The Hobbit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolboarder98
Anybody have any idea if PJ or any other director is planninn on doing a film version of The Hobbit? Just curious. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/tomcat.gif
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/afro.gif

Exa
Good question...

Thats a bit strange - one minute, he says "yes, I'll make a film version", next minute "no, not be, but perhaps some other guy... NLC got all the rights".

Hypernova
NLC?

Laguna
I've heard that it's to be given a TV series makeover. well that's what Ian McKellen said anyhow

Hypernova
New Line Cinema!! no

Joseph_Kerr
My understanding is that PJ didn't start with "The Hobbit" because New Lines did not own the rights to it, and another company did. That at the present moment New Lines is trying to secure the rights to "The Hobbit". PJ has said that he would be willing to film "The Hobbit", but after a break (he's been working on these three films after it's all done for 7-8 years).

Let's just cross our fingers that New Lines can come up with the millions to secure the right to "The Hobbit" and PJ gets a good rest before production.

billyboyd4ever
YES YES YES!!!!!! PJ MUST DO IT!!!! then i can have more to look forward to....yet sadly, no pippin *runs away and cries*

BOPRecruit 16
in a recent issue of sfx, the lotr actors did mention something about hobbit when they were at this convention.

Hypernova
New characters or stick with Gandalf and Bilbo etc?

Sifer
It won't be done unless the original actors can be in it - Jackson wouldn't allow it smile

Exa
... But I think Bilbo should look a bit different... I mean when The Hob happens, he's the same age as Frodo, but (in the foreword) looks faaaar older

Joseph_Kerr
Ian Holm is too old.. but Ian McKellan isn't.. he should reprise his role as Gandalf.

coolboarder98
Dude! It's Hollywood! Not only do they have the technology to make Ian Holm look younger, they also have really thin prothetics (did I spell it right?). That's my bit.

billyboyd4ever
um in FOTR when they showed holm finding the ring as young bilbo, they taped his face back (hahah laughing out loud ) i dont kno ho wmuch holm would like that for a whole movie...of course he'd get paid a ton, but still...

must_kill_Santa
i hope they do coz that would be really good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.