Who thinks sueing people for $150,000 a song in stupid?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

imnightcrawler
I read about it and saw that RIAA is sueing for around $150,000 a downloaded song. That's over ridiculous.

DeNiro
one dallor is over riduculus i mean why in the hell did they make down loaders and shit if when we start to use them they r going to sue us i mean it is so fu*ckin dumb i mean shit like the companies arent rich enough

silver_tears
heres a question why do computers come with cd burners if we cant download messed

BackFire349
yeah its very stupid. This makes the record companies look so cruel and desperate, i dont even wanna buy cd's anymore cuz of the whole fiasco.

silver_tears
i dont buy cds stick out tongue
why pay 20 bucks if u only want one song on the cd happy

KidRock
i havent bought a CD in years lol its all MP3s baby

GambitEVOFan1
Bullshit im not buyin a cd for 20 dollars unless they can garentee me that that cd is gunna be good from the first to last song

N.Tonks
150,000 a song! geez...thats stupid.

KidRock
STOP BREAKIN THE LAW AS*HOLE! (from liar liar)

Ushgarak
That's the MAXIMUM amount they will do, for the most serious offenders, it is not a general amount.

And it is not as if the music companies made the downloaders...

Nivvy
So...

Does all this apply all the way out here in lil ole NZ ??

Ushgarak
No, it is a move by the RIAA, protecting copyright law in America. Expect similar schemes to follow elsewhere soon, though.

BackFire349
it's indeed a ridiculous amount.

Nivvy
Yay, I think there is something like a $2000.00 Fine here.

But all the Departments dedicated to fighting Law Breaking Citizens are more worried about P, Ecstacy, Stuck... All the Drug Trades and Dealers here.

LanceWindu
I don't see what's so wrong about downloaded music...I've downloaded tons before on my dads computer.

BackFire349
it should be like a dollar per song.

LanceWindu
There is the Imusic or whatever from Apple that is .99 cents per song.

BackFire349
yeah i know, but the penalty of downloading music illegally should be 1 dollar

LanceWindu
Oh, I don't think they'd ever go that cheap though.

BackFire349
they should, it would be alot more reasonable.

LanceWindu
What's reasonable to us isn't reasonable to the rich music tyrants at the record companies.

Ushgarak
Well, there you go, you break copyright law, you run the risk.

BackFire349
obviously, doesnt mean its a good, or fair amount.

LanceWindu
Yes, but I like to download songs you can't ever find on a CD or a tape.

Like songs made for the internet or just comdey gags.

BackFire349
those ones are ok because they arent copyrighted.

LanceWindu
Actually some are...but they were taken off of web-sites and put onto kazaa.

BackFire349
well record companies dont care about that.

LanceWindu
But you could still be sued.

Tired Hiker
I don't even know how to download a song off the web. All I know how to do is download movie previews to watch once or twice. I'm glad I never down loaded anything illegal. I'm in the clear. But, I think they should only sue for a dollar, that way they might actually see some of the money they deserve. Like, how can they really collect 150,000 per song. Lame.

BackFire349
could be...but wont be.

Tired Hiker
Backfire won't get sued. Trust me.

Tired Hiker
He's a cop.

LanceWindu
* snorts like a pig *

BackFire349
i am the blockbuster police. you rent a bad movie i come after you with a baton and shotgun. Or for the really bad cases (when people rent queen of the damned *shudders*) i bust out the chainsaw

LanceWindu
Crappy movie...

BackFire349
My most hated movie of all time. It depresses me just thinking about it.

LanceWindu
And it sucks that it is one of the last things Aaliyah actually did.

BackFire349
Yeah, i guess that was her punisment for doing the movie....Death.

Tired Hiker
Backfire, don't get mad, but I actually liked queen of the damned. Especially when she was all dancing all sexy and stuff!

BackFire349
I hated it, i was so angry during the movie, i couldnt even sleep. and believe me, i tried

Tired Hiker
But at least she was hot, right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.