Neo Getting Jacked In

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

69erSteiner
I don't think it's a machine jacking Neo in like everyone else thinks it is. I believe that Neo is jacking himself in. Notice the arms are extended outwards like he is almost using some kind of power to jack in. Much like he did with the fight scene from Reloaded where he used the same kind of power to grab the two samarai's from the wall. At this point who really knows, just wanted to give everyone another option.

Crash_Overload
I don't think NEO can control the machines, because you think he would of done somehting else then just make them go "boom" ?

69erSteiner
I didnt say he could control the machines, just that he is lifting up the jack with his powers. And maybe Neo can control the machines, it almost looks like he is fending off the squiddies with his mind from the hoovercraft.

Crash_Overload
um.... He doesn't have telekenesis in the real world. Because the real world IS NOT another Matrix.

69erSteiner
How do you know all of this? Did you help the W brothers write the script? All you have are assumptions, just like me. All I'm saying is don't have your heart set on one viewpoint when it comes to the Matrix because they can switch it on you in a second.

Crash_Overload
easy there tiger. I never said that i know everything. I am just saying that the W bros want to keep the film realistic, AND THAT THERE IS NO SUCH THING as telkenesis. they researched everything in order to make it as real as possible. And Neo making the mchins go "boom" is possible in a way but it has already been discussed.

69erSteiner
What isn't possible in this series. In Reloaded, it seemed that Neo gained a new power almost every scene. And realistic? Neo saved Trinity by copping a feel ( heart ) and reviving her. I bet the W bro's got medical proof about that happening. And I know you are going to say thats all in the matrix, but at the end of Reloaded, it looks like some of those powers have carried over into the "real world"

69erSteiner
Where you at Crash...doesn't anyone else have an opinion

tshirt
Whatever world he is in, be it the real world or the Matrix or the MWAM, he had the ability to stop the sentinels. Possibly blow them up (or their bombs). It appears that the jack is in the same world as the Sentinals. So, is it a huge leap to assume he could move the jack? Not in my book.

With that said, I still think it is the Speak Machine that is jacking Neo into the Matrix.

Neo: "Agent Smith has grown beyond your control. You cannot stop him. But I can."

Speak Machine: "What if you fail?"

Neo: "I won't."

Speak Machine: "Okay, jack in and kill him. But I call dibs on his sunglasses."

Neo struggles to insert the jack, but cannot reach. "Umm...can you give me a hand here?"

Speak Machine: "You can't even put the jack in yourself? How are you going to kill Smith if you can't even do that? Hey, did you have problems putting the 'Jack' into Trinity. Ha! Ha!"

Neo: "Shut up and just put the thing in my head. I gotta kill Smith, go save Zion and make dinner before Trinity gets home."

Speak Machine: "Okay. Good luck. I find a little nutmeg added to a cookie recipe gives it a little kick...if you are interested."

Neo: "Really? Cause I've been meaning to-"

JACK GOES IN and Neo ends up in the Oracle's kitchen.

Oracle: "Get working on those cookies!"

JediHDM
um, yes, i believe in MWAM, in fact, i think i am one of the ONLY proponents of MWAM here, so i think it is ENTIRELY possible that Neo jacks himself in, considering the circumstances...

miggfl
I don't know why he's in that funky position. But as I've stated, the "I won't" and the "What if you fail" appear to be at completely separate parts, considering he's standing in front of the machine perfectly upright when it says "what if you fail" and he's leaning back as if in a half chair, or being held up by something, when he says "I wont".

Even if they are 5 minutes apart, this is not his response to the question "what if you fail"

And I don't think neo has any telekinesis in the real world. If he did, why would he bother taking hovercrafts anywhere guys =) Why not just fly? I too believe the w brothers are trying to avoid standard plot devices. So thats why i think MWAM would be a horrible way out.

burlyman
nearly everything in trailers are taken out of context, but he would most probably be responding to "what if i fail"
how do you even know this is the last line before he is jacked in, and he wouldnt say it and then immediately be jacked in, but this transition isnt shown in the trailer. they dont show flow as in the movie, they always cut it

JediHDM
i think that, by portraying MWAM, they would be going against the flow of Hollywood, by, no just making two matrices, but by making it so that, one can never know if he is in the real, or the illusion, if the desert of the real is the original, or is a simulacrum...

tshirt
I am against MWAM.

Here's my simple explaination. Neo has the source code within him. All of it. So, he is starting to work like the OS. It takes a while to learn, to understand, to develop the proper paths. To Believe that he is the One. Through something (call it some type of Bluetooth interface) he can control some of the functions of the machine world. (He is probably having to fight the machine in some ways through this.) This allows him to control/stop/blow up the Sentinels and their bombs. And give him some protection in the machine world.

This does not give him the ability to fly or use telekenis or manipulate objects like that. (That is why he needs the Hoovercraft.)

The scene with the jack in.
I think that is the speak machine. All those tenticles. Some have jacks on the end of them. We saw them moving. Plus something else was moving in front of it forming a face (baby, archie, etc.).

Neo made a deal with the Speak Machine. Neo would go in the Matrix to stop Smith. The Speak Machine agreed. And inserted the jack.

While it looks like he may be floating, that could simply be the camera angle, he could be sitting in a chair without a head rest, other tenticles could be supporting him in some fashion, etc.

SpikeSpiegel
if neo was an os, that would make morph a sort of boot strap loader, he goes out and searches for the os neo...(i like computing)

SimplePriest
Oh man jedi, I don't mean to leave you hanging (not that you need any support). I too believe there could be a MWAM. I don't know if that's where they are going with it or not. But I don't see any clear Evidence that they won't, or that it is impossible. It clearly is possible. In fact, there is a lot of Evidence to support it. The only thing that even keeps me thinking that it might not be a MWAM is I believe that a MWAM breaks away from traditional story telling (I won't dive into all that again, because we've all discussed it on previous threads). BUT, I see plenty of reason to believe the W bro's couldn't care less about being Traditional, and Do care about telling the story They want to tell. I also think that they certainly are creative enough to make it believable, and "acceptable" to the public. Well anyways, I believe in the possibility of MWAM. I don't see it as a shaky theory as of yet. And I think until someone (anyone) can give some reason (any reason) to believe it's false, I will continue to believe it is possible. (Otherwise, are you really keeping your mind Open?). So, please, give it a shot. I want to know if there is something I've missed or overlooked. Why is the MWAM impossible? This is a challenge. I'd love to discuss it. And no, no one has brought up Objective Evidence so far. (I hope none of this sounds rude, becuase I don't mean it to be. I'm just trying to keep with the idea of us discussing and debating our thoughts online smile )

So good friend jedi, you are not alone *fire's up light sabre* I, Priest, shall also defend the MWAM.

wink

JediHDM
Simple, you have chosen the true path, the path of the Jedi, for we ourselves are but SimplePriests, seeking truth, and righting wrong...

Also, i know that you do, but i'm saying there is no one who says that they disbelieve the other theory; i understand there are people who are keeping an open mind, looking at all possible explanations, (although i'm not saying i'm not doing either of those ;D) . Also, simple, i've tried to get them to provide proof either against MWAM, or for their view, but they haven't provided substantial evidence, at least in my eyes...Also, i have mixed feelings, i must admit...I am sure that this is the right answer for the questions raised so far, based on all possible evidence (intra- and extra-matrix material), but i hope that i am wrong, otherwise i think i will feel cheated somehow, that somehow i out thought the wbs, and they are geniuses, so either they made it for the masses (which is impossible knowing the WBs) or they aren't as smart as i previously thought (BLASPHEMY, i know...) so, i hope to go into the movie theater and be blown away by some previously un-thought-of idea that is so rofound, ...i will faint from the processes going on in my mind at once...But for now...*activates saberstaff* We shall fight together, and, if need be, we will die together, but if we must die "we'll give them HELL BEFORE WE DO!!!"

them b4--> smile

us-->http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/starwars.gif <-- them

them after-->http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/wheelchair.gif

Korri
Llaughing out loudL

Sifer
I will whoop you all with my double-bladed Purple Mofo big grin

JediHDM
my saberstaff will handle your purple mofo, while Simple strikes you down from behind...

obhaive
Have you considered, based on the theatrical trailer, that perhaps it is not a MWAM defined by the machines having control, but in fact a level of control defined by another level of entities "GOD" if you will??? So therefore the machines and the humans are controlled...sort of alluded by the council member guy to neo when they were looking at the control room downstairs in zion...who needs who? Why exist at all? Perhaps neo gains an ability to see the real world like he sees the amtrix...at a level beyond ordinary comprehension...thus the golden corridor, the tenticles foing throught him...maybe the blindfold is to aid him in this sight...perhaps neo realises that machines have souls too? In that end, machines and humans are only seperated by the materials they are constructed with...

Then again it could all be a hell of a lot simpler than this, and most other theories put forth...just could be a really funky action sci fi flick....yadda yadda man machine battle shake hands agree to disagree lets go start a new human eden (zion????) on the surface neo bags first goes at trinity blue sky on mars ...the end

JediHDM
blasphemy!! it is MUCH MORE THAN a simple action flick...it is NOT xXx...

obhaive
i am sorry but i dont quite have the ability to spell words with sarcasim!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.