New Bar Construction Site

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

queeq
OK, the Coruscant Bar will be closing soon. It's been abused a bit lately and the damages are too big. Soon we'll open "queeq's Death Star Diner" with many thanks to Ushgarak. You can leave your suggestions here.

Thank you for understanding.

The Manager.

Ushgarak
This is a GREAT idea, because any attack on that place would be a futile gesture.

We will need:

Quarters for EVERYONE.

A research room for Edna
A liaison office for myself
A link to the mess deck for Gundy
A self-powered bar for Finti
A reception area where phinney and co can check out clientle

And on one floor...

queeq
Yes, the diner and all it's different sections will comprise of one entire floor on the Death Star: the middle one. *python wink*

I was thinking of having a big fishtank at the entrance where everyone has to swim through to get in. Bit of a reminder of the illustrious Underwater Tavern.

Ushgarak
Ok... fifty thousand miles of carpet, and a sound system that can be heard on a bar on the floor of something the size of a small moon...

Ushgarak
Big fishtank... how much water?

There MAY be a small problem... apparently all the lights will go out whenever it fires... though I doubt they will ever need to fire the bloody thing.

Dim
How bout a black light disco ball? And get those cave fish so they glow in the dark.

Ushgarak
The Death Star IS a nightmare when the lights go out... no sun at all, of course...

queeq
We should have an emergency generator, like....errrm..... two hundred Gungans in a tredmill. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Maybe Edna can help?

queeq
With her magic light show?

ratcat
OK, this is all getting a little surreal...

But I like the fish tank idea.

Ushgarak
More ideas, gents!

Dim
How bout giant marionettes on the walls?

Ushgarak
Why not? Just leave room for the Imperial decals...

Edna_witch
How about once a week having an anti-grav night! That would be cool!

Ushgarak
I'm not entirely certain how gravity works on the DS... though juding by the films... yes, we should be able to turn off gravity on one floor. It's alright for those of us with broomsticks though, isn't it?

ratcat
Dim, yopu offering to put them up with you hammer?

Dim
Hey! That's a good Idea!!!
*run and gets her hammer*

ratcat
Just as long as you don't want them straight!!!

Ushgarak
Uh-oh...what's this...?

ratcat
Well, she'd probably be to busy yacking on the phone and to quote Bruce Willing in Armagedon, do a Piss Poor job of putting iot together!

Ushgarak
Well, you know... Proper Prior Preperation...

ratcat
This is Dim we're talking about... She doesn't plan, she doesn't rush, she doesn't understand most of the time...

Ushgarak
This is not quite the endless praise I was expecting...

ratcat
Yeah, but in the final analysis, none of that matters. big grin

Ushgarak
Ah... words from the wise there, I assume...

ratcat
I like to think so.... laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Then I shall listen...

ratcat
Nah, just be a waste of 10 minutes of your life. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
I refuse to believe that from a Council Member...

Ushgarak
There, see?

ratcat
Well, there ya have it....

queeq
This bickering is pointless.

*writes down: anti-grav night, marionettes on the walls*

Okay, so RC, any luminous ideas or do you propose a Mock-Dim-Night?

I was thinking of having some Rancors in cages here and there in the Diner. Just for fun to look at and throw food at.

ratcat
How about a games room. Being in galactic space means there's gonna be no anti-gambling legislation. Sabbac tables are a must, maybe I can win myself a antique YT-1300...

queeq
Good call. *writes down Sabacc tables..... 200 hundred of them*

We'll have Wookiee Wrestling Fun every wednesday. Not that you'll be able to distuingish what day it is or what time. We'll tell you. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
I think we should have a room where we can hail the Emperor...

And an escape chute somewhere... just in case the bloody place has a tiny weakness, or something...

Edna_witch
Um queeq! I hope when you say Rancors, you mean young not fully grown Rancors like the one Jabba had. Because adult Rancors are rather well sort of bloody enormous really! I should know. I grew up on a planet full of the lovely things!

Ushgarak
I'm getting the guidebook to that planet one day...

Dim
Hmph!..I understand juuuuuuuuuust fine thank you! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Edna_witch
Of course we did use the rancors for labour. They were graet for transport on our terain! I could train them to perform I guess for more entertainment if you want queeq! I always had a way with them back home!

Ushgarak
I'm still nervous about more imports from a planet full of nutty Dark Side hags, though.

Edna_witch
Hey we are not all nutty! Thats just me! But we certainly arent all users of the dark side. Gethzerions clan is long gone! And Hag? How dare you?

Ushgarak
Come on, Gethy what's her faces group were all hags...

Edna_witch
No they were nightsisters. There is a difference! Do not insult my people Ush! I mean it!

Ushgarak
I bet that's what Han thought...

Edna_witch
Look Ush Im warning you! You might just push me over the edge in a minute! I might end up......displaying excessive and incredibly overblown patriotism! I mean it! Insult the world and you insult the witch! And you really dont wanna do that!

Ushgarak
I;m sorry, just testing the water, I am a Jedi Knight, of course, and so I think ill of no-one...

They WERE incredibly evil though. And if they were so great, how come Luke wiped them out?

Edna_witch
Because Gethzerion underestimated him! Like evryone does!

Ushgarak
What, golden boy! Don't make me laugh, he's the luckiest ******* alive... the man was always a prat...

Edna_witch
He was kinda whiney in ANH then in ESB he was ok but in ROTJ he was just cocky!

Ushgarak
Good pilot, I'll give him that. But the brains of a child... the Emperor's plan was too complex. If he had dangled a cupcake in front of Luke and said

"Look! Cupcake! Join the Dark Side and you can have the cupcake!"

Then Luke would have just gone

"Ooh! Cupcake!" and that would have been it.

Edna_witch
Ooh well arent we mr cynical tonight?

Ushgarak
And probably every night. But he is NOT my role-model.

Edna_witch
Never said he was!

Ushgarak
I know, I was just re-iterating the point because it is so important...

Little gimp...

Edna_witch
Gimp? A piece of cord surrounded by silk?

ratcat
What was the question again? Oh yes, features for the new bar.

How about a giant aquarium featuring sea life from Naboo, Mon Calamri and other water worlds?

Gundark
Excellent suggestion, RC ! I really miss the underwater delights of the old place. We could hand feed the baby gooberfish. Hehehe.

Whilst I have been accused of going off topic on several occasions, I must say Ush and Edna take the cake right out of chaos and mayhem's hands ! Do try a chat room, you two ! Or at least a hotel room !!!
laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Gundy! How COULD you! And I trusted you as well... to go all RC on me like that...

Gundark
Ah, I'm just teasing ya, Ush....I haven't posted for two whole days, I've got a lot of mayhem to create ya know....hehehe.

ratcat
I have some experience with aquaria, having had a few tanks when I was younger, and being fed to a goober fish once as well.

Gundark
I had a couple fish tanks too. I really liked them but they are a lot of work. The aquarium Tommy had when he moved got cracked so I keep my new guinea pigs in it now. Its about a 30 gallon I guess. The pigs are Maggie and Pepper and they are soooooooooooo cute !!!!

ratcat
I used to have hamsters, can we have Tatooine Hamsters, the're not much bigger than Womp Rats....

Edna_witch
You have pigs? Oh Im so jealous! I want a pig and I also want a cow! Call me strange but I have always like farm animals much more then domestic animals!

queeq
So what do you turn them into, Edna? Princes, kings, dukes? laughing out loud

Well, we already have an aquarium as an entrance. The rancors are supposed to be adults of course. The place is so big, baby-Rancors would look downright silly.

Oh, if you want something special for your office, please let me know. I'm having a full blown baseball stadium in mine.

Edna_witch
Well since you ask. An srburetum would be nice! I like the trees! Miss my homeworld!

Gundark
Just don't forget the skeleton closet, queeq-darling.... evil face

Edna, thats GUINEA pigs not regular pigs. I don't think I could keep Old Bossie in an aquarium ya know. Hehehe. laughing out loud

queeq
I guess that's arburetum. You want trees? You get a whole forest. You guys have no idea how big these offices are, now do you? laughing out loud

As for the closet, that was the first thing in of course. Conveniently located for the two of us, of course. And the closet is the only thing that has not become bigger. *wink* laughing out loud

Gundark
Yikes ! (Runs for crutches). For those dangerous things I keep telling RC about, of course. laughing out loud

queeq
Why RC? He has no authority in my bars, he's not staff. All he has is a huge tab. Bigger than usual, like the rest. laughing out loud

Edna_witch
Well in that case can I have cows and pigs in my forest too? Norways's finest of course! Or would they not pass the quarantine rules?

Gundark
Well you know RC's mind is constantly in the gutter.... laughing out loud

queeq
There are no gutters on the DS.

*writes down Norwegians cows*

Can't do the pigs. Unclean. How about horses? laughing out loud

Edna_witch
Sorry im allergic to horses. Brings out my asthma and my hayfever. Which means I cant breath and I cant see and it is extrememly painful. Couldnt i have just a teeny weeny weeny little piglet! I'll keep him clean I promise! You wont even know he's there!

queeq
Sorry dear. Imp regulations. Never heard of the "Jews in Space"? laughing out loud

ratcat
You can't get hayfever from a horse.... Maybe you mean hayfever like symptoms. Unless it's those rare, pollen producing horses. laughing out loud

You must be drunk if you think that imaginary tab is ever gonna get paid...

queeq
I am perfectly sober, that's why I KNOW that genuine tab's not going to be paid. But it helps when you're not behaving. Although you don't seem to be bothered by having such a huge tab, Imps are sensitive to that kind of thing. So you better behave.

And if Edna doesn't want horses, she's not getting them. Period.

ratcat
OH dear, rather antagonistic talk there. You'll get your licence revoked. laughing out loud

Can have the proprietrer beating up the guests.

Ushgarak
Well, there go my horse-riding holiday plans...

We need secret compartments to hide lightsabres in.

ratcat
*Orbits Coruscant with half a docking arm hanging from the side of Jadesfire*

queeq
I'll be punching in your coordinates and clearance codes when I reach the DS.

Ushgarak
If Edna doesn't get back on-site soon I'm going to be stuck in the old place...

ratcat
*crackle* Wow! I never knew how pretty Coruscant was on the night side *crackle*

queeq
Okay, now that the bar is open, we still have a few posts remaining for suggestions now that you have all seen the place. The construction people are still around, so we can have a few additions or alterations.

Ushgarak
A quietly pleasing private booth for two would be nice...

ratcat
Sound proof too.

queeq
Obviously you haven't seen the size of your and Edna's office. There's plenty of room to build a thousand cubicles. And Edna has a forest... wink

Ushgarak
Sweet!

I need a Jedi training course then.

queeq
*writes down: Jedi training course extra large*

It'll be finished when you arrive.

Ushgarak
IF I arrive...

EDNA!!!!!

queeq
If you build it she will come...

Ushgarak
Huh? Build what?

phinney6
How about some rooms upstairs, so if people get to wasted, they can sleep off the night. Also i will continue to serve you queeq

Ushgarak
Woo-hoo! Phinney is back!

But build WHAT?

phinney6
An upstairs inn, for people who get to drunk and cant go home.

queeq
We have no upstairs. We only have one floor: the middle one. But it's pretty big. We can have some rooms on the other side, we may need transports to move these people there.

If you build it, she will come....

ratcat
I want them to stop looking to me for answers, begging me to speak again, write again, be a leader. I want them to start thinking for themselves. I want my privacy!

Ushgarak
Ah...er...bu...

What?

ratcat
Well, I like to quote the less common quotes. wink

Ushgarak
Right-oh...

Edna_witch
Hang on! Me and Ush are sgaring an office? When did I agree to that? Hey! I need privacy in my forest!

Ushgarak
Did he say we're sharing? You're right, that wouldn't work at ALL!

ratcat
Well, with the size of the offices you could each take a side and never see each other... cool

Ushgarak
It's the principle of the thing!

Gundark
Unfortunately queeq has no principles, so you are all lost.

ratcat
OK, so where you hiding. We thought you'd been crushed under a 1000 gallons of Gungan Ale.

Ushgarak
I demand to not share an office with Edna!

How on earth did THIS happen?

Gundark
Who ? Me ? Crushed ?

queeq
Nobody's sharing anything. Except for the occasional closet. laughing out loud

Anyway, the bar's past construction. For more ideas just post them in the Diner.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.