Transformers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HooT
The head A.I machine resembles a character called Unicron, in appearence and voice.

"I will become One with The Matrix" - Famous words of Optimus Prime at his deathbed

Me and my brother had been talking about the Unicron fact. I forgot all about the matrix.

Sifer
Errm I am sure I have mentioned this about 50 times at least. But the problem being, when I say it, no-one takes me seriously.

FACT: Transformers = BIGGEST Cartoon show in the world during the 80s.

burlyman
no about 243 times

Sifer
LOL

HooT
i hear you

GABRIEL05
OH YEAH that little matrix he has in his chest!

Sifer
Not just the little Matrix - that is just the Matrix of leadership. The Matrix within Transformers is where all the robots programming goes when their shell is destroyed smile A Whopping Minaframe smile

Transformers movie: Megatron meets Unicron for the first time - he is blinded by the intense light coming from Unicron.

HooT
Speak!

-=Urot=-
http://members.aol.com/apevine/emotes/thumb.gifI take you seriously.

This is the section where Megatron Meets Unicron.
------------------------------------------------
UNICRON: Megatron. Megatron. Welcome, Megatron.

MEGATRON: Who... Who said that?

UNICRON: I am Unicron.

MEGATRON: Show yourself.

UNICRON: I have summoned you here for a purpose.

MEGATRON: Nobody summons Megatron.

UNICRON: Then it pleases me to be the first.

MEGATRON: State your business.

UNICRON: This is my command. You are to destroy the Autobot
Matrix of Leadership. It is the one thing, the only thing, that
can stand in my way.

MEGATRON: You have nothing to fear. I have already crushed
Optimus Prime with my bare hands.

UNICRON: You exaggerate.

MEGATRON: The point is he's dead, and the Matrix died with him.

UNICRON: No. The point is you are a fool! The Matrix has been
passed to their new leader, Ultra Magnus. Destroy it for me.

MEGATRON: Why should I? What's in it for me?

UNICRON: Your bargaining posture is highly dubious. But, very
well, I will provide you with a new body, and new troops to
command.

MEGATRON: And?

UNICRON: And nothing! You belong to me now.

MEGATRON: I belong to nobody!

UNICRON: Perhaps I misjudged you. (Emits a red light which
begins to pull Megatron into Unicron.) Proceed on your way to
oblivion.

MEGATRON (Painstakingly): NO! No! No! I accept your terms! I
accept! Aaaargh!

UNICRON: Excellent. >:}
-----------------------------------------------

Red Texas
I dislike anime....just a thought

Sifer
You disliking Anime isn't a though, its a preference. I can't see how you like the Matrix if you don't like Anime, because that is what it is: A Live Action Anime. But seeing as your post had no relelvance to anything....

JediHDM
well, thats your prerogative, but the WB loves anime, so your gonna have to accept it...

Red Texas
No, I wouldn't call it anime, because it lacks the whole ANIME part...

I dislike it mainly because of the redundant and played out drawing styles, not the storyline....

Sifer
Many Manga movies use different styles of animation. But who cares, its the story that matters - and that is the Japanese point of view as well - a pretty good one smile

Red Texas
Oh I love the storlines of most anime cartoons, it's just that style that annoys me.

And that Animatrix movie should proove kickass, even though it's anime...

Sifer
Oh believe me, the animation styles in the Animatrix are.....lets put it this way, varied and VERY pleasing to the eye.

Sifer
It isn't One movie you know - It is 9 seperate ones, each about 9-10 mins long. Amazing stuff.

JediHDM
yeah, i agree, very nice, although i think i like the old style anime better than the new...You know, DBZ, transformers, the like...

Red Texas
DBZ sick

I've seen a few - I like trinity's low riding pants eek!

Sifer
The Original Transformers and specifically The Movie, the animation was amazing. Not to mention the voice acting and the story. Who has got a better voice than Optimus Prime or Soundwave? Even the new transformers have the shittiest voices I have ever heard.

Oh and did any of you know that the guy who did the Unicron Voice in the Movie was, Orson Welles big grin

JediHDM
HAHA...thats great...so fitting, i think...

-=Urot=-
Yes I knew that was Orson Welles. I think Orson Welles and Leonard Nimoy(voice of Galvatron) were the best.

As for the voice work on the new shows I agree 100%!

Im not a big fan of the new Transformers. Imo its a cheap rip-off of the original series/movie. Its really sad that they can recycle the same old characters as if they are new.

{Well I guess they are new to some of the people under the age of 25.}

I get so tired of half-a$$ remakes. Cant they come up with something original?

Sifer
Or even bring back the Original smile

-=Urot=-
I would love to see the original show back on the air waves.

It would be great if they also showed some of the jap eps too. wink

Sifer
I have Season 1 Box set (US version, not the shitty Region 2 release) and am buying Season 2 part 1 and part 2 box sets within the next few weeks - hopefully :P

-=Urot=-
I need to grab thoses too.

Man they bring back good memories. smile

Red Texas
You know what I love? watching anime in spanish, the foices are so funky, and changed, it becomes amusing...

-=Urot=-
Yeah that is funny. ^_^

JediHDM
hey, can one obtain these episodes and movies still? do they still sir them, like on Cartoon Network, or am i out of luck?

Sifer
Of course they sell em man. DVD versions - w00t - and all remastered and in 5.1. Amazon.com or whatever you online DVD purchasing preference is smile

HooT
The Movie is what you want

icansee

burlyman
this is transformers / matrix thread

-=Urot=-
Yea Transformers the Moive is a must see. Event though it was made in 1986 it is still good.

And yes all of them are on DVDs.

I'm just too cheap to buy them.

*** I really need to break myself out of that bad habit. ***

EDIT: Try suncoast dude.

http://www.suncoast.com/portal/sc_home

Also checkout the cast list for the Movie.

http://www.tfdatabase.com/movie/cast.html

JediHDM
w00t!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.