Southpaw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dim
Is anyone else left handed?..I don't know why I care..just wondering.

keokiswahine
nope, but I do use my left hand and foot, too, so am kinda ambidexterous big grin

ratcat
Dim? You're left handed? I never noticed....

*Feels Bad*

Gundark
You spent a week in WDW and didn't notice she was left-handed ????????? It must be a male thing. I dated Tommy for 5 months. The fifth month a realtor came to list the house he was selling. He went on about her blue eyes to me and I quickly shut mine and said "what color are my eyes?" He couldn't tell me. Boy, I got him !!!!!!! evil face

Dim
Yeah I'm left handed...

RC, I don't really see how you would have noticed..I don't remember ever writting anything while we were in Orlando... laughing out loud

ratcat
OH, that's right, you kept forgetting your credit cards. laughing out loud

No wonder I'm broke!!!!

keokiswahine
Ah ha, RC, the famous I forgot my wallet scenario. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gundark
To go along with "gee, I ran out of gas on this back country road in the middle of the night" scenario. hehehe.

to answer your question, Dim, I am right-handed. My brother is a southpaw and so are two of my co-workers.

ratcat
Keo? Were you there? That's EXACTLY what she said......

Gundark
Thats what confusion will do to you. wink

ratcat
Don't get me started......

Gundark
Well what hand did she eat with at WDW ?

ratcat
I don't know, she kinda just scooped it all up on her tongue....

Dim
NO I didn't!!!! eek!

Ushgarak
Oh dear...

ratcat
You remember Jar Jar with the fruit, well this was worse.

Still, it had its uses. laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Oh DEAR...

ratcat
Yeah, she was great for getting coins out of drain holes. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Um... handy, I guess...

keokiswahine
RC, you are dead meat. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dim
Hmph..ARe you still going to stand by that whole bit about me saying I lost my wallet and that I eat with my tongue then? roll eyes (sarcastic)

ratcat
Well, you did forget you wallet at leats once but that was my fault as I remember.

OK, I take it all back....

How's Tink?

Dim
Just fine..thank you very much big grin

ratcat
Oh goody....

queeq
Tink? confused

ratcat
Uh huh. Can we help you? cool

queeq
Yes, you can. Two Tinks please?

ratcat
queeq, I find it impossibvle to imaginbe a situation when I would give you a tink.

queeq
Seemed like an orginal way to find out what a tink was. Sorry.

ratcat
Ask the recipient...

queeq
Okay. Dim, can I have tow tinks please?

ratcat
Tow?????

queeq
You never heard of tow tinks? Ask the recipient.

ratcat
Oh I have.... She thinks you're crazy.

queeq
The recipient's always right.

queeq
I always notice such things. Hair cut, southpaws, anything.... director's eye I guess.

ratcat
Actually, I did notice on the very first night as she paid for dinner with he credit card - And before anyone says anything, she paid up on a bet by buying dinner...

Just thought I'd see what reaction I got, clearly I am a bad person.... laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

queeq
Didn't she need to sign anything when she paid with the credit card then?

ratcat
Yes, she did. THAT was when I noticed. That was what I was saying, I did notice within hours of meeting.... In fact, it was mentioned in conversation. smile

Ratcat
I know that, I don't think that point was in dispute...

keokiswahine
in that case, may I please have two twinks? roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

ratcat
Twinks? We have n o knowledge of twinks

Gundark
Tow tinks are a distant relative of the squik.

ratcat
I have no knowledge of Tow tinks or Twinks.

I just know aboat a single Tink.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gundark
That I found in my pudding. So I called the waiter over and demanded a free dinner !!!

queeq
Free fried tow tink. Not bad, mind if I join you?

ratcat
You are both fools!!!! stick out tongue

Just cos you have no Tink!

Gundark
My squik has a tink.

queeq
Your tow squik?

ratcat
Well Gundy, I hope it looks after it... laughing out loud

queeq
The thing is that the tow squik is exceptionally rare this time of year. So you better check if it's that or just a regular squik.

Dim
Awwwwwwwwwww...
*dreams of tow tinks and squiks*
I love my Tink...

ratcat
big grin Aren't surprises nice... big grin

Sadly, I believe this thread will be long gone before she is able to respond. sad

Gundark
Who ? The squik ?

ratcat
Did you just call Dim a squik???

queeq
We have tow tink. Nothing foolish about that.

ratcat
Nothing to do with Dims Tink.

keokiswahine
who??? confused confused confused

queeq
Yes, the squik. Is it a regular squik like we had in the other bar, or is it a tow squik?

ratcat
A tow squik.

Gundark
I would never call Dim a squik. She doesn't eat chocolate covered marbles does she ?

ratcat
Well, I don't know her THAT well......

ratcat
Actually, no I don't....... roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Oh yes, I think you do.

ratcat
Contrary to your opinion queeq, I don't. Actually, I find it to be the height of arrogance on your part to even make a statement like that.

queeq
My, we are friendly today.

ratcat
Not at all, you presume to know all about my friendship with Dim... That isn't appreciated.

queeq
Not at all friendly? That's what I said.

ratcat
Please don't try and make a joke of it queeq. I'm quite serious here. You have no idea at all, so please don't make like you do.

Now, the topic was lefthandedness...

queeq
Yes, you do.

keokiswahine
surprise, surprise, surprise big grin big grin roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

ratcat
Now Keo, what does that mean?

queeq
so you are seriously unfriendly? Hmmm, interesting. Explains a lot too.

ratcat
Only to you queeq. If you act like an idiot then expect to be treat like one.

I would have thought that three requests for you to drop it would be enough, clearly you feel you have the right to carry on.

finti
"Carry on go posting" big grin a new great British film

queeq
So now I'm an idiot. And it seems you like to dictate who can say what. So all in all, you set limits to what I can say, yet you take all the freedom to insult anyone you like in any way you see fit. Now I don't mind the latter, but if you bounce the ball, expect it to bounce back.

Posting your situation of your depressions and personal situation on here does serve the purpose to make us more considerate towards your condition, although I don't think it excuses you from similar actions which you condemn. If you want to play the playful insulting game back and forth, fine with me. But I will not concede to only your rules.

ratcat
Starring a host of dead actors.

Gundark
Well tow squiks eat chocolate covered marbles. And yes, some are left-handed. Well, left-tentacled anyway.

ratcat
Queeq, I was going to reply here but feel it is not the place to do so. Therefore please see the PM I have sent you.

queeq
Yes, I have. Please read my reply.

ratcat
This topic has gone hopelessly wrong, can it be closed please.

queeq
Why? We have not reached 100 yet. We'll continue this great feast until curtain falls at 100 unless we suddenly and mysteriously go back on topic again on say....post no.99.

Gundark
Well I'm gonna go make a squik topic cause I wanna talk about squiks. Then I can stay on topic. Hmmmm...what am I saying ???? stick out tongue

queeq
You'll change your mind when you eat one. laughing out loud Besides we can do that here. Just remember that at post no. 99 we have to talk about left handed squik and then we'll be fine for another 100 posts. evil face

Ushgarak
I see Queeq's unique interpretation of the thread rules is spreading...

queeq
Hey, I didn't make up the rules. I just.... apply them uniquely.

Ushgarak
... so they end up nothing like they started. You Chaosmonger, you...

queeq
Well, yes. I have elevated chaotometrie to an art form the world has never seen before. I'm kinda proud of that.

Ushgarak
Did Gundy help?

queeq
Of course. She's my muze.

But she has been busy developing the art of mayhemonology, which was just as impressive as my achievements.

Ushgarak
When do we see the pinacle of that?

queeq
Well, the greatness of it all is that it's not that visible. It's sort of in the air, it happens, it's all around us, penetrates us and takes this board apart. You must feel chaos and mayhem flow, between you and me, between the bar and the guests, between the debates and the users, even between us and Raz.
Destructive beings are we, not these polite posters.

Ushgarak
Hmm... I'm more into Paladin-like microscopic symbiotic creatures, myself. Without them life would not exist. And we would have no knowledge of the boards.

queeq
You see there's the problem. They live as symbionts with you, that's where we disrupt them. At the core.

Ushgarak
Good luck! They transcend your primative concepts.

queeq
You overestimate their chances, I think.

Ushgarak
You will understand, one day

queeq
Only at the end, YOU will understand.

keokiswahine
W - A - I - T confused confused FOR ME. eek! eek!

I'm lost as usual in all this stuff, whatever it is. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

keokiswahine
I've heard that left hand bowlers have a better accuracy in strikes. Also, southpaw pitchers are supposed to have a better strikeout record, and lefty batters have a better homerun record.

Anyone heard about other records southpaws are supposed to be great at? big grin big grin big grin

Am I on-topic for a change? rolling on floor laughing

queeq
I always wonder if left-handed people have trouble writing things, since their hands smear the ink of the worse they just wrote.

ratcat
Good topic save there!!!

I always notice that LHP have to hold their pens with their hand kinda curled around to avoid doing that. I always think it looks really uncomfortable.

Gundark
My brother is LH, so he always sits at an end of the dinner table at my parents for holiday dinners. But somehow he always ends up with all the rolls. laughing out loud

Keo, you're confusing me posting on topic like that. Please stop it immediately. rolling on floor laughing

Gundark
So I gather that your mom is left handed, RC ?

queeq
laughing out loud

Dim
I tilt the paper so that it's sideways instead of curling my wrist like alot of people do. That way I don't smear ink.

I heard a couple weeks ago that some people think that every left handed person is a surviving twin. I thought that was interesting..not true..but still interesting.

queeq
Surviving twin? Why would they think that?

Gundark
Well hi Dimmy ! How the heck are ya ? cool

ratcat
Actually Gundy, she isn't. I have no idea why she was doing it. confused

queeq
Family trait I guess.

ratcat
What, being strange. I tell her that. laughing out loud

She'd prbably laugh and bake you an apple pie, that's my mom!!!

queeq
I'll send you the address where she send me the pie.

ratcat
Well, she dows make an exceedingly good pie.....

Gundark
(Gets big glass of milk ready) Ten cent slice over here please !

ratcat
And her Rhubarb Crumble, well words fail me on how yummy that is.

Gundark
Send that too. BTW, you got your post in before I did in RP, RC. My post was we were still in the ship, if it sounded out of order, but I think you moved us along now. cool

Ushgarak
OOh... can we do some flashy mod thing and switch them?

queeq
So lefthandedness is a good thing to end up with all the goodies? Hmmmm, maybe I should learn to switch.

ratcat
My mother babysits our son 2 days a week and we caught her trying to teach him to be left handed. Mandy through a fit! laughing out loud

keokiswahine
Lefties are lucky because they get pushed to the end of the table, and therefore, they are not crunched between other people around the table. big grin big grin roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Depends on what end they sit.

keokiswahine
confused confused confused

ratcat
He has a point.

keokiswahine
I was thinking of a rectangle table, with the southpaw at the end of the long side with the left hand hanging over the open edge. or actually sitting at the head/foot of the rectangle table. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

ratcat
Over analysis spoils the confusion.

keokiswahine
*sigh* confused confused confused

ratcat
Oh, bless... laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

ratcat
Darn Lefty's...... laughing out loud

queeq
I, on the other hand, LIKE lefty's. An underestimated minority.

Gundark
Too much food on the table is never a bad thing.

ratcat
Never said I didn't like em, just said darn em!!!

Too much food? What a preposterous idea. big grin

queeq
What if the lefty is sitting at the other end of the rectangular table, where his right hand is hanging over the edge. He will then, in fact, stimulate the pushing and the shoving.

keokiswahine
Never too much food; always plenty for everyone and anyone, whenever... eek!

ratcat
Always got time for food....

Dim
Hey..I never got to sit by the rolls.. sad

ratcat
Weren't you too busy eating all the pies....

Dim
Hmph!...I don't like pie!

ratcat
Aversion therapy works then! laughing out loud

queeq
How clever! big grin

ratcat
I thought so.... But it took a lot of pies. laughing out loud

queeq
Hmmm, tasty.

Gundark
How about brownies ? Moist brownies.

ratcat
Warm Chocolate Brownies with clotted cream and hot chocolate fudge. YUMMY!!!!

queeq
Huh?

Just moist brownies will do, thanks Gundy. big grin

ratcat
Oh, and a scoop of double cream icecream......

queeq
Nice. I'll have some too.

ratcat
Actually, remaining somewhat off topic. Have any of you guys ever been to TGI Fridays and had the Popcorn Brownie Desert for two?

It's got 4 of 5 warm brownies, toffee popcorn, hot fudge sauce, icecream, chocolate sauce and whipped cream. It must go about 8000 calories, but they are delicious!!!!!

Gundark
Actually I never had it. My fourth bloody mary is my desert. Hehehe.

I always knew queeq liked moist brownies. evil face

queeq
Of course.

Great foods, RC, bet that'll be the death of us in true SW fashion. big grin

Dim
I want chocolate brownie pie...HOW COME I NEVER GET SAT NEXT TO THAT!! sad

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>