Keeping things under wrap...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega

Crash_Overload
It's a glich in the matrix. They changed something shifty

I was thinking that when he has been "Wirelessly" plugged in, scince he had no control over it, he just poped up in Moblil (Limbo) ave. Because, he is in Like the White construct thingy, betwwen this world, and the machine world, thus Limbo, and from there he can get to anywhere methinks.

burlyman
heres my two cents as jedi would say

mero trapped neos code - residual self image what have you - when he left the architects, as mero is the exile daddy, and has him in limbo. but neo was still able to jack out
here is where i am confused. maybe because he is still in some kind of matrix, between both worlds, he can unconciously use powers in the real world... after this his rw self has 'some sort of coma' so he is just in the limbo world. ie. is like someone jacked in

JediHDM
i think that Neo has to get that little girl out, i think she is more important than even Neo...now

SimplePriest
Omega> We basically think that the girl is THE one that the oracle is talking about because the pieces seem to fit. There is a family with two parents and a child, which at least fits with the number of people that the oracle talks about. The man was being led out of Le Vrai in Reloaded, which seems to fit with him being connected to the Merovingian. Since he is being Led out, not just leaving, it seems to fit with the idea that the Merovingian is the boss in that little relationship. And lastly, they appear to be stuck in limbo along with Neo, which, if you agree that limbo is controlled by Mero, seems to go along with the idea that Mero is trying to keep them imprisoned (probably because of their importance).

Anyhow, this seems like a lot of assumptions based on circumstantial evidence. But the pieces do seem to fit...

Any thoughts...

rysdigital
i like the idea that the loop is an analogy for a program loop. neo will have to break; (c command for getting out of a loop stick out tongue) out of mobil ave somehow. i think the neo not looking like keanu reeves thing isn't coincidental. they (the wachowskis) wouldn't **** up so badly in a theatrical trailer, especially since matrix 1 and 2 had lots of stunts that are more dangerous than that one, which _WERE_ done by the actual actors.

as for the eyes of the oracle, everybody seems to think that because mero asks for the eyes and neo is so blatantly blindfolded in the trailer, that there's no connection, since it would be too obvious. i however do think this ties into the 'significance of the cookie', as stated by the wachoskis in a chat session. another thing to note about this is this: if the oracle GIVES neo the 'eyes code', she doesn't necessarily lose it herself. that's the beauty of ones and zeros, program code can be copied easily (look at smith no expression).

more to come later, stay tuned stick out tongue

Crash_Overload
"Le Vrai" Means "The real" in french.

burlyman
or The Truth

Crash_Overload

burlyman
in my french classes weve had to do exercises called 'le vrai au faux' meaning truth or false

Crash_Overload
I am french.

Sifer
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

go and type in Le Vrai and see what it gives you. One word: Truth smile

Le Vrai = Truth.

Sifer

Crash_Overload

Crash_Overload
translate "the real" into frnech, it says "le vrai" THERE you go.

Crash_Overload

Sifer

Crash_Overload
I have slight dislexia, d,b.

Sifer
What are the chances of that....OMG

-=Urot=-
*** Giglges like a school girl at the this conversation. ***

icansee
You had to go and do it when u know how i feel about the french.............

The Omega

burlyman
a residual self image that mero seems to have altered while hes in limbo

hey do you think that the may be flying towards the battery towers to get the little girl out? hmm

Crash_Overload
You mean Like Hope?

The Omega

JediHDM
she didnt change her shape in the real world, did she? I thought she only changed her shape in the matrix. If she DID change her shape in Real, then..
"then what"
"then you already know what im going to say, dont you?"

The Omega

SimplePriest
Uploading now...

Simple.com cool

SimplePriest
And the Blind shall see... (part 1)

Ok... Simple here, taking another crack at these new trailers. "Oh what is it this time..." Good question. This is about the whole sequence of events surrounding Neo and his blindfold. We've all been trying to figure it out, put it all in order, and come up with some ideas about what's going on. Well, to make a long story, not as long, I took an in depth look at things again and I came up with some ideas. So... errhm... here they are:

Before I can start into this segment I have to point out something interesting that has to do with the last segment (Mobil Ave, Hel Club, and Neo). When Neo goes to see the Oracle he's in the same clothes as when he was in Mobil Ave. This seems to suggest that he saw her After he was freed from Limbo, but Before he jacked out --OR-- Before he got in Limbo and Before he jacked out. I imagine he sees her After he is freed from Limbo, but it certainly is possible to go either way. One hypothetical scenario might go like this:

Neo stops the Sentinels (either through his Bluetooth wireless technology, or through the fact that it's a MWAM -- depending on which school of thought you subscribe to). However, doing that is a huge shock to his system, and it sends him into a coma. Or perhaps (and this is kinda interesting) because his eyes aren't covered, his brain shuts down because he's getting too much information. shifty (I imagine this is gonna be the explanation for the blindfold) So as we said, his brain is still connected to the Matrix and his residual self is stuck there, while his body remains in the "real" world (again depending on how you think). And... he is NOT physically jacked in. shifty I think this may be because his brain was "confused/stuck" when he started to fry the sentinels. His mind was receiving information from both worlds, so his brain/residual self image just "picked one," which in this case was the Matrix (does this sound kinda flakey... well, I'll finish anyhow). Because of his "bad startup," he's dropped into Limbo, kinda like a Safe Mode start for Windows. But, like I said... I'm really making a big guess here. Please, if you guys find any merit to this idea (especially those of you who know more about computers) feel free to tear this apart or refine it as necessary.

Ok, well, when he does talk to the Oracle (whenever that may be) they have the discussion we've all heard on the clips:

(International Trailer> 0:00 to 0:17)
Oracle: Everything that has a beginning has an end. I see the end coming. I see the darkness spreading. I see death.

(International Trailer> 0:38 to 0:47)
Oracle: And you are all that stands in his way. If you cannot stop him tonight than I fear that tomorrow may never come.

(Final Trailer> 1:15 to 1:24)
Neo: Can Zion be saved?
Oracle: Tonight the future of both worlds will be in your hands, or in his.

(Power TV spot> 0:06 to 0:15)
Oracle: Soon he will have the power to destroy this world
Neo: And if I can't stop him.
Oracle: Than I fear that tomorrow may never come.

(Enemy TV spot> 0:10 to 0:14)
Oracle: One way or another, this war is going to end.

*Please note that these speeches are assumed to be to Neo, as we do not see them both together in the same scene. Also, note that some editing was probably done for effect. For example, the Oracle apparently says the same line in the second and fourth quote that I've listed. So, these quotes are to be taken with a grain of salt*

Ok, well as flakey as my suggestion may have been for the Limbo part of things, we DO know that Neo is connected to the Matrix even though he isn't plugged in. We get this information from the newly released behind the scenes clips on IGN(http://filmforce.ign.com/matrix/articles/451/451850p1.html?fromint=1). And when all is said and done, Neo and crew all jack out of the Matrix, leaving us in the "real" world. NOTE: At this point Neo's eyes are not hurt and he does not have a blindfold on. Also, at this point they will be playing a nice healthy game of musical ships, and since I don't really have enough to try to say "who's on what ship at what time" I'm not going to guess. Maybe I'll try to figure that out later, but I don't really see much hope in being able to figure that out yet... so... moving on...

Ahhh yes, and the moment we've all been waiting for. Mouse: "Bane is fighting Neo!"

They confront each other. They fight over the lightning gun (Final Trailer> 1:41 -- and the Power TV spot> 0:16 to 0:17, but is that Neo? I can't tell). And on some of the tv spots we can even see clips of Neo punching Bane (The End TV spot> 0:18), and dodging a blast (Enemy TV spot> 0:09/0:10). Notice that in the clip of Neo and Bane grappling for the gun, that Bane's face does not look as bloody/greasy/dirty (?) as it does in the following clip that we all know of:

(Final trailer> 0:51 to 1:00)
Neo: Who are you
Bane: Look past the flesh, and see your enemy.
Neo: That's impossible.
Bane: Not impossible. Inevitable.

Except for a cut on his lip, and some blood dripping from his nose Bane looks pretty much normal, until you get to the scene I just mentioned. These little details are easier to see on the ultra resolution trailer btw.

Before I noticed this I was toying with jedi's idea that Bane is deteriorating. But after seeing him in this fight, where he looks pretty much ok, I think it might be something else on his face. Maybe grease, or blood... I must admit though, his skin color Does look sickly, especially around his eyes. And as I said, the blood looks a little odd. Maybe he is sick or something... I can't really tell what's happening. erm

So, being that Neo is alive for the rest of the movie... I bet he wins yes Therefore I bet Bane loses yes and dies yes
Oh well... 21 gun salute... Taps... ok, moving along.

Now, the Second moment we've all been waiting for. *Ok... how do I put this...* we all know that Neo has a blindfold on in the real world. But why? I happen to believe in the idea of Neo's brain overloading and tripping out when he shocks the sentinels. Therefore, to keep that from happening again, he covers his eyes. Lots of other people have been suggesting something like this, and I think it's pretty feasible. With the blindfold on he can see what's going on in the machine world/matrix and not go into a coma. Also, this allows him to do what he did to the sentinels again. We see an example of this when he blows up the squiddy bomb (Final Trailer> 1:59 to 2:07). I'll come back to this thought in a moment... But first let me point out something else: I think this blindfold idea is why Bane is in a coma too (this is a big maybe erm tell me what you think of it).

I imagine the events surrounding Bane went something like this. He sabotaged the counter attack and killed the crew on-board his ship.

Niobe: I can't believe it.
Ghost: We did it.
Sparks: Did what is the question.
Niobe: What do you mean.
Spark: I mean it didn't work. Whatever was supposed to happen, didn't happen. Something's gone wrong.

-Scene switch to various dead bodies in a ship... at the end we see Bane who is alive and well-
-Scene switch to The Hammer (it's the ship that finds Morpheus and his crew at the end of Reloaded)-
-An alarm rings-

Captain: What was that?
Man: I think it was an EMP.
Captain: How?
Man: No idea, but right now we can't reach 11, 4, or 7.

-Scene switch to Commander Lock-

Opera: Sir! We've just lost contact with the Icharus!
Lock: What!
Opera: and the Novalis, and the Caduceus!
Lock: How is that possible?
Man: I don't understand it, sir, but the line is broken.
Lock: God damn it, what the hell is happening?

Then as the sentinels are moving through the wreckage, he ends up having to use a power similar to Neo to stop them. It seems easy to imagine that Bane may have a connection to the Matrix and somehow be able to stop sentinels as well... with the same side effect of putting him in a coma. Why do I even think this is what happened? Well because we know he Is in a coma, and the reason Neo is in one is because of what he did to the sentinels. This kinda leads me to believe that Bane did the same thing, or something similar (maybe).

SimplePriest

JediHDM
wow, thats alot of info...good, but alot...anyone have the ETM FMVs? I could REALLY use them, cause i dont remember ANY of this...

SimplePriest
Yeah it is alot. It's more for the people who haven't read the hundreds of little posts that are scattered through different threads. This hopefully puts all the ideas in one place. Maybe. Anyhow... here it is. Please proceed to add or subtract....

SimplePriest
and don't worry... I plan on keeping things Simpler from here on out (more brief). wink

hope this helps... or at least doesn't hurt

navykidd
dang, more like Preist then simple, LOL, hehe, the time line, the background, and the philosophy is the best explanation i have read as far as a whole goes, It seems to me, that u have picked up anything and everything possible without seein the movie, the guesses seem to fall in line with the story,and i would not doubt that the W Brothers are gonna send agents to your room to take you out, lol, well, we will see, but i feel like i already watched the movie, now we get to see it with special affects, yay, lol, GOD BLESS

JediHDM
No, Simple, jack out, now, i cannot have a wingman die on me, before our first mission, it's not good luck, nor is it feasible to train someone else...

mobile Operator, get Simple an exit, NOW!!

SimplePriest
navykidd> embarrasment yeah... I really typed a lot didn't I...
Thanks a lot for the comments though. I tried to put some serious thought into it. Yeah, at this point, I'm afraid I may have spoiled the movie for myself stick out tongue It'll be kind of neat to see how many of our guess turn out to be true... what a minute... did you hear that noise... Are you sure this line isn't tapped?

Holy crap -- Operator I need a way out of here! Now!!

*Agent WB follows Priest in Hot pursuit*

SimplePriest
navykidd> I just now caught what you said about special effects. LOL I'll have to try to whip something together for you **No, down Priest, down -- Simple beats Priest with a chair miffed: **

navykidd
lol,

"whats Preist doing"
"he is beggining to believe"

hey preist, do what we all do when we see a WB agent, run, run your A$$ off, lol

JediHDM
OPERATOR, WHERE'S THE [email protected] EXIT?!?!?!

SimplePriest
*bullets whizzing by*

Kiss my code you agent scum. I'ma send you back to the source where you belong! pirate *Priest returns fire*

*Priest stands over the dead WB agent, victorious*

He's still only a machine.... Now operator, how 'bout that exit.

JediHDM
Simple, you had me worried there for a second...alright, the exit is at Smith and Wesson...and hurry up, could ya?

The Omega

SimplePriest
The Omega> thanks for your comments... big grin

I'm going to sit down and think about some of those other points that you brought up... They were all good. If you think of anything else please let me know.

(lol, I could probably come up with a pretty good fake spoiler if I tried. I should watch some harry potter previews and go terrorize their forum pirate JJ, of course big grin )

Cowboyography
there is also a orange image of smith saying "I am not such a bad guy, once you get to know me"(or something to that effect) the important part is "once you get to know me" this makes me think hes talking to the oracle, which means she also see orange code????? hmmmm not sure, anyone? im sure it has to do with the "get me the oracles eyes" quote huh?

The Omega

Sifer
What is the question that drives them? What is it they really want?

Love...

Have fun smile

Sifer
Everything begins with choice:

"It Ends Tonight!"

SimplePriest
Omega> You astound me once again. That's an excellent idea about Neo and ending the war. Wow, maybe we should stop trying to figure this movie out. I think we're going to spoil it for ourselves. big grin

Whether or not we're right, we certainly are coming up with a very good story wink

The Omega

Sifer
You think it's gonna end like that? I have a feeling it's gonna be alot more special than that. More than upgrades wink

The Omega

JediHDM
Here, here...

Another_Smithy
All of that is nice and dandy, but, you say that the digital Neo is powerless, a regular human because of the "swap". We see Neo get punched by the Trainman, he nearly goes through a wall, how could he still be a normal human if he nearly gets punched through a wall and looks up as if he was'nt even phased...

Sifer
And:

"I love you too damned much"

ISN'T Soap Opera? Hrmmm, interesting.

Sifer
Oh and not to mention that both films, before the very end, it has been about love.

tshirt

The Omega

burlyman
persephone is an emotional vampire
the merovingian is a trafficker of information

Sifer
I didn't say it was all there is to life. Who is the one being evasive now.

The Omega

burlyman
80% of movies? more like 99% has love of some kind in

SimplePriest
Wow are you guys arguing, err I mean debating on this thread too

whistle

you should just go jedi style and enter "aggresive negotiations!" pirate

And I don't mean jediHDM, just jedi like the movie. smile

JediHDM
Simple> that WOULD be Jedihdm style...

SimplePriest
ROFLMBO!! you're right, you're right big grin my mistake
wow you guys really crack me up. I'm glad I got on this forum.

hehehee smile

JediHDM
Yeah, i'm glad i got on this forum too...to tell you the truth, i cant really remember WHY i came here...i really cant remember what led me here...

Sifer
Gimme my dual Lightsabers, and I'll kick anyone's ass...LOL

clavis9495
Omega> I think that the architect has changed the matrix so Neo is going to die (slowly) He's in a other world now ====> trapped..
The new version of the matrix is slowly taking over.... Matrix7.0
Or maybe... matrix 6.1
But 7 is the holy number so I think the kid has to be the one. Neo is number six that's nufing===> unless someone can find something on it....

burlyman
matrix 3.6 isnt it happy

perfect world > monumental failure
redesigned > again disappointed
current matrix> 6 upgrades

The Omega

priestjim
Has anyone noticed in 2:15 in the theatrical trailer that a hovercraft crashes on the ground but the sky is CLEAR? And there is the moon also! It is definitely outside of the matrix. Why should they use hovercrafts inside the matrix?

droopy1592
It's Matrix XP SP1

Sifer
From a still shot, it looks as though a hovercraft popped up from beneath the clouds and then drops back down.

priestjim
Yes but there are not so many clouds. The sky is like how it is on a rainy day. But what does that mean anyway? The war is over? The "scorched" is cleaned? And I am sure that by putting this scene as the last one in the trailer they want to tell us something.

SimplePriest
I think it just means they went Above the cloud cover. We all understand that the clouds do not go up forever, right? When you fly on a plane, you go above the cloud cover. I think this is what they did. They just went above it. I guess I might need to say that in scorching the sky, the humans did not blanken every cubic inch of atmosphere around. That would be pretty much impossible for us to do anyway. We just covered up most of it, in a dense black cloud. This blocked out the sun whish was all we wanted to do. But if you were to fly above it you would pop out eventually, and see blue sky. I think that's what we're seeing here.

The Omega

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.