Lord of the

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
...........Flies
I hate this book with a passion............
I find it so boring and pointless and our pompous english teacher is making us do it for novel studies mad

Ushgarak
Sigh... it is one of the greatest books of all time. You just are not making an effort to understand it.

badkittykitty
I did read the book,I watched the movie heard it was a good adaptation of the book and I thought it was awesome!

LilMimister006
omg!!! i remember reading that book my freshman year...omg it was sooooooooooo dull (in my opinion) (no offense ush)

silver_tears
meh too much work stick out tongue
and so far he gives us question for the chapters like 10 for each chapter and i have to do mine and danas cuz shes such a doofus
theres too many hidden meanings everywhere stick out tongue

LindsIsTightK
My friend read that book, said it was terrible. So did my Grandma, Mother, and my Aunt. I have never read it, but I am sure that I will. And from what I hear about it, I'm sure that I won't like it.

silver_tears
although i am looking forward to watching the film big grin

LilMimister006
we watched the movie after reading the book in english class...i took that time as sleep time stick out tongue

LanceWindu
Never read it.

Ushgarak
William Golding won a Nobel Prize for it!

It is a very powerful work- and too short to be truly boring. It's damn easy to study.

silver_tears
bah humbug stick out tongue

Captain REX
I need to read it, but it has cannibalism! It must be good! big grin

silver_tears
it does not stick out tongue

Captain REX
Ah, man...

silver_tears
but there is plenty of murder and mayhem yes

LilMimister006
*looks at lord of the flies book in drawer-o-mess, haha i doodled and drew all over the title pages..angel

silver_tears
i wanna burn mine whistle

BackFire349
its a great book, loved reading it in class...also catcher in the rye is great. read them both in my senior year of high school, thought they were both one of the best books ever.

LilMimister006
haha me and my friends were talking about doing that when we finished reading the book..didnt end up doing it though lol

Captain REX
You must be a book-burner, SilverTears...creepy!

Murder and mayhem, eh? Fits me just fine. evil face

LilMimister006
my favorite book that i've read for an english class would have to be "the ousiders" , i loved that book in 8th grade (we were forced to read it..and i loved it... and i optionally read it again for an 'independent reading' book report thing freshman year.

silver_tears
im not a book burner but i can make an exception angel

Captain REX
laughing out loud

silver_tears
and this book deserves it evil face

Mist
we read that book this year in fact! about march - april sometime. pretty boring at start, but cool at the end. i kinda wanna see the movie.

ChinaNiki
saw the movie
never read the book

BackFire349
great book, i dont like reading but i thurougly enjoyed it.

Tired Hiker
My friends saw the movie in the theater and were the only guys to laughed when the fat kid died.

Nivvy
Not read it.

( * Usually used her Novel Books in English as a Pillow as oppose to the hard desk surface * )

frootlooplucy
ive read it, i liked it. it was kinda creepy... but i liked it.

silver_tears
man its getting a little more interesting but still a snore fest stick out tongue

Thorinn
Never read it.

Mišt
Originally posted by Thorinn
Never read it.

Nice bump13

Originally posted by LilMimister006
my favorite book that i've read for an english class would have to be "the ousiders" , i loved that book in 8th grade (we were forced to read it..and i loved it... and i optionally read it again for an 'independent reading' book report thing freshman year.

I miss Mimisadwalk

Thorinn
Thanks. 31

Mišt
Welcum 13

Thorinn
dunt...jus....plulz...dunt. 13

Bardock42
Originally posted by silver_tears
...........Flies
I find it so boring and pointless and our pompous english teacher is making us do it for novel studies mad Originally posted by Ushgarak
Sigh... it is one of the greatest books of all time. You just are not making an effort to understand it.

He said it. BAM. Right there. He is spot on too.

Mišt
Originally posted by Thorinn
dunt...jus....plulz...dunt. 13

But....I...oh plulz jus this wunce31

Originally posted by Bardock42
He said it. BAM. Right there. He is spot on too.
Pssh its Irene, 'nuff said31

Strangelove
That was definitely just a 3 year-old bump there no expression

Bardock42
Was Irene hot back then?

Strangelove
hmm I believe so, but that might be my own memory making up for her failings

Mišt
Originally posted by Bardock42
Was Irene hot back then?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=3430410

ermmhappy

Strangelove

Bardock42

Thorinn

Naz
...........Flies
I find it so boring and pointless and our pompous english teacher is making us do it for novel studies mad

I hated it also.

Council#13
...........Flies

ermm I liked the book.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Naz
I hated it also. oh it's a great book

Mišt
Is it the one where the kids get stranded on an island or something?hmm

Council#13

Strangelove
Originally posted by Council#13
Yeah. But it's not your turn to speak. I've got the conch. *steals the conch* Sucks to your ass-mar

Council#13
Originally posted by Strangelove
*steals the conch* Sucks to your ass-mar

My ass-mar! cry

Mišt
Originally posted by Council#13
My ass-mar! cry

*takes conch*
Silencemad You didnt have the conchmad

Council#13

Mišt
*breaks conch* Now nobody can talknahuh

Council#13

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.