Why do you find Horror movies scary?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Espantada20
I'm just curious why the movies people choose as the scariest or their favorites are scary.What makes them scary?post your favorite Horror movie and why it's so scary.I really want to know.

BackFire349
well, horror movies dotn scare me, i just find them extremely entertaining and somewhat intriguing. The only one that ever really scared me was teh shining. I guess it was because it dealed with ghosts and im afraid of ghosts and teh super natural. Plus the feeling of isolation in that movie is so overwhelming.

ragesRemorse
the twins lol that movie is great redrum

BackFire349
yep, the old lady that emerges from the bathtub.... *shudders*

lil bitchiness
I like horror, I always have. I was allowed to watch horror since i was really young, cos my unle was a big fan (not just horror, but any movies really, despite the rating)
and horror movies still scare me, even though i grew up watching them...thats what i like about them....Only few have the power to scare me...and its really cool when they do...big grin
Some horror makes you wander about certain stuff!
Like TCM... the film didnt scare me at all, but the fact that there were people like that and that it was done by the true story did!
Do you know...when i watched Candyman first time, i would NOT dare say 'candyman' 5 times in the mirror!

DeNiro
the only real horror movie that actully had me like thinking of it past the time i saw the movie was the ring i would go in my basement and just picture that lil girl in the closet that freaked me out but other then that i just find the movie entertaing and good i like slasher movies and i like a good dumb plot that doesnt have to make sense just alot of killings good sex scnes and i cool killer

grymlock
horror movie just make me high!! am i drunk?? *burb* need to cool down...
cheers mate!! beer

Espantada20
Ok BACKFIRE349,SO YOU SAY YOU'RE SCARED OF GHOSTS?HAVE YOU EVER SCENE THE ENTITY?IT'S A PRETTY SCARY ONE,MAINLY BECAUSE IT'S BASED ON A TRUE STORY.SO IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT I SUGGEST YOU DO.I DON'T USUALLY GET SCARED OF MONSTER MOVIES OR MOVIES WITH PSYCHOS IN MASKS,MAYBE THEY SURPRISE ME OR CATCH ME OFF GAURD FROM TIME TO TIME,BUT I AGREE THAT THEY'RE NOT VERY FRIGHTENING.GHOST MOVIES ARE THE ONES THAT SCARE THE BEGEESUS OUT OF ME.IF YOU GOT ANY MOVIES YOU COULD RECOMEND POST EM UP.IT'S OCTOBER AND THIS IS DEFINATELY THE TIME FOR SCARY MOVIES.

BackFire349
take off the caps lock there.

and every month is october for me, im always watching horror movies.

Espantada20
Sorry to have offended you with the caps.Won't happen again.So what suggestions do you have for movies?

BackFire349
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Dawn of the dead
Day of the dead
Night of the living dead
Last house on the left
Candyman
dead alive
dog soldiers
Henry-Portrait of a serial killer
From dusk till dawn
House of 1000 corpses
Killer klowns from outer space
Last house on the left
Return of the living dead
The thing
John Carpentors Vampires
Zombie Holocaust
Evil dead series
The Beyond
Zombie
Cannibal holocaust.
The Shining.

Michael Myers 1
Hey buddy u 4got one there

Halloween and if u dont think its good well i dont give a damn

Michael Myers 1
those r nothing u wanna see scary/gory u gotta see the Faces of Death its real 100% i think

BackFire349
The majority of the acts in faces of death are fake.

Also, if you dont care whether or not i like halloween then why did you bother to point out that it wasnt on the list.

Michael Myers 1
because i didnt notice that and its a good movie ok heres the ones that i dont like

Halloween 3 and 4
Halloween 4's not bad but its kinda dumb and he looks funny

Jedi Normbodia
Ok Friday The 13th the first 4 were kinda of scary of of their use of blood. After part 5 it just got retarded and they never showed the killsing and if they did they were never as bloody as the first 1 to 4. It's always the use of blood. when Annie got her throat cut in FT13 I was like young and at camp at the time and it freaked me out, cuase I've never seen anything that bloody, till today it seems lame, but it was creepy. Same with Carrie 2 The Rage, the ending freaked me out cause it just turned so ...bloody that was cool. I loved Halloween 1, 2 4,5,6(was gory and cool),7(gory and cool),8(gory and cool) not all the time but in my opinon. Texas Chainsaw Massacre was kinda sad, hope they make it better with remake. I've loved Nightmare on elm street, but again with it's lake in blood styles after part 3. Creeped me out when she cuts her wrist in 3. I had to see them all after the first I promised myself. So it's been like that. aslo in Childs Play 3 with the razor to the guys throat. gory guess it's neck cuts that freak me out. Loved last Nightmare on elm street the new nightmare, Freddy Vs Jason sucked.

Jedi Normbodia
I saw this faces of death with a soilder who had a knife stuck into his throat, then cut through and pulled out, as well as this news guy who shoots himself in the head, that's not fake stuff, they can't fake shots like those too, very disturbing to me.

Jedi Normbodia
The Enity Barbra hershy I agree. The only retarded episode from a movie was the blair witch project, only becuase I saw it at the time that I heard it was real, and that it wasn't fake, and at night I swear I saw a witch or something at the foot of my bed, but was pissed off the next day finding out it was all fake and not real, major let down, had it ben real it may have been cooler.. But then it 's a good thing it was fake right?

Espantada20
Thanks Jodi The Entity is a good movie.I don't mean to offend anyone,but I don't care if I do,Halloween is not scary,I actually think it kinda sucks.Sorry.Friday the 13th,not scary.Dusk til Dawn good action movie but not very scary.I like the part where the Mexican guy is sitting down and he's got that specially made gun down in his privates do the action makes up for the non-scariness.I don't find many vampire movies to be scary so if anyone knows of one that might scare the crap outta me post it up.Candyman was pretty scary when I first saw it,probably cause I was a little kid then.Attack of the killer Klowns,I liked that one,I love Clowns,killer or not.I havent seen the Last House on the left.Whats that one about?Oh almost forgot,Elm Street sucks too.

julibug
see, it seems that a lot of you like the really gory movies. i like movies that are eerie, suspenseful, creepy. creepy is good. like when i watched from dusk til dawn the other night. it wasn't creepy at all. just really gory. i laughed at a lot of the lines, because it was over the top "cheesy", but that kinda goes with the type of movie it is. what about really creepy, eerie movies? some of you have mention the shining. i still haven't watched it, but probably will soon. i have heard that it is definately eerie. i like stuff like the 6th sense. some paranormal stuff, but maybe a little creepier than that.

Michael Myers 1
ok i kno that Halloween isnt that scary but it dont suck especially 6 7 and 8 and can i ask u which ones did u see? i dont think that halloween is that scary i just like it cuz its good ( in my opinion) and Jason movies dont suck but i cant say ne thing about nightmare on elm st. cuz ive only seen 1 and it was pretty good.

so if u think halloween sux fine by me but just tell me which ones u have seen

Lord_Andres
seen all Halloween's ya 6 7 and 8 are the best

Michael Myers 1
i also like 5 alot i own it on dvd the only bad thing is the mask looks funny

Lord_Andres
ya it's bad but not as bad as in part 4 lol

Michael Myers 1
yea he looks like hes fat in that one i think halloween 6 7 and 8 have the best masks and 1

Espantada20
I have seen every Halloween movie,even that stupid one called Halloween that didn't even have nothing to do with Mike Myers,the dumb ass one with the masks and shit.The Halloween sequels suck,especially the most recent one with Busta Rhymes.That was so lame.The only on eI can give a little props to is the Original,the first starring Jamie Leigh Curtis.As for the rest I stand by my original comment that they suck.Jason sucks too.He was just a copy of the masked villain's of movies before.There's nothing scary about it and all the dialog and scenes are so lame it's embarrassing.I've seen all the Friday the 13th Movies and they suck as I said before.Especially Jason goes to Hell.Damn that one was lame.And Elm Street,I won't even waste my energy.And I am still waiting to find out what the hell Last House on the Left is about.

Espantada20
Oh if you didnt know that stupid mask was a William Shatner Star Trek mask that they cut the eyes out of.Also,the guy that wrote that story is from the city where I live and when he was a kid he would run through the streets with his friends acting out horror scenes and scaring the crap outta people.He didn't write the screen plays for those sequels except for the one starring I think his name is Paul Rudd.

Michael Myers 1
ok i dont give a rats ass what u think about mike thats ur opinoin ok. i realy dont care and yea Halloween 3 did suck ass

smokin' smokin'

Espantada20
If you don't care about my opinion,why are you trippin' off it so much?Calm down man.If you didn't like a movie I liked I wouldn't be posting it up so much.Obviously you must give a rat's ass if you keep coming back and posting up.

acie
I would have to say pet sematary is my fave horror flick. Yea, undead things really creep me the F blink ck out. Yet there was just somthing about that musical score that made the hair of my neck stand on end. I guess now it's all in the score. Yea, the score is what makes a scary movie scary.

phantom_gurlz
no movies r scary.they just say its scary so u think its really scary.

ShaKoon
Originally posted by BackFire
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Dawn of the dead
Day of the dead
Night of the living dead
Last house on the left
Candyman
dead alive
dog soldiers
Henry-Portrait of a serial killer
From dusk till dawn
House of 1000 corpses
Killer klowns from outer space
Last house on the left
Return of the living dead
The thing
John Carpentors Vampires
Zombie Holocaust
Evil dead series
The Beyond
Zombie
Cannibal holocaust.
The Shining.

missed one!

the blair witch project ( true story) that was actually filmed by teenagers and they died ( they really died)

BaronOBeefDip
Because I can.

Jason_Krueger
Originally posted by ShaKoon
missed one!

the blair witch project ( true story) that was actually filmed by teenagers and they died ( they really died)

Blair Witch project is not real.....the legend of the Blair Witch isn't real either.....the actors in the movie didn't die......Blair Witch Project is completely FALSE!

beta-wolf_101
I don't actually find horror movies scary but intresting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.