Simultaneous matrices

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

obhaive
This has been bugging me since i first saw reloaded....

What was the ultimate significance of the multiple screens in the architects office....why have multiple Neo's speaking...and the fact that the cmera pans into a screen a the scene progresses...

I got the impression that they were viewports to other copies of the matix that was running simultaneous...

I have no other proof for that but then again i have no other theory?

GABRIEL05
There are many theories. One of them is that those screens represent Neo's choices. Another is that they are visions of the older matrices. I dunno. I think the screens represent what the architect is thinking about.

obhaive
If they are visions of the older matrices then there are more than six. If they are neos choices or what the architect is thinking about why does the camera pan into one of them to continue the scene? Its like simultaneous threads....same question, same time, different possiblities, so which thread are we following? If the theory that the end of M1 is the end of m3 then the simultaneous thread theory abides by this, but allows for the other theories to fit in...i.e. is neo in the matrix, and outside at the same time at the end of m2, and possibly in m3 if you read into the trailers?

Sifer
*Ooh, ah ha, SIMULTANEOUS LOVIN' BABY!*

Happy Dance

GABRIEL05
Well I said they are theories. Some people here think they are Neo's choices. The reason it pans in one screen in M1 is because that is the choice Neo makes. I used to think the Archies screens represented former matrices because when he mentioned something about the matrix being older than he thought, and emergance of integral anomalies and what not to Neo one of the screens went "5 `One's before me? 4 3 2 What are you talking about?" So I thought that was one of the older Neo's talking. This was impractical, so I just figured the screens meant whatever the archie wanted them to.

obhaive
Neo's Choices....then all his choices are known or calculated...

The panning also occured during the architect anomaly speech...and without having the movie in front of me, i believe it occured more than once....specifically when neo replies in relation to the fact that there has been more than one anomaly...

Perhaps one can zoom in too much on detail? I know the WB said that everything has significance, but you could argue that statement may imply that the significance is in fact a red herring...keep the fans talking about it till the movie comes out???

JediHDM
i think the screens represent all the choices Neo could make, and it zooms in on the one he does make...For instance, in M1, when Neo is sitting in the room, waiting for Smith(sort of...), he only has one choice, to sit there and wait...When Neo says "Bullshit", that Archie says denial is the most human of traits, but when neo has to make a choice, when there are many different possibilities, the screens show these possibilities, almost as if the Archie is reading Neos mind, like God, but in actuality is is just all of the mathematical probabilities inherent in human thought...

joeboy
There was more than six matirces. Just six major changes. Just before neo walks into the room (appears in the room, cause he never is seen comming thru a door) you see plenty of stars, as if he is one of many.

JediHDM
there are six integral anomalies, of which Neo is the last...Neo is not "one of many" ONES, he is one of many HUMANS..."the path of the one, is made by the many..."

Dryden
think about the dialogue he had. I believe the screens represent what the MATRIX thinks neo's choices are...kind of trying to guess what his next choice will be.

Remember that the matrix tried to make a perfect anomoly for the human brain and human's life...yet the brain is flawwed...thus the architect is trying to "crack" the code of the human brain by putting up possible choices neo could make.

but they arent choices that NEO has made for himself...yet the matrix made as a possibility.

you also notice the architect was surprised as to neo's decision...and you didn't see in any monitor the result of their discussion...there was no predetermined choice in the monitor for what neo actually did. kind of like the architect still didnt get the right choice out of all that were displayed.

I think the monitors are trying to GUESS what neo's choices are...but still cant quite understand the human brain.

JediHDM
but we dont see any monitors of Neo walking to the "right" door, they wait until AFTER Neo makes his decision then show, meaning EVEN NEO doesn't know what he will do, until faced witht the decision...

Dryden
exactly....but that still means that the architect didnt guess it would happen... so it didnt show in the monitor.

JediHDM
exactly...however, i think that somehow the architect wanted Neo to choose that door, although the matrix didnt...somehow the architect wanted peace with humanity, without slavery...

this is off topic, but i found it interesting...According to legend, the Atlanteans were upset with the slavery going on in the world around them, so, instead of having slaves do the work they didnt want to do, they created automatons, machines that looked like men, but were metal, that did the undesirable jobs...Some wanted the Automatons to be citizens, while others did not...This plunged Atlantis into a civil war, and a dark age that they never truly overcame...

Dryden
reminds me of the animatrix movie "The Second Renaissance parts 1 and 2". that was pretty much the same story. Humans made machines to do the dirty work until machine became deceitful and bitter towards them.

- Perhaps the architect wanted him to pick the door to the right just to gather more info on the human brain and its functions?

joeboy
don't forget that this is the first time he was made to fall in love. So the previous Neo's would have not acted the same at that point.

joeboy
Jedi - were they Finite automatons. (programmers should know what i am talking about) RESPECT MY AUTOMATON!

JediHDM
Neo was not made to fall in love, he just did, he made the choice to fall in love, which was different from the choices of the others...And i dont know if they were finite automatons...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.