine
I have no clue; must've been before my time. or wasn't paying attention, normally just confused

Gundark
Ush is digging in the archives, keo. Your're right...probably from before you were here. Feel free to remain confused. cool

Ushgarak
It WAS Xizor, Queeq! Sorry, I was away last night...

But who agrees with him?

"If I was in a room with Bush I think he could push me to violence as well. Here is some of the reasons I don't like him.
Pakistan are one of the biggest nuclear powers in the world but he didn't even know their presidents name. I don't know it either but I'm not a politician. He should know.

How can anyone be anti-abortion but pro-gun? It doesn't make sense.

His State has the worst enviromental record in America and he weilds the death penalty far too easily.He is Evil.

He says he will pull troops out of Kosavo but build up the American military. Why? Who are America at war with?

He did something that really annoys me. He was being interveiwed and was asked about the U.K. but he kept referring to it as England. Someone should tell him that the U.K is made up of 4 seperate countries. It would be like calling America New York.

In Star Wars terms Gore is like Sio Bibble- Boring, dull and he makes the odd mistake but he knows what he is talking about and he cares.
Bush is like a cross between Jabba and Palpatine. No explaination is needed for that."

queeq
RC?

Ushgarak
No...

queeq
Must be a Brit..... Raz then?

Ushgarak
I am having difficulty finding ANY posts from Raz.

queeq
Was it you, then, Ush?

Ushgarak
Good Lord no!

queeq
JO?

Gundark
Darth Henious ?

ratcat
Some bloke?

Gundark
I hate it when Ush isn't here....

queeq
Yes, we wuv him. big grin

Ushgarak
No-one is right yet... Queeq is correct in narrowing it to the UK, though.

Gundark
Ewok Turd ?

Ushgarak
No!

razman
Sounds like King Jedi.

Ushgarak
Bingo! Raz scores! Another one coming soon...

Gundark
Frack ! Why didn't I think of him ????

Ushgarak
Unlucky, Gundy.

Who is Christmas obessed?

"Oh, I've heard on that. There's a version that starts witha quail or something and you end up with like 6 or 7 pregressively larger birds. Definately for the BIG family.

Don't say it's ages 'til Chrystams, it's only 39 days....

39 days....39 days....39 days....39 days....39 days....39 days....

Oh my gosh and I haven't even thought about the mince pies yet, ot the chocs, or the candy or the nuts or the beer. Oh my, oh my I need to go shopping! "

razman
99% sure thats Ratcat (or RC as hes now known)

Ushgarak
On form tongiht Raz!

Who is this, commenting on the bad old days of the RP forum...

"EJs right Dim. There aren't any role-playing stories on there that don't have jokes within them. Most of the time they start off serious but people just can't help but add funny stuff into it, so I think you should come and have a look. "

razman
I'm gonna say DD as he did a lot RPing.

Gundark
Yeah, I'll go with DD on that one too.

Ushgarak
True. Who is talking about their music?

"Sting and old Police are my absolute favorites. I'm kind of embarrassed to put my other likes on here, but go ahead and laugh. I like Celtic and Swing music. Hate country and rap. I listen to anything from Steely Dan and old Van Halen to Yanni. I also like a lot of 80s bands you dont hear from anymore, The Cars, DuranDuran, Big Country, Tears for Fears. Sometimes I go heavy like old Whitesnake or move into some stuff by STP or Toad the Wet Sprocket. I love Rush, Fleetwood Mac and Heart. Quite the mix, you see. "

Gundark
ME !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ushgarak
Cheat! Still, that's only a 50/50 record for your own posts...

Whose Christmas list?

"I would like an Interactive Yoda with Lightsabre. And Tony Hawk's Pro Skateboarding 2. And Legend of Zelda - Mujala's Mask. And Escape from Monkey Island. And Alone in the Dark 4. Mostly computer games that no one has heard of. "

The poster is wrong, BTW, because I have heard of the all...

finti
Queeq!
"I m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert but I can live and breathe and see the sun in winter time
In a big country dream stay with you"
-Big Country

Ushgarak
Not Queeq I am afraid, no, but that would have been MY guess as well.

ratcat
Is it ej mad

Ushgarak
Afraid not... you miss him so much, of course...

ratcat
Well, I did recognise my own post but looks like Raz beat me to it on that one.

Only 188 days to go BTW... big grin

Ushgarak
You guys are doing me out of business!

Who is THIS then (a small part that is over-helpful has been cut)?

"Just as an update on my size/shape. I am currently 72", shorter than I originally thought, and I am 172lb. : Gosh darn it, I am fat "

ratcat
6 feet tall and 12 stone... Definately isn't me!!! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
Finti?

ratcat
Probably an American, looking at the units of measure. Xizor.

Gundark
Since its not EJ, it has to be Xizor.

finti
Close to my measurments, but no not my posting queeq big grin

Gundark
Ush......where are you ????? What a lousy host. There better be some good money at the end of this game show. laughing out loud

finti
Yeah and bring out Vanna White big grin rolling on floor laughing smokin'

queeq
Isn't she getting kinda old?

ratcat
Nah, having seen the photo I doubt JO would fit those dimensions. 172 is quite skinney on a 6 footer.

Gundark
Who else is u.s. ?

queeq
You are. laughing out loud

ratcat
Well it's not Gundy or Dim, heights wrong for them.

Gotta be a guy, maybe Merc if it wasn't Xiz?

Ushgarak
Clue: You guys are WAY wrong...

Gundark
UBH ?

Ushgarak
Damn it, too big a clue, you're right. New one coming soon...

queeq
*waiting*

Ushgarak
Easy one!

"My brother always says that one of the good things about living alone is that you can sit on the kitchen floor, naked, and eat spaghetti with your fingers."

queeq
Easy???????

Hmmmm, Edna? laughing out loud

Gundark
ME !!!!!!!!!!

Gundy pulls ahead in the running !!!! Yipppeeeeeee !!!!!!

queeq
Ush must fancy you, that's the third time a quote by you comes up.

Gundark
Well of course. He wuvs me. laughing out loud

queeq
Can't blame him. big grin

Ushgarak
Now now!

Another easy one:

"*walks in entirely wrapped in a giant condom*

You all had it?

EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww.

(...)

I'm not thinking about any particular type of rash. Why do you think I've wrapped myself in a man-sized giant condom. I see all of you scratching yourselves, I'd like to refrain from that kind of passtime, please. But go ahead, nver mind me, feel free...now.

queeq
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.....wouldn't have a clue. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gundark
queeq !!!!!!

queeq
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I would never ever ever ever ever never ever say such a thing.

laughing out loud

Ushgarak
That was VERY early Queeq.

Who's weird dream?

"I had a very weird dream last night. Ratcat and me went over to Dim's house to meet her parents. Everybody looked the way they did in the photos so it really was weird. Anyway,while there RC and me met Dim's brother who looked exactly like queeq. Dim was having some problem w/ RC and me being there and bursted out of the house. When she left Dim's mom asked us if etheir of us were dating her and a lot more weird questions. I don't really rememeber much but I do rememeber Dim apoligizing and the 3 of us going to a night club. And just to let you know Dim, I think your cute in my dreams too. "

queeq
I remember this: EJ.

Gundark
I knew that ! queeq got his post in before me !!!! WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! The screen is moving too slow and then I got thrown off AOL. mad mad

queeq
Excuses, excuses...

Ushgarak
Well done, both of you!

"The eighties? Okay, I can see that: economic crises, war between Iran and Iraq, Reagan. Very good. Very good.

Well as I said, not as bad as the 70's. That I never want to relive again. Boy, did my parents have bad taste then, and they were never cured either.

Here's a question: what other series from your childhood would you like to see to be made into a movie now?"

queeq
Moi!

Ushgarak
I'll have to be strict now... no more guessing yourself!

Dream follow up:

"Hey, I had a dream last night that queeq was my mum and he took me to the shops and we saw RC dressed up as a clown with Gundark standing next to him holding a roast chicken and the stuffing was EJ. "

queeq
Must be Dim.

Gundark
That was Xizor.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>