Where Did Everybody Go?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-=Urot=-
I was just thinking If there are billions upon billions of humans in the matrix, are they all in 01?

If not could there be other human farms around the world?

Besides dying of starvation and exposure, would all the humans wake up in the same area.

If not could they be scattered all across the globe?

Example: You have a Mother, Father, Son, and Daughter.

What if they all woke up at the sametime.

The Mother could be in Japan, The father in Mexico, the son in Brazil, and the daughter in the London.

How would they get in contact with each other?

*** Remember Zion is the last human city. ***

Also when the Machines cultivate humans, do the fetuses have to match genetically with previous humans that were breed in that factory? Or could they cross breed with other farms and just make up your family based on your location within the matrix?

Example: You look like your mother and father, but genetically your not related. The Matrix makes you think you are?

JKozzy
Whoa.... that's really deep, not sure if I ever thought of it that way. That sounds quite possible, a real mind-blower if I do say so myself. Good job! smile

Ahhh that would suck if you woke up and couldn't find your girlfriend!! sad

JediHDM
Where Did Everybody Go?
I was just thinking If there are billions upon billions of humans in the matrix, are they all in 01?

If not could there be other human farms around the world?

Besides dying of starvation and exposure, would all the humans wake up in the same area.

If not could they be scattered all across the globe?

Example: You have a Mother, Father, Son, and Daughter.

What if they all woke up at the sametime.

The Mother could be in Japan, The father in Mexico, the son in Brazil, and the daughter in the London.

How would they get in contact with each other?

*** Remember Zion is the last human city. ***

Also when the Machines cultivate humans, do the fetuses have to match genetically with previous humans that were breed in that factory? Or could they cross breed with other farms and just make up your family based on your location within the matrix?

Example: You look like your mother and father, but genetically your not related. The Matrix makes you think you are?

Urot> ok, i understand what you're saing, however, no, i think not, for the following reasons...First, they were within about five minutes of Neo, meaning in the same general vicinity...they had no idea where Neo would be at until he took the pill, if it were possible that he be in Japan and they New York, then Neo would drwon before they could possibly get to him...

Yes, the fetuses have to genteically match those of your "parents", because the matrix doesn't tell you what you look like, you tell the Matrix what you look like, or, rather, your genes tell it...So, for you to look like your "parents", you have to be genetically engineered to be their offspring, which is not hard, just involves a rondomized list of the possibilities, from whic one is chosen, at random...(like randomize for you C++ junkies...)

obhaive
Maybe they just tell us that we look the same...the sky can be green and the grass blue, to someone who doesnt know...what is similar? i bet you can find similar features on a total stranger if you look long eneough!

The fact that they were within range of neo means 2 things:

The battery feilds aint that big

Or the ship can travel pretty fast

burlyman
the neb crew wouldve had to get to a hard line too

HooT
Or the war could still be going on and the matrix is a prisoner of war camp.

icon
whoa hooty. thats a deep thought

-=Urot=-
The Matrix is really a prison system. How interesting...

If that was the case then Zion/The real World would still be part of that camp. A MWAM. Zion would be considered a type of solitary confinement. It would house the most unruly of individuals.

The Real World = General Population

Zion = Solitary Confinement

Dryden
well, remember what they have been saying throughout the movies, is that you look how you percieve yourself to be in the matrix. you could look like Pamela Anderson, but when you wake up be a 400 pound asian.

I like the theory of the jail and solitary, but where are the extra guards then...lol there's less protection in zion than in the real world isnt there?

Perhaps zion is their hideout...or half way house...or perhaps a MOB front...lol

Imagine the Chaos though if everyone woke up at the same time...would they survive without the machine ejecting the coords and draining the tanks? I know they can breatht the liquid, but what about the stuff they're hooked up to? the head gear etc?

also, if the machines get shut down (they cant!!) then everyone would die, like they said...becuase without power to run the matrix, everyone inside would die, thus die in the real world..

Its obvious the machines MUST coincide with the humans...I am just wondering what kind of arrangement they'll make..

If they free all of the humans....they would have to do it all at the same time...otherwise the machines would lose so much power, that the matrix would fail...i think...so the others would die.

weird...lots to think about I guess.

burlyman
The Matrix IS a prison!!

the machines dont really need the humans for power

JediHDM
they humans have to want to be free, because otherwise their mind will just shutdown trying to get back to their previous life...

Dryden
ahhhh, i see i see.....me likes....need cookie now..mind shutting down....

The Omega

Dryden
well, if we went even further into the technical part...the human brain doesnt need to be active for the body to live. People are in the hospital right now that have been brain dead for years. The machine probably could have devised a way to keep the human body alive also...so who's to say all of the people in the tubes are even "alive"

JediHDM
because "they liquefy the dead to be fed intravenously to the living..."

The Omega

Red Texas
Excellent questions smile

It'd be interesting to see a billion-person city - I imagine there're other cities, especially since they're named by numbers starting from "01"

Most likely.

I'm sure, for the machines' logistical reasond, related groups would be near one another, although lets say angloman A and Mongoloid woman B mett up and procreate, is the baybe synthesized in Anglocity or Mongoloid city?

wooh, interesting...

I'm pretty sure (a) the machines wouldn't care about the fact that timmy and susie can't call mommie, and (b) if they all woke up, most would die anyways.

Most likely ACTUALLY genetically connected to the parents, simply for that residual self image thing explained in m1

If you look liek your father, you're probably related to him...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.