I had no idea Star Wars books existed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
read the topic

yerssot
well, then you missed something wink

Hypernova
Hmmm I recently found out they existed and still have not read any of them sad

LanceWindu
I've read about 50 books total of Star Wars...I'm 16 pages into Force Heretic 2.

yerssot
well, most of the books are boring, so it's not that bad

LanceWindu
Boring? What are you smoking yerssot?

Ushgarak
(agrees with yerss)

yerssot
on occasion some pot

well, Lance, I have +/- 30 books at home from SW,
I can pick out 15 orso which are about superweapons or about Luke mysteriously being unable to use his Forcepowers while being on a certain planet.

If NJO wasn't written, I would never have bought ANY SW book ever again! NJO is also very average, but compared to the other books I have they are all outstanding, because the level of these SW books is very low!

SlayerChick1188
aw man, youre missing out on the rest of the SW saga!

you gotta read at least the earlier ones (the Timothy Zahn stuff is great, Mara Jade's one of My favorite characters!)

LanceWindu
Bad yerss!!!

No pot smoking!

yerssot
I do with my health what I want in my own spare time, no ?

but DO keep this ontopic!

LanceWindu
Whatever, if you didn't want it to be talked about you wouldn't have answered the question that was meant as a joke.

yerssot
Lance, I never made it a secret you know
anything to add to the point that sw books are rather dull? stick out tongue

DeNiro
star wars book i mean wheres the fun in that i mean wheres the action star wars is such a visual movie i mean playing out the scenees in ur mind must suck

Julie
definately read NJO.....BTW Final Profecy is out now

yerssot
yeah, I know jules, I'm hoping to get a good read of FH II and III and then around 20 october, I should get FP smile

Julie
good boy......go get it:-)

Lyn
I've read some of Timothy Zahn's stuff too Slayer, Mara Jade is pretty cool, I like that Leia is training as a Jedi too!!

LanceWindu
Don't get used to Leia training though.

Hypernova
Which book should someone who's only recently heard about these books start with? What do you suggest/recommend?

yerssot
Heir of the Empire

Hypernova
A mini-synopsis?

yerssot
basicly, you have this grandadmiral named Thrawn who comes back from conquering planets in the outer rim, and he sees the empire has been destroyed and he then wants to kill off everyone in the rebel alliance.
For that he uses new star destroyers and troopers
(but I can't reveal much more without telling spoilers)

Lyn
Was Thrawn in the Timothy Zahn novels?? Is Heir of The Empire part of that trilogy?? I'm so confused...

Hypernova
Okay I will look out for this. I guess I have to start somewhere, right? smile

yerssot
The first SW novel Zahn wrote was about thrawn yes,
Heir of the Empire is part of the trilogy of ... Heir of the empire (at least I think that's the title)
forgot the other two titles

Rogue Jedi
its heir to the empire, dark force rising(i think), then the last command.
at last count i have over 70 eu books and cross section books and guides. i like the thrawn trilogy because of jorus cobath, the noghri and the ysalamari.

yerssot
yeah, found it on the website smile

Rogue Jedi
lance, FYI...the force heretic series is a real letdown. i hate to say it, but those authors suck.

genral zink
Shatterpoint is pretty good...

Lyn
That's the one!! Thanx RJ--they're the only ones I've read but I liked them!!

Rogue Jedi
no prob.....check out these.....
shadows of the empire
the courtship of princess leia
darth maul: shadow hunter
the truce at bakura

also, start the new jedi order series.

Lyn
I've heard about The Courtship Of Princess Leia and The Truce Of Bakura, can't find many of them now... sad

Rogue Jedi
try bookstop....if they dont have it, they will special order it for you.

Lyn
Oh, Ok...thanx

Rogue Jedi
no prob.

prometheusburnm
I've read just about all of them. A few of my favorites are Darksaber, The Thrawn trilogy-hier to the empire, dark force rising and the last command- and star by star--------------the new one Darth Bane Path of Destruction isn't bad either

Dessel
The best is Darth Bane: Path of destruction. Several PT ones such as Labyrinth of Evil, The Caestus Deception, Shatterpoint, Shadowhunter, Dark Rendezvous, The Approaching Storm, and that's about it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.