Help!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kes
This as nothing to do with this forum but I really need help.
My quicktime was erased and now I cant download it cos that stupid a$$ Apple site only has quicktime 6 and my PC cant handle that. I downloaded quicktime 5 from...well when I install it it always links with the Apple site and gets quicktime 6!
Please how do I get quicktime lower then 6?!blink

BackFire349
try www.download.com

other then that, keep searching the apple website, maybe their older files. i dunno.

Or better yet, get a new computer.

Kes
Def a new PC!
Thanks but doesnt work only 6.3 pops up.
The Apple site sucks they only have only download possible the QT 6.3.

Kes
Is it possible to copy quicktime to a diskette (sp) and then download it in my PC? I asked my cousin to try it.

LanceWindu
I'm not sure.

yerssot
http://www.info.apple.com/support/oldersoftwarelist.html
then go to the link:
DOS-Windows/QuickTime/IndeoVideo5.zip
should be quicktime5

DeNiro
i wish i could help the all mighty kes but sorry i dont know ne thing about comptuers

Kes
Thanks guys.
I'll try your link now yerss.

yerssot
*crosses fingers*

Fire
should normaly work

and yers kes it's possible to download the installation file from QT5.* on a disk and upload it on your comp, tho I doubt you can get it on one disk

and you will mostlikely need an internet connection to install it but I don't think that'll be a problem

yerssot
I didn't comment on the disk thing!

Fire
sorry that yers needed to be yes, thatwas a typo my bad

yerssot
not that I was offended FM stick out tongue

Fire
good

yerssot
cool stick out tongue

Kes
Didnt work. Thats not QT 5.

If it contacts the apple page then it will download QT 6...there for it wont work sad

Fire
hmm weird

yerss you searched ludit yet??? they sometimes have older versions of software I found Acrobat reader 5.0.5 there a few days back

Kes
What? Where?

Corlindel

Kes
Obrigado mas eu tenho windows 98.
E o site da Apple so tem o QT 6 para download sad

yerssot
no, checked, it forwards to the apple-site

yerssot
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120081

this one works
though it's QT4 messed

Kes
I'm going to try this 1 but I think it will do the same...contact the site and download the recent version.

yerssot
well, I do have a link where they tell you how to downgrade from QT6 to QT5... I think

Fire
you think???

yerssot
everything to help kes

G.P
I think it'll be difficult to find it on the internet, provided that you have to download it directly from the Apple Server...
Other possibility : to find the CD-rom of a program that needs Quicktime and have the installation program of the version of QT you want on it...

yerssot
good idea, GP!
if the above link doesn't work, I'll search in the weekend through some of my cds smile

Kes
Well the link worked and it downloaded QT4 but it doesnt work. It wont show the movies messed
What do you mean G.P. like a game that requieres QT?
I have done that, my x-files game has QT and it downloaded it to my PC but its not the QT you use to watch movies.

BackFire349
its a sign kes....wait....im getting a vision.......

oh my....how insightful... i must let you in on what i saw....

www.dell.com

ohhh, go there and you're questions will be answered. (all this was just a big insinuation that you need a new computer) stick out tongue

Kes
sad

BackFire349
sorry kes, but it looks like that might be your only option. or go to a repair shop or something.

Kes

G.P
Yes, I was thinking about this kind of thing...But I don't understand why it doesn't work (this method and Yerss' link to QT4) ...
If you have installed it and that doesn't work, there must be a problem somewhere else....

Kes
Well the game process doesnt work because its not the conventional QT you use. The suggest you update which means download QT 6 so no good.
I dont get why QT 4 doesnt work either. It downloaded fine theres no problem but it wont show the movie. Its like I have to have it on my PC to see it.

Ushgarak
What are you trying to view with it? No recent movies will work with 5.

G.P
That's strange indeed messed (Maybe you could try another game or software that uses QT...)

By movies, you mean .mov video files ???

yerssot
it didn't work???

Kes
MPGE files and stuff. Just normal stuff you get on emails. It should work cos I remember I've updated QT a few times and the 1st one worked on those.
Dont have more games...thats it.

jessica69
i didn't know that at all

Fire
I never wacthed MPEG's with QT I always used real one or media player
I only use QT to view .mov's cause the damn format doesn't play on anything else.
and I use DivX player to view Avi's and DivX files

Kes
Problem is when I press the file thats what opens.
So it would read that.

yerssot
oh! reminds me to look for it!

Kes
Yerss I love you!!!! It worked big grin I have QT 5 and its working fine!
Man that was scary sad
But its all good now big grin
Thanks guys
If anyone has the same problem just go here:http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=quicktime

G.P
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/notworthy.gif

yerssot
embarrasment

Kes
laughing out loud

yerssot
ow kes sad I thought you were serious http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/cry.gif

Kes
I am! I love you!

Kes
embarrasment

yerssot
oh kes!
*dramatic run to kes, holding hands out* big grin

G.P
*is watching* cool

Kes
*dramatic run to yerss, holding out hands as well*

G.P
=>R-rated scene !!! *hides*

yerssot
*smacks against kes, falls on back* ow! sad

Kes
*falls down to,stands up and rubs her ass*

G.P
Hey ! I want my money back !

Fire
lol go GP

yerssot
I wonder how you translate
"we zien elkaar zo graag dat de stukken er van af vliegen" is in english laughing out loud

G.P
"we this way gladly see each other that the pieces there of finished flies "
blink

yerssot
er... no altavista-translator for that one GP wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.