Twilight Zone, Tales from the Crypt...etc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Striel
There is an Outer Limits marathon on the sci-fi channel right now, and it got me to thinking about all of those types of horror/sci-fi shows. Who here LOVES Twilight Zone? What about Tales From the Crypt? Outer Limits? (or any other types of shows like that)

My favorite Twilight Zone episodes are called "To Serve Man" and "The Midnight Sun" and "The Masks".

I have seen about all of the Tales From the Crypt episodes and I think my favorite one is still the remake of the Christmas episode. I think it's called "All through the House".

So what are some of your favorites? Or do you even like series such as this?

Striel
Hmm. I just realized this forum is called a horror MOVIE forum-- I hope it's okay that I posted this here.

DeNiro
yeah its cool but i think there actully is a sci fi forum but ne way bro do u rember a outer limits episode where this kid goes into this abbondoned house and finds a child that is like in all white cloths and always says he needes help from adults and he kills the adults and then there is like a million skeletons in his basment and they keep flashing back to old times when the kid had a father and he was being beating but u find out the kid is actully a ghost but it was my fav outer limits show

Cowboyography
I always was a fan of Twighlight Zone, Remeber Tales from The Dark Side,,, I loved that show

DeNiro
they made a movie about tales from the darkside i rember i think it was really good i liked that show also

Cowboyography
The opening for Dark side always gave me chills, Its a nice fall day and its showing the trees then the scary music starts playing and the film goes to that crazy off color,,, Classic, Hard to beat Twilight Zone though.
"You wanna see something Really Scary, Pull the car over" I love that scene

Striel
I have never had an opportunity to see Tales From the Darkside... at least not that I can recall.

BackFire349
yeah, i love tales from the crypt and twilight zone.

Wolfie
One of my Twilight Zone episodes is Eye of the Beholder. The newer ones had an occaisional good episode but most of them were bad.

Evil Dead
I love, love the old Twilight Zone with Rod Serling...........I have not had the chance to watch one episode of the new Twilight Zone.

I'm also a fan of the Outer Limits, The Hitchhiker, Night Gallery and Tales from the Crypt. Tales from the Crypt often used to piss me off as they always focused on famous actors playing in the sketches.......alot of times they used the wrong actors merely because they were famous, not because they were the best for the role.

Melani
awww man i love the twlight zone i have been watchin that since i was sooo little

HockeyFace
Twilight Zone is GREAT! It is awesome how in almost all of them the bad guy get screwed BAD. Remember the one with the blind guy? The one with the bookworm? What aboutthe one where the criminal dies and he thinks he's gone to heaven? The one where the guy sees who is going to die through mirrors? So AWESOME! Sucks they are on TV so late now.

Striel
Did any of you watch the New Years marathon? Twilight Zone for two days straight. I didn't get a chance to watch any of it, I wish I did.

Hockeyface -- The bookworm one you mentioned, was it one of the ones with Burgess Merideth? I think it was, if so it's a great one. I felt sorry for the guy in the end.

Evil Dead-- good point about the actors in Tales from the Crypt.

Evil Dead
Twilight Zone is played various times through the day on the Sci-Fi channel.......not just at night.

I can't recall the name of it but my favorite TZ episode was when the guy had the watch that stopped time. He broke the watch and froze the world.........and had to live with everybody else being frozen in time.

Mider999
the people who own these shows are getting really lazy, twilight zone has all the eps out so does outer limits, buti dont think tales from the crypt does, tales from the darkside is not even close to having all its shows out probably not even a season, night gallery same thing, then the companies sue you or have you arrested for buying bootlegs, they should sell the entire shows, or they should sell the shows themselves to someone who will, or just let people buy them bootleg, of course this wont happen, they need there bling bling. instead all the seasons of friends, angel, buffy, and such will be on dvd, but amazing stories, and tales from the crypt........nope to there owners they are not worth it.

Mider999
bump

Mider999
the studios should give the licenses to some of the bootlegers that are on the net they seem to know what people want which is sad

NormaBates
definitly 'And all through the house' was great! But the orginal segment with Joan collins is like classic to me!!

NormaBates
Since we're on the subject of the Twilight zone. I still remember one of the most scary segments that i saw in my entire life. As a kid i was traumatised by it and even today i would be kinda nervous to see if it still as scary as when i was a child. Remember the The Twilight Zone the movie? From 1983? Well, Segment 4; Terror at 30.000 feet. the story with John Lilthglow in a plane. He has a terrible fright of flying and at 30.000 feet in the air he suddenly sees something on the wing of the plane...... Very scary stuff!!

Mider999
one of my fav stories is the tales from the darkside ep where the old man brings kids to his house to scare them just to be mean and he's then visited by real ghosts and stuff.

Phoenix*Rising
WOW, these are some of my favorite things to watch! Now I know why I had nightmares. The new Outer Limits are filled with such twists and turns, I love it.

Mider999
the newest ones in color i didnt really like the outer limits.

Deano
if anyone wants the whole collection of tales from the darkside then let me knowbig grin

Mider999
..............lol you trying to get us arrested and yourself?

Deano
no one can arrest me lol
the series is not even released so if i choose to put them on disk and sell them on then thats fine

Mider999
says who..........seriously im not being sarcastic just asking.

Deano
says me wink

Mider999
...............thats really lame

Deano
you asked. i answered

Dope Scriptz
My favorite episodes of the twilight zone are "Nightmare At 2000 Feet", "Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up", "It's A Good Life", "Living Doll", and "The Howling Man" all classics in my opinon..

Mider999
i got a great idea why dont you give us tales from the darkside collections as in GIVE, not sell then you wont be doing nothing illegal i think.

Deano
technically its against the law to borrow out your media to other people.

Mider999
i dont see how, its not against the law to sell your own copy of movies to others. It is your property is it not to sell to others.

Deano
the point is that the law is stupid.

pumas79
i think the idea is that if you buy a copy then the company has made money out of you and there is still only one copy, if you buy it then copy it and pass it on then the company has still only made money from the one copy of it hence the reason,
i think? embarrasment

TRH
Twilight Zone The Movie Tonight on chiller

Mider999
yeah but if i sell it to someone else for more then what i paid that means I have money

pumas79
yes, but the company has still made the value of 1 copy of that film,
if you buy it and copy it then sell it the company has still only made the value of one copy of the film where as if you hadnt copied it then the people you sold it to would have bought a new copy (in theory) and the company would have made more money for selling more copies.

Mider999
isnt it the company who deprives itself of money when they dont wanna sell us there perfectly great shows.

doomsday49
Why don't you all just STFU!!!!

anywayz, Tale from the darkside had the best opening sequence. Scared the hell out of me!

Mider999
why dont you leave your comment and leave and stay out of our convo if you dont like it thanks.

doomsday49
Somebody had to put an end to this nonsense. And stop catching feelings.

Mider999
why dont you stop telling us what to do nobody made you mod, this is a semi mature discussion which might be something you have not been including to perticipate in even though its only semi mature.

doomsday49
Originally posted by Mider999
why dont you stop telling us what to do nobody made you mod, this is a semi mature discussion which might be something you have not been including to perticipate in even though its only semi mature.

why don't you work on your grammar. Oh i didn't know i had to be invited to drop my two cents.

Mider999
rather have manners then grammer thanks, nobody asked for your two cents they where nothing to do with the convo thus they where not even two cents.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.