My nickname...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
This has to be the stupidest thing I have ever posted, but...

I think Gundark invented my nickname, Ush, as now the entire Black and White forum knows me as... the Good God Ush... like it. Totally inappropriate to where I lifted the name from, but never mind.

Anyhow... I'm just curious. Do people think that's 'Ush' as in 'brUSH' or 'Ush' as in 'bUSH'? Or do people not even out a sound to it at all?

Just wandering...

Edna_witch
I liken you to basil Brush Im araid!

Ushgarak
Well, there goes my hardman image...

Gundark
Ush as in Bush. Thats what I call you, and yes, I'll take full credit for your nickname, thank you very much. cool

Ushgarak
Well, that's one-all so far!

Thanks, Gundi-kins...

Gundark
No problem Ush-hunk.

Ushgarak
Gundy-wundy...

queeq
Ush as in bush....kangaroo. Hey there Skippy.

Edna_witch
You dont like Basil Brush? Howabout brush border or Hair brush ?

Ushgarak
Didn't say I didn't LIKE him, but he's hardly a bronze-haired Adonias, is he, Edna Hairdryer?

(Oh... what fun watching them work THAT one out...)

Edna_witch
Well I think he's lovely!

Ushgarak
He IS lovely. Boom boom!

I want to see queeq trying to work out the hairdryer thing..

Gundark
Glad to know ya, Ush-wush.

Edna_witch
What?

Ushgarak
What do you mean, what?

Here's looking at you, Gundy-widdikins

ratcat
brUSH I'm afraid.

Ushgarak
Two all! Keep it coming...

finti
I kind of say Ush as in brush.

razman
brUSH as well.

Gundark
Whats your score card say now, Ush-nice-tush. Hehehe.

Ushgarak
It's four-two to brush, Gund-meister...

Gundark
I'll have to use the mind trick to sway the balance in my favor, Ushy-cushy.

Ushgarak
That's goiong to be hard work, Gund-areno...

ratcat
So I guess the brUSH won then.

Ushgarak
Looks like so right now...

Sadly I can't think of an amusing twist on your name except for that patheti RatTWAT insult that got thrown at you last week.

ratcat
Yes, mysteriously that got deleted. Not sure how that happened.

Ushgarak
Damn and it was so funny...

ratcat
Cheers sad

Ushgarak
Sorry... because I was being so serious...

I wanted to see what he would make of my name...

Edna_witch
Which should it be anyway?

ratcat
Yeah, and we've only done the first bit.

I always pronouse the garak bit like Garak from Deep Space Nine. Is that the truth, you're really a Cardasian spy?

Edna_witch
Yep thats how I say it too. He's a Cardacian Basil Brush! Hhhhhhmmmmm!

Ushgarak
Blimey, Raz thought it was that as well. It's pronounced like Garak, yes, but that's not even vaguely the source.

Oddly enough, though, I'm not certain how the first bit should be pronounced. But I always used bUSH.

Edna_witch
So where does it come from?

Ushgarak
Hmmm... Ush wonders whether to blow his big secret over anything except ICQ....

Edna_witch
Tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me!

Ushgarak
Hmmm... well, as you put it so nicely...

Ok, fract the first: Most importantly of all, it's a handle that I can be relatively certain will never be usedaby anyone else. Rather like your own, my dear.

Edna_witch
Fract?

Edna_witch

Ushgarak
Um... I know what I said, thanks... if you have something to say, say it...

Edna_witch
Oh stop it you sarcy git! I pressed send by accident was going to go back and edit it but my browser is being really slow. Now where was I?

Oh yeah. Emulated?

Ushgarak
Yes, as in Spectrum emulation, wherre the PC acts like it was a different systyem. Really big on the net, all those arguments about PS emulation (which was beter than the real thing) and so on...

In this case, though, the emulation is built into the programme, so you just need to download the programme and run it... marvellous... I thinm they even have the manual and maps for download there...

Edna_witch
Slight problem! Not allowed to download programs remember!

Ushgarak
Bugger! But it's so small... you probably download more when you log-on here...

What if I sent them to you in an e-mail?

Edna_witch
No I dont think so. Files that go in temp online file thingie are ok but programmes are a big no no.

Ushgarak
Damn! Absolutely no chance of leeway at all? Any chance you can get your own computer?

Edna_witch
Not until I go to uni no.

Ushgarak
Hum... your time will come...

ratcat
I thought you were at University already Edna?? confused

Ushgarak
Nah, she's about to finish her A-Levels.

ratcat
Ah, got ya. Edna, you know where you'll be going yet?

Ushgarak
Can I keep answering for her? Guess she's trying to work out the next line in 'Cheese Shop'...

ratcat
Well, I was hopiong she might answer herself, but go on, if you must....

Ushgarak
She wants to do Medicine at Imperial.

Oi! Edna! RC's being curious! Get over here!

ratcat
Imperial College? Isn't that in London

Ushgarak
Yes it is...

ratcat
A lot closer than staffs..... wink

Ushgarak
Oh yeah. But if only I lived in the biggest commuter town for London in the UK...

Hang on...

(or mayhaps I had spotted this one already...)

ratcat
Is this Fate? Is this Destiny.

Now, I just need to sort out Dim and we have a party of 4 for dinner. laughing out loud

After you've had you intimate meal for two of course. wink

Ushgarak
That would be lovely, if were appropriate.

Ushgarak
Fract indeed, my dear! Fracts are very important!

Fract the second: It's a vaguely cool-sounding generic fantasy/sci-fi name, usable in most contexts.

ratcat
OK, just have a nice, friendly meal for two then.

MENTAL NOTE: Leave em alone and stop playing matchup!!!

Ushgarak
Better...

Edna_witch
What the hell is a fract? You will have to forgive my limited vocabulary. I am just a stupid scientist! My vocaulary is full of useless words that if you say to most normal people, they look at you like you are a lunatic!

Ushgarak
(Bangs head repeatedly against table)

OF COURSE IT'S NOT A WORD!

I was just trying to take my error in good humour...

Fact the third.... when did you start gaming?

Edna_witch
When did I start gaaming? I dont know!

And stop confusing me with your typos! You know Im stupid and easily confused so stop it!

Ushgarak
Born in 1983, though... which means you would have been two years old... not likely you'll get the gaming reference, I guess...

Edna_witch
Yes London for me hopfeully! Fingers crossed!

Ushgarak
Go Witchy!

Edna_witch
Obviously not because if there is a gaming reference then it went straight over my head!

Ushgarak
Ok, the name comes fro the main bad guy from the 1985 Spectrum Classic Lords of Midnight, a game that revolutionised games, and was the most amazing hit at the time. people sent in whole stories to gamiong amgazines about what they were doing in it, tales of their troops and battles, problems and victories... it was really big. Being seven at the time, it was quite an influence on me.

One the main objectives for the good guys was to storm the Citadel of Ushgarak.

Check out
http://www.icemark.com

for info on the updated PC version! Though they had better have another version available soon...

Edna_witch
Ohok then! We used tohave a spectrum but we could only get the damn thing to work a few times before it nearly blew up the TV we had loads of games too. My uncle gave it all to us. I dont know whether we ever had that. Never had a chance to see.

Ushgarak
There is a perfect emulated version on that site, along with a new version with a modern-day PC graphics interface... still needs work though, so grab the emulated originals... bloody tiny they are, by modern standards.

Edna_witch
Thank you for the confidence!

Edna_witch
Yep you see straight over my head again. Im young and stupid so just treat me that way and we'll all get along fine!

Ushgarak
It's not that difficult... let me see...

Go... to... the ... site... and... get... the... emulated... versions... of... the ... original... game... and ... it's... sequel... they...are...not...very...big.

There. Not too hard, was it?

By the way... STOP CRITICSING YOURSELF!

Ushgarak
Not at all...

ratcat
Expensive place to live...

Ushgarak
It IS, horrendously so, so I assume they have all sorts of facilities for students

ratcat
Let's hope so...

Edna_witch
Look Im gonna be there for 6 years so Im gonna be in huge debt no matter where I go so I might as well do it in style right?

Ushgarak
Fair enough...

Edna_witch
Exactly! Plus Im closer to my sister! And further from my parents! Two very good reasons to go to london I think!

Ushgarak
Even better! And yoou'll be closer to me, to!

What's that? You'll stay up there? Okay, fair enough.

Edna_witch
Well I suppose that might be seen as a good thing! It would increase the chances of us actually meeting!

Ushgarak
Woo-hoo!

Edna_witch
Calm down! Calm down! You'll give yourself a hernia!

Ushgarak
You bring the happiness out in me...

ratcat
Well if Dim and I can live 4781 miles apart and meet, I see no reason why you guys shouldn't be down the pub together (sorry, student bar laughing out loud ) every weekend if you're less that 50 miles apart....

Ushgarak
Because I don't travel well...

Edna_witch
And he doesnt mix with pubs! And he's not a student and we live more than 50 miles apart! There are just oh so many flaws in your argument RC!

Ushgarak
See? We have a mutual understanding going here. Though, to be fair, we'll be unlucky to be much more than fifty miles apart once you get to Uni.

Edna_witch
But that wont be foranother 5 months!

Ushgarak
Yeah, but that was the point he was planning ahead to...

Edna_witch
Oh ok!

Ushgarak
He's such an old romantic, is RC...

Edna_witch
RC did you hear that? He called you old!

Ushgarak
Oh blimey...

ratcat
That's OK, I am old. In fact, I'm almost old enough to be your father!!!

queeq
OH NO!!! Not the "I'm your father"-line again. laughing out loud

ratcat
I did say almost old enough.

Edna_witch
Hang on I think you are old enought to be my father arent you?

ratcat
Biologically maybe, but not legally.

Edna_witch
Hnag on. Two years short right?

Gundark
Hey ! The "I am your father" line is one the best ! JEJ did that in what I call a growling whisper. What do you think of that?

Edna_witch
Oh that line is class. Its the next line or rather the acting that went with it that makes me cringe everytime I watch it!

ratcat
Three years actually, I'm 33 in July.

Ushgarak
That's im-pah-see-bel!

Edna_witch
RC are you sure you can count? That makes you 14 when I was born. That would be two years as I said!

ratcat
Yes, but I counted 9 months extra, you're the one who wants to be a nurse, you figure out why. laughing out loud

Edna_witch
No actually Im the one who wants to be a doctor! And nine moths before I was born you would have still been 14! Just!

ratcat
OK, you wanna quibble over 3 days now. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
OW! Careful, RC, I understand that's a bad mistake to make. Not fromEdna, of course, just in general.

ratcat
That is funny on soooooo many different levels. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
WTF? I didn't mean to post that message here. Heck, I;ve got so may thigns going on at once... give me a few mos, guys...

ratcat
MOst of the best ones happen by accident. laughing out loud

Edna_witch
So july the 21st hey! Well three days is three days! And three little days just prove me right and you once again wrong!

ratcat
Oops. two days then. 22nd

Edna_witch
My god RC could you get any more useless?

ratcat
Yes, but I really have to put my mind to it. laughing out loud

Edna_witch
I would have thought it would come naturally to someone as inept as you!

ratcat
Adept, A D E P T!!! Get it right. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Hey! Stop this!

Edna_witch
No I had it right first time RC!

ratcat
Well, that works too. I mean I never passed my driving test the first time, THAT was pretty inept.....

Gundark
I'm not going near that one with a ten foot wookiee.

Edna_witch
So what if Ive failed the damn thing three times? It takes skill to be as bad a driver as me!

Gundark
Thats the spirit !!! cool

Ushgarak
You'd better not get too personal with her, RC...

Gundark
Hmmmmm....but girls can get personal, can't they ?

razman
Sure they can...

And on that note....Topic Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.