What building is Smith in anyway? And what's he doing there?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
http://www.angelfire.com/pro/moviemasterjoe/smithbuilding.bmp

What building is Smith in, it has all of these stairs and it seems he's chasing someone up it, but who would he be following and what's at the top of the building? They all have guns and look pretty angry.... blink

JediHDM
i think that is the stairs in the Oracles building...or perhaps stairs up to Archie?

dave123
doubt its to the archie, i would stick with the oracle idea

JKozzy
The Architect's building exploded in Reloaded, remember? Neo flew out of it...

dave123
nah, the oeacles room wasnt actually in that building, just a backdoor in that building went to it, or so i thought (regardless, smith cant go to that room)

Cowboyography
I saw this picture as well, it looks like the stair case from the first movie that they walk up before Cyphers little ambush.

JKozzy
Cypher's ambush was in a well-carpeted place I thought, and the staircases were more elaborate, dark, and larger... I'd think that the Neb crew and anyone else would've abandoned that place after what happened there in Matrix 1.

burlyman
its not the "deja vu" stairs

dave123
yeh, that staircase aint the same one from the deja vu scene

Cowboyography
yeah but wasnt there a scene with them walking up a squared spiral stair case? it was pretty tight like this one as well. I need to go back and watch M1 tonight!

dave123
my moneys on it being the oracles one
(only a few seconds faster than me, burley)

GABRIEL05
It's not. But what I'm curious about is that is the only scene so far where all the Smithees have their guns drawn. I wonder why...

dave123

burlyman
hes got guns - his reloaded poster makes sense now! smile

the official pic for this it says 'agents' not 'smiths' ..bah

JKozzy
But fight with who? They have enough superpowers and strength to destroy anyone they wanted to, 'cept Neo that is (Think back to the Smith's Plan in ETM and how hard that was, even with two or three Smiths on you), so why would they be stealth0like and sneak up stairs with guns drawn..? Unless he's after some sort of program, maybe the Oracle... since they might be her stairs, but we've never seen them, only the elevator.

And even though it says Agents, they definetly look like all Smiths, and why would they show that clip in the Trailer when Neo's talking about Smith and how he can stop him?

dave123
"his" poster? whos
hmm, i just assumed they were Smiths, but I still think the agents are after the oracle

dave123
i dont think they using stealth, too many for that
they probably just gonna shot the hell out of whoever their target is!!

JKozzy
What if they need them alive then? Maybe the Oracle deleting/draning scene follows these stairs?

dave123
alive? then whats with everyone with guns!

Cowboyography
yeah i bet your right it is the oracle, i just watched that part in M1 and its a tight stairway but therei s a red carpet down. and this biulding looks much bigger, like an apartment complex that a certain character resides in...

JKozzy
Don't know, what if, say, the Oracle's having an unexpected visitor? Wipe them out then take the Oracle! And would the Oracle know that he didn't intend to kill her?

GABRIEL05
Ah HA! Maybe they are after the Smith!

burlyman
neo and morpheus took the lift - past the blind guy wink
try cramming all those smiths in the lift laughing

the shot of the lights going off in a corridor as the oracle vo says "i see the darkness spreading" is the oracles right?

JKozzy
Hmm... maybe they shut down the power so the lift doesn't work, no one can escape, and they take the stairs!

dave123
it could be, makes sense if it did
probably shows smith + the darkness getting closer and the end coming closer aswell.

tshirt
I see a few people with guns. Look like agents, but could be Smiths. I do not see Neo at all.

It is definetely not the staircase in M1 the Deja Vue scene. That was a much larger, wallpapered stair case. Near the top it seemed to get smaller. But is was still bigger than the picture above.

It is not any of the chase scenes I can think of in M1.

burlyman
they are smiths

dave123
then whats with "agents" on the pic?
error, i guess
i'm sticking with the Oracle idea

JKozzy
They once were agents, and that's how they're classified I guess, maybe it's a misprint by a less-informed staffman, like the labeling of Smith as Neo http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rv_img/photo_rev_sept_20.jpg

People do make mistakes...

burlyman
yeh i pointed out the neo smile

only human

smiths, he doesnt use a gun in reloaded
edit: im such an idiot, i forget the scene in the programmers corridor embarrasment

JKozzy
Yes, kudos to burlyman on that find too smile
And, Smith DOES use a gun in Reloaded, several actually. In the backdoor hallway with the Keymaker, and when the Keymaker gets the door open, Neo flies Morpheus into the door, the Smiths pull out their guns, say "Kill him!" and shoot the Keymaker....

dave123
"a less-informed staffman" - everyone knows the difference between Smith and Neo, ESPECIALLY anyone that works there

JediHDM
i think Smiths have their guns drawn, incase judo-master Seraph is there, to defend the Oracle...just kill him, and then take the Oracle...

dave123
makes sense, but the agents don't prepare themselves

they always draw their guns WHEN they meet the enemy, not before, maybe i'm just being awkward and disagreeing for no reason

JKozzy
Maybe when they placed the text over the image, they mixed them up. dave, what's your explination for mislabeling? And these aren't agents, they're "Smiths"

Jedi -- I think that's what they're there for... maybe Trinity and Morpheus are up there having their "All I can tell you is that he needs your help, he needs all our help" scene from the trailer...

dave123
i'm saying it prob is an error, but seriously, no one that works in that kind of job could get mixed up with neo and smith!
i think "mis-informed" would be better, or just general human errors

JKozzy
True, but you got my point at least.... ahh stop making fun of my lack of good words to use sad stick out tongue But this whole thing is still a mystery... what is the Oracle going to do in this movie anyway? There's nothing left to prophesize, except that Neo has some serious work ahead of him...

burlyman
JKozzy> that would be before trin and morph go to hel
neo talks to the oracle when he is back from limbo

dave123
i doubt she has much use (beside predicting the end, which everyone kinda guessed before seeing the trailer), which is why i think smith will get her, and become super-duper powerful/special

JKozzy
Burlyman> Heh, forgot about that ol' Chestnut...

tshirt
Neo - Smith error.

1) Maybe they learn to shift into other forms and it really is Neo, but looks like Smith.

2) It could be named Neo, because you are looking at something from Neo's point of view.

3) I don't have any other ideas.

JKozzy
Also, is this picture linked in any way to the topic of discussion? The Smiths here look pretty insane looking to me.... they're in the Oracle's kitchen too; what could their plans be from there/what's going on? Could this be the pictorial representation of the Oracle deletion we saw in code?

http://www.angelfire.com/pro/moviemasterjoe/smith.jpg

dave123
o yeh, ur idea of shifting to other forms, dont seem likely
proof: Smith says "Mr Anderson" to neo, so it don tlook likely

JediHDM
it was a joke, people, i didnt mean it...and, JKozzy, yes, that is the same pic, just different view...

burlyman
JK> seach for 'smith DOES take over the oracle?' smile

JKozzy
Haha sorry.... I hadn't joined the forums by then, funny about the pic though. Great minds think alike! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.