Golden tentacles and glowing corridor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega

droopy1592
I think that's what appears to him with his "advanced" vision. You know, looking past the flesh and the metal, maybe machine AI "has" a spirit also.

The orange hallway is what appears to him as he walks into the joint.

-=Urot=-
Could it be the corridor to the source?? That shot may be after he defeats the Smith Virus. Remember Neo didnt choose the door the the left when he was at the arc's place. So we really dont know what the source looks like.

Just some food for thought.

Crash_Overload
I still think this: The Orange And all is how he "sense" his surrondings, how he sees it. Ever See "daredevil"? The Grey Images is how he perceives his soroundings, Neo is That orange blur. But We also see Smith, We beleive he is in flames, but what if it is just how Neo "sees" him in the matrix, now?

-=Urot=-
So are you saying that since Neo has been upgraded (so to speak) he now has the ability to see the Matrix in a whole new way?

If that is the case, Neo would be superior to even the Programs.

This line of thinking would suggest that the MWAM would be true.

Crash_Overload
mmmm not nessesairly. He could still be superoir WITHIN the matrix, but I highly doupt the upgrade part.

The Omega

The Omega
Okay, I need to screen-dump from the trailer. Anyone proficient in that?

rysdigital
/me raises hand. what do you want dumped?

rysdigital
figured u'd want these 2:

rysdigital
and:

The Omega
Rys> Thank you! You read my mind smile (OR first post)

SimplePriest, JediHDM, Sifer, Urot, Gabe, Rys, (the rest of the usual suspects)>

The two pictures above: What? Where? How? Why? Any clue?

rysdigital
hehe cool

rysdigital
i'll snap another one of the tentacles thing, it happens kind of quick, so it's probably best if there's a couple of pics of it.

they seem to surround him:

zaonce
these looks like serpah codes...
these are not matrix codes...
these must be some other kind of "matrix"..but also from machines world...
-but did seraph an oracle has same kind of code?
-in M1 oracle gives a neo a cookie, in MR she offers him a red candy...???

(sorry for my broken english)

JediHDM
Well, the thought that the Sentinel and the hovercraft scene were related, as we see a Sentinel go through the glass of the hovercraft, then we see neo with arms out being gone through by sentinel thing, but i dont think they are related, because there isn't a ship in the sentinel shot...so...i dunno, i'll contact Zion, see if i can obtain any info...Out.

Sifer
My personal opinion is that it is their essence - in other words, their soul smile - Read Plotinus big grin

SimplePriest
I think that it still May be the sentinel crashing through the window. But that's because I think his orange vision is like that in Daredevil. He sees things related to the machines. Hence, he can see the squiddy, but he doesn't see the ship (because it's not part of the machine world).
Also, if you look down by his waist (when you're playing the clip) it looks as if he has his lap belt on. I'll have to look again to see if you can see shoulder straps....

The Omega

tshirt
I think the first show (Neo walking down the hall) is simply the hallway to where the Speak Machine is located. The golden glow is either effects to make it look cool, or it is the way the Speak Machine sees things.

The second one - tenticles? Seems to me this is either an attack on Neo, or him letting something (Speak Machine? Source? Matrix?) take the code that he carries, to avoid a system crash. (Probably happens after Neo kills Smith.)

must_kill_Santa
no idea

joeboy
i think they are merging. That was what i saw.

Dryden
instead of making copies of neo and leaving one in the matrix, just look at it from a client/program view.

In the beginning Neo was a program in the matrix, and eventually he is seperating himself from the "program" of himself in the matrix and more or less becoming a USER of this program from outside the matrix.

Perhaps he is jacked into the matrix with more than one connection....his sight...and the "program" neo within the matrix.

this would allow him to see things that the neo within the matrix cannot, yet still use the neo inside the matrix for whatever purpose.

Kind of like he broke out of not only the matrix, but the program shell "neo" the matrix made for him.

happy kine
i believe the trailers are designed to lead you down the wrong path, but what a fun path this is.... i've been looking through this matrix stuff for a few months now and there have been some very interesting theories.... i have a few of my own... when the reloaded comes out on dvd, and i've watched it again, i should by then have formulated my opinion on the outcome of revolutions..........

as far as the light that engulfs neo... i'm thinking teh speak machine is either assimilating his code or upgrading it for the smith fight... if neo can be in two places at once (one in matrix and one in real world) maybe while he is fighting smith he is also at the speak machine and he will pull a hulk hogan... by that, i mean smith will be kicking neo's ass and neo will look wore down and tired and looking to get beat... (wasn't there a pic from a trailer that showed smith lifting neo in the air by his neck?) then the speak machine gives him some extra cool software that enables him to destroy a stupefied smith.... but that would be average movie fodder... hero is about to get destroyed then with a miraculous intervention he is saved. i would not apply occom's razor to this movie. so i don't think what i said will happen.

The Omega

clarinetist
Couldn't be Neo letting a sentinal pass right through him? In the trailer, right before they show it a sentinal is about to hit the ship. It might be a new power of his, or it might not.

droopy1592
If you look at the trailer though, the Oracle's code is not golden or orange, it's green (when smith is assimilating her).

I think Seraph is truly a firewall or something even more special.

Sifer
You think the machines have been sitting around not trying to improve themselves over the past 1000 years or however long it has been. Hrmm upgrades big grin

bigempty
here's my shot in the dark: speak-machine has no choice but to side with Neo and grant him his demands (upgrades, powers, whatever...) because it appears Smith's powers are exponentially increasing. Matrix and Zion are at a temporary cease-fire or truce but Smith has control of the squiddies and the attack on Zion still goes.
My guess is this or that speak-machine is merely helping Neo escape the Mero's chokehold.

icon
I think the Thing going thru neo is his code of being the one is stripped, after killing smith, while hes at the source. Then he walks down the orange hallway to his "exit" or whatnot and goes home.

EyeMakeMovies
i made the first screenshot into a background... i think its when neo is "between the two worlds" a link to the site with that background and some others should be in my signature..

The Omega
Sifer> What would a machine. logically speaking, want with a "soul"?

JediHDM
yeah, thats what i was wondering...to make it more human, but wouldn't they logically assume that a soul is a hindrance, rather than a help?!

The Omega

JediHDM
It is now...BUt we CAN assume that, after watching 2nd Renaissance I & II

The Omega

Sifer
Did I say they want to become each other...NO. I said, they want to co-exist peacefully. So again, you failed to read it properly. Also, I didn't disagree with the child, I said she is unique, the first of it's kind: An AI which is capable of being loved and being able to love. The One/Neo I feel, represents all species in body. He is the "man-in-the-middle" so to speak smile

burlyman
to lighten the mood in here... big grin

Hamann and The Oracle should settle down on Banana Island, open a cookie shop, and live happily ever after
Happy Dance

The Omega

Sifer
Well they were apparently endowed with the spirit of man and lemme think. What is "spirit" according to the dictionary? Oh thats right, one of it's multiple meanings is it's "Soul". How very ironic.

Sifer
Unless of course we endowed them with alcohol.

SimplePriest
whistle *steps back and lets sifer and omega go at it*

JediHDM
Simple> Yeah, me too, i would jump in, but im afraid i would be killed by the cross fire alone...

Myndon
Isn't that Smith that Neo sees inside of that Bane guy or whatever he's called cause on the trailer the scene with Bane with all the black stuff around his mouth is followed by the flaming smith so i assumed that Neo was seeing for the first time that smith was inside him

tshirt
This makes sense, and is the best explanation i have heard so far.

The Omega

Sifer
Well, what if in The Matrix, it isn't figuratively speaking and is really fact? I mean, even the Oracle confirms we have a soul (in movie terms of course :P):

"I'm sorry kiddo, you've got a good soul, and I hate giving good people, bad news."

What if we didn't intentionally stick it in them (that sounded bad big grin), but instead, from creating a new life-form a new soul is born. The machines could have figured this out and use it...possibly.

Oh, and I always get riled up in debate...something you'll have to put up with...LOL

burlyman
ghost in the shell

Sifer
Indeed Burlyman - A Digital Self (Ghost) and the Shell (Flesh or Machine - doesn't matter)

Jezrah
The golden corridor might signify Buddha's Golden Path.

The Omega

Jezrah
Let's think about what else looks golden. There is Seraph, who is the only one we see in Reloaded. From what Neo says, the Oracle looks that way too. We must assume the Merovingian does. Basically, all the exiles. They've unhooked from the Matrix and are now different than the regular green code. In the trailer we see that Smith/Bane looks that way as well, and we see the sentinel that crashes into the ship and goes (through?) Neo does too. The sentinel might be the most interesting one of the bunch because that is the only one that is a physical entity in the "real" world (Neo doesn't see Bane, he sees the Smith inside him). That might be the evidence we need to argue that the golden stuff that Neo sees is the code for the "real" world, which is probably a higher order of Matrix (created by God, or whatever). Neo has progressed to a level where he can now see the code for the real world the way he sees it in the Matrix, and the exiles appear differently than the rest of the Matrix because they have moved beyond their original programming and have risen to the next level of existence. They are essentially human from a spiritual standpoint.

And I might argue that this transformation has more to do with his choice at the end of Reloaded (he is the only One to choose not to save Zion and protect the Matrix) because it is at the end of that the he takes his first tentative steps into becoming the One in the real world just like he did in the Matrix in the first film. His physical blindness probably also will play a role. I'm guessing that happens when he fights Bane (just after Smith tells him to look beyond the flesh--which Neo then does). His new vision will be the only one he has left.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.