Discworld

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Syren
Ok ppl, why do none of you read? I know itz a movie site of sorts, but some good movies started as words on a page! So lets give some respect to the master of fiction (in my opinion), Terry Pratchett. Im intereted to know what you think of him, and who your fave authors are, so c'mon, let me know.

ChinaNiki
only book I read that was a book first was Dances With Wolves back in 1991

ChinaNiki
whoops I forgot about To Kill a Mockingbird, Of Mice and Men, and the Grapes of Wrath
all of which were required reading at school

Syren
yeah, we did to kill a mocking bird and of mice and men in school too, and i think my brothers doing them both now!!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i read classical books by Fydor Dostoevsky and Alexandre Dumas...etc

FallingBlue
My favorite author is Garth Nix, who wrote the Sabriel series, and Shade's Children

Syren
kool, what are the sabriel series about? i like fantasy stuff, and the way terry p writes coz its kinda kooky!

mechmoggy
Never read any of TP's work, but my mom is a big fan.

Corran is a big fan too, if my memory serves me.

Syren
thanx, is he/she online?

mechmoggy
Corran is a very funny chap who's from the Wirral.

Haven't seen him online for a while though, I wonder where he is? confused

Syren
dunno. i recommend u read tp tho, i think u'll enjoy it x

mechmoggy
I have a big stack of books I've been wanting to read, but tp is on my list.

I've been concentrating on the classics this year and I've still got a few to get through, have you ever read Crime & Punishment? Its top drawer stuff. cool

cermiestar
my favourite authors are Steinbeck and Orwell! thir books are amazing!
i just finished reading Colour of magic, (light reading!) it was alright.....i only bought it because my friend is always going on about how great the discworld novels are......i was ok..... i wouldn't rush out to buy any more....

Phoenix
Thief of Time and Carpe Jugulum are my faves, though The Truth is cool

zionette
Oh cool,i love Terry Pratchett,im halfway thru Mort i read equal rites,the amazing maurice and his educated rodents,Johnny and the dead,Johnny and the bomb and only you can save mankind-they're great books

Phoenix
I've read all his books, only ones I dont like are diggers truckers and wings

Syren
wow! lotz of reactions! my faves are mort, the 5th elephant and Night Watch (thatz relatively new). i also really like Victor Pemberton, ever heard of him? he writes stories set in the 1st and 2nd wars, about the kind of life ppl had then, sounds slightly boring but they are surprisingly deep xx

crazy_c
I hav only read "Johnny and the dead" but I'll read more eventually.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.