A Challenge from the Mod

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
I have been getting a feeling like absolutley NOBODY has been reading my stuff. There are a few other writers in here that I guess are feeling the same way. For example, Another Smithy's story, The Warrior to Unite, has only gotten praise from ME and me alone. The last time someone said something praising my Star Wars fan fics was in July! eek!

Now, I have a challenge for you. No reward for doing this except good reading and having happy writers! I challenge you to read up on a majority of the stories in here, and then give some praise on it. This place is here for writing, but not only that. Also, I have a feeling that people are flocking to the shorter stories that have less paragraphs and less long reading. That tends to annoy me...

Who accepts the challenge?

Another_Smithy
You go dude! wink

masterofmatrix
sometimes hacing shorter stories tends to have more parts posted

masterofmatrix
so thats a no i will not do it

yerssot
you know that we're not reading your stories?? eek! stick out tonguewink

masterofmatrix
course he does

Captain REX
Of course I do, there's no commentary since July except for Another Smithy's recent remark. smile

The fact that the shorter stories have more parts posted means nothing, Masterofmatrix. They eventually just add up to be shorter or nearly as long as the longer stories. For instance, I post chapter by chapter. I don't think anyone has reached the length of my stories yet.

Captain REX
I see that everyone is doing their best to ignore what I've written...

yerssot
I see they received my PM wink

BackFire349
sometimes reading a story that has shorter segments is more apealing then reading a huge lumped together stretch of words. It's a psychological thing Rex.

Captain REX
*cuts off Yerss's head and throws it across the room*

What PM, Yerss? stick out tongue

*sigh* Well, I just have a feeling that most of the writers who have longer segments are feeling left out because nobody is reading them...such as me and Another Smithy...

BackFire349
yeah, i completely understand how you're feeling, i was just trying to maybe give you some insight in why they may be skimping on reading the longer works on teh board.

Captain REX
Yeah, I suppose your right. Then again, I'm in an advanced literature class at school, so long writing is what I'm used to... sad

Maybe if I start making everything short people will look at mine. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
you make what short?

BackFire349
Think of it this way Rex, you're stories are too good and complex for simple minded people to read and understand. Only brilliant minds like yours will get them stick out tongue

yerssot
oh, I like that explenation wink

Another_Smithy
Yerssot, the amount of time you have been arguing with Rex in this topic you probably could have read Rex's fic, and definately mine for that matter.

Captain REX
Indeed. Still, I kind of made this thread for discussion anyway...

Of course it's too complex, I'm all knowing and have a very complex mind! big grin

Phoenix
I will after next week - too much schoolwork at the mo!

yerssot
oh, but I don't like to read wink

Captain REX
What about Shatterpoint, Yerss?

yerssot
it ... broke?

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Captain REX
Well, we're 50/50 here...

yerssot
that's ... bad messed

Bespin Bart
Indeed...

Captain REX
Alright, new rule to keep the extremely short stories down. DBZFan just posted a "Sailor Moon meets DBZ" story entitled "Just a story." 3 short sentences, and about 300 characters. My new rule is that the opening entry must have AT LEAST 1000 characters. All entries of the story after that must have AT LEAST 500 characters.

badkittykitty
see I want to read everyones stuff,but my brain cant handle all the reading, though what Ive read by everyone has been great.I just read mostly bits and pieces

Captain REX
Good! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.