Why did Tank Screw Neo in the first place?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eric797
Anyone wanna tell me why in M1, when Neo is running from the agents, tank said something like "up the fire ladder, room 301" or something like that, and as soon as he makes it to the room, Smith is already there. What the hell? Is this "thanks a lot Tank for leading me to a room with an agent pointing his gun at me already! I've only been running my @ss off to get away from these guys, and you lead me right to them?....Thanks pal.....thanks a lot!"

clavis9495
I dunt know... but you should remember that an agent can be anybody who believes in the matrix sooooooooo.... the grannys turned in to agents before tank new it

Eric797
Interesting point.....

Korri
its coz that scene is so significent

joeboy
Even in the subway there was someone, so the operator can only see the agent after he is there, And neo tossed his phone.

Korri
ya good point roll eyes (sarcastic)

GABRIEL05
Yeah man hate to say it but that theory had a lot of holes in it. Of course, why tha hell did neo toss his phone?!?

VenomVA
Don't forget that, that exit was the closest one to Neo and like everyone said...he (Tank) didn't know that Smith would be in there.

Dryden
umm...lets see. The agents can intercept the calls....and the phone was not secure...so its easy to say they heard him say what floor and room and beat him to it.

mindbugaling
maybe, he threw the phone away so he could run faster geek

revolution_man
i thinks it is becasue thats all the information neo needed to hear...what more could tank tell him? that was the exit and he needed to get there....him throwing away his cell just showed that neo knew where he had to go....

nox
Neo dropped his phone cause he wanted that really cool 7250 that business guy who later turned into smith was holding.. *breathes in* Anyway, Neo needed to be shot so he could proove to everyone (except morph) he was the one.

joeboy
it was not the 7250. it was larger. i have the 7250.

joeboy
i am sorry, 7110 is what i have

joeboy
http://www.planetfortress.com/tf2models/previews/Matrix/phone+skin.jpg
this is what neo had.

nox
Joeboy, that is the picture of the phone Neo received in the envolope at the start of M1, not the same. By the way, i was just exagerating that it was a 7250. 7250s are one of the new nokia camera phones and wasn't even made during the filming of M1.

joeboy
i know, that's why i said i am sorry.

The Unknown
Agents can turn into anyone, not just people who believe in the matrix.

realworlddreams
then why didnt the agents just take over neo before he got out of the matrix? maybe only those who dont know about the matrix can be turned into agents, execpt for bane who was taken over by smith, but technically he wasnt an agent

Ushgarak
Agents aren't looking everywhere at once, that is why they did not inhabit Neo. Rebels need good timing.

priestjim
The mobile phone used in the Matrix 1 was a Nokia 8110 with a slight modification to make it open the keypad cover automatically.

The Unknown
The agents didn't take over Neo because the movie would have to end there.

Sifer
They didn't take over him because they couldn't. Just like they can't hit shit. It's all part of the control...

priestjim
I think that agents cannot take over people that are aware of the Matrix and the existence of them (the agents). It is like a thief trying to get into your house while you can see him through the door window. You will not allow him to enter (block the door, lock it etc.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.