HP FAVORITES (Quotes, movies, chapters..people..etc)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BOPRecruit 16
if you have a couple of favorite harry potter quotes, then post them here! it can be from the movies and books.

"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me."
-Harry

"There's enough filth on my robes without you touching them."
-Sirius Black

"'Course Dumbledore trusts you. He's a trusting man, isn't he? Believes in second chances. But me -- I say there are spots that don't come off, Snape. Spots that never come off, know what I mean?"
-Moody

"There is no good and evil, there is only power...and those too weak to seek it."
-Quirrel

"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
-Albus Dumbledore

"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
-Dumbledore

(i also like the one that's in my siggy!)

any opinions on these or your quotes? gtg ^.~

Sheepz
The Best Harry Potter quote ever

"You'd make a fair Beater" - Wood

God, I love that line. My friend and I made a series of half assed blinkies/animations. We were confused and put fine beater but whatever.

Oh yeah, Dolls are from here:
http://geocities.com/kellilla/adoptees.html

BOPRecruit 16
your animation is funny and cute. here's a quote from the movie:

draco: why are you wearing glasses?
harry as goyle: reading
draco (winces in confusion): reading? i didn't know you could read.

Malfoy's chick
heres are one:

"why did it have to be spiders? why couldn't it be follow the butterflies"
- Ron

it's me favourite

frootlooplucy
in OotP: 'A prefect! That's everyone in the family!'
' What are Fred and I, next door neighbours?'

hahaaa... gotta love that line!
actually pretty much everything Fred and George say is great stuff... cant quote it allwink

shellysnow
"I will only truly have left this school none here are loyal to me... Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it."
-Albus Dumbledore

shellysnow
If you made a better rat than a human, that's not much to boast about."
-Sirius Black

"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
-Albus Dumbledore

"Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where it keeps its brain."
-Arthur Weasley

"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
-Dumbledore

"You should have died! Died rather than betray your friends, as we would have done for you!"
-Sirius Black

"Fear of a name increases fear of a thing itself."
-Dumbledore

"Haven't I already told you that killing Mudbloods doesn't matter to me any more? For many months now, my new target has been -- you."
-Tom Riddle

"Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them."
-Dumbledore

BOPRecruit 16
ron: "follow the spiders?! follow the spiders?! when hagrid gets out of azkaban, i'll kill him!"

ron: "say it, i'm doomed."
harry: "you're doomed."

ron: "ugh! how thick can you get?"

draco: "trying out for the ballet, Potter?"

Mormegil
"Dear me, what's the use of being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it?"
-Lucius Malfoy

"We have a very different idea of what disgraces the name of wizard, Malfoy."
-Arthur Weasley

"Clearly."
-Lucius Malfoy

Tonks
This is mine:
"Give her hell for us Peeves!"-Fred and George
yah that is my all time quote from Fred and George!
cya
-Tonks-

airangel429
I gotta agree with the FOLLOW THE SPIDERS....i hate spiders too so I can relate with Ron.

BOPRecruit 16
hey, tonks! are fred and george talking about umbridge?

iluvharrypotter
Yea

BOPRecruit 16
i loved the scene where george and harry beat up malfoy. Sweet!

thelotrlovr15
that was kewl!!!

" The Sorcerer's Stone can turn any metal into pure gold, and make the holder immortal."- Hermione
"Immortal?"-Ron
" It means you'd never die"- Hermione
" I know what it means" - Ron

BOPRecruit 16
is your siggy all from book 4? i didn't know you could have your siggy that big. not fair since the head people of the forum complained that mine was. it's tiny compared to yours. but interesting quote you have. i want to post book 5 quotes, but i can't remember any!

airangel429
that ziggy is from book 5..the end of OOTP

thelotrlovr15
exactly... it is the last 2 1/2 pages
i am glad someone noticed
and they complained yours was big.... mine is just a couple of hundred words...
LOL

MoonChild
"I could have got rid of the sparklers myself, of course, but i wasn't sure where I had the authority...." ~ Professor Flitwick

"Wit beyond measure is a man's greatest treasure," ~ Luna

"I should have made my meaning plainer, He hs achieved high marks in all Defense Against the Dark Arts tests set by a compentent teacher." ~ Professor McGonagall

The whole end of the book......yada yada yada is amazing....(to lazy to type that much....lol)

And quite frankly anything and everything that Fred and George say is genius ..... so yeah i love their characters.... big grin

thelotrlovr15
ikno... i wrote all of the end of the order of the phoenix.... so yeah... i was really bored as you can tell....

BOPRecruit 16
it is? oh! then i better not read it since i'm only on chapter 22 or 24 now.

Laviera_j
You're only on chapter 24?????????????????/really?

BOPRecruit 16
yes, i'm that slow! ~lol~

Nefertite
My English isn't very well so that's not easy to remember quotes which I like. But one quote I memorized very well because of Ron (Rupert Grint) stupid face in that moment.

Can we panic now?!

Nice doll of Hermione:

BOPRecruit 16
your english seems just fine.

Deadalus
GOD REST YE MERRY HIPPOGRIFFS!

Harry: What does she understand?

Ron: Loads more than I do.

BOPRecruit 16
ron: mental that one.

ron: she needs to sort out her priorities!

VampVicious
"you are truly your father's son, harry.." Sirius

"Like the fact dat the person Sirius cared most about in the world was you.. that you were coming to regard Sirius as a mixture of father and brother.." Dumbledore (cried ma heart out when I read tis)

".. what are we?! Neighbours?? " Fred/George (on being prefect runs in the family.. cant remember the whole sentence)

well.. those are some fave quotes other than those dat u guys have mentioned..stick out tongue

thelotrlovr15
you are so damn slow!!!! i bought the book on 6/21/03 and i read it the first week.... yeppity yep...

it kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!

clispin
easy,

"what if i wave my wand and nothing happens?'
'throw it away and punch him on the nose'"

"'i think she thinks we're stupid or something, but we're not we know our names are ged and forge'"

and many more that im too tired to think of right now.

UTKari02
"'S'up, Figgy?"
"What 'happened to staying undercover?"
"I'll give you undercover!" cried Mrs. Figg. "Dementors, you useless, skiving sneak thief!"
"Dementors?", "Dementors here?"
"Yes, here, you worthless pile of bat dropping, here!" shrieked Mrs. Figg. "Dementors attacking the boy on your watch!"
"Blimey,"
"And you off buying stolen cauldrons! Didn't I tell you not to go?"
"I - well - I - It . . . it was a very good business opportunity, see..."
Mrs. Figg raised the arm from which her string bag dangled and whacked Mundungus around the face and neck with it; judging by the clanking noise it made it was full of cat food.
"Ouch - geroff - geroff, you mad old bat! Someone's gotta tel Dumbledore?"
"Yes - they - have!" yelled Mrs. Figg, still swinging the bag of cat food at every bit of Mundungus she could reach. "And - it - had - better - be - you - and - you - can - tell - him - why - you - weren't - there - to - help!"
"Keep your 'airnet on!" said Mundungus his arms over his head, cowering. "I'm going, I'm going!"
And with another loud crack, he vanished.
"I hope Dumbledore murders him!" said Mrs. Figg furiously.

UTKari02
McGonagall: "It turns the other way, Peeves."

Hermione: "Ron, just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean the rest of us do."

Ron: "And from now on, I won't care if my tea leaves spell 'die, Ron, die,' - I'm just chucking them in the bin where they belong."

Harry: "Yeah? Did he say you look like a pig that's been taught to walk on it's hind legs? 'Cause that's not cheek, Dud, that's true..."

"Is it true that you shouted at Professor Umbridge?"
"Yes", said Harry.
"You called her a liar?"
"Yes."
"You told her HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED is back?"
"Yes."
Professor McGonagall sat down behind her desk, watching Harry closely. Then she said, "Have a biscuit, Potter."

"You shoud write a book", Ron told Hermone as he cut up his potatoes, "Translating mad things girls do so boys can understand them".

-"but you get these massive pus-filled boils too," said George
"and we haven't worked out how to get rid of them yet."
"I can't see any boils," said Ron, staring at the twins.
"No, well, you woulnd't," said Fred darkly, "they're not in a place we generally display to the public-"
"-but they make sitting on a broom a right pain in the_"

Fred and George: "Would you like us to clean out your ears for you?"
"Or any part of your body, really, we're not fussy where we stick this"

Malfoy: "You see, I, unlike you, have been made a prefect, which means that I, unlike you, have the power to hand out punishments"
Harry: "Yeah, but you, unlike me, are a git, so get out and leave us alone"

Malfoy: "I'm going to make you pay for what you've done to my father...."
Harry: "Well, I'm terrified now," said Harry sarcastically. "I s'pose Lord Voldemort's just a warm-up act compared to you three--"

"Did you like question ten Moony?" asked Sirius as the emerged into the entrance hall.
"Loved it," said Lupin briskly. "'Give the five signs that identify the werewolf.' Excellent question."
"D'you think you managed to get all the signs?" said James in tones of mock concern.
"Think I did," said Lupin seriously. .....
"One: He's sitting on my chair. Two: He's wearing my clothes. Three: His name's Remus Lupin..."

McGonagall: "Dean Thomas if you do that to the mouse again I shall put you in detention"

"I was never a prefect myself", said Tonks brightly, "my head of house said that I lacked certain necessary qualities."
"Like what?" Said Ginny
"Like the ability to behave myself."

Ron: "Hey-hey, you lot! Midgets!"
Hermione: "Ron!"
Ron: "Well they are, they're titchy ..."

Ron: "Honest, Harry, they're brains - look - Accio Brain!"

"His life's ambition is to have his head cut off and stuck up on a plaque just like his mother." said Ron irritabbly. "Is that normal, Hermione?"

"Harry, we saw Uranus up close!" said Ron, still giggling feebly. "Get it Harry? We saw Uranus - ha ha -"

"You know what?" Harry said to Ron and Hermione as they entered the Great Hall. "I think we'd better check with Puddlemere United whether Oliver Wood's been killed during a training session, because Angelina seems to be channelling his spirit."

Harry: "If you want to - er - what is it? Oh yeah- 'sever ties' with me, I swear I won' t get violent."

"Excellent," said Lupin, looking up as Tonks and Harry entered. "We've got about a minute, I think. We should probably get out into the garden so we're ready. Harry, I've left a letter telling your aunt and uncle not to worry-"
"They won't," said Harry.
"That you're safe-"
"That'll just depress them."
"-and that you will see them next summer."
"Do I have to?"

Vernon: "We're going out," he said
Harry: "Sorry?"
V: "We-that is to say your aunt, Dudley and I-are going out."
H: "Fine"
V: "Your not to leave your bedroom while we're away."
H: "Okay."
V: "Your not to touch the television, the stereo, or any of our possessions"
H: "Right."
V: "You are not to steal food from the fridge."
H: "Okay."
V: "I am going to lock your door."
H: "You do that."

"By all means continue destroying my possessions," said Dumbledore serenely. "I dare say I have too many."

Moody: "Don't put your wand there boy!"..."What if it ignited? Better wizards than you have lost buttocks, you know"

"And I'm still riding a Comet Two Sixty," said Tonks enviously. "Ah well ... wand still in your jeans? Both buttocks still on? Okay lets go. Locomotor Trunk."

Weasley can save anything,
He never leaves a single ring,
That's why Gryffindors all sing:
Weasley is our King.

"Hermione..." said Harry slowly.
The song was growing louder, but it was issuing not from a crowd of green-and-silver-clad Slytherins, but from a mass of red and gold moving slowly toward the castle, which was bearing a solitary figure upon its many shoulders....

Weasley is our King,
Weasley is our King,
He didn't let the Quaffle in,
Weasley is our King...

"No!" said Hermione in a hushed voice.
"YES!" said Harry loudly.
"HARRY! HERMIONE!" yelled Ron, waving the silver Quidditch Cup in the air and looking quite beside himself. "WE DID IT! WE WON!"

Sirius: "I'll look for him later, I expect I'll find him upstairs crying his eyes out over my mother's old bloomers or something...Of course, he might have crawled up into the airing cupboard and died...But I mustn't get my hopes up..." Sirius said.

How'd the exam go, Snivelly?" said James.
"I was watching him, his nose was touching the parchment," said Sirius viciously. "There'll be great grease marks all over it, they won't be able to read a word."

BOPRecruit 16
hey! give me a break! i'm just not reading it as eagerly as some people here! i only end up reading it when i feel like it. when i do read it, i'm getting all those cool inspirations for fanfictions that it takes up time to work on those. i have better things to do than read harry potter. i don't hate the books. just mind is busy with fanfictions. (i read the fourth book in less than 2 weeks while procrastinating on hw.)

Phoenix
Mines from goblet of fire...

Harry, complaining about Sirius and Moody's wrnings to be careful..

"You'd think I walked around with my eyes shut, bouncing off the walls..."

Kippesoep
Mine would have to be the Marauder's map in Prisoner of Azkaban (chapter "Snape's Grudge"wink:

Can't wait to see that in the third film (and Snape's face as he reads it) -- priceless!

XxSamanthaxX

leah11
mine favourites from the 5th book. It goes something like:
Hermione: "Harry, u have 2 b careful, dracos a prefect now. he can make ur life very difficult."
Harry: "i wonder what it would b like 2 have a difficult life."

Malfoy's chick
lol, I like the same one as leah11 and kippesoep

Tonks
Yah I like all of them. But one of my fav.s is from 5th book!

Its when Fred and George are leaving!

"Give her Hell for us Peeves!"
I love it yah

Ezkamo
um, i dont understand the "difficult life" one?

i feel blond...*sigh*

Phoenix
he just means he ALWAYS has a difficult life

Phoenix
Harry to Rita Skeeter -

"yeah, you can have a word. Goodbye"

frootlooplucy
Snape to Siriu in PoA:
" Give me a reason... give me a reason to do it and I swear I will."
*wriggles* its shivery, that line :P

StrgzrCndyPixie
they r all pretty kol

Ezkamo
oooooooooooh! thats what it meeeeeeeeeans! aha! i get it! thanks Phoenix! yeh i agree. they r all pretty kool! but mi fav line is
"wannagototheballwimmee" AHAHAHAHAHA! that shats me ALL the time!

Phoenix
here it is Malfoys chick!

sadge
my favourite quotes
in film 1 :
hermione: now i'm going to bed before either of you come up with another idea to get us killed or worse expelled!!
ron: she needs to sort out her priorities!!

in film 2:
malfoy:why are you wearing glasses
goyle(harry taken polyjuice potion):eum reading
malfoy: i didnt know you could read

the 2nd one is my altime favourite

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

smug the magic dragon
are we afraid of he?
in his magic dragon-grotto-place.
no-o-ot like-a-lee -
we'll travel over earth.
and we travel over sea.
to beard that dragon in his den,look you now
most assuredly

from "the soddit"

Shield_Eowyn
I love the quote from the 5th book....... Malfoy: I unlike you, are a prefect, which means that I, unlike you, have the power to hand out punishments
Harry: Year, but you , unlike me, are a git, so get out and leave us alone

hehehe

hpxmenlotrnerd
Mines Sirius from book 4:
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." Its so...wise big grin

The Alpha
Ok. Which is your favorite chapter from each book?

I'll tell my favorite ones later. wink

orient_celts
I only got Book 3 and Book 4 at the moment.. long story as to why. LOL..

Anyway, book 3: The Knight Bus, The Dementor, The Boggart in the Wardrobe until The Patronus, The Grim defeat then Cat, Rat and Dog until The Owl Post Again.

Book 4... from the top of me head.. um.. my fave chapters: The Riddle House, The Quidditch World Cup, The Tri wizard chapter, The First, Second and Third Task, Priori Incantum (sorry if I the spelling's incorrect, don't have the book with me), The Death Eaters... what else... drats, I forgot...

shanie623
The Yule Ball in the 4th book... and the Shrieking Shack scene (I believe the chapter was called "Dog, cat, and rat"? or "Servant of the bones"??) in the 3rd book.... Too lazy to go through the books right now stick out tongue

Ohhh... and also "Snape's Memory" in the 5th book I believe... it was fun to read about the marauders, lily, and snape while they were in Hogwarts

ladygrim
yeah i like snapes memory too .... and i like any in book three part from the bloody quidditch

SimoneDepp
hi.
whats yourse favorite quote in the harry potter movie?
"scared potter? you wish!!"

and my favorite:

"i hope he finds me .... cos when he does ... i'm going to be ready!!"

EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Tassie~Cyanide~
Favourite Quotes Threads

Best quotes from book AND movie
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31701

Favourite Quotes
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13146

Please search for a topic, before you start a new thread.

The Alpha
Flesh, Blood and Bone
Snape's Worst Memory

The Alpha
My favorite ones:

Book 4: Priori Incantatem
Book 5: The Only One He Ever Feared

SimoneDepp
wel sorry!!

RebelPhoenix
Hmm, off the top of my Head:

Book 3: Owl Post, The Dementor, Talons and Tea Leaves, Snape's Grudge, The Quidditch Final, Mooney/Wormtail/Padfoot/ & Prongs, The Dementor's Kiss, Hermoine's Secret, Owl Post Again.

Book4: The invitation, Back to the Burrow, The Dark Mark, The Goblet of Fire, The First Task, The Unexpected Task, The Yule Ball, The Egg and the Eye, The Second Task, Padfoot's Return, The Death Eaters, Priori Incantatem, Veritaserum, The Beginning.

Book5: Dudley Demented, TOOTP, The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black, Luna Lovegood, Professor Umbridge, Detention with Delores, Dumbledore's Army, Hagrid's Tale, St Mungo's Hospital, Christmas on the Closed Ward, The Centaur and the Sneak and all the chapters that follow that one.

Couldn't just think of only one stick out tongue

ladygrim
lol ... i never really read the names of the chapter only when i have read it and it was intresting ..

RebelPhoenix
^Lol, same here, I just quickly rifled through those books to look for the names big grin

BingaBonga
In Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, when the Weasley's are boarding the Hogwarts Express, the twins say this to Percy about being a prefect. This isn't in the movie.

"Oh, are you a prefect, Percy?" said one of the twins, with an air of great surprise. "You should have said something, we had no idea."

"Hang on, I think I remember him saying something about it," said the other twin. "Once --"

"Or twice --"

"A minute --"

"All summer --"

"Oh shut up," said Percy the prefect.

I was reading it over again yesterday and I saw that, and thought it was hilarious.

Patronus
My favorite quote is in the fifth book, last sentence of chapter 27:

Phineas Nigellus: "You know, Minister, I disagree with Dumbledore on many counts...but you cannot deny he's got style..."

Patronus
My favorite quote is in The Order of the Phoenix when Phineas Nigellus says,

"You know, Minister, I disagree with Dumbledore on many counts...but you cannot deny he's got style..."

BingaBonga
I liked that quote too! Stupid Fudge anyway.

Scar
"The Lost Prophecy" was also a good one. It contained a lot of information.

ladygrim
i liked that chapter to

SimoneDepp
i love verything about the movie!!
in the 3th movie the biginning when he wants to leave and he's gonna use magic.....
and when he's saying: oh no? or something.
and when that stupid woman saying things about harry's parents....and harry is saying: no tats not treu!
i like alot of things...and the knight bus!!!

LadySlytherin
hehe thats a good one....
also in book 4

Ron: I'll go starkers before wearing that thing!!!

Hermione: i dont like other people just because they're HANDSOME
Ron: *cough lockhart*

book 5

Harry: This is what they should teach us in school...how girl's brains work.

big gay kirk
Ron... "Can I see Uranus, Parvati..."

punkyhermy
Ron "Right little ray of sunshine aren't you.You and professor trelawny should get together sometime!"

Ron(in SS the movie.it's the way he says it!) she needs to sort out her priorities!"

Draco "You are dead Potter"
Harry "Funny, you'd think I'd have stopped walking around..."
Draco "Your going to pay.I'm going to make you pay for what you've done to my father..."
Harry "Well, I'm terrified now.I suppose Lord Voldemort is just a warm up act compared to you three-"

Ron "Hermione you are a girl!"
Hermy "Oh well spotted!"

Phoenix
actually tass, this IS the orig fave quote thread! wink I started it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago!

Scar
I don't need a cloak to become invisible.

ILoveTomFelton
" Azkaban- the wizards prison, goyle. Honestly if you were any slower you would be going backwards"
- Draco Malfoy
(HPSS)

"Why are you wearing glasses?"- Draco
"Oh......Reading!"-Harry
"Reading..... i didnt no you could read!"-Draco
(HPCS)
jerry
And the one below

DracosGirl
Look below for my fave quotes, one is by draco malfoy and to be honest its only really funny when you watch it.

LadySlytherin
i agree : p. btw tassie no its not a new thread i was explorin old ones and i brought back Phoe's original quotes thread

GoF:
George: Ron, can we borrow pidwigeon
Ron: No he's off delivering a letter...why?
Fred: because george wants to invite him to the ball...because WE want to send a letter you stupid great prat...

Ron: We should get a move on you know...asl someone. He's right...We dont want to end up with a pair of trolls."
Hermione let out a sputter of indignation. "A pair of WHAT?"
Ron: Well...you know..."

"Mr Weasley, its harry...the fireplace has been blocied up. You wont be able to get through there"
"damn!" said mr weasley's voice. "What on earth did they want to block up the fireplace for?"
"They've got an electric fire" harry explained.
"REEALLY? Eclectic you say? With a PLUG?"

They run off eckeltricity do they? Ah yea, I can see the pluge. I collect plugs...and batteries. Got a very large collection of batteried. My wife thinks im mad, but...there you are
--Mr W.

Nearly Headless Nickmessedorting's much more important than food!
RonmessedURE it is...if your DEAD

Ron: "Aaaaaah" he said in a voice imitating Professor Trelawny. "When two neptune appear in the sky, it is a sure sign that a midgit in glasses is being born..."

Hermione: Twitchy little ferret arent you malfoy

Padfoot15
Mine's pretty obvious, look below!

"From now on, I don't care if my tealeaves spell DIE, RON, DIE!" OotP (I think)
I mean, just imagine finishing a cup of tea, then looking into the cup and seeing words telling you to die.. TEALEAVES telling you to DIE!!!! Bwahaahaaahaaaaa!!! I LOVE RON!!!! (erm, sorry, I'm a fanatic)
(and lunatic) big grin big grin big grin

R@ven
Mr. Ollivander book one:
"I think we can expect great things from you Mr. Potter....After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things --- terrible, yes, but great."

Always my favorite quote.

DracosGirl
I took my fave quote out of my sig to fit my cool nu pic in smile

It was by Draco in CoS when he said to Crabbe or Goyle (cant remember):
"I didn't know you could read" - its the way he says it that makes it so funny tho

LadySlytherin
Crabbe wink

Scar
hey anyone knows the exact phrase harry said to Cho when he asked her to go with him on Yule Ball

it was like: wanagobalwime (i cant remember the exact one)

i want the exact one
(i dont have 4th book with me now a days)

Unicor777
3rd movie or book:
" Why would I go after someone who wants to kill me "

5th book I think, when the Slytherins sing:

" Weasly is our king, he can not catch a thing" and then when the Gryffindors reply:
" Weasly is our king he doesn't miss a thing"

Scar
"Weasley is our king, he never lets the Quaffle in"

and nobody answered my question yet

Gillian
I have 2...

I like in the 3rd one when Hermoine goes up to Malfoy and says "You foul, losesum, evil little cockroach"
Happy Dance Oh Yea! Girl power! Happy Dance

and I liked in The 1st Harry Potter movie when their stuck in the plant and Ron is stuck
Hermoine-"We should make a fire! But we have no wood."
Ron-"Your a with remember!"
(Hermoine makes the fire)
(Ron falls out)
Ron-You call yourself a witch......seriously,theres no wood
(Harry and Hermoine look at him)
Ron-I'm so glad we didn't panic
Happy Dance LoL I thought that was hilarious! Happy Dance

Gillian
Harry-Its like Hermoine's gone mentor!
Ron-Naw she's always been like that!

<Tidus>
My favorite quote is from Ootp
the prophecy
only the little part I like about it.
"Either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other Surrvives...."

Wizardkid233
Fred and George:"Give her hell for us, Peeves!"

Phoenix
bump for Frodo_dude

Patronus
The first chapter of the 4th book...the scene discussing the Riddles' deaths and when Peter Pettigrew and Voldemort discuss Harry Potter and the Triwizard Tournament.

Scar
The Riddles' House

LadySlytherin
Percy: Mr Crouch is really starting to rely on me
Fred: you know perce...i reckon, he'll know your name soon

Fred: You can have a bit of nosebleed nougat cheap if you like
Ron: why's it cheap?
George: cause you wont stop bleeding till you shrivel up. and you get these nasty puss filled boils
Hermione: i dont see any boils
Fred: well they're in a place we dont generally display to the public. makes sitting on a broom a right pain in the...

ladygrim
me too i liked this bit shame they only showed tiny bit of it in the movie sad

ladygrim
i dont really have a fv chptr tho

LadySlytherin
thats going to be brilliant!!! lets just hope we dont get the same director the next movie yea?

punkyhermy
yup i LOVE this one too!

hobbit_dude
hobit dude wink lol! changed my name yey!

Lianslo
well...i don't have my book here...but one of my faves is from OotP...when one of the portraits in DD's office says something to the effect of..."I don't always agree w/ Dumbledore, but you can't deny, hes got style!"

oh, and in book 1, "There are some things you can't go through w/o ending up as friends, and knocking out a 12 foot troll is one of them."

sorry, those weren't exactly right...but you get the drift! smile

Padfootlover
There are a lot of good ones, but I really like this one from the first book:
Lee: So, after that obvious and disgusting bit of cheating-
McGonagall: Jordan!
Lee: I mean, after that open and revolting foul-
McGonagall: Jordan I'm warning you-
Lee: All right, all right. Flint nearly kills the Griffindor seeker, which could happen to anyone, I'm sure...

flamewielder
bump

flamewielder
i did a search and didnt find anything about this so if there is and i didnt see it then close this....but what is ur fave part in any of the movies???

mine is in the 5th one where fred and george leave the school and they leave a big mess... wink i thouhgt that was pretty cool....id like to see who they played that one out (if they made the 5th book a movie)

flamewielder
i dont have any rite now....but when i remember them ill post them stick out tongue

ArrghPirateGirl
I like da bit in book 4 where Malfoy gets turned in2 a ferret laughing

Jaxie
I've got many favorites but the one I pick is in book 4. At the Yule Ball where Ron and Hermione get into it because she came with Krum.
Then later when Ron's date ask him if he's even going to ask her dance and very short and cold he says no as he glares at Hermione and Krum across the room. And any scene Fred and George are in. They make me laugh.

Darth Sauron
Book four

The last lines of my fave chapter

Lord Voldemort Had Returned

Merry Lover
Ron: "Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret..."
And then another time: "Imagine if he (Moody) turnd him (Snape) into a toad...and bounced him all over the dungeon..."

LadySlytherin
Ron: But..hermione...if harry's seen a grim thats...thats bad! my uncle saw one and 24 hours later we found him dead. Dead scared.
Hermione: well there you go then. people see the grim and die of fright. harry's just not stupid enough to think "well i think ill go kick the bucket then."

shanie623
Same here!

angelsflame265
My favorite part in the fifth book was when the D.A meetings started to happen.

LadySlytherin
GOTTA BE the part where hermione b*tch slappes malfoy! that was hilarious!! and all the stuff fred and george do as well...arghh you cant pick just one!

angelsflame265
if fred and george are in it, its a favorite part yes

LadySlytherin
hear hear!!! yes yes

LadySlytherin
Tonks: You know, I dont think purple's really my color. D'you think it akes me look a bit peaky?

Lupin: Please watch closely...waddiwassi *gum shoots out into peeves' left nostril*
Dean: cool sir!!!

Excellent" said Lupin, looking up asTonks and Harry entered. "We've got a minute, i think. We should probably get out into the garden so we're ready. Hary, I've left a letter telling your aunt and uncle not to worry--
"They wont," said Harry
"That you're safe --"
"That'll just depress them."
"--and you'll see them next summer."
"Do I have to?"

"Remember old Fleur Delacour?" said George. "She's got a job at Gringotts to eemprove 'er Eeenglish--"
"--and Bill's been giving her a lot of pricat lessons," sniggered Fred.

~HotChick~
my favourite part is in the fifth book when Harry goes back in snapes memorie and sees his dad and sirius and all them pple when they were younger.

Rad_1
"-Fred, you next."
"-I'm not Fred, I'm George! Honestly woman. You call yourself our mother? Can't you tell I'm George?"
"-Sorry George, dear."
"-Only joking, I am Fred."

"-Percy wouldn't know a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby's tea cozy."

"-Why is the Ministry providing cars, Father?"
"-It's cause of you, Perce."
"-And there'll be little flags with the letters HB on 'em..."
"-Yeah, for Humongous Bighead."

"-Nicolas Flamel, is the only known maker of the Sorcerer's Stone!"
"-The what?"
"-Oh, honestly, don't you two read?"

"-Who're you?"
"-My name, is Sir Nicholas De Mimsy-Porpington."
"-I know you! You're Nearly-Headless Nick!"
"-I would prefer, Sir Nicholas De Mimsy-"
"-Nearly headless? How can you be nearly headless?"
"-Like this-"

"-At least no-one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent."
"-No-one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood."
"-You'll pay for that, Malfoy. EAT SLUGS!"

"Expecto Patronum!"

"Weasley is our king,
Weasley is our king,
He didn't let the Quaffle in,
Weasley is our king."

"Weasley is our king,
Weasley is our king,
He never lets the Quaffle in,
Weasley is our king."

"Weasley can save anything,
He never leaves a single ring
That's why Gryffindors all sing:
Weasley is our king."

"-I don't think the poor toilet's had anything as horrible as your head down it. It might be sick."

There's a LOT more. I don't think this ENTIRE forum would have enough space for it all."

ArrghPirateGirl
I liked dat bit 2

Patronus
I changed my mind. My favorite chapter in number 27 of the fifth book: "The Centaur and the Sneak" Dumbledore is so awesome in that chapter.

-Lady-Lioness-
5th: Snape's Memory (My friend doesn't get why I've read that chapter over and over again, but how many kids can say they've seen their parents when they were their age?)
4th: Either The First Task (I love dragons love )or The Unexpected Task (Teenage hormones are so funny)
3rd: Snape's Grudge (Slimey git lol that was too good!)
2nd: The Very Secret Diary (It was just such a twist in the book. I called my friend at like midnight freaking out I was like "Oh my gawd was it really Hagrid."wink
1st: The Midnight Duel (Sneeking around is always fun big grin)

ArrghPirateGirl
I like the first chappie 2 da 4th 2big grin

BOPRecruit 16
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git. -- Marauder's Map (Prisoner of Azkaban)

~HotChick~
or also in the fifth book when he goes to the MOM and him and the 5 other pple form the D.A are running from the death eaters and then the members from the order come in and fight.. but i hate the part where sirius dies.. do u pple think that there is ne chance that he really didnt die and that he will come back?

flamewielder
i do....jkr wouldnt do that to harry.....especially since hes the only living family member (that he claims stick out tongue ) but if she really did kill him then ill be mad mad

orient_celts
I have several favorite scenes too but the two faves are: D.A meetings and the pensieve scenes in GoF and in OotP.

Scar
Hermione dancing with Krum and Ron being jealous! big grin

ArrghPirateGirl
:d Yup........I changed me mind I LOVE ALLLLL OF EM EVERY BIT love

~HotChick~
lol nice.. do u pple know when the 6th book is coming out?

orlandoOYEA
Ive heard many different things. Ive heard 9 months and then 2 months, all over the place. Hopefully soon.

My fav seen is in the 3rd book when the Marauders Map insults snape. And Fred and George constantly make me laugh how they are bouncing ideas off one another and how they talk in unisin. (sp?)

ArrghPirateGirl
well if u have herd 9 and 2 my guess is....6 big grin

ladygrim
i like it in bk 5 when harry looks innto snapes memorys omg that was cool

ladygrim
heehee i like that too

ladygrim
smile

~HotChick~
snapes worst memory is the best chapter ever!! i cannt wait to see that in the movies and see like who plays all of them when they were younger..

ArrghPirateGirl
big grin

~HotChick~
yeah i know.. thats the best part in all the movies.. i like read it over and over again.. but i wanna see whos gunna play them

ArrghPirateGirl
big grin

ladygrim
smile

~HotChick~
does ne one know whos gunns play young Sirius James Remus Peter Snape and Lilly?

ArrghPirateGirl
Nope sad

BOPRecruit 16

ArrghPirateGirl
i LKE THEM :d

BOPRecruit 16
i made the glow colors coordinate with the main color of the american book covers happy

~HotChick~
does any one know when the forth movie is coming out then?

ladygrim
november 2005

Orlando´s Angel
My fav part is on the 3 book when sirius and lupin explain all the story to harry its awesome!!!!!!!!!

but in the movie 3 Alfonso Cuaron didnt explain ho were the creators of the marauder's map, only that was moony, wormtail,padfoot and prongs, but harry didnt really know ho were they...........

princess_rinoa1
My favorite scene.. is in Goblet of fire.. the Yule Ball of course.. the moment of Ron and Hermione... " Kahit di sila partner doon"...

princess_rinoa1
Basta.. ang gusto ko ay yung pagkakataon nila Ron at Hermione.. at ni Draco at Hermione.. I mean pag sila nag-aaway.. Ang saya saya kasi..

ArrghPirateGirl
blink Wat was dat??

ladygrim
???? abnormal lol

Orlando´s Angel
Defenetly................

Orlando´s Angel
??????

Auror Chk
i like GoF.....always and will be my fav wink because theres alot of action with all the Tasks in the Triwizard Tournament.... big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>