Metacortex

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediHDM
Well, we are closing to within three days of the end of the countdown, and the popups keep getting wierder...

the first one i saw was "WIRE IN"
next was "Turn it up"
now it says "evolve"

seems to have a matrix-y flair to it, but anyone have any ideas what its for?

burlyman
what are you talking about?

Red Texas
ditto, WTF

Sifer
Evolution, Morpheus. That's what it's all about, Evolution. Like the Dinosaur smile

Red Texas
LOL, lets not have another evolution debate smile

icon
There is a site. On this site, there is a picture of a building where no Link can go and no Information can be found. This site is filled with Information notes. These notes say many things, but none of them are true.

wink

JediHDM
ok, if you go to www.metacortechs.com , you can see a site that will be revealed in less than three days, and it is related to the matrix, but how, why are the questions...some ppl say it is for the matrix online, but that doesn't come out for months, so i doubt that...either way, we SHOULD find out in three days, but its weird...

icon
Hmm. What state is this company supposed to be in? I can find out some info on this "Dave Regenhardt" fellow if we can find that

Sifer
Do you not Recognise the name at all?

It's Neo's Boss in the first film smile

joelman
Take a look at the source for that page:

<center>***MetaCortex Employees***</B> Please contact
<MCEmp name="Regenhardt, David" id="0280339" office="Redland" tel="206.202.2335">Dave Regenhardt</MCEmp> in I.T. (ext. 2335)
for instructions on upgrading your system
and receiving your new login information.</FONT></center>

Looks like it's in Washington. Anyone want to call that number?

icansee
Sorry, I have I missed something while I was time travelling?

clavis9495
ehm owkee what's this site about?

The Omega
Hmm, there's a count down on the page.
2 months 7 days and hours and minutes. Thats some time in December.
And it writes Evolve on the Metagamex pop-up. Maybe it's got something to do with The Matrix On-line?

rysdigital
uh, says 0 years 0 months 2 days 7 hours 31 minutes x seconds here.

Crash_Overload
Look at that building, it isn't a pic, its a graphic, and NO from ETM, I say it is a Matrix ONLINE site, like when you get onlone with the game, that is where the server passes ??? maybe, or it could finally be the answers to all the ETM questions about the construct and all.

Crash_Overload
And it is in 2 days, seconds, minutes, hours, days.

audioheem
Cortechs or Cortex(meta) IS the 'respectable software company' Thomas Anderson worked for, and that is indeed his boss' name.

audioheem
Also, why is the site metacortechs but the flash says Cortex?

audioheem
lol, sorry to keep posting but i cant be bothered to edit coz it looks like im thinking of lots of things at once when im not.. but heres a few useless details about the metacortechs site...

Name: metacortechs.com
IP Address: 66.135.36.45
Network: SERVER-ALLOC-1

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc
15111 N Hayden Rd., Suite 160
PMB353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

NOTE THAT DOMAINS BY PROXY IS A COMPANY THAT ENSURES THAT U CANNOT TRACE WHERE SOMEONE IS UPLOADING FROM AND ALL THAT JAZZ.. IT PROTECTS THEIR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WHY WOULD A REGULAR SOFTWARE COMPANY NEED THAT SORT OF SECURITY ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE DONE BY SOMEONE ELSE?

AND!!

upon editing the source.. this was the site description...

"MetaCortex is the world's largest software development company, with regional headquarters in 22 countries."

also.. the keywords are "metacortex, metacortechs, computer, software, metadex, meta, cortex, steven walsh, steven, walsh, metavr, metabusiness suite, metamailex, metasheet, metaview, metabase, metapage, metamessaging, metapix, metapoint, metamovie, metafirewall, metascan"

who is steven walsh?

and this...

MCEmp name="Regenhardt, David" id="0280339" office="Redland" tel="206.202.2335">Dave Regenhardt</MCEmp> in I.T. (ext. 2335)
for instructions on upgrading your system
and receiving your new login information.

Crash_Overload
I half want to make a long distance international call to washington (that is where the phone number comes from right?) From the other side of the Continant in Canada...

JediHDM
steven walsh is the supposed CEO of Metacortex...I called the number, to see if it actually worked, and i got an answering machine that sounded legit, but...the zip doesn't exist, the city doesn't exist (in washington) and the countdown ends at midnight Oct 1 eastern standard time...oh, and the pic, i am almost sure it is the CG representation of the METACORTEX building in M1, but turned counterclockwise about 90 degrees...the phone number is washington area code, but...THis is so weird, cause we know its fake, we just dont know why it is here...and the popup will change again, if the amount it has changed in a week is any indication...

Audioheem, you're a genius, i cant believe that you found that...so, anybody know whats in San Antonio? Wheres the postproduction happening? WHere do the bros live?

Vim
you know the Wachowski bros probably put that there to get fans like us all riled up! lol ...

Crash_Overload
What does the phone say?

Crash_Overload
And why Eastern standar time???? 1 thing for sure, I will be wired to my comp.

Vim
i just emailed them. its [email protected]... i asked where it was located? never know someone might email me back !! lol

Crash_Overload
I still want to know what the phone said

Crash_Overload
I asked a bit more info, History, Functions etc etc... Within Seconds of sending I got this back:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in MetaCortex. With the aid of our exclusive
MetaMailex technology, your message has been forwarded to the appropriate
department or individual.

If a response is required or necessary, you should receive it soon.

Thank you,

MetaCortex
Serving you into the 21st century
www.metacortechs.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds Legit, but i don't know, there somehting about it......

Crash_Overload
maybe they used the ACTUAL existing company for the movie and used then names and all.

Vim
i doubt it, you see my cousin's a computer freak, plus he works on them, he would've mentioned them at some point, especially since they're "one of the largerst software companies in the world!"

Vim
Return-Path: <[email protected]>

Received: from 66.135.35.41 (EHLO atlas.underscorehosting.com) (66.135.35.41) by mta238.mail.scd.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:12:08 -0700

Received: from metacortechs.com (localhost.localdomain ) by atlas.underscorehosting.com (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id h8SHBjb29577 for <[email protected]>; Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:11:45 -0500

Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:11:45 -0500

Message-Id: <[email protected]>

does all this help in figuring out where metacortechs(cortex) is or who is email me back? ANYTHING????!!!!

Vim
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! on that atlas.underscorehosting.com website there's a METAPAGE WEBSITE BUILDER!! The Metacortex has You!

JediHDM
i dunno, i cant remember, i think it was just the guys name and leave a message...

Crash_Overload
I am still waiting for the e-mail.... after wich I will ask more "in-deph" questions relating to the Matrix. I just hope some "The Matrix is Real" guy doesn't pop around here, because, well, no shaking from a fake company that exists, if you know what I mean.

JediHDM
HAHA...there will ALWAYS be a "the matrix is real" person around here...

tshirt
This was the topic of another thread. I believe it is a fake site. The zip code does not exist. The city does not exist. The company does not exist.

From what I posted earlier:

Clearly a fake site.
After reading about the game, my guess is that it is similar to the websites that existed in Grand Theft Auto and other games. The sites are more decorative than anything else, and work to build the atmosphere of the game.

Not that important. Grand Theft Auto and other games have created fake websites. In GTA there are various advertisers on the "radio" and companies in the game. The game producers created real websites for the fake companies:

h t t p://www.pogothemonkey.c..
h t t p://www.petsovernight.c..
lovemedia.tv

My guess is they are something similar. The websites states that you don't have to leave the game enviroment. The sites might work like the animatrix. They may provide you with some information, but are not required to experience the game.

My question is how many other fake sites are out there?

JediHDM
but the other sites came out right before the game, right? Whats the point of making a site months, close to a YEAR before the game comes out, if only US are gonna see it? Theres something behind it, but we only have to wait two days to find out...rather than over a month for movie... sad

Crash_Overload
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Pets Overnight!!!

icon
This is a test.

obhaive
Intersetinh thread from another forum...read it to the end for some interesting opinions.....

www . inreview . com / archive / topic / 5221 . html

JediHDM
alright, we are within eleven hours of the unveiling of the www.metacortechs.com site, and the site has AGAIN changed...go check it out, and in exactly eleven hours, it will be up...that is all...

tshirt
Okay, all it says is "Stand by"

Another thing I just thought of, it could be a fake site set up by a fan of the movies. Now he/she is just sitting back laughing at everyone who thinks there is something behind it.

burlyman
look logo different

JediHDM
its different from there, but that shots not in the movie... On the side of the building, it is the same as the Site header...

burlyman
confused what shot isnt in the movie?!

JediHDM
the pic you have, that view is not in the movie...the shot is there, but the view is different, in the movie...

burlyman
this 1

JediHDM
yes, that view is in the movie, but the above pic is not in the movie, i just watched it, its not there...

Crash_Overload
Where do you see that on the site? All I get is a stand by. Not even a countdown anymore.

dave123
Same here, not even a pop-up

obhaive
These metacortechs/cortex guys have got some really good free publicity going with this discussion...

dave123
i dont think its a profit making company, just some kind of advert or joke

audioheem
why thank you, im still seeing just a new logo and standby.. i hope something comes up coz im with no net for a week from 2moow and dont wanna miss anything!

audioheem
more...

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: METACORTECHS.COM
Created on: 11-Jun-03
Expires on: 11-Jun-04
Last Updated on: 18-Sep-03

Secure the registration to this domain or any
other the instant it becomes available.
DomainAlert(TM) Pro services protect, inform and
keep you in the action, 24/7.
Visit http://www.godaddy.com for details.

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration [email protected]
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
PMB353
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax --
Technical Contact:
Private, Registration [email protected]
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
PMB353
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.GEODNS.NET
NS2.GEODNS.NET

The previous information has been obtained either directly from the
registrant or a registrar of the domain name other than Network Solutions.
Network Solutions, therefore, does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.

OrgName: ServerBeach
OrgID: SERVER-17
Address: 5150 Broadway 620
Address: X
City: San Antonio
StateProv: TX
PostalCode: 78209

NetRange: 66.135.32.0 - 66.135.47.255
CIDR: 66.135.32.0/20
NetName: SERVER-ALLOC-1
NetHandle: NET-66-135-32-0-1
Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.SERVERBEACH.COM
NameServer: NS2.SERVERBEACH.COM
Comment:
RegDate: 2003-05-19
Updated: 2003-05-19

TechHandle: ZZ4092-ARIN
TechName: ipadmin
TechPhone: +1-210-225-4725
TechEmail: [email protected]

OrgTechHandle: ZZ4092-ARIN
OrgTechName: ipadmin
OrgTechPhone: +1-210-225-4725
OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2003-09-27 19:15
Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS

JediHDM
audioheem> You protect the metacortex building?!

JediHDM
Less than one hour left, supposedly...the waiting is killing me...

JediHDM
THEY LIED...ITS STILL SAYING "Stand by..."...How could they do this to us...*sobs*

Sifer
It's up by the way...Read the news page...LMAO!

It goes deep, so far I have found about 3 sister sites. But despite my efforts so far, I have yet to unveil a username and password - think it may have something to do with the 2 employees on the main page.

Exa
Which sister sites?

The site is strange confused

Laguna
I had a look at the site myself and it looks legitimate to me

Laguna
go to the contact section of the page at megacortechs, then at the bottom of the contact page to directory, choose redland as the office you wish to inspect the directory of and type in a search for andersonthomas which will prove to ya this website is a matrix affiliated one

JediHDM
if you realize, the other sites are set up in much the same way, using flash, in the same way...i entered the contests, not that i'll win, of course...i also tried to login, no success so far, but...

JediHDM
it is funny, because im still not sure if this is real or not...but i know we're not the only ones who think its not. If you look in the news, it says that they have had a system of attacks by phone, email and over the internet, trying to obtain access to the site and hidden portions of said site...I still dont believe its real, because i cannot find a single place they speak of, including but not limited to: Metacortex ave, redland galleria mall, redland washington.

RoCket8
FOr the employee id and password there could be clues on the film (matrix 1) THe only other guy who i can think of who works for metacortex is Rhineheart, but I cant find his first name to put into the search. Steve Walsh works but I cant get McConnellbeth to work.

James Avery works!! but it comes up with a wierd picture and a long line of binary code.

and Marcus Ormond! who gave Beth McConnel employee of the month! Can anyone phone his number? I dont dare coz it might be to the US? and im in UK. (huge phone bills etc)

It wont let me post another reply so im gonna edit this post again:

I took the binary code from James Avery and put it in a decoder some helpful guy gave me on another forum and it comes up with:

Na e: Aver , J es
D pt x c iv

anagram maybe? I can see it says Name: Avery, James, Dept executive. but maybe its taken the letters out on purpose?

website used: http://nickciske.com/tools/binary.php

Redland could also suggest a reference to redpill? redress? etc

The wallpaper also has a HUGe set of binary code...

RoCket8
Oh my god the code on the wallpaper works...I got 'The' after 20 digits of code, im gonan do the rest...how sad am i smile

Syren
so would the anagram be made up of the letters that have been taken out? it could either be
MYAMEARMENTEEUTE
or
MYAMEAREEUTE
I'm not sure Im on the right track at all, but i came up with that on the spur of the moment. if it helps, kool, if it doesnt i'll give up trying to be intelligent, ok?

RoCket8
Im not intelligent but I managed to do all that (with a bit of help). Keep trying you'll stumble on something. Also where is Sifer, hes got a rep of being the most intelligent smile We need your help!

Syren
heeeellpp!!!! can u get me started plz?

RoCket8
I DECODE THE FIRST LINE

"The machine"

SHIT QUICK SOMEONE HELP ME DECODE THE REST

Syren
am i actually on the right track with what i sed before? i need to know where to start, then leave me to it x

Syren
let me know what to do and i'll try!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoCket8
http://nickciske.com/tools/binary.php
use that and copy the code from the wallpaper
be careful as one mistake will ruin the whole message

ive got now after two lines:

The machine turns, turn

Syren
COME ON, IM STILL NOT SURE WHERE TO GO

RoCket8

Syren
WHATS THE WWW FOR THE SITE?

RoCket8

RoCket8

tshirt
Keep going Rocket.
I cannot decode it, as I cannot even see it on the screen saver (work computers do very strange things).

tshirt
Mcconnelbeth does not work, but McConnellElizabeth does.
So do Walshsteven, ormondmarcus, and averyjames.

Perhaps we need some more names.

JediHDM
what are the passwords?

RoCket8

Syren
right ppl, here's the wallpaper

Korri
eek! thats kewl

Syren
i figured this is the one needed right? if not then i give up!

JediHDM

Syren
i think it means the world is like any machine, if the wheels stop turning it will only be a matter of time before we are wiped out. so even though the world is not perfect as a machine, it would be better to live with it, than to die should it ever stop.

Korri
woah

Syren
d ya think my translation is right? i havent even seen the 2nd movie, but my boyf saw it and the 3rd as well, coz his dad got some films before they had even been edited or anywhere near release! apparently itz excellent.

JediHDM
possibly, but i think it has to do with Matrix, not our world...

Syren
yeah i know that, but what is this world in the movie? a complete world run by hidden machinery basically, or maybe i need 2 watch it again, coz i prob didnt understand it!!

JediHDM
Put in "AndersonThomas" and see what it says...HAHA

JediHDM
anybody realize there are NO name plates on any cubicles or doors?

burlyman
have you noticed on the front page, that something is scheduled for 10th october, and then it says 5th (i think that must be a street, in america)

burlyman
250,000 people ...our small planet ...to enable the world to fulfill its destiny through technology ...AI system detected the attack ...72 hours ...security AI did its job ...Virtual Reality eXtreme ...enter another world ...One MetaCortex Avenue

sus-pish-ious http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/disguise2.gif

clarinetist
Do you put the names in the employee login? If so, how do you figure out the passwords?

SimplePriest
Wow.... I must say, you've got my interest.

Ok, I doubt I'ma find anything but I'll start searching the site with you guys.

...wow...

SimplePriest
Yeah... Will somebody state (or restate if that's the case) how you guys are figuring out the passwords?!? blink I know I'm stuck there too.

SimplePriest
This was on Elizabeth's website

wow....

Biography : My Hobby

It all started out so innocently. A simple link to a website sent from a friend with the half-hearted plea, "You've gotta check this out! It can't be real, can it?" One website led to another and another and another... Before I knew it, my bookmarks were filled with crazy sites that seemed to be documenting another world. A world that called to me, that fascinated me.

The world, as we know it, is guided by a relatively complex set of simple rules. These rules are not only built on logic and order, they establish logic and order. These rules, these physical laws, cannot just be ignored or discounted. Yet here I was looking at page after page of instances that seemed to operate with different rules, ones that disrupt what we know to be true, to be possible.

Many people accept these instances on faith and consider them to be signs or miracles. Others believe that they're figments of a deluded mind or elaborate hoaxes meant to trick the feeble minded. I don't know what I believe. However, I do know that science, history, and knowledge dictate that there is a logical and rational explanation for such phenomena. They may be paranormal, but they are not abnormal.

For the past few years, I've spent countless hours living a normal life in a paranormal world. I know that every paranormal phenomenon has a logical or rational explanation. It could be something as simple as a hoax; it could be something far more complex. It is my hope, my intent, that by recording phenomenal events the logic behind them will be discovered.

RoCket8
has no one finished teh translation yet? blah ill do it..ahh apologies someoen did finish it! nice one!

dave123

dave123
who is jefferys stone? anyone recognise the pic??

joeboy
what are the passswords?

JediHDM
jeffreys stone is the supposed head of security...and no, i dont recognize, but he might be one of the ones in the shot with the Agents looking towards Neos desk, dunno, have to check again...

JediHDM
you dont need the passwords, go to the bottom of the page, where it says directory, and click on the link, then click on "redland" and type in names as given...

dave123
my opinion is that this site is (obviously what neo worked for) but possibly the site that produces the machines that take over the world?
"Organize your life with wired reality" wired reality, the matrix, perhaps?

JediHDM
it is probably a way for the machines to get the humans to write their ai, better, or understand better ways to write it...remember, a program was written, in the matrix, that allowed them to see the streaming video from the real world...

dave123
anyone worked out password/users yet? there MUST be a clue

dave123
"The MetaVRX entertainment system is currently the most sophisticated Virtual Reality complex developed for the home entertainment market. Consisting of a set of MetaVRX goggles, a stereo headset, infrared tactile sensor/emitters and an olfactory chest plate, the MetaVRX system breaks new ground in providing absolutely immersive, lifelike, convincing gaming like nothing ever seen before. "
really does sound like the matrix to me

dave123

JediHDM
the pic for James avery is an actual face, but it is being corrupted, just like the description, used to say Name: James Avery Dept: Executive, but spaces are being added where letters were...He's being deleted...but why?

dave123
maybe that aqua place is zion???

joeboy
smith is taking over i bet

dave123
i see wot u r saying, but why is the website data being deleted aswell?

joeboy
not smith then .. but may the anomaly

joeboy
Beth McConnell is not comming up

dave123
try elizabeth instead of beth
o yeah, i got an actual pic of avery b4
now i just get some weird one + binary, as jedi said b4

tshirt
Nice deduction Jedi.
I have found the little-boxes.net site, along with thttp://www.underscorehosting.com/index.htm, http://www.paranormaljournal.org, and http://www.metadex.net.

All are linked to each other. All are fake.

My guess is that if you go through the films and use charater names and the names of the film crews, you might find some connections.

dave123
so the url is metacortechs, and the site has an X, not chs...
apparently the name of neo's company changes like that aswell, never bithred to check, though

joeboy
http://weblogs.asp.net/javery/posts/9123.aspx

joeboy
look at the bottom of that page... may just be nothing

joeboy
nothing

JediHDM
the name James Avery is not important, but trying to access the hidden areas may be impossible, or very, VERY hard, harder than i have skills, or time, to crack...

and in the building, the name of neos division, i guess, is Meta cortechs, but the company is metacortex...

dave123
makes sense, i think
i believe it to be impossible to log in
cos the "you failed" thing doesnt even load up, it pre-loads itself so any input is rejected!

joeboy
Not preloaded ... hear is some of the code

start doTime success redirectSite http:// memberURL LoginBox1 mcLoginBoxContainer mcMsgBox tfMsgBox
Invalid Login.
System Locked. mcPasswordBox _visible mcUserNameBox maxDelay ndx totalMembers tfUserNameBox memberArray tfPasswordBox Welcome, !
Redirecting to:
doRedirect nbrStrikes Invalid Login.
System Locked. ERROR!
Check Employee ID
and/or PassWord! memberData
split startX startY xscale yscale msgBoxText length Array MetaCortex
Employee
Login main.html , push mcLoginBox attachMovie _xscale _yscale _y _x mcLoginBtn mcSqBtn kbdSnd mcStatusBox tfStatusBox

JediHDM
that is supposed to mean what to me?

anyway, did y'all realize that, while we're copyingthe binary code from the site, the ONLY thing that is able to copy IS the binary code, as well as the bios for the other "alleged" employees of the "alleged" company...everything else is flash...

dave123
so joeboy, is it possible to login with the right password?

joeboy
it looks as thogh there is a password. Probaly the same one as on beths site.

I am trying combos of her birthday .

That Code is in the flash. But most of it is garbage.

dave123
hey, someone check the pic of walsh, on the main page and directory
a slight difference there, plus the ear piece makes him agent-like

yeah, i was thinking that birthday thing aswell, joeboy, aint checked it out yet

joeboy
the codes says, if you get the right password, It will say wlcome and then say directiing you to ... but the wrong gives you what you been seeing

dave123
and whats their ID, a number, code, or their name?
aint there no way to find out where u get directed to?

JediHDM
Perhaps James Avery was getting too close to the truth, so they killed him and replaced him with a "program"...

tshirt
You are right, looks like two different people.

Someone on another site also noticed that on world map of offices, all the red dots look like the eyes from the Sentinels.

dave123
lol, if he was close what about beth??? shes almost spot on!
plus that dont explain why everything is screwed up...

JediHDM
we can figure out walsh's id from the source, and we used to be able to get another persons, but i cant remember it...walsh is like 0281542 or something like that...

dave123
ok, sounds good....
i'll rely on u guys to get the password, good luck

joeboy
The hosting company has a simple hashing scheme.

dave123
yeah, whats that mean?
######??

joeboy
http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/archive/pen-test/2003/06/msg00138.html
IF you got the time or want to write a script to do it.

dave123
i KINDA understand that

joeboy
hashing is a term to assign passwords or accnt #

JediHDM
but they probably didnt "hash". i mean, they WANT us to figure it out, dont they...?

dave123
so du know the pass/user combo or url, or have u gotta work it still?

SimplePriest
joeboy> wow... man I wish I knew more about the stuff that site was talking about. I'd love to help you guys out, but right now I don't know what that site is saying. Arrrgghh... ok ok. Well if you can translate it, or just put things in little steps, I really might be able to help.

Let me know erm

dave123
what u need to know, simple?

SimplePriest
dave123> First of all, I just looked at it again... Is that C++ !?!? If so I'm in business. I can probably figure out what's going on. If not, then I just need to know what's going on.

Ummm... basically, if someone can break down the ideas that site is trying to say into little tasks, then tell those to me, I might be able to find my own way to do them. So what are the steps... that's what I need to know... I'd love to give this thing a few cracks... I've never "hacked" anything before... Gotta start somewhere. wink

dave123
i dont think its as complex as hacking the site (properly)
just picking up on clues to solve the passwords and such
also, on the directories type ????elizabeth (cant remember her surname) theres some interesting stuff there

and the metaVRX sister site is REALLY hinting at it becoming the matrix

SimplePriest
OK... I see. Cool... Soooo, if I wanted to "unhash" something I can use the steps on that site... ok, I think I can do that. But where are the things we need to unhash?

dave123
talk to joeboy about that, i aint got a clue.
although i said its not about hacking the site, u obviously could, and just save loads of thinking time

any ideas what this site is advertising? or is it just information (i think that aqua place is Zion, that game thing evolves into the Matrix, and perhaps that company makes the robots thaat take over the world, just some ideas to work on)

SimplePriest
joeboy> you said you were trying to use her birthday. Where did you find out what her birthday is?

dave123
go to directories, then the western USA one
type in her surname then elizabeth (no spaces)
go 2 her site, then onto another site from there
its got her personal info, plus some interesting matrixy experiences
http://www.little-boxes.net - thats the site that tells u

KevinLeeC
If you go to the Underscore Hosting site and click on Support you get to this url:

http www underscorehosting com/support/index.htm

You get to enter an ID/Password combination. What's interesting is that the program which checks the password is scripted. Here's what looks like the relevant section:

function submitentry(){
password = document.password1.password2.value.toLowerCase()
username = document.password1.username2.value.toLowerCase()
passcode = 1
usercode = 1
for(i = 0; i < password.length; i++) {
passcode *= password.charCodeAt(i);
}
for(x = 0; x < username.length; x++) {
usercode *= username.charCodeAt(x);
}

if(usercode==967612988160000&&passcode==17390546100000)

{
window.location=password+".htm"}
else{
alert("Invalid Username/Password"wink}
}

I don't have time to reverse-engineer the password at this point (late for a class), but I think it should be pretty easy. Anybody wanna take a crack and tell us what's behind door number one?

KC

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>