Recent News From EP3 Set *Spoilers*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Joseph_Kerr
Here are some recents spoilers:

The Spoiler codes didn't work.. so I erased them.. sorry sad

LanceWindu
I believe I know what spoilers you want.

One new planet in Episode 3 is Kashyyyk (The Wookiee homeworld) And the clone troopers turn on their Jedi generals at this point in the film.

There is a lava planet.

Mace Windu will have a talk with Palpatine when everything goes down.

Padme does die in the film.

LanceWindu
Am I right?

Joseph_Kerr
Yes, that's the one. smile Thank you. Very interesting news from the set .. that's for sure.

LanceWindu
Not a problem Joseph.

Ushgarak
You don't need to use spoiler tags if you have put 'spoilers' in the thread title!

To get a definitve answer on Padme is nice- sadly, still only a rumour!

LanceWindu
Yes, but a very good rumor.

Ushgarak
I hope so- we'll look our for more confirmation of that.

Darth Hater
i guess we know why ep3 ends on a sad note

i cant wait to see how it all unfolds!

LanceWindu
With me here I'll gather all the latest news as it comes in, because I need to do so anyways for my site, but it will all be posted here as well.

Ushgarak
I note on TFN that some people are now trying 'resurrection' as a way to try and square Padme dying on-screen with the contradicting line in ROTJ... I see this will remain contentious even if confirmed...

Still, what with the droids and all, it won't be the worst continuity problem GL has caused.

LanceWindu
The droids will get their memories wiped, so that takes care of a big part of that continuity.

Ushgarak
I think they mean more about the ridiculous continuity problems caused by them being created by Anakin and 3-P0 having spent years at the Lars homestead, CLEARLY something GL never intended when we wrote ANH and something people are alrwady having to bother to make excuses about to cover up- likewise this if it is so.

LanceWindu
Yes, but I have a feeling Lucas has found a way to cover his tracks.

Ushgarak
More likely (IF this is so) he doesn't really care that much.

LanceWindu
I wouldn't say that.

Star Wars is his child.

Ushgarak
Yes, but he doesn't actually always engage in 100% absolute fan-level detail.

LanceWindu
I personally don't think he has to.

It's his story, let him tell it the way he wants to.

plenTpak52
Cool spoilers, but I don't get the Mace Windu one.

LanceWindu
He'll probably suspect Palpatine and he goes to call him out and maybe Palpy is the one that kills Mace.

plenTpak52
shouldn't that be a spoiler tag?

LanceWindu
No...as Ush said if there is the word spoiler in the title of the thread you don't have to use spoiler tags.

Joseph_Kerr
I don't see Mace as the type who defends himself. I view him as a take action type Jedi and previously Jackson has said that Mace is attacked... I'm curious if Anakin sees his accusations made toward Palpatine, sees the possibility of Mace attacking Anakin's mentor/father figure, and defends Palpatine.. thus creating the Mace vs. Anakin battle. Where Anakin kills Mace thinking that Mace... *cough cough* is a traitor to the Jedi order (after much manipulation from Palpatine about a traitor among the Jedi).

plenTpak52
Well I still think you should because its kind of like a Pandora's box when you see those posts. You've just got to look. And besides, SPOILERS LOOK COOL

LanceWindu
Yeah I guess they do.

Lyn
Poor Padme... sad
I thought we'd decided she wasn't going to die.... stick out tongue wink

LanceWindu
We didn't decide anything, we debated.

Lyn
Yeah, I know... stick out tongue wink
Well I thought out "debate" ended with everyone thinking Padme would live.

LanceWindu
I always knew deep down that she'd more than likely die.

Remy
It is confirmed by Samuel L Jackson himself that Mace will have a Big Duel Fight. Mace is supposed to be the second bad ass in the galaxy (Next after yoda), so he gotta go out with a bang.

yerssot
er... that was already known for some time I think remy messed

masterofmatrix
padme does die. it is true as in ep 6 luke askes leia what does she remember about her mother to which leia said "she died when i was very young"

Clone Trooper
well I would love to see Mace and Boba (teen version) fighting that would be great becasue Mace killed Boba's father so probably and people say that Boba will kill Mace RUMOR though i don't really know but i think that would be a nice battle sequence

yerssot
lucas said that boba will get even less screeningtime then he already got in AOTC, so, don't count on it!

oh and masterofmatrix... padme will die, it's just that leia remembers her, so, technically leia needs to be some years old to remember her

Clone Trooper
who well i was just saying that it would be cool but they might be getting a new cats member to play the teen version of Boba because the movie deos at least take 2-3 years later

Darth Hater
^^^

no she doesnt...she just says that she remembered her being sad...and that she died when she was VERY young...she could have used the force(w/o knowing of course) to keep the memories in tact.

yerssot
you do know that younglings who are trained to USE the force are 7 ...

someone who isn't the chosen one can't magically use the force at 1 month old or so to 'store' memories

Clone Trooper
LOL good one

Clone Trooper
so what will luke and liea do when there father turns EVIL?

yerssot
know nothing, since they learn it in ESB messed

Ushgarak
No, the debate was never if Padme died full stop, the debate was whether Padme died IN EPISODE III. That quote from ROTJ made it UNLIKELY she did, due to the memory issue- and if Leia remembers her mother after brief exposure due to the Force, then Luke should have done too- yet did not.

So the debate pretty much came down to the idea that whilst we had no firm information on whether she died in the film or not it was more natural to assume she did not. Now we actually HAVE information, though, all the debate goes out of the window- if this is confirmed.

LanceWindu
But until it is confirmed by Lucasfilm, which it won't be until the film is actually shown, I won't believe it to be completely true.

Ushgarak
Yes, tricky one, that. I really would like it settled- it has caused a huge amount of debate.

LanceWindu
But this should be one of those very closely guarded screts of the film, so I highly doubt it would be revealed on the net just like that.

Clone Trooper
EDIT: You already posted this in another thread. It has nothing to do with episode 3 or the relevant thread for that matter.

Lyn
So...do you think they will skip time or whatever??

Darth_Byterious
Maybe Padame does die and Leia's memories are of Bail's wife or just a caretaker that was hired to take care of Leia.Just a thought.

finti
Luke specifies it by saying your real mother

Darth Hater
you do know that younglings who are trained to USE the force are 7 ...

someone who isn't the chosen one can't magically use the force at 1 month old or so to 'store' memories

geek

Darth Hater

Lyn
So Leia must have always known they weren't her real parents...do you think she knew much about Padme??

LanceWindu
According to ROTJ, she remembers just a little of her real mom.

finti
wrong

Clone Trooper
Well know this it will be Leia that see's her mom luke is brought to Tatotien and Leia stays with the Jedi for the time being

Ushgarak
Err... that doesn't quite scan right, CT.

Lyn
Leia stays with Bail Organa on Alderaan (sp?)

littletart
Apologies in advance if this is old news. I just read a production report at AICN that describes Anakin after "his brush with the volcano".

The report indicates the make-up f/x are seriously hardcore, with Anakin missing both arms and legs and badly burned etc. around the head.

Lyn
Missing BOTH arms and legs...wow.
LT: I don't know if the other people already know (probably do-I find out everything from them) but I haven't read anything posted on the forums yet about him missing both arms and legs.

finti
there has been asumptions that both of Vader arms are mechanichal, and probably his legs too, we dont know about his legs though. But if he is to fall down into a molten pit well then it is very likely that most of his limbs will be mechanical

Rogue Jedi
probably his little saber too. laughing out loud

yerssot
at that rate only his head will stay "intact" eek!

Joseph_Kerr
As far as I seen reported from Lucas' Camp.. His other Arm and one of his legs from the knee down. He will also be crisped in the Lava.

LanceWindu
Yeah, I've heard the same things.

yerssot
funny, the last thing I heard was that they had three ideas of him being burned

Julie
so any new news on the Padme issue?????

Ushgarak
No confirmation of her on-screen death yet as far as I know.

yerssot
yes, she will be played by natalie portman wink

Lyn
I'm sure I read something Lucas said about Padme living through Ep3 with the story of her death being told in a series of books following the film--just can't remember where... confused

Ushgarak
Fan rumour?

Lyn
No, I don't think so...I can't really remember but Lucas was mentioned, it was some site...DAMN IT!! WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER?!?! mad

Ushgarak
Well, one hears a lot of stuff...
(hugs comfortingly)

yerssot
haven't heard that one lyn messed

LanceWindu
Nor have I.

Hypernova
Lyn it might have been in starwars.com discussion boards?

Volundro Ramm
An interview with Rick McCallum confirmed that Padme will definatly die onscreen in EPIII.(Thank god, probably a part of the reason Anakin turns to the darkside). Im not sure if this has been posted before, F"$k it anyway.

EDIT: I added spoiler to the title of your thread.

yerssot
where?

mephistodesigns
I've heard talk of a scene of a funeral with what appeared to be several handmaidens around a coffin. Again, I haven't seen this picture so who knows.

mephistodesigns
and didn't Lucas say there'd be a funeral at the end? Or at least somewhere?

Capt_Fantastic
This makes no sense at all. How does Leia remember her mother, "her real mother", when she dies right after she is born? Hopefully Rick is as full of shit as I always think he is.

Pig nosed, suck up, yes man that he is

Ushgarak
Merging.

Can we have the source of this, please?

yerssot
haven't heard of that "fact" either...

Ushgarak
Yeah, we really need a link with a big confirmation like this.

mephistodesigns
Maybe that quote of Leia's was never supposed to be taken literally. Up until that moment she probably thought Bail was her father too. Luke might have just meant do you remember your mother figure?
But I was never sure she meant her real mother. It could have just been a foster parent. Maybe its one of Padme's hand maidens, or even Padme's sister since she'll actually be in the final cut this time.
OR maybe Padme DOES die, but Anakin learns to "stop people from dying" and brings her back. Cheesy yes, but possible in a world of gunguns and ewoks. That happened in a batman mini series called last laugh a year or two back, DC comics swore up and down that joker would die, and he did after Nightwing beat his head in, then Batman does CPR and gets him back so Nightwing wouldn't be a killer. Dumb but, thats hype for you.
remember how McCallum said there'd be pod racing in Clones? Yeah, on a screen in the back of a bar for five seconds. So maybe she's clinicly dead and Anakin saves her. That would definitely be a show of power. it was cool when neo did it in matrix2. Hopefully Lucas has a more original twist up his sleeve. Weren't we promised some major twists?

LanceWindu
No, she knew that she had a true mother, and she knew that Bail Organa was her adpotive father.

yerssot
as lance said; it's quiet clear she was talking about her REAL mother!

"Do you remember your mother? your REAL mother?"

Ushgarak
Absolutely, that was made VERY clear.

LanceWindu
I'm still wondering how it's going to be pulled off.

Somehow Gl is going to have to tell her part of the story but still make it to where Leia can remember...

mephistodesigns
Lance, how do we know for sure? If its not in the movies, and as we've seen with Boba Fett's origin taking a dramatic change from EU stories, can we trust it? We have no indication (in the films) she knew she was adopted, do we? GL will change anything outside the movies without hesitation. That line does imply she knew, but nothiing concrete. Of course we want it to mean that, but look at how many other things we thought we knew have changed. And he did promise big twists. Bottom line, we really don't know what he's going to flip on us and what will be what we expect. What we expect isn't always what he'll write.

yerssot
EU means that you can't trust it since it's not canon! so Fett's origin was never known in the first place!

mephistodesigns
Exactly my point. On what are we basing that Leia knows who her mother was exactly? that line IMPLIES, it isn't fact until we get all the information.

Ushgarak
Because you don;t put a line like that in a film if you don't mean it.

mephistodesigns
That's hardly a convincing arguement. big grin
i hope you are right, I'm just trying to make sense of the situation with the info we all have. Unless he just does another "the force works in mysterious ways" answer, like how Anakin manage to "accidentaly" destroy that TF battleship in PM, and claims she somehow can remember things because she's a jedi child or something, there's no way she remembers Padme. This is probably gonna be one of the bigger of the big surprises.

Ushgarak
Actually, yes it IS a convincing argument. Films are not real life. If a character says "Do you remember your real mother" and the question is answered, this is direct information being given to the audience, unless you think GL was being deliberately deceptive which is highly unlikely.

But I still think that if this rumour IS true there will be no explanation offered.

LanceWindu
I truly wish this would be one of the loose ends that he addresses though, he can't just switch it out to where the original line means nothing.

mephistodesigns
please! he's always deceptive. look at how obi-wan handles the whole Anakin/Vader thing with Luke. Its part of the fun of storytelling, screwing with the audience! We just don't know what Leia's life was supposed to be like growing up. We don't know what she was told about her real parents, if anything, we don't know what they concealed from her, what was slightly tweeked in that wonderful kenobi-esque way.
I hope he does explain this. It hurts my head!
If she does in fact die, and no explaination is given, then I suppose we are to think she's refering to her adoptive mother. but, we are supposed to see the twins being hidden right? Shouldn't the explaination be somewhere in there?

Ushgarak
Nonsense. He was putting closure at the end of a story- that line was factual. To claim just because he did the Vader trick means we cannot trust info being provided to the audience is ridiculous. The whole sequence is CLEARLY factual.

mephistodesigns
how?

Ushgarak
Because, as I say, it was being provided as direct factual information to the audience at the conclusion of the story. You simply do not doubt anything like that without a very good reason. This is how films give information- they are not like books, they cannot do it in narrative.

mephistodesigns
but why does that mean we can deduce leia knew her mother with out anything other than luke saying "your real mother". maybe to leia that was her real mother (whoever it was). If the prequels were never made, I'd whole heartingly agree with you. But you can't judge these films on average standards, he's doing something relatively new here. meaning some rules are thrown out the window. plus he is kinda working out the details as he goes along. I mean, for the longest time, on the star wars timeline he had ep3 as 20 years before ANH but said he'd put the twins birth in it. Then he must have realized the math error and set it to 18yrs before ANH. Because now all the timelines have it at 18yrs. Now, I'm not saying this means anything. I'm simply saying, as far as film is concerned, this is new territory. So average rules don't always apply.

yerssot
it's still 20
tpm was 32 years before ANH
AOTC was ten years later : 22 years before ANH
EpIII is two years later : 20 years before ANH

and the entire scene there was about Luke not handling the truth well about his father and sister, then it's rediculous that if he asks about her real mother (he stressed the real-part) that she talks about her adoptive mother!

mephistodesigns
its not twenty because in all of the timelines it says 18. also, luke was 18 in ANH

yerssot
funny, GL himself gave those numbers

Ushgarak
GL says 20, it is 20. And Luke was 20. That's how it is.

And I KNOW the Prequel Films can change things, but none of THAT changes the fact that we were told, factually, in ROTJ that Leia remembers her real mother, and that is all there is to it- that is what the best information we have is.

And if that becomes an inconsistency I do not expect an offiical explanation.

mephistodesigns
why not? what are we supposed to assume they meant then?

Ushgarak
Anyone's guess will be as good as mine. I don;t think GL will necessarily (he might. but I do not necessarily expect it) go to the bother of covering up any possible trouble there.

Or maybe it's not true anyway. Who knows at this point?

mephistodesigns
and when did it change to 20? In all the timelines it said twenty until last fall, then it said 18. So its back to 20? I don't mind that. I always had trouble with Luke and Leia only being 18. Made her relationship with Han just a tiny bit wierd, very Michael Douglas.

mephistodesigns
that's very lazy of him not to fix that. I smell "VERY Special Edition" edits! big grin

LanceWindu
Nope, GL has stated there will not be anymore edits to the OT, including more to the SE.

mephistodesigns
that's good to hear. He should at least ditch the Greedo/Han thing. I know he won't. Oh well. i do hope he adds though. Like Bail looking at the Death Star as if it were Alderaan's moon, or those scenes that have concept art, but as far as I know there isn't any script, of Vader on Coruscant to meet with the Emperor. McQuarrie has some paintings for it. And they could film a quick scene like that in a day. That would be totally awesome.
When did episode 3 change back to 20 years before ANH? recently?

LanceWindu
I don't want him to add anything at all, because the contrast of graphics in just that one film will blow the balance all to hell.

I hope he changes the Greedo/Han thing as well, and not make Luke scream as he's dropping in Cloud City.

mephistodesigns
Definetly! I forgot all about that scream, hmm....must have blocked it from my memory with the other more disturbing things in my life. I really hope they at least clean up the color, the ships (meaning those horrible square seams around where they were inserted) , and the lightsaber blades. I'm sure they can jazz up the color a bit, can't they?

LanceWindu
Yeah they could really fix the blades, also if they're going to have the Han/Jabba in ANH at least get a better CGI Jabba! And remove the part where han steps on his tail, if he really did that Jabba would have him killed right then.

mephistodesigns
That was funny though, as unrealistic as it is. I read that he DID want to clean up the edits he had made because they already don't look as good as the PT. He said Jabba in ANH was one of those things. Now he's not doing it? He needs to make up his mind. Maybe through in some random PT aliens in crowd shots too.

LanceWindu
I seriously hope he rethinks the idea of a new Special Edition, coming straight to video.

mephistodesigns
i think they have to clean up the effects in the old ones just so they look more consitant. that way we can all stop lying to ourselves saying everything looks like that cuz the galaxy is at war. not all of it should look beat up. they could definetly clean up and ad but only where it serves the purpose of bridging the two trilogies. He'd be a fool not to fix Jabba though, if nothing else, because otherwise his weight is gonna fluxuate more than Oprah Winfrey's! Ep1-Fat, Ep4-thin, ep6-fat! I guess he was on slim fast in ANH.

LanceWindu
1-800-99-JENNY

Jenny Craig!

mephistodesigns
rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Lyn
Well, one hears a lot of stuff...
(hugs comfortingly)
Thanx Ush happy

Lyn it might have been in starwars.com discussion boards?
No...I'll search and come back to you guys on that one...

Boy--did I miss heaps!! I read somewhere (again, probably not very reliable seeing as I can't remember where I read it) that Luke & Leia were 18 in ANH. I found it very hard to believe.
And maybe there's not much GL has to cover up with Leia's line...all she remembered were feelings she had.

I think I saw that extra scene with Jabba & Han...the dialogue was basically the same as Han's conversation with Greedo (is that him??)

LanceWindu
It's not the same as the Greedo speech, but it's a terrible scene that should not have been added to the Special Edition.

Lyn
Yeah, right on Lance thumb up

queeq
Lance just reported MacCallum saying Padme dies... No official explanation yet. I think Ush is gonna be right on this.

Hypernova
Many have been saying that Padme dies!! sad

This thread moved so quickly today (overnight)!!

yerssot
and what if I said ie that Palpatine is actually a clawdite and that he's actually Shmi plus claiming many say that too?
still is a rumor and holds nothing of the truth, so don't believe that, hypernova, till you have a solid confirmation

finti
indeed............goes looking for supershadow so we can punch him around

Ushgarak
Lance might have just been repeating what was already said in here, queeq, and he said 'possible' confirmation.

I am perfectly open to the idea that he has said it, I just want a link to where he did it! Or where it was reported. or something! Like I said a couple of pages back, that's a big reveal to not have sourced!

queeq
Hey, I agree. He seemed pretty sure of himself though.

Ushgarak
Well, it is that he seemed to say it soon after it was said in this thread- he might have just been repeating it, I dunno.

queeq
Possibly.

Lyn
I know!! sad sad sad
I know!! wink stick out tongue

Omegaman
As far as the line in ROTJ , when Leia mentions her mother( i am assuming that this is what was mention before) doesnt she think that Bail Organa is her father? What if the woman she remembered as her mother was Bail's wife not padme? That would allow for her dying before leia was of age to remember her. Just a guess!

mephistodesigns
Thank you! That's what I've been saying but its not well received miffed

bunny what's with this bunny as an emotion? any of you feelin' a litte rabbity today?

Lyn
laughing
I am!! stick out tongue smile

Ushgarak
Oh God, not that again...

Luke specifies her REAL mother, not her adoptive one. oOf course she is not talking about Bail's wife, that would be silly. Obviously she knew she was adopted otherwise she would have said "What do you mean, my REAL mother?"

Now, you can stillt ry and make out that Leia is mistaken about her real mother anyway, but that is just silly as well- as pointed out before, that part of the film was clearly intedned to tell us, very briefly, about Anakin's wife.

mephistodesigns
that comes down to point of view. Ive already heard your argument for this and its full of holes. its all based on YOUR opinion of what Lucas was trying to do with that scene. If its confirmed she dies, then Leia obviously isn't remembering her mother is she? Not unless they say that because shes the chosen ones offspring she can remember more than most kids. And if that were true, then luke would remember her too. i don't remember her asking "What do you mean, my REAL mother?" either. Can someone post the ACTUAL script to this scene? I remember Luke saying it but not her. Whoever she was told her mother was is who she believes her mother was. Otherwise, by your logic, Luke would remember her too and he doesn't.

KOkid
Luke: "Leia, Do you remember you're mother..You're REAL mother"
Leia:"Just a little bit, she died when I was very young"
Luke:"What do you remember"
Leia:"Just images really,..feelings"
Luke:"Tell me.."
Leia:"..she was very beautiful, kind, but sad...Why are you asking me this"

it is AFTER this that luke reveals to her the truth about them, Vader, ect.. So one could argue that Leia, never knew that her "adopted" mother was not her real one.....However, I feel that her mentioning that her mother was SAD is a huge clue, (it is stressed) and after all the known events, Padme would have definitely lived out the remainder of her life in depression...perhaps she allowed Obi to take Luke, but insisted on keeping Leia..."Ending the movie on a sad note" may be Padme having to part with one of her just born children. Either way GL has a lot a room to work here, he will do what he wants. I mean, while this is very unlikely, we don't even know is Padme knew she hed two children, or if you wanna get real crazy maybe she did not know about either, or was told they died at birth. the only thing we know is Leia remembers a beautiful, kind, sad women- sound a lot like Padme to me......

finti
what?

she answered the question about HER REAL MOTHER so she was obvious aware of that particulare situation

This situation in ROTJ is what makes a Padme death in EP III a bit of a flaw

Ushgarak
It is not based on simply MY opinion. It is based on an ounce of common sense. As Finti, says. Luke asks Leia about her REAL MOTHER. Information is then provided to the audience about her REAL MOTHER. Stop trying to massivley over-complicate- it is that simple. Any other way, not only does Leia have an adopted mother, but there is also some other woman that we do not know of who Leia thought was her real mother, and died young, but who was not actually her real mother. Weird. Not impossible, but I would want proof.

And, again, yes she DID know her adopted Mother was not her real one, OTHERWISE she would have asked what Luke meant by 'Real Mother'. That is still patently obvious.

"i don't remember her asking "What do you mean, my REAL mother?" either. Can someone post the ACTUAL script to this scene? I remember Luke saying it but not her"

I never said she said it- at least do me the courtesy of reading what I say. I specifically said she didn't say it, but WOULD have said it if she did not know she was adopted.

And the only thing that is true by my logic is that there is a large potential continuity error here.

I am sorry, but nothing will ever change the fact that this scene was information given to the audience about Padme. Period. It has no other purpose.

finti
exactly

mephistodesigns
i think GL meant that too when he wrote it, let me clarify my point, I agree with you that it was supposed to be about Padme (even though I'll bet he didn't have her named yet but who knows) I'm saying I don't see how that scene can, at THIS point, logically mean that. I agree, the description of her always meant her mother to me as well, obviously sad about Anakin's fall along the the rest of the galaxy. But how does this make sense with what we know now? And how certain are people that Padme dies? is it like really really set in stone fact? I just hope McCallum's not playing with us like when he said there would be Podracing in II...that would be really f-ed up. I totally agree that she shouldn't die so that scene in ROTJ doesn't get destroyed, its one of my favorite scenes in all the movies. But if she dies, how can he possibly justify that conversation?

Joseph_Kerr
Her "real" mother could be one of the handmaidens of Padme. Unknown to Leia who considered her to be her real mother. Once we have all 6 movies together, I bet it will make more sense. Right now, we haven't even seen EpIII yet. So calm down.

mephistodesigns
exactly. good call.

KOkid
The dialog I posted is str8 from the film, Ush, I typed it while watching...Luke is the one that says "real mother", Leia did not know she was his sister, vader's daughter, ect. until Luke explained it to her shortly after, SO if she was told this other lady was her real mother she would have believed it until Luke proved that wrong ...HOWEVER, I would think she'd have reacted a little more, So I AGREE that she is speaking of Padme, and having her die in Episode 3 would not make sence. This would be better (like Meph said) for ROTJ and the overall story, but we all know it's still a movie and GL can and will do whatever he wants, and unfortunatly for us he doesn't have to justify it. no matter how much it pisses us off...........doesn't Obi tell Luke (in ANH) that when he met Anakin he was a great starfighter; sure he could race a pod, but "great starfighter" is a stretch......

SlayerChick1188
Well he wasnt going to tell him their whole backstory was he

Dont forget the incident with the Battle Droid Ship either!!! That showed he was a pretty good pilot...

mephistodesigns
the fact that he won that podrace is pretty amazing. NO OTHER HUMAN could do it. That's impressive that he could and on top of it win. As A TEN YEAR OLD!! Other Jedi might not even have been able to pull that off. (I don't know if anyone read the novel Tatooine Ghosts about Leia learning about Anakin, when she's told about the podrace, Han says 'yeah right, like any human could do that'. It was cool).

finti
Leia knows about her being adopted by the Bail Organ family of Alderaan. Cause she knew who her real mother was( what we dont know is if Leia is adopted before or after Padmes death.) And Luke substantiate it by saying YOUR REAL MOTHER when asking about her.

Leia... do you remember your mother? Your real mother?

Leia knew the diffrense between them for sure.

KOkid
I agree with you Finti, 100%, I fully believe she was speaking of Padme..I really hope Lucas adhere's to the talk in ROTJ.....And yes, Anakin's skills are amazing, I just don't feel "great starfighter" is the correct way to describe him..but that's an irreverant arguement

finti
so do I, cause it is actually kind of important that things said in the OT makes some sort of sense in the PT

queeq
According to earth standards a child remembers nothing or very little from before the age of four. So let's say for arguments sake, that Leia was three when Padme died. It still needs some time between EPIII and her death.... according to ROTJ.

Rogue Jedi
i dont remember anything from age 4......

finti
you mean before age 4 , right?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>