our lives is a lotr life.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aniron
has anyone got a bad habit of calling places you no something out of lotr?

I have a habit of saying that I am going in the shire when I go for a shower, and my auntie has a house name very close to the name rivendell so I call her house rivendell, have you got any weird habits like this?

Obsession
Same here. I only made that misake once. (ya know of saying Shire instead of shower) One when I was going to Aberdeen I said Gonder. I dunno why I said tha. It just kinda slipped out. I guess it was because I had been reading Return of the king like a few minutes before. I dunno. lol.

Hypernova
The LOTR effect laughing

Off the top of my head, I can't say I have.

Exa
Ah yes the LoTR effect... very dangerous big grin

Some time ago (I dunno y) I started to call my home Gondolin... and my cat Tevildo :P (an evil cat lord)
Now I give LoTR-names to everything... my computer... my folders... my room... my friends stick out tongue

Hypernova
I can say that sometimes when things happen, I can come up with a LOTR analogy to highlight the situation. Does that count? geek

fini
ah i named my calculator ( the one i had since 14....i'm 23 now) , my precious but alas it was stolen ........sigh !!!!!!
i should have known better.

Corlindel
I named my "precious" a precious part of me... whistle

Exa
I call nearly everything "precious"...

And whenever I see a tall tree, I think it's a Huorn big grin

GABRIEL05
whenever I ride my bike through heavy traffic I hum the Helms Deep song.

Hypernova
laughing out loud Strange LOTR fans!

aniron
get over it hypernova lol.

There is an actual place called Condor, maybe thats were tolkiens inspiration for gondor came from, and I think that he got elvish (or some of it) from the welsh language cos some of them are actual welsh words, and some even mean the same thing!!!!

Aragorn#1
-I ve called my fat rat a "stupid fat hobbit" cuz he got saw dust every ware
-I call my horse "steed of Rohan"
-I ve done the Shire shower thing
-I always hum songs from the movie
-call my riding stable Rohan
-call my school Mordor, there is evil there that does not sleep, jk

Hypernova
I can't get over it. I am in the middle of it laughing out loud

I am one of the stranger fans I know evil face

Exa
Lol laughing out loud

aniron
well get under it hypernova lol.

My dog is my preciouse because I love her, but I also hope to find an ent in the woods behind my house lol

muse5
me too.... the black gates of mordor are opened by trolls... aka the football team

muse5
i also call whatever food i'm eating... generally a poptart... my precious, i almost attacked someone because they tried to steal it... nasty thieveses

aniron
lol killing a poptart theif now what a headline for the papers lol

Exa
lol

I think I'll start giving my kitchen knives elvish names next time...

aniron
kitchen knives? lol what will u call them?

Exa
Hm... like Celeg Aithorn (the blade that shall cleave the world), Mormacil ("black sword"wink, Narsil or things like that lol big grin I havent started yet... but I love the idea big grin

aniron
how about sting? (I knew a kitten called sting when i did work expirience in the rspca aww the little cutie
anyways back to the subject, call one sting and your best one arwen 'cos she is deffinatly the sharpest knife in the draw (laughter and applause at me wittyness please)

Exa
lol applause...

I think I'll name one Hadhafang... dunno which... name means throng-cleaver lol what shall I cut with it?

Smodden
once at sunday school-at church, teach asked me where Abraham was from, and i said Rohan, *blush*

Shadowskill
Uh, we do Daily Oral Social Studies in Social Studies class (Duh!). I called Holland Hollin... whistle

muse5
i was at this colonial fall festival in my town (yes we're weirdos) and there was this guy that had a hat on that looked like it had a horsetail sticking out of it and i screamed 'rider of rohan' then hid behind a table because he heard me

Aragorn#1
lol!!! rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Exa
RoFL

I just have to work on the beginning of writing systems for school and when I was asked what the first written alphabet was I wanted to say "Sarati" (an older form of Feanors Tengwar)

Smodden
once i called my friends brother luthien, (his name's lutian)

nazgulinthedark
I have about 9 pictures of pictures of my cats in my locker ( 3 pictures for each of them) and i called them ringwraith #1, #2, #3, ect. my friends thought i was on something.

Shadowskill
Well, saying something about LotR is part of daily life for the Drunk_Nazgul and me. We always point out that something resembles something of Tolkien's (or Peter Jackson's) work... like Hobbit feet.

Aragorn#1
Me to, if my friends say something and Ill say "like on lotr or oh like Rohan" or something like that. hee heee how fun... jk

muse5
same with me... or if i ate too much, i'll turn to a friend and say 'remember in fotr extended when pippin eats four lembas? that's how i feel right about now'

aniron
lol pipin is so cute

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.