Matrix 1 proves the real world is fake?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EyeMakeMovies
ok, i was just watching the scene from matrix 1 when morph. is explaining to neo the matrix and everything. how does he "load up" the real world when he says "welcome, to the desert of the real"? that makes absolutely no sense unless the real world is fake...

burlyman
morpheus and people have seen it, so they can create a contruct just like it, for showing new minds

JediHDM
yeah, its just a sim to show what it looks like, without taking him there...too risky

Crash_Overload
DUDE!! They Re-built the WTC!!! (i know i know....)

JediHDM
what is the WTC?

Crash_Overload
Your from the us right? World Trade Center. They still use it in the machine world, as power.

JediHDM
WHERE?!?!?! Yeah, im from the States, but i never saw the WTC in the movies...i guess i better go back and look...

Crash_Overload

xemir
lol thats not the wtc. But During the real world construct program they show New York City in ruins and the world trade center.

JediHDM
Thats not the WTC...its just spires, like all the other spires off in the distance...

Crash_Overload
Meh, All I ever got to see of the WTC was a big hole........ (no offence)

JediHDM
none taken...but, in the "real world", they show all those buildings ripped open, and still standing, but, as i know about the WTC, at least, the building cannot stand without the body intact...the whole thing is based on trusses, that form the floor, and basically hold the outside to the core...if the trusses give, or the body is broken, the whole thing comes down...thats why the building fell, after staying up so long...the heat caused the joints to heat up, weakening them, and as soon as one floor gave, the building had enough momentum to fall the rest of the way...so sad, that the buildings fell b/c people wanted to build taller, faster, than anyone else...

Kes
Actually I read that the towers would (theoretical) have sustain the plane 1 nr bellow or something like that.

Kes
On topic..its just a computer program. Like the women in the red dress.

joeboy
Jedi is right, the heat is wa did the tower in. A year before the wtc accident, my old boss demostrated the way heat would bring down most towers. It was a program he wrote as part of his thesis in college

joeboy
But the the twin tower are in the original movie, when morpheus pases out the pills.

JediHDM
because the movies were made in 1999, 2 years before the attacks happened...

Sifer
Who gives a **** if it's in it or not.

Kes
But wasnt the movie shot in New Zeland?
Did put the towers on pourpose?blink

Sifer
It was shot in Sydney

Kes
Oh yeh right. NZ was LOTR roll eyes (sarcastic)
Still why did they put the WTC there?

Sifer
Because it was one of the tallest buildings in the world?

Sifer
No, seriously, who gives a ****?

joeboy
It was a new york icon. And new york is the #1 city in the usa. At least in the eyes of the media.

JediHDM
New york is one of the MOST powerful cities in the world (yes, i said it, world, not country...) and if you show that NEW YORK has fallen, been toppled, then...of course, it was kinda sad that something similar happened two years later...

joeboy
what happen two years later, are you talkin about IRAQ.

burlyman
roll eyes (sarcastic) IRAQ happened in NEW YORK?

JediHDM
TWO YEARS AFTER MATRIX CAME OUT...NOT AFTER WTC...*grumble*

joeboy
oh, was it also destryoye in armegedon. I cant remember if it was also Independance day.

Kes
Well but someone said that the buildings can be seen when Morph gives Neo the pills. Not when they show the earth destroyed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.