Evanscene

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Laviera_j
nyone like evanescance or things like that??

Anarion
Do you mean the band Evanescence? Sure, they're rad.

Nefertite
Yey! I love this music band because of the song "Bring me to life"
http://us.ent2.yimg.com/musicfinder.yahoo.com/images/yahoo/wind_up/evanescence/0403_evanescence_b.jpg

This song is wonderful! Happy Dance

Anarion
Their songs My Immortal and Going Under are also rad. cool

Baylin
Excellent band bought the cd stright away and hopefully going to see in October

DemonicGambit
I love Evanescene!! Infact I'm listenin' to their CD right now. My favorite songs are:

Tourniquet
Going Under
Whisper
Everybody's Fool
Going Under

In that order big grin

metamorphic
I like Evanescence the only bad thing about them is that there not that good live... pirate

VampirePrincess
Not a fan! Not much into the whole nu metal scene. Pretty much that includes them!

BOPRecruit 16
i like the group's new single: going under. also, i recently got their cd but haven't gotten a chance to listen to the whole thing. *good grief! i was hoping to see no more of that manga called fake! ack! must wash eyes before i get perverted thoughts!!!*

Nefertite
http://www.evanescence.com/band/photos/images/promophoto/amysolo1.jpg

Nefertite
http://www.evanescence.com/band/photos/images/promophoto/trees1.jpg

hayden's minx
They are just crap nu-metal hillybillies.

Korri
they are such wannabes

crazy_rock_chic
Evanescence rule!!!! Their album's really good rock

X-WOMen
She's one of the best female rock singers I know.

Killer
couldn't agree more

drumsgirl13
i love them. truely good.

wicker_man
Well i like there lead Singer

drumsgirl13
she's hot!

hayden's minx
erm - i don't find girls hot generally. The lad that sings in the 'bring me to life video' was kinda nice lookin but my friend pointed out that he's fat - so bad for him. They still suck as a band - i can't listen to their music anyway.

wicker_man
Actually the male singer in the song 'Bring Me to Life' is not actually from Evenescence he is in fact from a band called 12 stones.

Execation
And 12 Stones suck too. The only good thing about Evanescence is Amy, and only cos she's fit. And did anyone know that Evanescence means slowly fading? Quite fitting for a band that'll be forgotten by christmas.. bunny

Lacuna Coil are miles better than Evanescence. Buy their Comalies album and be astounded. Thank you and good night.

Phoenix
I ADORE EVANESCENCE!!! I've downloaded ALL their stuff off Kazaa...

My fave songs at the mo include....

Even In Death
Lies
October
Anywhere

and loads more i dont know the names of, cos i burnt them all to cd, so now only know them as track numbers!

Phoenix
who gives a BEEP if no-one else likes/remembers them by Xmas? I'll still love them!

Phoenix
I've loved evanescence for about a year now - anyone else a diehard fan, who didnt just join in when they got to number one?

mah
They suck monstrously. ...IMO of course.

Dexx
well that's why the song is titled: evanescense feat. paul McCoy
bring me to life is the only evanescense song that i like

RedQueen
Im with you, i think theyre songs r great my fave atm is
My Tourniquet!

LindsIsTightK
Actually another meaning for is unperceivable, or hard to perceive which could be translated as unique, individual, mysterious, one of a kind, so on and so forth just giving the message that they are a one of a kind band. I myself love Evanescence wink

Lady Ellie
Evanescence rulezz. Best songs: Going under, Imaginary and Bring me to life. big grin

Phoenix
Oh, I love that!! Theres also a really cool, remixy version available on kazaa!

Calinė
I love Evenescence!!!

The only bad thing about their new cd is that my sister and I bought it right before going to mexico and listened to it the whole time while we were down there so now whenever I listen to it, I want to go to Mexico again!!!!

Fallin Angel
I like evenescences , especially there song bring me to life

Phoenix
strangely, after hearing all their others, "Bring me to Life" is now my LEAST faveourite song... but i still like it!

BOPRecruit 16
is there a music video for "going under"?

fini
they're great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 rock

Execation
There is a video to Going Under, it features Amy standing on stage while the audience have demon faces, then she crowd dives, and ends up underwater surrounded by jelly fish... Erm, yeah... Still, worth seeing it for the whole wet-Amy theme... Tee hee...

BackFire349
im so sick of them.

Mercury
Does anybody like Evanesence? I'm completely obsessed with them right now.

fungrl515
Oh my gosh! How could anyone not like them! They are so great!!!

DeNiro
i like that one song but i havent heard ne other shit that she made but that song is great

daronisgod
Evanesence??? sick

wicker_man
I must admit i like Evanescence my taste in the genres of rock and metal vary from Black Sabbath to Blink 182.

Killer
uuuhhhh.. can't stand em

grymlock
evanescence is a great band it's remind me a band like Nightwish, Theatre of Tragedy (with Liv Kirsten), Anathema with a female vocal etc... cheers!!

Mujaffa
you can't like em---you gotta love em!!

CandyKoRn
I liked the sound at first, got boring real quick..

'specially considering their music is based around Christianity..

I'm not saying I don't like 'em for that reason, just I'm not a huge fan..

okay....hmm.

Evil Dead
I don't particularly care for them..............although my wife loves them and has their cd. Their sound just doesn't appeal to me. Okay.....the digital metal rock sound has all been done before and I like it.......but not with slow whiny vocals over top. It needs to be more upbeat like a song from Filter's "Short Bus" album or Nine Inch Nails' "Pretty Hate Machine" album.....................the sound is decent but the slow drawn out lyrics just turn me off and make me want to go to sleep.

BackFire349
they are a bad band. redundant at best.

Evil Dead
^ smart man ^

diegocala
They are too plastic. I think they suck and I turn the station everytime they come on. I can't stand my ears hearing that crap!

BackFire349
the chick is hot though.... but they are way over played, just like most bad music.

Evil Dead
check out some pics of that chick without her makeup on.............or even from a live concert.........you may not think her to be that hot. She does look good in photo shoots and magazines..........ofcourse the right highly paid makeup artists could make me look like Brad Pitt.

BackFire349
not me, all the make up in the world couldnt hide my horrible phsyical flaws stick out tongue but yeah, i know most of the "hottest" girls in the world like like diareea without make up. but as long as they wear make up, i dont care.

Evil Dead
I'm with you on that.............hell even if they take the makeup off all they have to do it turn around and turn out the lights.

BackFire349
yeah, their bodies dont change. still hot and doable.

b-ball_chick
ok i mite ave spelle dit wrong but ok sry but whu likes da band? one of ma fwend is like totaly crazy bout them, esoecially their WAKE ME Up song its gund YA! (downrite) but wat oda things is gud bout da band? big grin cool eek! laughing out loud laughing Happy Dance

Killer
english plz

lefty
It is english killer stick out tongue
I like 'tourniquette' or however its spelled and 'going under'
smile

b-ball_chick
ya gpin under is sooooooooooooooooooo gud! luv it sooo much n i luv her voice

movie_freak
Tourniquet , My Immortal , Bring me to Life & Hello are my favs

Isabelle
I love evanescence. I love the whole album. My fav songs are: My last breath,, Imaginary,, Taking over me,, Haunted,, My immortal,, Every bodies fool,, And Whisper

DemonicGambit
Good band, terrible live though erm

Martya
i think they are cool never really heard them that much though.....sad

grymlock
cool band... cheers mate!! beer

Killer
yeah.. well... grammer plz!

b-ball_chick
i luvvvvvvv them but they aint ma fav. somepple say dat they suck....well i dont they ROCK! ok wen is thier nxt album cumin.......?

GABRIEL05
WAKE ME UP.... was that a WHAM cover?

lil bitchiness
I perfer Lacuna Coil myself...i think Evenesence(sp) have ripped them off!

Killer
Lacuna Coil anyday!

BOPRecruit 16
has evanesense come out with a new music video yet after "back to life"?

dinyelle
yes they did make a new video after "bring me to life"..it was for the "going under" song..its a great music video..i really like it!! smile ..

lefty
I've not heard Lucna Coil sad

herbie
I havn't heard of Lacuna Coil either, are they a UK band? i'm always up for hearing new bands

dinyelle
lacuna coil is from italy i think???..their okay but i like evanescence better...smile

b-ball_chick
o r they gud? i neva heard of them either...!!?

Sheepz
Their ok, I like many other bands more then them though...I like "Imaginary" and "Fields of Innocence"

Tex
I totally hate Evanescence!thumb down

BackFire349
The girl is hot, their music is not.

drunk_nazgul
mad
If you guys hate Evanescence so much, why are you in this thread?!

My favorite songs are "My Immortal," "Going Under," and "Bring me to life."

Really cool music. And creepy, so Ghosty and I are gonna play it at our Halloween party.

BackFire349
we are in this thread so we can post that we dont liek them. pretty simple.

drunk_nazgul
Well, I'm an idiot, so you'll have to explain it sometime else. 'Least I can spell.

BackFire349
? what does spelling have to do with evenesence lack of talent?

drunk_nazgul
It might've had something to do with it, yet, alas, they are not lacking talent... smokin'

BackFire349
of course they are, like most bands out there, they have a very generic, simplistic, and over done sound. Much like nickelback and creed, they will be forgotten within a year.

Tex
That Evenesence lady is so totally NOT hotsick

She looks like a fat greasy liver sausagestick out tongue

Evenesence better save their money cause they were only a summer fad stick out tongue

BackFire349
that they are...that they are..

I still think the chick is hot. Guess i like that sausage look.

Alexiel023
I love Evanescence... I'm sorry I'm a little late with it, but I have been away....
I love both their cd's Origin and Fallen. Lies, My Immortal, Hello, Imaginary, etc, all great songs, but I love Tourniquet..... Amy Lee is original and she's cool, especially "going Under"

heaven's_a_lie
HELL YA...I AGREE WITH LIL BITCHINESS..LACUNA ALL THE WAY.. THEY HAVE WAY MORE TALENT THEN EVANESENSE EVER WILL ...EVANESENSE ISN'T UP TO STANDARD COMPARED TO LACUNA COIL..SARAH SCABBIA I LOVE YOU

heaven's_a_lie
UGH..EVAVNESENSE

lil bitchiness
AGREED! big grin

I think you should hear Lacuna Coil who hasnt already! Great GREAT vocals by lilo big grin and shes hoter than Amy if that should be a factor to people...
They play real goth music....they're great! big grin

sugarxen
don't mind the band...was kinda something new over here with all the pop that gets played *help me*
but origin was much better than fallen i agree who said that!? you star big grin
though i wouldn't mind checking out this Lacuna Coil....hum trip down to HMV sometime this week i think...

grymlock
Lacuna Coil?? well i better check it out... but anyway i still like evanescence and i saw them live once... and i like their show!

p/s:- still hoping to catch King Diamond/Mercyful Fate live show...

cheers mate!!

Syren
i love evanescence, and amy studt, but stacey orrico drives me mad!!

loserib
they are allright i do like lc batter but i think i will take my wife to se their show next month with seether

Paola
I like Lacuna Coil too!!! big grin
Are there some pics of Evanescence in the MDF???

julibug
I liked Evanescence when I first heard them. Then I heard them over and over and over and over, and got really really tired of them. There was a band about 10 years ago called Believer that had a similar sound but a little heavier. It was much more original then. Heavy guitars with strings & almost opratic female vocals over growly male vocals & some interesting loops & effects. Metallica did something similar, too, a few years back.

alic88
evanescence is awesome. bring me 2 life is an excellent song. so is the video. i have only heard 2 songs since there have only been 2 videos. going under is also a good song!

shojo_no_umi
At first, i didnt like Bring me to Life very much. My friend gave me a copy of the cd, but it took me about a month to listen to it.

Man, did i feel stupid after that.

I love the cd now!! I like pretty much every song, except Imaginary. I love the way Amy writes her lyrics. They sound so cool and real, like you are there experiencing everything there with her. smile

gothic222
evenescance rule i like amy lee she is ace

gcharlottepunk
I love them, and I love Amy. She's my girl!

loserib
did you know the guitarist left the band just recently wile they were on tour in the uk from what i read he just got on a plane and bailed back home to the states he did not even say anything to the rest of the band

saucybird007
Hell yeah!! what a great album!!

she is one talented girl! smile

Curl_Up&Dye
I really like the band, it's just too bad that they ended up being sucked into the Mtv madding crowd. She has a beautiful voice.

Corlindel
I really like her roll eyes (sarcastic) and her voice smile

About the band.... huh what band? stick out tongue

saucybird007
What do people think of the new song??
I really liked it when i heard it on the album smile

shadow link
everyone says they love bands coz of one great song like bring me to life

but one great song dont make a great band but im sure theuy have plenty of other great songs

i lik em coz the the closest to linkin park in a lot of ways
second best is good enough

loserib
there guitarist has for sure left the band and the a replacement has been picked but only for the remander of the tour the replacement is the guitarist from cold and on another note did you know she was dateing the lead singer of seether

stormsgreat
i love evanescence soo much! i went to their consert last week in london, and the replacment guitarist is really good. they are so amazing live! smile

EvilMonkey
First off all, all you nu metal haters I hate people like that. Oh, it's nu metal, it's mainstream, I cannot pollute my ears with this music. Jesus christ, listen to it first, then if you don't like it then say you don't like the sound of it. Do not say, well hmm it's nu metal, I do not want to listen to nu metal. I mean I don't like rap, but every once in a while I will admit to liking a rap song. Just because you don't like the genre of music doesn't mean you'll hate it.

And also she is gorgeous, the music is good, she has a powerful voice even tho I have also heard that they do suck live but they can practice on that. And tourniquet is my fav as well. I also downloaded an older cd of theirs that I did not know that existed that was before fallen. Not as good, but still some good songs.

Happy Dance It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!! Happy Dance

julibug
Tourniquet? As in Pathagenic Ocular Dissonence? Viento Borascoso? Stop the Bleeding? That Tourniquet? Or is there another I wasn't aware of? confused

lil bitchiness
I dont think they are that good to be honest...she does have an amazing voice, but they are a rip off of Lacuna Coil!

beaujay1
i dunno, but it seems to me that they are trying too hard to be different, stand out, and be rebellious. But, on the contrary, when somthing like them come up, it brings about a whole new idea to music, like they did.

in flames
amy has t good voice but the rest of the band are lame..lacuna coil,nightwish,tristania are way better!

lil bitchiness
Thank you!!! Lacuna Coil Kicks ass...so does Nightwish. Tristania are sooo alterantive..its great! big grin

in flames
cristina is hotter then amy! amy is cute and cristina is hot

love cristina love

lil bitchiness
Christina not only is she hotter, but has better voice....there was one picture with her and the rest of Lacuna Coil, and she had this dress on....she looked well nice big grinbig grinbig grin

in flames
she is beautifull!!! smile and her voice is so dreamy

in flames
hey lil bitcness its weird..we both like lacuna coil and i f*cking love MAYNARD James and i love the godfather ( well i like goodfellas more) and i love braveheart and i like most of the actors you like !

Babble Babble, B!tch B!tch, Rebel Rebel, Party Party
Sex, sex, sex, don't forget the violence
Blah, blah, blah
Got your lovey-dovey sad and lonely
Stick your stupid slogan in....

i love that song

Now This Is The NEWwwwwW Sh!t!!

my fav manson album is holywood and my fav tool album is aenima

what are your fav albums for both artists ?

in flames
bands*

EvilMonkey
My favorite tool albulm is also Aenima and my fav Marilyn Manson albulm is Mechanical Animals, I just love Coma White, uhh that song is great.

in flames
thats a great song! it shows that people who hate manson for his looks dont know shit about him..it has great lyircs!

lil bitchiness
big grin Excellent..this is so weird!!

Fave Manson Album has to be Hollywood...it just is!
Fave Tool album, for me is Laterlaus....big grin
Aenema is with out a doubt an amazing album....all tool is amazing...its tool!

in flames
have u heard thriteenth step ? great record!!!!

loserib
my fav manson record is anticrist superstar and for tool it would be Aenima

lil bitchiness
hmm...yeah...its good! thumb up

EvilMonkey
greatest song from thirteenth step is The Noose i love that song

in flames
this might sound weird but my fav song is vanishing i just love the lyrics to the song and the way its sung its kinda like the intro parabol

lil bitchiness
Hmm..i cant say i heard lots of stuff, but i know what you mean...one of my mates is obssessed roll eyes (sarcastic)

HannaBananabal
GASP! SHAME! I don't know you to say ANYTHING bad about anyone! confused

I personally think Evanescence is awesome!

lil bitchiness
They are ok, but when you listen to bands like Lacuna Coil, Nightwish and so on, Evenesence sound crap compared to them...no offence to anyone, but they are not very original, just more recognised! confused

in flames
its ironic when some people say evanescence are more talnted then lacuna coil,nightwish or tristania...evanescence ripped them off and plus they cant play there instruments!! its only amys voice that saves them and her voice is weak live.

they play crude amateur shit!!!!!!!

lil bitchiness
Yeah...shame!

Thats what my first post in here said..they ripped off all of those bands...and as a band who did rip off Lacuna Coil, and the Nightwish, hey should be ashamed of their videos!

*TaBY_bOOmer!
i love all of the songs!

total metalhead
i dont really like them. they've got a good sound, but they're tryin to appeal to the wrong audience. they want to be goth but their pure nu metal. and goths HATE nu metal, dont ask me why.

give me Static X, Tool or Mudvayne anyday.

in flames
evanscence are a lacuna coil,tristania,nightwish,within temptaion wannabes

they totaly lack on talent and they play there instruments like amtaures the only that saves them is amy's decent voice and she allso sucks live

i dont hate them or love them..dont much care for them but it piss's me to see some ignorant people comapre them to the great power metal bands i mentiond

lil bitchiness
^^^^^ All of the above!! thumb up

in flames
smile

TrAnCeDuO
i think evenessce is one of the most kick ass bands out there....the lead vocalist is fuggen hot and gothic(i wish i got some s&m from her)and my favorite songs are going under and my last breath....if you dont like them you must be one of those annoying underground band lovers.....in case you havent noticed those are so small theyll never stay alive...

Ikobe
Yawn. Evanescance = eye candy for poseur gotiques, personally.

AI.

Ikobe
Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
i think evenessce is one of the most kick ass bands out there....the lead vocalist is fuggen hot and gothic(i wish i got some s&m from her)and my favorite songs are going under and my last breath....if you dont like them you must be one of those annoying underground band lovers.....in case you havent noticed those are so small theyll never stay alive...

Oh, sorry, I replied but then I read this. Who the **** do you think you are? Honestly. What kind of musical dictator do you think you are? Anyway, laugh at you, apparently Amy and the lead guitarist had an argument and he's ****ed off somewhere in Europe because of her. So she's not all sunshine and rainbows HAHA. They were okay for all of two seconds but then I got bored of them, and I don't see what the big deal about 'My Immortal' is, either. I think it's a pile of shite. And there's a thing called correct spelling and punctuation and GENERAL RULES OF SENTENCE STRUCTURE I think you should learn. Secondly, a lot of really good bands started out as 'underground'; for a start we wouldn't have the Chilis (they started out playing in LA strip clubs and until Mother's Milk were nowhere at all near the status they have today).

So **** YOU, you anally retentive 'OMFG LISEN TO EVANESENC OR DIE!!11!!! 666 WTF???/??!' piece of shit.

Oh, and as for gothic, she wouldn't know gothic if it thwapped her round the face with a giant trout. If you think that's proper gothic then you need to go shoot yourself. No, wait, let me do that for you, I'd take the greatest pleasure from it.

AI.

TrAnCeDuO
i see you must be the noob around here...*extends hand for a handshake*i used to be just like you....i too used attack everyone instead of the topic.....soon you will learn that isnt the way to debate things....

Ikobe
Newbie? You're calling ME. A NEWBIE. Well excuse ****in' me. Have I suddenly entered some parallel universe where I'm a moron and you're not? I'm not debating, I'm right. How old are you anyway, 10? I don't see the point in arguing with pre-teens.

AI.

TrAnCeDuO
first of all i said you are a noobie not a newbie....know the difference
second of all....your right?did you ever consider the fact that you may be wrong?your very close minded
third of all i happen to be 16
you seriously must be the "angry one" around here

in flames
TrAbCeDuO i Respect your opinions but are you saying that Evanscence "Musicaly" are more talented then nightwish or lacuna coil or tristania or any power metal band out there ??? They Are Not!!! you know why ?? because they are not power metal..they are NU METAL "not that its bad" but they POSE like a power metal or a gothic band while they lack on the elements

and like i said before compared to alot of bands they ripp off They play there instruments like amatures!!!

lil bitchiness
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/jawdrop.gif Jonathan Davis...in your sig!!!! *dies*

in flames
why dose it upset you ????

lil bitchiness
It doesnt..Jonathan DAvis is...oh man, i cant find the words to describe how much im into KoRn...adn that picture kiss butt!! eek!

TrAnCeDuO
i agree with you inflames they are none of those genres that you listed but a combination of all.....kinda like linkin park^,^

in flames
a combination of ? they are plain nu metal with a singer that knows a few opera notes..Amy is a okay singer backed with lame musicans..plain and simple!

allthough i enjoy there song my immortal amy dose shine there

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>