This I dont understand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

finti
The Spanish foreign minister said that Norway has to take part in the payment of expanding EU. Rich countries must pay the most. Now we are NOT part of EU, why the hell shall we pay for EU`s expansion into former east block countries. We dont care if EU consist of poor countries not our problem and to the Spanish foreign minister .... off. I rather be part of USA before EU, EU is corrupt to the core. mad mad

keokiswahine
I'm sorry, Finti, I'm not up on the EU stuff, but maybe I should become more aware of what's happening to my fellow JCers. embarrasment

finti
well keo, do you think Canada would put oup with paying for US further expansion of states? confused Its kind off the same thing here.

keokiswahine
That was my first thought. It seems like there alot of pressure to intimidate your government to voluntarily contribute to something far outside of your borders. But, that's international politics. roll eyes (sarcastic)

razman
finti, saying that they should do something and making them do something are two different things.

I suggest you read more into what happened before blowing off the EU.

finti
Reading more into it? I saw the press conference and since we ARE NOT A PART of EU they shouldnt even consider us. But it is not the first time EU wants Norway to pay their way. It doesnt matter if there is a difference between wanting to do and doing. Its the part that Norway is on the agenda of EU expansion plan, not as a member but as a wallet. Norway has said no to EU membership twice, but its not Norway as a country they want. They want our oil supplies and fishing areas. Spanish and Portugees fishing ships brakes the bounderies every time they are up here, our coastguard should just have sunk the boats. But Norwegian dont use force to to make a statement we belive in negotiation silly us.

ratcat
Impound the ships would be a start.

Ushgarak
Everyone steals everyone else's fishing boundaries in Europe.

razman
I never saw this press conference, so I can't comment on whats going on. Although I'm sure you have some half decent politions that will oppose this if its wrong.

finti
I wouldnt give the politicians in Norway too much credit big grin

queeq
Or any politician for that matter. big grin

keokiswahine
politics, public guilt trips to other nations, pleading poverty...isn't that all normal politicizing? confused

finti
Now you sound like those demonstraters that made havoc in Sweden. The avarage Swede have to pay for all the destruction during a demonstration. What have ordinary shops, boutiques and just plain merchandisers done to deserve their stores demolished by angry anarchist going mad? confused

keokiswahine
It's happening everywhere, finti. mad

queeq
The blessings of democracy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.