Quitting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
As most of you know I'm quitting smoking right now.

I'm 11 days without a light which I'm proud of, but this past day I've started having what I would call withdrawls, my body has been shaking and I've been having cravings really bad.

I've started to keep a toothpick in my mouth to get my mind off of smoking, but I realised yesterday that I had started removing the toothpick more often, but the way I hold it is just like I would with a cigarette. Thank god I have Nivvy to talk to about it, she seems to be able to take my mind off it.

Has anyone here ever succesfully quit smoking?

yerssot
er... you smoked? I didn't knew that messed

those symptoms will be there for a day or three

LanceWindu
I thought you knew I smoked.

Hmm...

I know other people know I did.

yerssot
well, I'm not good at remembering messed

LanceWindu
The next step in my quitting is to get rid of all my lighters.

All 30 of them...

yerssot
good, you should have done that earlier though wink

badkittykitty
congrats lance! I hope to be joining you soon my quit date oct 6,I am taking a quitting class with some friends sure hope I can do it!

LanceWindu
I'm still doing good with cold turkey.

As long as I have someone here to keep me busy, I usually don't think about it at all.

It's not like I could have a smoke anyways. No money.

yerssot
hey lance, wanna go out for a drink? wink

LanceWindu
Not really, I don't want to drink much either, some people may think I'm a party pooper, but I want to be healthier later in life...

Unless you're talking about sodas or something.

yerssot
party pooper roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tonguewink

Another_Smithy
Whoo hooo! Go Lance! You can do it!

LanceWindu
*waterboy*

I can do it all night long

yerssot
drinking?

LanceWindu
Uhh..quitting

silver_tears
im sure wink

yerssot
but that's not fun sad

ChinaNiki
my sister just stopped in February, but she had been trying to quit for years

good luck, man

you're lungs and taste buds will thank you one day

mechmoggy
I quit when I was 18/19.

It was okay until I had a beer, then it was almost impossible. A serious bout of illness helped me kick the habit though.

Celsius
You may find this shocking, but I started smoking when I was 8. I smoked 5 or so a day, that doesnt sound like much, but for a 8 year old thats a lot. Then one day i smoked too much and threw up, (when I was about 11 or so) and have never looked at a cigarette ever since. I'm not lying, compleete and utter truth. I hhate myself for ever doing it. Now I think back and say to myself, 8 years old, my god! thats like a friggin toddler sad. Thank god I stopped.
Now that youre all shocked..........GO LANCE, You can totally do it, man. Its all about will power. Dont let those ASBESTOS, CANCER CAUSING, FILTHY TUBES beat you down! Youre stronget than that. Think about it, man! TAR in your lungs, COUGHING fitts every morning for the rest of your life! Liver cancer, lung cancer,, tongue cancer, throat cancer!!
Dont let it consume you. You have it in you, just keep going. WILL POWER!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

clispin
i hav never smoked ebfore in my life but some people in my family have. I think its disgusting and im proud of you for quitting. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

think about it this way, your saving ur lungs and ur love life (the smell of smoke is sooo not a turn on)

yerssot
nice sig clispin smile

LanceWindu
Still smoke free.

cermiestar
good for you lance! *pats lance on the back*

yerssot
what? was he coughing? wink

LanceWindu
laughing out loud

I am not even feeling the shakes or nicotine headaches, so I'm feeling good.

yerssot
you have those nicotine gum and things?

Nivvy
Good Loverli big grin

Hymm, i'll have to brew something else up to talk about. To keep ya mind occupied. wink

LanceWindu
I can think of a thing or two.

cermiestar
*leaves quickly*

yerssot
going off to sleep?

LanceWindu
Nope, I'm going cold turkey, I don't want more nicotine to replace the nicotine I already had in my system.

yerssot
you have cold turkey??

julibug
i keep thinking about those "truth" commercials. the anti-smoking ones, ya know?

LanceWindu
I hate those things...

yerssot
refering to the one where a thousand people on the street fall down and one holds a banner up?

LanceWindu
Yup

yerssot
I liked that one sad

cermiestar
they make me cry!

yerssot
perhaps that's why I like it shifty

julibug
i like the one where the guy is dressed up like a giant rat coming up out of the sewer.

Vinny Valentine
laughing

Ever Do It?

Dusty
http://gallery.brawl-hall.com/data/media66542/5/old.jpg

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
laughing

Ever Do It?

I ended up 6 months without a smoke. laughing out loud

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by LanceWindu
I ended up 6 months without a smoke. laughing out loud

laughing Nice.

Nevermind
Originally posted by Dusty
http://gallery.brawl-hall.com/data/media66542/5/old.jpg

laughing

JaehSkywalker
umm...

Penelope

I'm 11 days without a light which I'm proud of, but this past day I've started having what I would call withdrawls, my body has been shaking and I've been having cravings really bad.

I've started to keep a toothpick in my mouth to get my mind off of smoking, but I realised yesterday that I had started removing the toothpick more often, but the way I hold it is just like I would with a cigarette. Thank god I have Nivvy to talk to about it, she seems to be able to take my mind off it.

I applaud you. Ciggs are disgusting. I noticed that people who smoke ciggs usually smell bad, becuase the smoke gets all in there clothes and not to mention the bad breath they have...eww. I could never kiss a guy who smokes ciggs. sick

$noopbert
Originally posted by Penelope
I applaud you. Ciggs are disgusting. I noticed that people who smoke ciggs usually smell bad, becuase the smoke gets all in there clothes and not to mention the bad breath they have...eww. I could never kiss a guy who smokes ciggs. sick Ewww dey have c00ties.

Lord Paradise
My mom smokes... Not in the house, but when we're outside I have to stay upwind of her all the time, and that's annoying.

SugarBaby
I hope you're still off the ciggs LanceWindu smile

And even if you haven't, at least you know that it is possible. If you can go 6 months without one, obviously you can quit smoking permanently.

I'm not big on smoking, I don't like the smell or what it does to your body. But I don't discriminate against people who do smoke. It's there choice and no one else's. And I know there are anti smokers out there who say "Well we don't want to breathe that!"

So, move to the non smoking section. Walk away from them. Nowadays people can't really smoke anywhere. If you don't like it leave! I can't tell you how many times I've had to listen to these 800 pound people yell at my friends cause they smoke when they themselves are sitting there clogging their arteries!

The truth is, EVERYTHING can kill you one way or the other. You can't spend your life worried about it. :P

SelphieT
eh, I don't mind them. I'll have a cigg every once in a while. Menthols are great, and I really like blacks or cloves.

Punkyhermy

Wow...I'm SO happy for you Mr. Windu.
*hugs*
smile

Good luck.

Mr. Bacon
did anyone notice this thread was made in 2003?

Punkyhermy
eek

wow. I had no idea. embarrasment

smoker4
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
did anyone notice this thread was made in 2003?

Thats a long time to be quitting, hopefully cigarettes and toothpicks are in the past smokin'

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
eek

wow. I had no idea. embarrasment

stick out tongue

I quit for 6 months, and after my ex broke up with me, the stress caused me to start again.

But now I'm 3 months smoke free again.

Xavius
I've been without cigarette smoke since Monday now.

Bardock42
I ended up 6 months without a smoke. laughing out loud "It is hard to quit smoking. Every one of them looks pretty good to me right now. Every cigarette looks like it was made by God, rolled by Jesus and moistened shut with Claudia Schiffer's pussy right now."

Bill Hicks

smoker4
laughing out loud

Tptmanno1
I found a shirt with Bill Hicks on it
Its brilliant...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
I found a shirt with Bill Hicks on it
Its brilliant...

Nice, where did you find it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.