LUCAS RACIST NO BUT THE JEDI COUNSIL?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARTHWALKER77
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY I DIDNT HAVE PERMISSION TO THAT FORUM. IM A FAN. I MIGHT NOT READ ALL THE BOOKS OR KNOW WHO GAVE LUKE HIS FIRST ORGASM AND ALL BUT I STILL LIKE SW AND WAS WONDERING WHY YOU WOULD DEBATE IF LUCAS WAS RACIST WHILE ONLY ALLOWING CERTAIN PEOPLE IN THAT AREA? DOES IT COME WITH TIME?

Jameous Woodshire
Howdy

Most of these folks are from Europe so they are still asleep. I'm sure you will find some answers when you log back in tomorrow after they have read your message.

This is also more a question for that thread, or for the Suport forum.

PS, try not to post in all caps. Unless that's what you meant to do of course wink

ratcat
The Jedi Council is the area reserved for Admins and Moderators where we discuss and plan for operations and improvements of this deiscussion forum.

Moving this topic to the General Discussion Forum as this is not a Trivia question.

queeq
Yes, it's our coven. Only initiates who passed through fire and performed lots of silly and degrading acts to please the elders are allowed in there. Nothing to do with racism, just with being picky. laughing out loud

ratcat
And elitist, don't forget elitist... laughing out loud

queeq
Oh yes, you're right. Elitist and separatist. laughing out loud

ratcat
Seperatist? We could be trapist monks... Nah! laughing out loud

queeq
Well, trapist monks do make an excellent beer.

ratcat
Trapist Monks it is then! big grin

queeq
Amen. We should start a course in chanting.

ratcat
Luuuuuccccccaaaassss, Luuuuuuuucccccaaaass, Lucas, Lucas, Lucas, Luuuuuccccccaaaassss, Luuuuuuuucccccaaaass, Lucas, Lucas, Lucas, Luuuuuccccccaaaassss, Luuuuuuuucccccaaaass, Lucas, Lucas, Lucas, Luuuuuccccccaaaassss, Luuuuuuuucccccaaaass, Lucas, Lucas, Lucas!

queeq
And now.... with melody.

ratcat
And a One, And a Two, And a Three!

Luuuuuccccccaaaassss, Luuuuuuuucccccaaaass, Lucas, Lucas, Lucas, Luuuuuccccccaaaassss, Luuuuuuuucccccaaaass, Lucas, Lucas, Lucas, Luuuuuccccccaaaassss, Luuuuuuuucccccaaaass, Lucas, Lucas, Lucas, Luuuuuccccccaaaassss, Luuuuuuuucccccaaaass, Lucas, Lucas, Lucas!

Gundark
I'll have to admit even I don't know who did that to Luke. smokin'

ratcat
Did what?

queeq
That.

Gundark
RC, you and I are gonna have to have a little talk about you not reading the posts far enough back. You obviously skimmed the first one, you silly, silly boy.

queeq
i think it's lab time for RC, Gundy-dear. evil face

Gundark
Oh goody !!!! Now if a thunderstorm would just pop up.....

queeq
I'll run the treadmill, dear.

Gundark
You're the best assistant a mad doctor could ever have. I'm so glad I built you. laughing out loud

finti
Finti the barman sweeps up all the loose screws from the floor. eek!

queeq
Oh good, we may need them again.

Ushgarak
See? The JC can make light of even the most attacking of threads...

Gundark
Well I'm guessing Raz hasn't read it yet.

ratcat
Oooooooooh, THAT!

Whoopsie.

DARTHWALKER77
didnt expect yall to have that much fun with it smokin' now can someone tell me why i dont have side and bottom scrolls here.
thanx

ratcat
Should have. How are you accessing the site? Is it from another site or have you added the URL to your Favs?

queeq
Darthwalker, you're welcome to be here. Drop by in the Endor Entertainment Establishment for your free drinks.

ratcat
Well of course he's welcome! Everybody is welcome.

Dim
We don't even lock doors around here..

ratcat
Sometimes we live to regret that mistake.... laughing out loud smokin' evil face

queeq
You might. laughing out loud

ratcat
I have no regrets. big grin

queeq
Really. I have some. Wanna borrow?

ratcat
No Ta, regrets are for chumps!

queeq
So I'm a chump? Maybe it has something to do with a conscience.

ratcat
That's different. Why live for regret, as long as you can take responcibility for your actions there's no need to run around regretting everything you do wrong. It's better to learn from your mistakes than mope around wishing you hadn't made them.

Far more constructive.

queeq
Without regret one cannot learn from one's mistakes.

finti
I`ll go out and make a lot of mistakes this weekend that away I learn something too big grin
I do agree with you RC though.

ratcat
That is SO untrue. You can realise you have made a mistake, and learn from it with out having to regret making that mistake.

Regret is for people who would rather mope off their mistakes than get off of their lazy butts and learn from them...

queeq
I you don't regret an action, why wuold you call it a mistake. Calling something a mistake is a sign of regret. Otehrwise you'd justify it.

Ushgarak
I 'like' a bit of regret sometimes; seems pretty appropriate with some things.

keokiswahine
"Regrets; I've got a few, too few to mention..." (Frank Sinatra) big grin

ratcat
Frankly queeq, that's BS. If you have to regret every little mistake just to know it's a mistake then you just end up being a manic depressive.... Oh, well in you case then...

REGRET (Vowel or Nown): Feel or express sorrow or repentance or distress over an action or loss; A feeling of sorrow, repentance, disappointment, etc over an action or loss.

You can realise you have made a mistake without having to feel sorrowful about it. You can learn from that mistake and do better next time.

Sometimes there will be regret, but regret is not a prerequisite for the realisation of a mistake or the learning process that can follow. IMHO OC

Ushgarak
Queeq a manic depressive? I am sorry, those two concepts do not seem to fit to me...

ratcat
Well, he seems to have the regret thing going on,

keokiswahine
queeqer ???? nah, he's just stuck in gear; it's the full moon. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) confused smokin'

Ushgarak
I think this one may be boiling down to different definitions.

queeq
Boiling? Is the debate that heated?

ratcat
How said, at any time, about firmly staying away from regret? Certainly wasn't me.

However, if you regret every little, tiny mistake then surely that takes away the value of regret cos you just treating every mistake in the same way.

I can say, with great certainty, that in recent months I have made a great many mistakes, however I do not regret all of those mistakes because they allowed me to grow as a person. Sure there are some regrets, but those mainly lie around consequences of some actions and not the actions themselves.

Regret everything and deminish the value of regret. Regret the important mistakes and regret becomes a useful tool to self development and growth.

AIMHO OC... wink

queeq
Sure, I'll be a manic depressive if you want.

However, staying so firmly away from regret is perhaps just a way of hiding insecurity. I know when I make a mistake, and I hate making mistakes. Perhaps that's just the perfectionist in me talking, but I am not shying away from admitting I screwed up and that that was not a good thing. Regret is good, it keeps you humble and it shows other people that what your true intentions are. But you have it your way.

queeq
"Der Klugste gibt nach."

You're absolutely right of course.

ratcat
Which means.

finti
the smartest/most wise gets......
wan ich genug hab hau ich ab.

ratcat
Ah ha, meaningless then.

phinney6
Here is what RC means Queeq,

If your son was killed by a Terrorist and you shot him, you had no regrets doing it, but you were sent to jail, you got out and learned to shoot somebody with a silencer and to wear gloves.

Ushgarak
I would be seriously worried about myself if I had no regrets doing it.

ratcat
mad Phin, I meant NOTHING of the sort!!! mad

freeq
Ah thanks, phin, that makes it much clearer now. big grin

BTW, "Der Klugste gibt nach" means "The Wisest gives in." So RC, you're absolutely right and thanks for the advice. *writes down silencer on grocery list*

Ushgarak
You can buy silencers in Dutch Grocers?

freeq
You can buy anything at dutch grocer's: drugs, women, guns, tulips. You name it, we have it. laughing out loud

finti
elevation? big grin

freeq
Sure, we can arrange that.

ratcat
So by giving in you are saying you are wiser on this subject?

But in quoting that saying you haven't backdown, just attempted to elevate yourself above me with that statement.

*sighs*

freeq
Well neither really. The latter was just done because you requested an explanation. You could have chosen to brush up on your German, but you decided to ask me instead. I was of course, as always, willing to help out and gave you the answer.

So I didn't give, said you were right. By rule I guess that would make me the wisest, but since I didn't make up that line, I did not label myself as such. It was beyond my control.

ratcat
Now here's the thing, as I didn't even know it was German I woas a bit stuck on translating it.

But, in the words of the wise...

Whatever! big grin

freeq
No, now you're just being indifferent. laughing out loud

ratcat
Maybe, maybe not. laughing out loud

finti
Can you tell me the diffrence between maybe and maybe not. big grin

freeq
The difference or indifference? big grin

ratcat
Well one is Maybe and the other is Maybe not...

I thought that was self evident. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

freeq
Sounds very.... committed.

ratcat
I should have been committed years ago.

freeq
Actually you are. You just think you're stil a free man. You have much imagination. evil face

ratcat
You don't know the half of it... evil face

freeq
I don't even want to know. cool

ratcat
It's better that way.

queeq
Yes, so I've heard. laughing out loud

phinney6
So you guys wouldn't want to kill the terrorist who shot your son, ok I dont get it.

Gundark
(tiptoes back into thread) So, I think we've concluded here that the JC is not racist. Right ?

phinney6
Do you get what Im saying Gundy

ratcat
That's not what was said either. I think the whole terrorist thing was a bad idea.

freeq
Not racist? Must be boring then. laughing out loud

ratcat
Suffering from a little Keo here!

Ushgarak
I wouldn;t want to shoot him, no, much as I would hate him. I would NOT let him turn me into a killer as well.

queeq
I might WANT to shoot him, but if I'd do it or feel that I SHOULD, that's a whole different matter.

ratcat
I think a long, drawn out torture would be better.

queeq
How evil.

ratcat
More evil than murdering a child?

freeq
No. Same level really. That's the point.

ratcat
I would have said that murder would slightly top torture, not by much but by a little.

freeq
Based on what? Nevertheless, both are evil and it makes you the same as the terrorist. As tough as it may be, that is still the case. Although I'd feel like killing him or tortuting him too, it's not right.

Gundark
Yes, I get what you're saying phin....I totally understand your point. Although I personally prefer slow torture also.

queeq
But you have no kids. You just like torturing. laughing out loud

Gundark
Well what else would you expect from a mad doctor ? evil face

queeq
Exactly that. laughing out loud

Gundark
I do have a reputation to maintain here, you know.

ratcat
Never said it was right. wink

freeq
Never said it was wrong either.

ratcat
So you assume that means I think it's right? Dangerous game to play, putting words in peoples mouths. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Pikachu
When there are so many other, more interesting things, to put on other peoples mouths. stick out tongue

ratcat
Obviously what was meant. embarrasment

finti
hmmmmm... evil face

ratcat
Is that Hmmmmm, or Hmmmmmm!

finti
a little bit of both.

ratcat
Riiiiggghhhtt... roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Anyway, the end. Looks like Pika's hitting on RC. wink

ratcat
Oh my word!

Ushgarak
Sweets, chocolate, ice-cream, I know what you mean.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.