Computer or Costume?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Clone Trooper
I think that the wokies will be ILM computer animated because in the old school SW films the wokie Chewy didn't look to great, I think it would be better for it to be computerized. Tell me and others who view this forum what you think should be computer animated or costume?

yerssot
hmm, the pics they showed on hyperspace showed costumes of wookies, so I think they'll keep it with costumes, since hair isn't that easy to make messed

Clone Trooper
well it isn't but they ILM is really good at making furry creatures. Tell me what you would like computerized or what is gonna be computerized or vise versa costume, tell me and this forum

yerssot
I like the costumes more, gives the feeling of the old movies

Clone Trooper
yea your right but also the computer animation is also cool to

yerssot
dunno, dislike the Cgi Yoda... but that's because he was a puppet first smile

Clone Trooper
and they couldn't get a puppet to fly accross the room that fast

yerssot
I know, that's why I didn't like him fighting, ruined some mystique of him

Clone Trooper
yes and no but i love it when yoda pulls his light saber out he uses the force to do it. I totaly did not like SW #1's yoda puppet it looked way to young like you know how yoda is 381 years old it made him look like he was 100 yeas old LOL

yerssot
well, thought the TPM Yoda looked totally ugly messed

Clone Trooper
lol totaly well what other computer animated Characters do you think would look great in costume (personaly i think that the clone troopers would look great in armor costumes)obi-wan still has is beard but has shorter hair and anikin has long hair did they get a hair transplant i mean that is probably y they call it Long time ago in a galaxy far far away... LOL

yerssot
it's to make a link with the hair they had in the '70s and therefor ANH

Clone Trooper
LOL i also wonder who kills all of the jedi?
1. THEY ARE KILLED BY CLONE TROOPERS THAT HAVE TURNED TO THE DARK SIDE.
2. THEY ARE KILLED BY ANIKIN.
3. OR BOTH

yerssot
both, and normal bad scum I think and seperatists

Clone Trooper
yea i also know that the jedi councel complex has a evacuation spot in it and i know that Yoda hops into one and the evac pods shoot off into random planets that is why he was sent to Yavin 4 the swamp place EWWU lol

yerssot
he ended up on Dagobah
Yavin 4 was the planet with the first rebelbase

Clone Trooper
o yea i get the planets mixed up sorry about that one LOL

Clone Trooper
but then how do you explain for why the clone troopers get on the dark side because it said in SW #2 quote "They listin to every order, without regret" see I don't know y they turn

yerssot
because if their boss, which ultimatly is Palpatine says to kill the jedi, they listen

Clone Trooper
o yea i thought there boss was a jedi my bad any ways who is your fav jedi?

yerssot
Aayla Secura wink

yours?

Clone Trooper
Plo Kloon , ur fav light saber color?

yerssot
basic blue, nothing fancy wink

Clone Trooper
basic yellow nothing fancy all though i love grey loght saber handels

yerssot
basic yellow? stick out tongue that's not basic stick out tongue

Clone Trooper
well fancey yellow LOL what is your fav ship?

yerssot
the classic x-wing I think messed

Clone Trooper
i love the Republic Gunship has many guns and holds people and has MISSILES eek!

yerssot
especially the missle part huhwink

Clone Trooper
yea so what is your fav Planet?

yerssot
Either Coruscant or Tatooine I think

Clone Trooper
Mine is Endor i love the forest fights it makes the people look like spys with all that camo and the Clone Troopers will have camo in the 3rd film i read it on SW.com no pics though yet

Lyn
I think it would be better for the Wookies to be in traditional furry costumes. Yoda wasn't too bad CGI but he also looked cool as a puppet, always liked Yoda. happy
I like ALL the Jedi-everyone fears and respects them...but I do like Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon & Yoda, Mace is cool too.
I like all the lightsabers, even the red one's look cool (wrong side though) I've always wanted to see a white one...
I LOVE Naboo & Coruscant looks good but has no colour, no green. I liked Endor too (CT :upsmile

Rogue Jedi
my fave jedi: kit fisto
my fave saber color: silver
my fave ship: slave 1
my fave planet: corellia

LanceWindu
Actually Yoda was more like 840 years old in TPM.

Clone Trooper
well yes but i was justing giving the over all, Thanks for moving my video thinky I didn't know were to put it so i thought that you guys would just do that for me thank you

Clone Trooper
my fav jedi= Plo Koon
my fav saber coler= yellow
my fav ship= Slave 1
my fav planet= Endor

I just had to reapeat it

Rogue Jedi
a yellow saber? gold would be cool....im gonna stick with a darth maul style saber with silver blades...they would actually be fiery white with silver highlights.

Clone Trooper
well I would love to have a sabor but i am a clone nothing more I protect the peace and defend the Universe

Clone Trooper
I would love to see the wokies computer animated i think that htye would look better

Lyn
Yeah but like Yerssot said, hair would be very hard.

Hypernova
They did Yoda's hair pretty well laughing out loud

yerssot
fairly

Lyn
laughing

LanceWindu
A CGI wookiee would look like crap, unless it was a far away shot. It would look too cartoony.

Lyn
Yeah...they should just use the REAL Chewie.

LanceWindu
That's what they're doing.

Lyn
Good happy

Doohass
I think if there's a big fight with them, they'll use like 20 or so real ones and the rest in the background will be CGI. Unless they make a ton of costumes...That would take forever.

mephistodesigns
I wonder if the Wookiees are siding with the Separatists. They don't strike me as the type to appreciate beaurocricy. Maybe thats how they meet Chewie, he's taken captive or something. That would fit nicely into the backstory to how Han met him later on. THAT would be a cool twist. This won't make the wookiees bad either.

Clone Trooper
Well you can't be so sure about that now can we,,,,

Lyn
It's a good idea mephisto thumb up
But you're right CT...GL could throw us anything...

yerssot
officially, his background is unknown

and the groundbattle on kashyyyk is currently cancelled from shooting, so not sure if they will expend on the idea of siding with someone

Hypernova
On the Wookies costume bit, PM said that he travelled to and from Aus for the Costume fitting (He said it felt the same but the colour is slightly different - he said bear in mind that Chewie is younger in Ep III).

I would also agree that for the close shots it'll probably be real but for the wide shots, perhaps CG.

Clone Trooper
Well yes ofcourse but they will still have the battles on Kashyyyk. I have read some were that they toke a break from it to film the edning becasue they needed to film that first

Lyn
Well, referring to what you said Hypernova...I realise they need to make him younger--hopefully they wont make him too different. I've never seen another wookie (like aside from Chewie).

Cowboyography
CGI Sucks......Ruined the new episodes and ruined the old episodes with that new CGI crap inserted. CGI looks so fake, I hate it!!!
rumor has it that the new Indy film will have no CGI in it tocapture the feel of the old ones.

Rogue Jedi
wookkies have different colors to their coats. some have grey, some brown, some a light brown tannish color. some mixed.

mephistodesigns
If Pixar's hair program they used on that blue monster Sully in Monster's Inc is any indication, ILM should have no trouble replicating hair in a realistic fashion, especially if used in distance shots.
And as for CGI sucking, Cowboy, I think the CGI in Clones was friggin' awesome. There were never any real physical clonetroopers and they all looked real except for the reflective lighting on their visors. Yoda looked incredible, the level of detail in regenerating some of his older movements was spectacular if you pay attention. And Dooku was almost comletely CGI in his fight scenes, especially with Yoda. I'll admit, CGI doesn't work in all instances, but when it does, it certainly beats an alien in a latex mask with very limited and unrealistic movements. I wish they'd make the rancor CGI so I don't have to see that hard line around Luke whenever he's spliced with the stop motion. Now, on things like ships or something in the area of an AT-AT or AT-ST, I still think the models look better, but their movement is limited. And I don't mind the CGI characters, I think Watto is very nicely done, the movement of his jowls, the skin color, his wing flap, he's very well put together. Something you could never achieve to THAT LEVEL of realism with a model/puppet. Watch the special features on ILM on Ep I and II and on some of the Jurassic Park DVD's and you'll see how much work goes into CGI. Those guys are real artists.

Clone Trooper
Well pixar doesent do SW graphics it is ILM that deos it and they are really good and hope that they will incorporate the wokies hair specail effects really good

Clone Trooper
yes i know

mephistodesigns
did you even read what I wrote?

"If Pixar's hair program they used on that blue monster Sully in Monster's Inc is any indication, ILM should have no trouble replicating hair in a realistic fashion"

Everybody knows ILM does SW effects. I'm purposefully taking my career in a direction that may lead me into one of their departments eventually. I was making the point that if an animation house can make that good a program, ILM should be able to blow it away, IE-"have no trouble replicating hair in a realistic fashion".
Before you try to correct people, read what they wrote. ILM is the best effects company, everybody strives to be like them. They won't have any trouble with CGI wookiees.

Clone Trooper
Dude no needing to getmad I wasnn't even talking about your post man damn don't gotta get a Saber stuck up your @$$ over it I was repliing to some one else in thr thread okay. And i know ILM is the best I WORK for them DUH

mephistodesigns
okay, sounded like it. i'm the only one who said pixar wasn't I?
Oh well, doesn't matter. Its cool.

Lyn
Work for them??? confused

mephistodesigns
what? i'm confused...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.