Final Profecy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
the next NJO book is out now, but I haven't gotten a chance to get it...hopefully I'll have it by the weekend..and read in a few weeks....who else is gonna get it?

LanceWindu
Either me or my uncle will buy it soon, I still need to read Force Heretics II and III, I started II but I've been preoccupied with Nivvy to even read.

yerssot
just started with refugee actually, so I have catching up to do, but I WILL get it!

Volundro Ramm
Just bought it today. But im still only halfway through Remnant. Something interesting in the Dramatis Personae is a new character called Erli Prann, who is a hman male. But more interesting is that he isnt a jedi or a fighter pilot or a captain, but an adventurer. In the immortal words of Han Solo "I like the sound of that". Oh, and Corran Horn's in it, wahooo.

LanceWindu
WooHoo!

Corran and a new adventurer!

This should be good.

yerssot
a NEW character? they should have killed of some others by now

LanceWindu
I'm sure a character or two will die by the end of the series.

I hope so, it's that extra bit of a twist that makes the NJO that much more memorable to read.

Julie
dear me....more character deaths....that doesn't sound appealing.....certainly the Solo family would object to your wishes.
I'll probably get the book this weekend...tomorrow becasue I have to go home....long story...well not exacftly but here's not the place for it

yerssot
well, I was more thinking in the lines of Danni the scientist and Ackbar and Winter messed

Julie
You want to off Danni Quee....just when a romance may be budding with a certain young jedi???????

anyways....I finally got around to reading the book.....I almost walked out of the store without the book because the person behind the counter spelled the book like I did....I realize my mistake, but the idiot behind the counter was a total (idiot) and said in a haughty voice that it wasn';t in the system so they didn't have the book.....*grumbles*

very very good book...not as good as some of the NJO books...but definately in the top 10

mephistodesigns
screw Danni, you want to kill ACKBAR!!! that's not cool man! stick out tongue

and yerssot-i'm that far back too, i've got 'em all on my shelf but its hard to find time, especially when he releasing all this Clone Wars reading too!

yerssot
ackbar, danni ... the more the merrier

mephistodesigns
LOL!

Julie
ouch that's rough man....but for you info....neither of them bites the vong plasma this book....still there's always the last book......who knows somebody may yet leave the star wars galaxy.....Danni...I hope not....Ackbar....eh whatever

Corran
I did gigle a little on page 98, the reference to kissing a Gundark.

Julie
Corran giggle?????.....lol
j/k,,,,,keep on reading...it's a great book

Corran
I'd already finished it when I posted thanks Jules, but that line just stuck in my head.

Julie
definately a classic line.....classy too:-0

Julie
has anyone else read this.....I think it's the thrid in the trilogy ....good but not the BEST SW NJO book

read it read it...you know you want to.

LanceWindu
I haven't even finished Force Heretic II

Julie
what's keeping you, Lance???? read boy read!
j/k take your time...not like NJO is going anywhere

LanceWindu
I haven't read anything in many months.

I don't feel like taking time out from my night to read.

My nights are reserved for my girlfriend and I to talk.

Peloquin
hey all smile I hope you wont mind me droping in on this post to ask you a question about something I found while looking through a star wars Encyclopedia. I'm guessing you people would be the ones to ask, reading over this post you have read quite a lot of star wars bookssmile

In relation to a character by the name of Akanah Norand Goss I found this.....

"She traveled to Coruscant and found Luke, even though he'd hidden himself away in Darth Vader's old residence. She came to him with an offer to help him find his mother and thereby ease some of his emotional burden. She took Luke to her homeworld of Lucazec, but they failed to find any information on Luke's mother."

Can anyone expand on this? Luke's mother?? are they just talking about a burial site? Amidala isn't still alive is she?

I haven't read any EU books myself as yet (am going to now in a big way) I've read alot of the online Encyclopedia and most of the 'behind the magic' CD ROM so I know a little but this just came to me as quite a surprise about Luke's Mother.

Thanks for your time smile

Peloquin.

LanceWindu
Ok, I have read this book.

If I remember correctly she promises to take Luke to his mother but basically it all ends up being false.

Julie
I'm not certain seeing as I've never read this....but from what you say...I go with Lance...you want the "real" reason...someone thought it would be cool to have Luke go looking for his momma long before the prequels came out...so old "history" type books on SW are outdated

Peloquin
cheers, lance & Julie. smile

Julie
Also I vaguely remember that there was a trilogy that had something to do with Luke looking for his mother...that amounted to nothing as well

LanceWindu
You're talking about the same trilogy Julie, I'm forgetting what the title of the series is...

Julie
oh...I thought we were talking about an excyclopedia thingy....sorry....uhhhh.....hmm what was that called anyway....Black Fleet Crisis?

LanceWindu
I think so.

Julie
yes...*shudders*....that was just plain awful......boring .....yuck

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.