Best DVD ever ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Which has it all ? great movie, great extras, great sound, great vision etc... ?

Lord_Andres
in the moument it's LoTR FOTR Extended edition, November it'l be TTT Extended and in one year it'l be RoTK Extendedsmile

ivyem
Well, it's gonna b Pirates of the Caribbean, i can feel it pirate

slinger
The Best DVD ever movie-wise is The Matrix Reloaded, so far(I'm still waiting for Revolutions) but the best extras-wise are the LotR Extended Editions.

Punker69
Mine would be The Matrix Reloaded

Furiae
The Extended Editions for LOTR's and anything done by Pixar...they are full and packed...worth the cash if you are a fan

wicker_man
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
Red Dwarf Series 1 & 2 (so far....)

Lady Bri
Best DVD ever? Either of the extended LOTR versions!

LindsIsTightK
There are so many movies out there that it is hard to judge that but I would probably say that The Matrix Reloaded is the best one out right now.

BackFire
The 4 disc LOTR's set's are unarguably the best as far as content goes.

Wolfie
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back have a whole bunch of special features to it.

Tired Hiker
Plus the Smeagol Statue rocks. I have him up on my wall next to last year's Argonath bookends.

Furiae
When they come out with a Matrix Extended that takes a great movie and adds 40 minutes making a 10 a 12 (on a 1-10 scale) then my Matrix DVD's might find a spot close to the front next to my LOTR Extended Editions...8 disks at almost the same cost as the 2 MAtrix movies full of nothing different than conceptually what is on MOST summer hit films on DVD (i.e. T3, Spiderman, Hulk, SW Ep I and II etc...)

I am a huge fan of both but I don't see how ANYONE can argue that J=Peter Jackson has created DVD's for FANS, 4 FULL disks...
The Matrix DVD's to date are nothing short of the movie and some HBO behind the scene stuff lengthened...no real depth and nothing ESPECIALLY for the fans that have been there from the beginning dedicated and waiting in lines for hours on end. I am not owed this but when LOTR comes through, WOW!!!! The only 2 DVD's I have EVER purchased where I can say I ripped the store off $$$$ wise... Fellowship Extended and Two Towers Extended... DAYS WORTH of DVD content....Reloaded was done that night....

I am still holding out for the box set of the MAtrix movies with deleted or extended scenes or at least the W Bros. talking about what the idea was, how is was made, what their intentions were. A full in depth story from them. Here is a BILLION dollars W Brothers, now give us a little something extra...smile

Lord Soth
LotR: Both Ext. Editions. No question, no argument, no doubt

BOPRecruit 16
lotr

MovieKiller
Well I have to say that TLOTR is the best movie I've ever seen... the extras are spectacular... NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT AND END OF THE DISCUSSION. cool

Although Matrix Reloaded is not so far behind. big grin

SmshtPumkn
I see a lot of people favoring LOTR and Matrix which are great but anyone check out the Fight Club and Godfather DVD set? Those are AWESOME! Great movies and good bonuses. Also the new Scarface kicks some ass too. Kevin Smith puts lots of interesting extras on his discs too...

Lord Soth
Not as good as LotR

cycochic
I would have to say LOTR as well, because not many dvd's have three discs of jst extended footage!!! I know as soon as I have sed this loads of people will prove me wrong but o well. Does nobody think that the new extended empire records dvd rocks? rock

Evil Dead
Okay.......

I loathe Lord of the Rings with a passion.........but own both movies because my wife loves them.......still, I hate the films.

I must say that the extended versions of the two LOTR movies have to be the best dvds ever..........I'm not a fan of the series but the discs are chock full of extras for those of you who are.

total metalhead
Jackass the Movie is an excellent film (if you like that kinda thing) and it has tons of brilliant extras. it gets my vote.

Lord Soth
Die Hard's good too

cycochic
I only found one bit funny in the whole of the jackass movie, that was the golf bit, other than that I think the actual series is better!!

clavis9495
The best dvd ever is matrix reloaded!

total metalhead
the series is better but i still love the movie. have you watched the additional footage? some of that is hilarious.

mikeysgothicgur
SLC Punk is one of the best DVD's I have ever rented in my life. It's very educational and teaches you alot about the things you realize growing up and about life. I recomend it to all ages!

cycochic
I have seen the extended footage and its okay but i still stand by what I said in the first place. The series has a lot more variety in it and one episode even has brad pitt in it, now that was funny!!!! Especially the bit where he got kidnapped!!

Punker69
SLC punk was very cool and teaches you about the true life of a punk.And tells you about posers.

Camellia
Well, not that I am going to have a biased opinion but...any of the LotR EEbig grinbig grinbig grin

Lord Soth
Lord of the Rings: Extended Edotion certainly take the cake when it comes to amount of extras, and quality

Punker69
MATRIX 1&2!

Storm
the LOTR extended editions

wicker_man
Okay heres a couple of dvds categorized into particular categories regarding best ofs...

Best Audio Commentary :
Tom Savini ~ Dawn of the Dead,
Reece Sheersmith, Mark Pemberton, Jeremy Dyson & Mark Gatiss ~ The League of Gentlemen,
Craig Charles, Chris Barrie, Norman Lovett, Robert Llwelyn & Danny John Jules ~ Red Dwarf

Best making of featuretes :
Snatch
The Wicker Man

Best overall value :
Lord of the Rings : TFotR & TTT
Terminator 2 : Judgment Day
Band of Brothers

Best Series DVD:
The Simpsons
Fawlty Towers
Band of Brothers

Best Interviews:
John Cleese ~ Fawlty Towers

Best Miscellaneous Feature:
The lego dancing knights ~ Monty Python & The Holy Grail

burlyman
wicker man you rule at movies! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/pray.gif

Lord Soth
T'is true big grin

wicker_man
Why thank you gentlemen, im humbled.

burlyman
and tv, and possibly music.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

russ_mathers
Mine would be 8 Mile, its got a bonus video of the track 'superman' and its truely a great film it deserves to be on a dvd, rather then a video

Takuma
I'd have to say.......either LotR, or big trouble in little china

Lord Soth
The Indiana Jones Box set is bretty good

njherbz741
mine is

Terminator 2 Judgement Day
and X-men 1.5

Bungee_toad
i think the is the triple x movie ( vin diesel) or x-men 2

wicker_man
I was a bit lazy last time so i thought i'd do a complete run down of my favourite DVD's ever categorized into a series of listings:

DVD with the...

Best Set of trailers ~
Dog Soldiers
28 Days Later

Best Audio Commentary ~
Dawn of the Dead - Tom Savini
The League of Gentlemen - Reece Sheersmith, Mark Pemberton, Jeremy Dyson & Mark Gatiss
Red Dwarf - Craig Charles, Chris Barrie, Norman Lovett, Robert Llwelyn & Danny John Jules
Army of Darkness : Evil Dead 3 - Bruce Campbell & Sam Raimi

Making of Featurettes ~
Snatch
Monty Python & The Holy Grail
Dog Soldiers
The Wicker Man : The Directors Cut
Jurassic Park
The League of Gentlemen : Series 1 & 2

Miscellanious Features ~
The Death Game - Final Destination
The Dancing Lego Knights ~ Monty Python & The Holy Grail
Jump To A Death ~ Jason X & Final Destination 2

'Gag' Reel ~
Dog Soldiers
Rush Hour 2
The Mummy Returns

Creative Features ~
Hannibal
Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Deleted Scenes
Ali G In Da House
Misson Impossible 2

All Round Value ~
Band of Brothers
Terminator 2 : Judgement Day
Lord of the Rings : TFotR
Lord of the Rings : TTT
The Wicker Man : The Directors Cut
The Simpsons - Seasons 1, 2 & 3
Jackass : The Movie

Freddy_vs_Jason
jeepers creepers 2 isnt my favourite dvd and its not even out here yet, but can sum1 tell me wot happens in the deleted scenes?

bunnies = omens
hmm I dunno either my Buffy or angel dvds or Chicago big grin

Freddy_vs_Jason
vin desil cant act for shit and the triple x movie sucks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.