Jade Ann Davis 7lb 4oz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ratcat
OK, proud parent alert!!!

15th June 2001, 23:15 BST

Jade Ann Davis entered the world.

Both mummy and baby are doing well and I'm going to get some sleep.

http://website.lineone.net/~ratcat/jade_ann_sml.jpg

Ushgarak
Yowsa! Congrats, buddy!

ratcat
Thanks dude, I'm a happy chappy, that's for sure.

Need sleep badly now... big grin

Edna_witch
Oh isn't she just adorable? You must be so over the moon! Congrats! She's gonna be a heartbreaker, I can foresee it!

DarkFollowerOfTheSith
Um whats wrong w/ ur wife's hand?

Dim
Awww...she's so tiny..

keokiswahine
Babies are always so perfect and adorable. Jade Ann is perfect and adorable. She's a sweetheart. smile rolling on floor laughing

finti
congrats on the Daughter RC, now you have to set up rules for her dating game big grin Nice name, we agreed on Live`s name 2 weeks after she was born guess some make up their minds a lot daster than us.

ratcat
Well we knew she was girl months ago and Mandy had final say on her name.

We made a deal about 7 years ago, over the toss of a coin of all things. I won the toss and which meant that I would name our first child and she would name our second.

Thanks for the messages of support guys, I'll pass them all on to Mandy and Jade when I get to the hospital. smile

keokiswahine
Mark, it looks like that's where they put an IV needle in, and tried on the other spots. The last time I was in the hospital in February, they made my hand a pin cushion, as my blood vessels kept collapsing, closing, or rolling over, forcing the needle out. By the time I left, 36 hours later, my hand and forearm looked like a junky. The red spots are where they taped the needle, then pulled the tape off. My hand and arm looked raw for almost a week after I got home.

razman
Congratulations RC (and Mandy OC)!! big grin

ratcat
Thanks all. Mummy and Baby are now at home. Probably be a tad busy with them over the coming days. smile

mechmoggy
Nice one RC, you da man.

Kinda makes my drinking weekend thread seem shallow and self absorbed. Damn I outta grow up. Boo hoo.

keokiswahine
Happy Father's Day to our newest daddy, RC; take care of your precious family. smile

Gundark
SUPER CONGRATULATIONS, RC !!!!!!!! cool

What a beautiful little girl ! Ben is just gonna love having a baby sister ! Love and hugs to all !!!!!!! cool cool

ratcat
Thanks Hon.

queeq
WOW!!!!!! A baby girl.... great work RC, Well done. A girl... I am so jealous. wink

keokiswahine
well, queeq, get to work. Mother's Day comes 9 months after Father's Day. evil face

Gundark
Good idea, keo. queeq needs a trio. laughing out loud

queeq
Is that an invitation?

keokiswahine
yes, we want you and Helga to have a Queeqette. big grin

queeq
Ah, well, I can only deliver raw materials. I do not have any control over construction.

Dim
Queeqette?..just don't name her that! Ick!

Gundark
How about queeqala ?

ratcat
Maybe the raw materials are defective, or delivery isn't being accepted. big grin

Anyway, two is quite enough. IMHO-OC

Gundark
An heir and a spare.

phinney6
Congrats RC

keokiswahine
Queeqette as in a daughter. big grin Don't name her that. Your boys need a sister. smile

Gundark
My goddaughter is named Jade too.

ratcat
Well, I was pleased cos it still has a Star wars connection.

phinney6
name it Phinea, or Phinsy

keokiswahine
I don't think so. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gundark
Jade and Ben. Cool. cool

Gundark
What did you name your boys ?

queeq
Liam and Tenko. Who can spot the SW connection on these? The first one's easy of course.

ratcat
All I can think of with Tenko is loads of little japs in a Japanese female prisoner of war camp. laughing out loud

Gundark
roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
You joke about Japs and you call your daughter Jade.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

ratcat
NO, I joke about Japs and MY WIFE calls our daughter Jade. There's a difference. big grin

keokiswahine
eek! RC, that's not cool. Your prejudice is showing. mad roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue confused

ratcat
Me? Prejudice? I don't think so... sad

Ushgarak
I guess the Yanks haven't seen much Tenko, eh?

queeq
So what do you call your daughter then? Leia?

Gundark
How about Winter ? Well, wait a minute. I have a girlfriend who named her BOY Winter. Guess its an interchangeable name.

queeq
Or Fall? Or Autumn?

Gundark
Summer. Thats a good one.

queeq
We're running out of seasons here. laughing out loud

ratcat
I think you covered them all.... laughing out loud

queeq
Queeqala.... hmmmm, nice. I'll ask my wife if she agrees. I came up with the names of the boys, so I guess that's my territory. evil face

queeq
Really. Isn't there some strange oriental culture that has more?

ratcat
I have no idea....

queeq
Can't you buy one then?

ratcat
Give me your credit card then...

Gundark
So how is Jade doing, RC ?

ratcat
Eat, sleep, poop.... The Normal. big grin

Actually, she's doing realy well, she already lost 1lb!!!

queeq
That's normal. How's mommy doing?

Gundark
Never too soon to diet. laughing out loud

ratcat
I know it's notmal... Mommy is doing great, she just can't wait to get back to her fitness classes, even though she hasn't put on any weight with Jade, just a bit of a pot belly which takes a good few weeks to contract back down.

Gundark
Hard to imagine when you've never had any.

ratcat
OK, here's and example;
Take a carrot and a water melon.
First put the carrot in your mouth.
That bits easy. Remove the carrot.
Now try and put the water melon in your mouth... (No slicing!!!)
Now try to imagine doing that about 25 inches south of your mouth.... eek! eek! eek!

keokiswahine
Can I ask, is she bottle feeding or nursing? If she's nursing, hope she doesn't push on losing weight too soon. She and baby need all the nourishment available. big grin

queeq
My thinking exactly. When she's breastfeeding, it's better to wait a little bit with lossing weight and doing lots of exercise.

ratcat
OK;

1. Losing weight does not equal starvation.
2. Exercise is VERY important to ensure a healthy return.
3. It's more important to eat a healthy diet, this ensures that both mother AND baby recieve the nourishment they need.

Anyway, I never said anything about Mandy losing weight, in fact I said she didn't put on any weight.

And as for exercise, there are a wide veriety of exercises designed to help the body re-adjust back to it's previous shape. By this I mean the womb area which has been stretched enormously during pregnancy.

In the UK new mothers are given sheets of appropriate exercises to aid this process as it has been found that women who fail to do this end up with jutting out tummies where the muscles never recover.

This can also cause problems in later births and the muscles can't contract properly to aid the pushing process, this has been found predominatly in women on their third pregnancy.

Gundark
Well something that takes nine months to stretch out isn't gonna go back in two weeks that's for sure. cool

keokiswahine
*wildly speculates*

RC, does that mean another son/daughter is in the offing in about 1-2 years? big grin

Gundark
I think he's done now. rolling on floor laughing

ratcat
NO, it just means that my wife liked being in good shape and wants to stay that way. Can't say I'm gonna disagree now, can I? wink big grin

keokiswahine
We just don't want her to feel under any pressure, even from a glance from you, that she should be sacrificing her health to stay thin. Just keeping up with an infant and a toddler is plenty of exercise and go-power. big grin

ratcat
And if any of you are dumb enough to believe I would be dumb enough to do that then that's dumb.....

keokiswahine
then hopefully you're the cuddly bear type.... big grin wink

ratcat
I'm just the type that want the best for mummy and child. big grin

keokiswahine
RC, you're not a cuddly bear? big grin wink

ratcat
Dunno, never taken an opinion poll on the subject. big grin

queeq
How much hair do you have?

*takes out Beardi application form*

ratcat
Definately NO BEARD!

keokiswahine
Queeq, remember, RC shaved himself, or somebody shaved him, or duct taped him, or something. Anyway, he is sans hair right now, so what does that make him? confused confused eek!

ratcat
Dontcha just hate a woman with a good memory.....

queeq
That makes him officially evil then.

keokiswahine
an evil chihuahua?? an evil Taco Bell spokesdog? confused eek! evil face laughing out loud

ratcat
Whatr kind of insane convolution are you two babbling about?

keokiswahine
RC !!! eek! You're hairless now, like a baldi confused evil face roll eyes (sarcastic)

ratcat
Whatever you say Keo, I really could care right now.

Ushgarak
Ok, there is something I am missing now, right?

ratcat
Nah, you didn't miss anything.

Hey, it's me!

Have to have a good sulk once in a while else you'd all think I was sick...

PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING: This ones a real stinker and could last months. You have been warned..... mad

keokiswahine
RC, did you fart? What did you eat today, especially if it's going to be a long time stinker !!! confused eek! roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue smokin'

ratcat
Keo, go take a pill will ya.

queeq
All women have good memory. Unfortunately.

So what DOES it make RC? One of those naked mexican dogs?

Dim
RC's a BALDI??? eek! eek!

keokiswahine
Sweetie, I am chilling out. You said it was going to be a long stinker, but you didn't say what it was from. confused confused roll eyes (sarcastic)

ratcat
Hey, I gave a warning.....

keokiswahine
RC, I have no idea what's upsetting you. If I've offended you, I do apologize. It was not my intent. confused confused confused

queeq
That was quick. must be some kind of record. *hands RC a drink to celebrate*

Gundark
A short sulk. A long sulk. Kind of like laundry. You can have a short soak or a long soak. Depends how dirty the clothes are. Now if I'm washing Tommy's denim aprons from the machine shop, I actually soak them in a five gallon bucket with some detergent for a while and stir them around with a broom handle (no offense, Edna) before I actually put them in the washing machine. And that's today's household tip from Gundy.

Dim
And what kind of detergent do you use????

keokiswahine
acid, the kind that eats holes where the dirt use to be. eek! voila wink no more dirt, grease, and grime. stick out tongue of course, just holes, but then, they're clean. roll eyes (sarcastic) evil face laughing out loud

ratcat
Anything that will kill irritateing paracitical infestations...

Gundark
I use ALL Free&Clear. Like, no perfumes or anything irritating in it. And what do you use, Dimmy dahling ?

queeq
Oh, and what softener do you use? Do you mix reds with whites? Where is your clothesline? Or do you use a dryer? How long do you dry denims? And underwear? And bla bla bla....

ratcat
Well thanks for turning the announcement of the birth of my daughter into a discussion on laundry habits.

As Jar Jar would say; How Rude! laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic) sad

ratcat
Not you sweetie, I'm was just a general sulk zone... sad

Sorry, didn't mean to give the impression I was upset with you.

Anyway, the sun came up this morning and reminded me that every situation is an opportunity to achieve something, no matter how it looks. big grin

Sulk over. big grin big grin big grin

queeq
You're welcome. laughing out loud

Gundark
It wasn't my fault. I was just trying to make RC laugh after his sulk.

I am so unappreciated.....(sigh). http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/ups/archinto/smile2.gif

queeq
I appreciate you. smile

The end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.