An interesting thought

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

icon
I don't think Neo can die. Or at least in the matrix.

In the chateau fight scene in M2, he stops the sword with his hand, and everyone pauses and watches him. Then when they see the blood, Merovingian says "You see. He's just a man."

Actually, I think more along the lines of this, Neo will be changed from human. Like how is mind is still inside the Matrix, yet his body is not. I think he is like an exiled program, but cannot return to the source. Let me explain.

Let's go on the theory that the Code that makes Neo the one was inserted into him as a baby, or something of the like. But the code is actually a sort of program. And its programming makes him want to return to the source. But since he declined his chance to finish what he was "Programmed" to do, he became an Exile.

Now, if that is the case, the system won't let him die. He has to make the choice to return to the source to reboot the system, right? If he doesn't they're screwed. So back to the point, I think Mero knows this can happen to him, and that is why he doesnt just have Neo killed while he is in the loop. Neo can't even defend himself there, so why would Mero keep his greatest adversary alive. Just a thought. Pick it apart you people, if you would.

SimplePriest
icon> I like where you're going with this. That sounds pretty interesting... and cool actually! happy

I've talked over this same subject with my friends before. Would Neo return to the source if he died? Because like you said, if he didn't then the Matrix would not want to let him die.

Next, I imagine two things. 1) If Neo dies he does not return to the source, in which case the matrix is in a world of hurt, and therefore the matrix will not let him die.

and 10) shifty it is somehow important for Neo to "Choose" the door himself when he visits the source. It has to be of his own "free will."

However, something is different about this Neo. He isn't following the path he was supposed to take. Which is kinda like you said... a rouge program. Hmmm. Well this is all interesting to say the least. I'ma give it some more thought.... if you come up with anything else along this line please post again

icon
wink Glad someone enjoyed it too. Think about this fact too:

Archie and Neo are having a friendly little chat. He refers to him as "still" human. Why does he form his sentence that way? Saying he is "still" human means that perhaps the program could take over eventually, or should have. Something along that line. But what you said is exactly right, this version of the one, aka Neo, is different.

A few programs have noticed he is different. Archie is suprised that he figures out what he is talking about "quicker than the others." Then there is the Chateau brawl where Mero is suprised when Neo first stops the bullet bombardment(sp?) and then works over a few of his minions.

Makes you wonder how/why Neo is different from the Previous Ones.

LiQuiD
meaning.. even tho he could do all those things he is still (only) a human, nothing more?

joeboy
I think if he enters the source he can die, but not until then.
The reason i say that is moorpheus has told of the one that freed the people of zion. The one who had the power to manipulate the matrix. That was the precious versions. There is no dought this version is different. I think that smiths ability to copy himself has something to do with Neo. Neo somehow re-wrote smith. So what part of neo has the ability to copy? That has to be a clue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.