release dates

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

icansee

The Omega
If you pre-order it, you can get it on the 8th of October big grin

icansee
I am just trying to figure out why???

Sifer
Probably because the WB's realise how much we Brits get shit on when it comes to release dates. That isn't just in Movies either, I'm talkin about everything...Music, Movies, Games, Tv Shows...The list goes on. Could be a reason smile

burlyman
we got 24 season 2 box set A MONTH before US big grin

Sifer
Indeed we did. I got it near the day it came out as a Birthday present - brilliant series.

burlyman
i got 1&2 box set as i didnt have the first http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/offtopic.gif

icansee
Sorry, Region 2 DVD are not as good as Region 1 but the CD's release are the same dates.

SpikeSpiegel
Why aren't region 2 as good as Region 1? Most of the time they're the same, its just so that you can't import them that thay have the regions and therefore you can't get them before the publishers want you to have them?

Sifer
Of course R2 are as good as R1.

icansee
The is a big diffence between the regions I kid you not.

alaba
it's been officially announced that the release date is the 5th of nov...

Sifer
There is NO difference - the only difference I see is the advantage of PAL. Higher Res and better colour - other than that, there is no difference.

Sifer
Oh and I have had a DVD player since they were released with a collection of 420ish last time I counted (mixture of both R1 and R2). So I think I would know if there was any major differences.

Actually come to think of it:

R2 - both Fullscreen and Widescreen on 1 copy = good
R1 - Widescreen Version OR Fullscreen version - have to be bought seperately = bad.

icansee
Go to various DVD review websites and the truth will be shown to you.

Sifer
Various DVD review websites. Why do I need someone else's opinion on whether a dvd is good or not? I admit, when DVD's where first released, the US got better features on their copies than we on ours. Not anymore - If you must know, they are not allowed to give different regions, different content anymore - yes, NOT allowed - It has to be the same.

So basically, Region 1 DVDs are no better or no worse than Region 2 releases. It's just bullshit you're being fed and it's obviously working.

It's all just control.

spydar1982
I author DVD's for small indie releases in california. there is no difference as far as video quality go. PAL maybe better but that is only because of what you view it on. Not the actual disc itself. The regions only are made so it can be viewed only in certain places. for instance in the US most of everything is released here first as far as Hollywood movies go. Some times it can be months and months before other countries get it. Its a way to control and see how things are selling and the demand for the product.

joeboy
PAL suppose to be a better image. All hi en video editing tell you that. But not by much. Just a different format. I think you you brits get only the shows you like better than us. The show 24 is not that high over hear. It's not bad in ratings, just not one of the best.

icansee
I have been collecting films for a very long time, video, Laserdisc and DVD.

The regulatory board that review films and give them their respective certification vary from country to country. Next time you are free look at the difference between say True lies or even Aliens. I tend to look at three regions when it comes to movies Region 1, 2 and 4.

You are all entited to your own opinions. Let us agree to disagree on this subject.

I think we should get back to talking about the matrix movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.