How Does Neo Kill Smith?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tshirt
So we have seen the movies, the trailers, etc.

Given that we know Smith and Neo have super powers, how does Neo kill Smith? It doesn't seem like a gun shot or karate chop will do it. Punching, throwing him against a wall or anything else like that is probably not going to work either.

So how is it done?

Theories?

My guess is Silver bullets work on Vampires, but not Smith.

And, if there are 100s or 1000s of them, how does Neo kill them all? Does killing Smith 001 kill the rest? Or does it have to be something more basic, like a virus inserted into Smiths code (which could be like a virus killing a virus).

burlyman
ok my guess is that he has to copy him self on to the orginal smith

JKozzy
Maybe, or somehow Neo gets some special access codes or "privelages" from the Speak robot, or the Architect lends a hand, since Smith has become an abomination to everyone and everything.... who knows?

GABRIEL05
well they said that smith has grown beyond even the machines control. So I don't think he'll be getting help from the digipeeps

JediHDM
but the machines and the humans working together have a future...Neo and the SOURCE(?) fuse, sort of, and that gives Neo the power he needs, no longer bound by the laws of the Matrix, but, rather, able to change anything and EVERYTHING, perhaps giving Smith a flaw that can be utilized, or just writing him out of the system, but that the enormous amount of power necessary might kill the focus of the power, aka Neo, or the ONE...

sith_darth_jay
and then neo dies, his blind when the speak machines jack him back in, ,and also blind when flying with trinity,maybe the superbrawl is after that

General Kaliero
FLAW!!!!!! THE PIMPLE!!!!!!

icansee
Smith is a virus and what do we do with virii we create an antiviruse.

clavis9495
so neo is the antivirus according to you

icansee
Yes.

Korri
interesting thought

JediHDM
POP THE PIMPLE, NEO!!!! POP IT!!!

and what icansee is saying is basically the same thing that we've been saying about neo being 1 and smith being 0...

icon
you guys don't remember do you. I heard that in an interview, one of the W. Bros or someone like that said that by the end of the movie, Smith isnt the only one who can copy himself wink

Sifer
It would be logical to assume that the source of the virus is also the destroyer of the virus. He has both Virus and Cure smile

JediHDM
"the beginning and the end..."

jiggaman8604
Guys...I think its pretty obvious they all just need the lastest copy of norton. bunny

JediHDM
HAHAHAHAHA...Norton doesn't exist...its all a lie, a form of control...Smith IS Norton!! AHHHHH!!!!

The Omega

Ob1
Anyone here wondered why Neo only fights ONE Smith in the trailers? Could it be the original one?

Looks like terminating him would do something about the other ones?

Why not get virus to kill the virus? I can almost hear the commercial about Trend Smith-Cillin or Norman Smith Control stick out tongue

Crash_Overload
So, you are saying we need some kind of Virus Smith can absorb, like Mero's cake?

Crash_Overload
THE COOKIE

JediHDM
dun dun dun...

Crash_Overload
YES!!! My font works!!! More Originality for moi!!!! HA HA HA (I love Comic Sans MS)

Ob1
yes, something like that.

Fight fire with fire! devil

joeboy
Smith can't be killed. Neo will fight and fight, till he is forced to join forces with smith. They will realize that they both want the same thing. For the matrix to end. Neo will make a deal with smith. all the cookies he can eat if he helps him out on some info.

Ob1
Perhaps they just find the nearest bar and sort their differences over lots of beer beer beer

It must be nice to wake up in the real world without a hangover! big grin

joeboy
never had a hangover. Maybe i am in the MATRIX.

JediHDM
ive never had a hangover, so im in the matrix...of course, ive never had a drink, so...

Ob1
Don't you guys drink beer?

love beer

joeboy
I dink whiskey, red wine and sometimes beer. beer beer beer beer beer yes Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

JediHDM
i'm too young (only 18, almost 19) but that doesn't seem to stop my dorm buddies... whistle

The Omega
Ob1> I'm not a guy... sooo big grin
Well, I'm not too fond of beer. Gimme wine, cocktails or champagen, please.

FallenForever
Well, im too young to drink beer, and it tastes nasty anyway, so i doubt i will
joeboy-i agree with you, i dont think he will ever really defeat smith, just make an agreement with him

burlyman
"look, il give you the cookie recipe if you put me down"

JediHDM
"I didnt mean it, i swear, the cookies taste good, really they do..."
"Have another...Hows it taste"
*choking down cookie* "mmm, really...good, tasty..."
"Thats it, you dont mean it...I cahllenge you to a duel..."

burlyman
start your ovens

JediHDM
Neo: "Alright, the oracle said if i follow this recipe, i'll definitely win...although, she didn't say i WOULD win...AHHH!!, Why's my oven Smoking...?!?!?!"

Smith: "HEHE...That outta take him a while...Now, i fonly i could figure out that cookie recipe...Ah, i know, i'll just get one of my lemmings to get it, yes...hahahahaHahAhAHAHAHAHA!!!"

burlyman
"SPEAK"
"The program Smith has baked beyond your control. You cannot stop him, but i can - download the best recipe known to man and machine"
*gets plugged in*
"Hey Mikey, I think he likes it!"

JediHDM
Niobe: "Neo..."
Morpheus: "He bakes For us..."

SimplePriest
"I don't know what he can bake to save us. But I do know that as long as there is a singe breath in his body he will not stop cooking, and neither can we."

GABRIEL05
I'm dreadfully curious as to what happens to the real world Smith/Bane? He creeps me out. I wonder how Smith can operate as a human. Isn't there some sort of hardware software compatablility issue or something there?

JediHDM
no, it is the same as switching windows XP for Linux, totally different system, but can do the same basic things...

GABRIEL05
achso

ragesRemorse
well diddnt smith become apart of Neos power when NEO destroyed smith inside out. like after NEo died in the matrix to become the one in the first movie.

GABRIEL05
Smiths powers became apart of Neo, but not Smith himself.

Ob1
I'm sorry if you felt left out Omega, but you're from Denmark and you have the best beer in the world. In my opinion at least. smile

Anyhoo, I'd say that Smith has some sort of mind-control over Bane so if Neo can send Bane to a shrink for a dew sessions then things ought to be allright! stick out tongue

And by the way, I also enjoy redwine big grin

Dryden
well, you may hate me for saying it, but if the movie is a MWAM theory then Smith just downloaded himself onto bane like any other civilian to atke his body over....but it seems he didnt transform into the physical smith.

OR

perhaps he just "downloaded" or copied himself (the virus) onto Banes brain to take him over.

I also think that teh "beginning and the end" statement will have a lot of meanings that you guys have put out there. Like the begning and the end of the virus....the creator and destructor....etc.

I think Neo will eliminate Smith just by copying over him once he figures out how to do it...just like an antivirus program...either deletes or replaces the file etc.

Maybe Neo just hasnt updated his virus definition files yet to get the fix for W32Smith.exe

lol

JediHDM
no, smith would be a mac file...try to turn it off, its still there...

Korri
awww gawd u lot r so funny

burlyman
"If you tell me well bake it, I'll believe you"
"We'll bake it. We have to"

JediHDM
"...because, you see, i baked the cookies, i watched them turn a golden brown, with a certain satisfaction i might add, then something happened, something that was impossible, mr anderson, you beat me, your cookies were tastier, your brown even more golden. So here i am, mr anderson, because of you, i have come to take from you what you tried to take from me...purpose. After the cookie incident, i thought i had no purpose, but then i realized that, if i take your purpose from you, i will have purpose, but then i forgot, so, here we are, eating cookies under a tree...wait, thats not in the script...CUT!!!"

GABRIEL05
OK I'm gonna get in on some of this bakee bakee stuff.

Smith: you look surprised to see me again, Mr. Anderson, that's the difference between us. I've been expecting you.
Neo: What do you want, Smith?
Smith: Oh you haven't figured that out? Still using all the muscles except the one that matters. I want exactly what you want. I want Cookies.

burlyman
"it is baking that created us, it is baking that connects us, it is baking that pulls us, guides us, drives us. it is baking than defines, baking that binds us
we are here because of you mr anderson, we're here to take from you what you tried to take from us. COOKIES..."

Dryden
"Cookies can be made by anyone with the will, and can be made by any program as long as its been coded to do so. That is why we have chosen you...NEO...to make our cookies.

Most cookies made in the matrix lack the human element that keeps them from tasting so good. You mustn't resist us, for we hold the secret ingredient to your cookie. You must give up the wisdom you have stored in yourself, let it go. For we will make the most excellent cookie, that will dominate the human race forever.....and there's nothing you can do about it."

GABRIEL05
Cypher: I'm tired, Trinity. I tired of these cookies. I'm tired of baking. I'm tired of this baking sheet, being cold, eating the same goddamn macaroons everyday. But most of all, I'm tired of that jack-off and all his bullshit. Surprise, ass-hole! I bet you never saw this coming, didja? God, I wish I could be there, when they bake you. I wish I could walk in just when it happens. So right then, you'd know it was me

dave123
I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world with cookies, a world with golden goodness, being soft yet crunchy, a world where anything is possible. How long we bake them for, is a choice I leave to you.

GABRIEL05
In the beginning there was cookie, and for a time it was good.

Dryden
LOL

Lord of the Onion Rings

JediHDM
no, cookies...

EVERY COoKIE ThAt HAS A BEGINniNG HAS an END...

i just realized that that is sad...no more cookies...sad...Guess i better bake some more...

"The cookie-SMITH has grown beyond your mouth...you cannot eat him, but i can"
"And if you get full...?"
*picks up napkin, tucks into shirt, and picks up fork and knife* "I won't..."

dave123
"If we have to give our cookies, WE GIVE THEM HELL BEFORE WE DO!!"

"If we have to give our lives, WE GIVE THEM COOKIES BEFORE WE DO!!"

You choose which one to read

JediHDM
"i'm not so bad once you try my cookies..."

dave123
"Can the cookies be saved?"
"Tonight, the future of both plates lies in you hands, or in his"

(I gotta stop watching the trailers!)

JKozzy
mmmm... coookiesss stick out tongue

AliasNeo15
My theory is that when Neo jacks in with the machines help, he will be copied over by smith, then the machines will unplug him, and the smiths will die.

Dryden
so neo and smith both die? I dont think so.

dave123
question: why do the smiths die?

AliasNeo15
let me put it this way, neo is gunna die. I hate to admit it or even believe it, but he's gunna die at the hands of Smith. Atleast u should know he does it on purpose so everyone else will live. Oh, another thing. Trinity is gunna die too.

AliasNeo15
they are all connected together. They all have the same code. Once one is disconnected, they all are. That the antivirus "DECEPTION"

Dryden
umm, if you know for a fact you should let us know how...and you should warn people of spoiler material IF you can prove it.

AliasNeo15
let me put it this way. Someone told me 3 months ago that neo would be blind. He ends up blind. He told me he would unite with the machines to save themselves. He also told me that some point in the movie, Smith would take over the Oracle and everything would happen. Thats why i believe it.

Dryden
dude, are you IN the matrix? did the Architect tell you this would happen?

Im just messin with you....

We need some more info on how or why that would happen though instead of saying...someone told me it would happen...no offense.

AliasNeo15
dude, how did u know?

burlyman
all things that have been discussed on this forum

u cant go around saying you KNOW because a friend told you

dave123
look, if one smith dies, big deal
"would that include a bullet from this gun?"
"the best thing..."
u get the idea
if he were shot and that made the others die, he wouldnt reply like that, something closer to:
"please, dont kill us!"

burlyman
shooting him maybe
and neos got a tough job looking for the original smith!!

dave123
i suppose the one that walks out from the crowd in m3 must be special
i still dont think killing smith 01 does anything, (take the end of terminator 3, the virus has no main 'core') but i aint always right

Korri
yup

Dryden
well, we all know a worm virus has a beginning and an end...like a worm

smith 01 could be the "head" of the worm....

hrmmmm

GABRIEL05
Heres what I think Neo will somehow get smith to touch the source disseminating his code. However, Neo himself, whether by accident or purpose will touch the source too resetting the Matrix. Where it goes from there I leave up to you.

The Omega

Sifer
Why do the machines want him to touch the Source? Why do they want to reload? Why do they keep the humans alive? What is the question that drives them? And finally, what is their need?

The Omega

Sifer
I am trying to lead you on a path smile

What was the child created from? Who was it created from?

Think about this...it goes somewhere, believe me big grin

burlyman
....love big grin

they dont need the energy

The Omega

Sifer
Love? Hrmmm isn't that odd big grin

The child is important because it is the first of it's kind. It has an ability which is essential for the machines to achieve what they really want. What they really need.

It is one of the base foundations of something special which is gonna happen...

BTW: I don't know if this is what is going to happen, but believe me when I tell you: It will all make sense

The Omega

Sifer
What won't happen? smile

The Omega
Exactly! Won't. smile

Sifer
But I haven't told you big grin

JediHDM
alright, thats it, Sifer, just say it, you're driving us ALL mad with your mad rhetoric...just spill it...

Woodstock
One thoery I've heard is that when Neo is jacked in from the speak he is copied by smith and the the machines will pull the plug on neo
this shold start a chain reaction that will eliminate the smith program.

stinkfist462
my guess is that the neo risks his life for the human kind byentering the machine home (01) and destroying the matrix database... thats what i think the orangey gold lights tentacles are 4.... but the matrix will be destroyed same with zion 01 matrix and only the remaining humans will like survive and the skies will clear and then they will have to repopulate the earth...

Osiris
i dreamt this theory 2 months ago

1st of all...NEO will not kill SMITH...
SMITH will be killed by the program(THE MATRIX) itself..........whoaaaa
the question is how it will happen? (i dont know myself yet)

The Omega
Dreamt it, hm? Well at least that's a novel approach!

Osiris
smile yes, its a novel approach, but the dream wasnt in my control. hnn?

I have started a new thread "What after the REVOLUTIONS?" eek!
Dont forget to post your reply there.

tshirt
The problem with this theory is if the program/machine could kill Smith itself, there would be no reason for Neo to confront the Speak Machine with "You cannot stop him, but I can." And to have the big Superbrawl (Smith v. Neo in the rain).

My guess is that Neo and the original Smith fight. One kills the other. If it is Smith that dies my guess is that slowly during the fight he becomes more and more human. He gets cut and bleeds. (Like Neo in the fight with Mer's goons.) Smith is told/begins to realize that he is mortal. As they fight more and more of this happens. Perhps intertwined in this is a collapse of the Matrix so that the two of them start fighting in the real world. When they get into the real world, real physics take hold and they cannot fall from great heights, dodge bullets, etc. And then Neo kills Smith by stabbing or shooting or something like that.

My other guess is that the machines want the source code because the Matrix is crashing and this will result in a loss of millions of humans, which are their batteries.

BUT, some of the rogue programs are trying to stop them (Oracle, Mer., and others) because reloading the system will either wipe them out, or destroy what they have accomplished (birth of the child)...

lr33
Smith doesn't kill NEO, NEO kills himself. Smith said he only exists for 'purpose' - i.e. purpose ties him to NEO. If there is no NEO, Smith has no purpose.

Osiris
nice thinkings......Ir33

Jezrah
This is the same post I put on the thread about Neo merging with the Matrix, so if you read that, you needn't bother. It applies directly here, though.

It's a bit long, but bear with me.

First--people keep referring to Neo walking through an "orange glow" in the third film. Everyone is trying to explain it in terms of what it might literally be in the film. But I can't help but think that this is meant to represent Buddha's Golden Path. That fits with a lot of the philosophy we've been seeing in the films. There's no way of knowing exactly when in the film we'll see this, but it has the feeling of an apotheosis about it. The trailer shows it happening before we see the golden light enter Neo's chest, but it might actually be after. Something has happened and Neo has entered onto the path of true enlightenment.

Second--at the end of the trailer, very briefly we see a ship (maybe Niobe's, it isn't clear) descending from the sky, and it is a blue sky. You can see the moon in the background. Something very major happens at the end of the film. It's more than simply defeating the Matrix. From that clip, it looks like somehow the planet itself has been saved. That would take something tremendous to do. Which leads to number three.

Three--Neo becomes God, at least in some form. That's not really much a stretch given everything else we've seen in the films. In fact, it seems somewhat obvious. But, there are a number of potential ways that this can happen. The most basic, I suppose is that he simply transforms into it by the end, in much the same way he became the One at the end of the first film. That's a possibility. He moves to the next level where he realizes that the "real" world is simply another level of a matrix (which is one of the big gnostic ideas that's run through the whole story). We've already seen him start to manifest abilities in the real world at the end of the second film (actually, he begins to have these abilities much earlier, but nobody in the film realizes it--he is dreaming of what happens to Trinity, but he is in the real world when he has these dreams. These are not Matrix-born abilities. He is having prophetic dreams in the real world.) I'm guessing, though, that this isn't what happens because it would probably mean the destruction of the Matrix itself along with the billions plugged into it and the good as well as the bad programs. Given that, and the fact that the Animatrix lays much of the blame squarely on human shoulders (we are definitely the bad guys in the Second Renaissance) I can't figure the Wachowskis going that way. Besides, it doesn't fit the idea of man and machine being interdependent on each other that comes up in Reloaded.

The other major possibility is that Neo somehow merges with the Matrix. This is obviously not a new idea. People have been talking about it quite a bit, actually. It might be a merging of equals, in which the two join to form something greater, or Neo might consume (for lack of a better term) the mentality of the Matrix. People keep looking at the consciousness that Neo is talking to in Revolutions as being what he merges with.

But what about this? I kind of hope this is it, actually. What if the scene with the golden light entering Neo's chest is the end of the battle between Smith and Neo which the entire movie is obviously focused around? It would mirror the end of the first film perfectly where Neo dives inside of Smith. Smith fights it, but cannot contain Neo and he explodes. We've also seen touches of it in the second film with Smith pushing his hand into Neo's chest and trying to remake him as another Smith. In both of these, it was one side trying to eliminate the other. What if the end of the third film, and the end of the fight between Smith and Neo is Smith diving into Neo in a complete reversal of the end of the first film (remember that programs like Seraph and the Oracle look golden to Neo, and while agents didn't at the end of the first film, Smith is now much more than an agent and is an exile himself)? Then, following some of the Zen ideas that have been cropping up throughout the films, Neo doesn't fight Smith's presence like Smith did at the end of the first film. What if he accepts it, and incorporates it into himself as a dark side to himself. Smith hints in the second film that they are "the same." What it that's true? What could Neo become if he incorporates this "other side" of himself? (There is a line in the trailer when Neo is confronting the guy that Smith took over in the real world and Smith tells Neo to look beyond the flesh, and see--at which point I can't tell if he says 'your enemy' or 'your inner me.' If it's the latter, it would fit very well.) To reach true enlightenment, wouldn't Neo have to incorporate both the Yin and Yang?

But whatever form Neo's ascension to godhood takes, it seems like that absolutely has to happen in order for the skies to clear over the real world at the end. And if "reality" is simply another level of a matrix (albeit a more metaphysical one, and not simply one controlled by machines), then someone like Neo could have the abilities to remake the world and repair the damage humans did when they darkened the sky. What do you think?

Jezrah
Have to make a retraction. The golden thing going into Neo's chest definitely isn't Smith. If you look closely at the trailer, you see a sentinel crash through the window of their ship and then it cuts to the shot of something crashing into Neo. You can clearly see the tentacles of the sentinel if you look closely enough. That certainly supports the idea that the "real" world is simply another sort of matrix, though. And it doesn't negate the possibility that Neo and Smith do eventually combine somehow. It just isn't in that scene.

Osiris
simply... by killing not the KING smith, but all SMITHs
i have reasons smile

JediHDM
i justed watched Reloaded again (yes again) and i realized something...what if, when the Oracle said "the only way to the future is together" (i know its not precise but im writing fast here) she didnt mean human and machine, but rather Neo and SMith...it fits with Jezrahs thought, also, the new trailer shows SMith saying something about the others are watching cause only will beat Neo or something like that...s

Ob1
What? I've watched all the trailers and TV-spots posted at thematrix.com I have never heard that quote from Smith. Could you tell me witch trailer he says that? What's the filename of the trailer and where did you get it from?

rysdigital
the correct quote is: "That's why the rest of me is just going to enjoy the show, because we already know that I'm the one that beats you."

it's @ http://todaytonight.com.au///media/642789.html

neooneoen
if we learn anything from this trilogy it's simply that there are no real time rules. Anything that can apply to the real world can be changed due to the fact that everything is a computer program. It's kind of like where you wake up from a dream only to find that your still in a dream.
There's a lot of creative license available for a movie like this. A rule that applied yesterday can be bent or broken today since everything is one big computer program. If they wanted to they could reduce it all to a computer chip on someones neck on a hot new york sidewalk like the universe on Orion's belt (COLLAR) in Men In Black. Isn't it fun to speculate.????

Venom31096
WOW MAN, thats deep.

HomerCSM
Neo as you know is the remainder of the unbalanced equation that is the matrix. As the architecht said in reloaded he tried to balance it but then came a monumental collapse of the matrix. Agent Smith is the other denominator and when he infected neo their codes came together thereby equalizing the equation and collapsing the matrix. Thats how he defeats him when the combine they equalize and bam no more neo and no more smith. They said smith is the opposite neo in the movie.

Yay?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.