Nickelback

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Isabelle
I love Nickelback, there music is so awesome.

I love::

Someday
Never again
Just for
Flat on the floor Do this anymore
Because of you
Too bad
How you remind me
Where do I hide
Belive it or not
Throw your self away
Learn the hard way
and A nother hole in the head.

I think nickelback is one of the best rock bands. What is your favorite song?

LanceWindu
How You Remind Me

I also liked when Chad Kreoger teamed with the guy from Saliva (can't remember his name right now) for Hero.

BackFire349
I hate nickelback, they are like a second rate creed.

DemonicGambit
There good

BackFire349
that is definately arguable.

LanceWindu
From the songs I've heard they are good.

BackFire349
that sound generic to me. Just like every other rock band with no distinctive sounds.

Fire
They have some good songs, but nothing awesome BF hasa point when he says they have no distinctive sound. But I do like how your remind me and Never again.

Tho Never Again sounds very familiar in melody tho I can't remember which song it reminds me of

lil bitchiness
im not a nickleback fan at all.....i love creed, but nckleback dont do anything for me....and How you remind me....oh god, that song is so annoying..any song would become if overplayed, and How you remind me was definitevly overplayed!

wicker_man
I must admit i do like Nickelback,i was pretty into them before they became big. I really like there new song (Someday).

BOPRecruit 16
i love their new single "someday"! i'd like to know what the name of their new album is and when it's coming out?

wicker_man
Nickelbacks new album is called 'The Long Road' it is currently available to purchase in the UK im not sure whether or not its available in the US but im pretty sure it should be.

Krisco
I love nickelback, I have his first album and it is very very good. But yes, they have no *distinc* sound of their own.

I also love their new song an awfull lot (someday). Im looking foward to that new album. But I did not loved the video for that song.. I dont know why.

Korri
ITS OFFICIAL THEY RULE!!

zionette
nickelback are cool

Tex
Ugh! I hate bands like Creed, Nickleback and Evanescence!thumb down

BackFire349
I agree with the diva.

drunk_nazgul
miffed
You guys are just so mean.
Creed rocks, Nickelback rules, and Evanescence... well... it goes in there somewhere.

My favorite song is, "Never Again."

cool So, there, BF and Diva!

BackFire349
It's a shame, they all still suck, despite you're realliteration of your opinion.

Like i said, they all have a very generic sound, unimaginative sound. If i hear nickelback, or creed on the radio, i can't tell if it's nickelback or creed. They both sound the same.

drunk_nazgul
Do not. That's only because you don't listen to 'em.

Hmm... What do you listen to, anyway?

Mafia Girl
I agree with BackFire and Diva!

Tex
...and I cant stand that ugly butta face Chad Kroeger!!! He should take some of his money and have some work done on his pelican nose!stick out tongue

oh, and dont take our attacks on Nicklecrap personally, we're attacking those no talent ass hairs, not you smile

BackFire349
TOOL, Dredg, Korn, SOAD, Smashing Pumpkins, Soulfly, fear factory, Machine Head, Deftones, Slipknot, Mudvayne, Pantera.....Generally bands with at least a little talent.

wicker_man
I agree with BF on SOAD,KoRn,Pantera & Smashing Pumpkins but as ive said before i like a variaty of rock/metal from Iron Maiden & Cradle of Filth to Muse & Feeder.

mindbugaling
NICKELBACK SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK
KKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

julibug
i like so many different kinds of music/artists, and i guess i like a little of all "styles". i'm not a big fan of nickelback's, but i do like "hero" from spiderman. now, i don't lump nickelback in with creed. i actually like most of creed's stuff. some of the guitar stuff that guy comes up with is interesting. weird chords & stuff. i can't listen to them for a long time, though, get's old too quickly.

LindsIsTightK
I have NIckelback's first cd. It sucks. The only good songs on it are their two hit singles which are totally played out by now. I really regret buying that cd now erm

BackFire349
Yeah, they blow.

Bad Boy
I've seen Nickelback live and they were well and truelly amazing!

There not talentless either! Sure, the guitarists are nothing special but the drummer and bassist are really tight!

loserib
i liked thier first cd and for everybodys information silver side up was not their first release their first release was clled the state nd had a killer song called about eating mushrooms called swallow
creeds first cd was alos not that bad i expected alot more from them but waht they are putting out now is horrible

mah
They are well and truly abhorrent, in every way.

A4E
do u like this band?? I don't like it very much... it's ok I guess but I LOVE "this is how you remind me" it's like one of my favo songs of all time

shaber
Are they something from the 70s?

Darth Revan
Nickelback fill me with a deep, seething rage... And not in a good way. erm

Syren
I did like them to begin with, but Chad Kroeger's voice really started to grate on me laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
Can I add to Revan's post?...

...not really. We share the same view.

-AC

PeaveyROcker
Originally posted by A4E
do u like this band?? I don't like it very much... it's ok I guess but I LOVE "this is how you remind me" it's like one of my favo songs of all time

i like NIckelback alot. their gutiar playing is good and heavy, not too heavy but its just right. i like the song Because of You the best and i also like their version of Saturday. i even like it bettter then the orginal version that was made along time ago. the only thing i dont like about the band is Chad's singing. its not that bad but after a while i get a little tired of it. but the band is awsum over all. GO Nickelback!

-PeaveyROcker

tabby999
they made one good song (Yanking Out My Heart) then went to shit. they make middle of the road rock music, something we could all do without

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Nickelback fill me with a deep, seething rage... And not in a good way. erm

I must agree with you on this one

Emma718
They are alright

BlackC@t
I LOVED Chad Kroegers' 'Hero.'

There are a few songs of theirs I like.
They're okay.

smittenkitten
They blow.

-Smitten Kitten-

Smasandian
They are horrible.
I'm disgusted that they're Canadian.
Ahhh, horrible.

How about every single song sounds the same. Or sounds generic.

smittenkitten
Oooh, this is how you remind me:

http://www.nintendorks.com/brandon/archives/000475.php

That may be the best proof ever that Nickelback sucks. Not to mention, it's really, really funny.

-Smitten Kitten-

A4E
liek I said they're not the best band... at all.... but I luv the song this is how u remind me... tho I only know about 3 songs of 'em laughing out loud

asianfan
One of the most awful bands in history of music

crap chorus
crap verse
crap chorus
crap verse

Awful awful awful

loserib
their first cd the state was good but anything after that blows

MetallicaT
Originally posted by smittenkitten
They blow.

-Smitten Kitten-

well said

Smasandian
I'll go futher with that.

They blow chunks.

Beast_Within
Originally posted by IceWithin
do u like this band?? I don't like it very much... it's ok I guess but I LOVE "this is how you remind me" it's like one of my favo songs of all time Nickelback...rox..my..sox.. rock

Figured u Out is my fav cool

Darth Revan
Oooh, this is how you remind me:

http://www.nintendorks.com/brandon/archives/000475.php

That may be the best proof ever that Nickelback sucks. Not to mention, it's really, really funny.

-Smitten Kitten-

That's hilarious... The chorus starts at exactly the same time on both laughing out loud

Beast_Within
That's hilarious... The chorus starts at exactly the same time on both laughing out loud one of em isn't even the real 1 laughing out loud

StinkFist462
laughing out loud thats awesome

Beast_Within
Originally posted by StinkFist462
laughing out loud thats awesome one of em sounds like shit laughing out loud

Darth Revan
Left or right?

Darth Revan
Originally posted by Beast_Within
one of em sounds like shit laughing out loud

Both of them, actually erm

smittenkitten
one of em isn't even the real 1 laughing out loud

Uh...right....no, they're definitely two Nickelback songs...with, coincidentally, I'm sure, absolutely identical song structure. Even the melodies are disgustingly similar.

Get over Nickelback. And yourself. And thinking you're right. And that Nickelback is good. In fact, please just stop thinking.

-Smitten Kitten-

Beast_Within
Uh...right....no, they're definitely two Nickelback songs...with, coincidentally, I'm sure, absolutely identical song structure. Even the melodies are disgustingly similar.

Get over Nickelback. And yourself. And thinking you're right. And that Nickelback is good. In fact, please just stop thinking.

-Smitten Kitten- ........i no there both real songs, but one of em sounds like it was sung by an imp no expression

Beast_Within
yawners...

BlackC@t
I like Nickelback.

Beast_Within
Originally posted by BlackC@t
I like Nickelback. Nickelback, rox rock

Darth Revan
........i no there both real songs, but one of em sounds like it was sung by an imp no expression

No it doesn't. There must be something wrong with your speakers. I have so much time on my hands that I used my ear buds to listen to each song all the way through one at a time. *shudder* I had to wash my ears out after that.

Afro Cheese
Nickelback fill me with a deep, seething rage... And not in a good way. erm Word.

Beast_Within
No it doesn't. There must be something wrong with your speakers. I have so much time on my hands that I used my ear buds to listen to each song all the way through one at a time. *shudder* I had to wash my ears out after that. no, how they said that the one in the left speaker sounded shity, it did.

Dr. Strangelove
The only good thing I can say about Nickelback is Simple Plan annoy me just a tinsy bit more.

Darth Revan
no, how they said that the one in the left speaker sounded shity, it did.

What are you even talking about? To start with, they both sounded fine, and nobody else has said that anywhere that I'm aware of.

DEFCON One
Nickelback sucks. their songs are terrible

Beast_Within
What are you even talking about? To start with, they both sounded fine, and nobody else has said that anywhere that I'm aware of. i mean, i know they both sounded the same, but..'ve heard the 1 in the left speaker before, and it sounded a bit...different messed

Red Superfly
I didn't mind Hero from Spider-Man. Am I evil?

Beast_Within
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I didn't mind Hero from Spider-Man. Am I evil? no, ur not. it was actually pretty good

Darth Revan
i mean, i know they both sounded the same, but..'ve heard the 1 in the left speaker before, and it sounded a bit...different messed

So have I (sadly) and there was nothing wrong with it. Check your speakers.

Beast_Within
So have I (sadly) and there was nothing wrong with it. Check your speakers. *whacks speakers*

like, it sounds like it was sung in a higher tone, to me

smittenkitten
Even if they did change the tempo of one song (they sound the same to me) to sync them up, the fact remains that that song structure and melody are almost identical. Still pathetic. Still bad.

-Smitten Kitten-

Beast_Within
watever stick out tongue

VoxNova
Their first release was Hesher...then came Curb. Following that was The State, Silver Side Up, and The Long Road. For the amount of success they have achieved, they are absolutely the most grounded and generous guys. Don't like 'em?...don't listen. I love NB... and am curious to see how they'll sound with Daniel Adair on drums now. Ciao!

minwoo4ever
nickelback's ok

Bad Boy
LOL

I saw them in Cardiff in 2002. To be honest they were amazing live! Wicked show!

But ummm the music.... well let's just say I grew out of it!

The best way to listen to Nickelback is to listen with a comedy perspective. I mean, Mr Kroeger takes himself REALLY seriously... and he has a lyric that goes... "I like the white stains on your dress!" Chad??? Damn!!!

Beast_Within
Originally posted by Bad Boy
LOL

I saw them in Cardiff in 2002. To be honest they were amazing live! Wicked show!

But ummm the music.... well let's just say I grew out of it!

The best way to listen to Nickelback is to listen with a comedy perspective. I mean, Mr Kroeger takes himself REALLY seriously... and he has a lyric that goes... "I like the white stains on your dress!" Chad??? Damn!!! that song isn't bad though stick out tongue

cad
so what is your favorite song from nickelback.

cad
by the way these are randomly selected and remember if you have chossen other then please say what it is.thank you.

Lana
None. Nickelback sucks.

Korri
Originally posted by Lana
None. Nickelback sucks.

Amen.

Darth Revan
Nickelback are one of the most shamefully generic, cliche, and overplayed rock bands of our day. They represent everything bad about rock and roll.

StinkFist462
yes, they suck, we all know.

Imaginary
I used to like How You Remind Me... but keep in mind, I was 10 at the time erm

SnakeEyes
none of the above...

RedAlertv2
Nickelback is crap.

cad
can you guys read well looks like you cant because let me remind you this is a nickelback thread so whats the point coming in saying stuff about them just whats the point.

Deathblow
So let me get this straight, you're saying we're not allowed to come into a Nickleback thread and say stuff about Nickleback? H'okay then...

cad
Originally posted by Deathblow
So let me get this straight, you're saying we're not allowed to come into a Nickleback thread and say stuff about Nickleback? H'okay then... yeah but honestly what is the point comeing on and saying shit about them, i dont get it.

sai12
That is the point of having a thread like this! They can come in and say their piece about Nickleback, good or bad! I personally like the band. I like The Long Road over Silver Side Up, but who knows. Maybe they are over played, I know I wouldn't know that cuz I don't listen to the radio.

This is a thread, cad, let them say what they will. Its not out of hand or anything. People are entitled to their opinions! smile

PINBALL
Nickleback is horrible

StinkFist462
Originally posted by cad
yeah but honestly what is the point comeing on and saying shit about them, i dont get it.

its a forum, get used to it

cad
sorry i dident mean to say stuff like that.

lilmisskitten
I chose this is how you remind me purely coz its the only one i know lol

big grin they are a lickle bit sucky though although i can sit through one of there songs

eggmayo
I dont 'like' it but I can sit through 'How you remind me' while rewriting the words in my head

StinkFist462
this is how, you annoy me. with your shitty song

eggmayo
prefeckingcisely.

StinkFist462
wink

SeptemberRain
I say Boo Nickelback

BlackC@t

laughing

I actually like Nickelback. He, at least they're not emo. I like 'This Is How You Remind Me.'

StinkFist462
how the hell did i think of this ?
why are you still listening !

AdventChild
someday or how you remind me.....i voted fore someday...

Britrogue
Can I have a thread on Nickelback? Please? I really like Nickelback!

botankus
You Brits like that word, "rubbish," don't you?

I only like one song by them. It's called "Never Again." And no, I do not like it because it describes my life or anything like that. stick out tongue

Morning_Glory
umm Music forum

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
umm Music forum

exactly what I was thinking yes

note

Britrogue
Hey, If Britney can be in here, why can't they? And I assume you put the rubbish there Botankus? stick out tongue
Never Again is a really cool song.

botankus
I'm not telling what I voted for. If you'd really like to know, you can contact my lawyer.

So, Britrogue, do you like the song, "Figured you out?"

Britrogue
Haven't heard that one yet, but I'm planning on buying "The Long Road" tomorrow. So, I'll let you know on Monday!!!!
But Silver Side Up is the only album I've ever owned where I've liked ALL of the tracks on it.

botankus
Let me just warn you, "Figured you Out" isn't your typical Nickelback song. eek!

Britrogue
Ahhh...yes! I know exactly which one you're talking about now. I have a music video for X-2 on my PC, featuring that song. Isn't it the one that starts "I like your pants around your feet"?

botankus
Yes, that would be it. Now I know it isn't 2 Live Crew or anything rough like that, but it's still stretching it for Nickelback's sake.

That's always been a pickup line for me, but ever since the song came out, everybody's been using it before I can get to it.

Britrogue
Ahhhhh......................... roll eyes (sarcastic)
So far I haven't heard a song of theirs that I don't like. Even down to Hero (which I know wasn't Nickelback, but it was the same guy!)

botankus
What are you rolling your eyes at me for? I'm proud of that pickup line! Last week it worked on Mathilda, a very attractive 92-year old hottie.

Britrogue
The most overused chat up line I've ever experienced is "Nice dress, I bet it would like great on my bedroom floor."
I think I may put up a poster in my hometown, stating that we've all heard it, and can they guys come up with a new one?

botankus
So they're called chat-up lines? Learn something new every day.

I'm going to try that one with the dress and the bathroom. I don't think it's commonness is quite as rampart across the Atlantic.

What about this one:

"Was your dad a baker? 'Cause you've got nice buns!"

Britrogue
laughing Never heard that one before!

Actually, the chat-up lines are going out of fashion over here. These days, guys just grab you and expect you to fall under their spell. It's very rude. disgust

botankus
Just grab you and they fall under their spell?

* looking up flights to the UK *

haha, just kidding. If you grab a girl over here, it's harrassment or assault!

Britrogue
Originally posted by botankus
Just grab you and they fall under their spell?

* looking up flights to the UK *

haha, just kidding. If you grab a girl over here, it's harrassment or assault!

That's it, I'm moving over there! Swear to God, I went out last Saturday, was down a local club with a friend, just having a dance, and some guy I have NEVER laid eyes on in my life, just grabbed my hand and tried to drag me off with him! After I'd wrenched my hand out of his, without a word he grabbed my friend's arm and tried to do the same to her. I've had some bloke try and put his hand down the back of my trousers before. Damn cheek! mad

botankus
What a loser. Did that guy think he was in some kind of Pepsi commercial or something?

If you tried to put your hands down someone's trousers (uninvited, of course!) over here, you had better pray that she didn't know ANYONE - Friends, security, employees - in the club. If she does, you had better start running.

Britrogue
Originally posted by botankus
What a loser. Did that guy think he was in some kind of Pepsi commercial or something?

If you tried to put your hands down someone's trousers (uninvited, of course!) over here, you had better pray that she didn't know ANYONE - Friends, security, employees - in the club. If she does, you had better start running.

See, I always thought the law over there was better than over here. If you sprayed perfume into the eyes of some guy who dragged you into a dark alleyway, he could sue you for assault in England! You're not even allowed to smack an intruder with a baseball bat. What a joke.

botankus
Well, don't get ALL your hopes up just yet.

We still have pesky little things called lawyers over here, too. Ever seen Liar, Liar with Jim Carrey? Remember that scene where his secretary is talking about how a burglar was breaking into her friend's house and fell through the roof. He landed on a cutting knife and sued her friend.

And then her line: "Because of guys like you, my friend had to pay the burglar five thousand dollars. Is that justice?"

To which Carrey replies, "I'd have gotten him ten."

Britrogue
But that's just a film.........................right? I thought you guys could shoot people who broke into your house?

botankus
Yes, you can, but make sure you don't do anything stupid.

If you make one mistake in your "self-defense" , the lawyers will eat you alive.

tabby999
depends, if its nickelback jogging on the street and you fire through the wall and kill them, i'm sure you'll get a medal and some kind of cash prize, possibly a award for your work in helping the music world develop

Darthburgerking
I actually really dislike Nickle back, there right there down with Good Charollete, but I want to ask, Britrouge why do you like them so much?

LiveAndLetDie
eh, I don`t like them, but I don`t hate them, either. I do think they`re overplayed, though

Darth Revan
Nickelback are really bad. Possibly the worst band that ever achieved succes.

yerssot
I can go down a whole list of bands that are worse DR wink
Though the only song I ever liked was "How you remind me" yes

Britrogue
Originally posted by Darthburgerking
I actually really dislike Nickle back, there right there down with Good Charollete, but I want to ask, Britrouge why do you like them so much?

I don't know, it's the lead singer. Chad Kroeger. I really like his voice. It's kind of....soothing in a weird way.

bordom
I don't mind Nickelback's music at all smile

SnakeEyes
Then some people probably envy you...

I know that whenever I hear that "Photograph" song on the radio I cringe in agony.

amity75
To this day as a veteran of nearly 300 gigs Nickelback are the only band I've ever walked out of. I saw them at the Glasgow Barrowlands a few years ago and after about 4 crap, meaningless songs into the set the bass player stood on top of his amp and started doing pelvic thrusts. That was it for me.

SnakeEyes
laughing

Maybe that's what hell is like...

mysterio69
nickleback have not and will not ever contribute anything to rock music or music in general. if anything, they dumb it down.

bordom
Originally posted by amity75
To this day as a veteran of nearly 300 gigs Nickelback are the only band I've ever walked out of. I saw them at the Glasgow Barrowlands a few years ago and after about 4 crap, meaningless songs into the set the bass player stood on top of his amp and started doing pelvic thrusts. That was it for me.
laughing out loud Oh my

Emma718

el_barto
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Then some people probably envy you...

I know that whenever I hear that "Photograph" song on the radio I cringe in agony.

Why? Don't you like looking at that photograph, wondering why every time it makes you laugh?? What's wrong with you?!

bordom
laughing out loud

Bierbommetje
The State and Curb are pretty decent (though nothing more). They went down the drain with Silver Side Up. They were never original, innovative and they never had a distinctive sound, but at least the first two albums contained a hand-full of decent songs.

tomsgurlz
I used to think nickleback was gay but my cuz bought me their newest all the right reasons and im sad to say i actually liked it

Arctic
Nickelback is a really good band. I have three of their albums, The long road, Silver Side up, and All the Right Reasons. And for any of you who say Nickelback sucks, they won the best rock band award. That must mean most people think they are good, unlike the crap you listen to.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Arctic
Nickelback is a really good band. I have three of their albums, The long road, Silver Side up, and All the Right Reasons. And for any of you who say Nickelback sucks, they won the best rock band award. That must mean most people think they are good, unlike the crap you listen to.

The best rock band award given by who? Certainly not anybody who knows good music. And who was second? Green Day? Good Charlotte? Avril Lavigne? Oh no, not Avril, she's all punk afterall, right?

~Flamboyant~
Nickelback is a really good band. I have three of their albums, The long road, Silver Side up, and All the Right Reasons. And for any of you who say Nickelback sucks, they won the best rock band award. That must mean most people think they are good, unlike the crap you listen to. There is a difference between being good, and being popular.

Arctic
Oh yeah, crap music really becomes popular doesnt it? I dont think so.

Bardock42
Oh yeah, crap music really becomes popular doesnt it? I dont think so.

Yes it does. Avril Lavigne, Britney Spears, Panic at the Disco, Nickelback, Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block, Wham, Aha.

~Flamboyant~
Oh yeah, crap music really becomes popular doesnt it? I dont think so. Are you serious?

Arctic
Yes

Bardock42
Yes Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes it does. Avril Lavigne, Britney Spears, Panic at the Disco, Nickelback, Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block, Wham, Aha.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>