Gollum Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Vicious
This probably u guys already answered but in TTT when Frodo and Sam first captured Gollum and they have him tied with a rope hes screaming sayin that it burns and it frezzes, Was Gollum talikng about the rope? and if so what kind of rope was it?

Sifer
Elven rope - but the sun burns him also - he just tolerates it. It's the same rope Galadriel gave to Sam in the gift giving (in the book and Extended Edition of FOTR).

Darth Vicious
Ohhhhhhh ok, thanks Sifer!

Arwenishott
yep............its made of hithlain(spelling?)......he says like two secinds later that nasty elves twisted it.

Exa
He hates elves... the elves of Mirkwood who had captured him also tied him up so he screamed and screamed and the elves also set him free to run around... and he fled big grin

Gollum also absolutely hates the Lembas of the elves.

edwinian
This is one of the reasons...(having to ask about stuff like that) that I really enjoy buying the Extended Editions because they explain all that behind the books and characters kinda stuff. On that note..I can't wait to see the EE for TTT!

Hypernova
Neither can I, edwinian! I am looking forward to it.

I have not seen FOTR in a few months and saw the second disc (EE) and I forgot just how much I loved that first one. How much it sucks you into the fellowships journey.

must_kill_Santa
he says elves eyes are to bright in the books

Darth Vicious
Actually i have the EE and forgot about the rope and i cant also wait for the EE of the 2T! while im at it i have another question rgarding he Dwarves, How come none of them help in either movie, i mean the elves helped in the battle for Helms Deep but theonly dwarve during the 2 movies is Gimli,,, whats up with that? are the dwarves gonna help in ROTK?

CandyKoRn
No, you obviously haven't read the books..

Read the books... K..

Darth Vicious
i really dont have time to read the books, i read the first one and did notice there were a few different things in the movieand the books are kinda long and i work too much thats why i posted the question here in a MOVIE forum and my question was about the MOVIE but thanks for ur kind answer CandY

Exa
Usually the elves also don't

I mean Helms Deep is absolutely NOT important in the book it's just a small battle of MEN against Saruman - only Rohirrim.

Elrond and Theoden both tell us about the dwarves...
by the way, men also didn't help the dwarves.

fini
oh great u guys said everything.........what can i post with regards to the question??..............grrrrr

Darth Vicious
Exa, you said that men didnt helped the dwarves, helped them in what way?

Exa
For example in the battle of Nanduhirion (dimrill dale next to Moria) against all the orcs of the misty mountains... the dwarves ve been fighting the orcs for centuries, and long without the help of men - so why should they help them?

aniron
yes he was talking about the rope and it was elvin rope that sam was given in Lothlorien by galadriel, you see this bit in the extended edition of the fellowship stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.