What after the REVOLUTIONS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Osiris
We are waiting 4 the matrix revolutions.....but WHY?
Ever thought what will happen after it?
Assume that in REVOLUTIONS, Zion beats machines but what will happen next?
What should they do to further block the AI evolution? huh

SystemicAnomaly
Will have sequels after Revolutions? confused

Alex-Neo
no they are bringin out a game online called The Matrix Online were you will play a rebel in the matrix. there will be no more matrix films afterwards.

Korri
after Revolutions the matrix goes online stick out tongue

Sifer
Matrix Online = Man vs Man - One side for co-existence, the other side not.

happy kine
that would be neat if you could be an agent in the online game.

nickysan
you can be an agent so all your stats are up high i.e. power, speed or a rouge program and they have unique skills like the twins turning in to ghosts and as a rebel you can learn and lv up faster because of the traning programs. well thats what ive heard/read about it. but if you go to the site fir the game and download the trailer is says "after you reload, after the revolution, the matrix will live on for ever"

nickysan
LOOK!

JediHDM
After Revo., we will continue, whether we continue to come here or not...We will be here in spirit, and we will remember each other forever...

BackFire349
probably more needless sequels will come out to capitolize on the popularity of the series.

JediHDM
no, no, no...the wachowskis are not in it for the money...i have said this countless times before.

Osiris
ha ha ha ha.....big grin

stupids...what you all r talking about?

i didnt mean to know what will happen in "this" world after REVOLUTIONS

i meant to know
"what will happen in the movie's real world after REVOLTUIONS" eek!

Evil Dead
There will be more movies........

The Wachowski Bros. do not own the right to the series.......Warner Bros. does. If the Wachowski Bros. do not want to write the sequels, Warner Bros. will just hire another writer to do so. This happens with most film series. You didn't see Wes Craven writing A Nightmare on Elm St. 2-6 or Freddy v/s Jason did you? No.......he wanted no part of it, didn't stop them from being made now did it.

Keanu Reeves has already stated that he would be up for doing another sequel as long the story was relevant. He didn't want to be a part of a sequel that added nothing to the story line, a movie made just for the money. Even if they can't get Reeves to do it.......there are billions of people plugged into the Matrix, surely a writer could think of a story to center around atleast one of them.

Sifer
Nope Wachowski's own ALL the rights to the Matrix. NOT Warner Bros.

clavis9495
It would be crap if there where more sequels coming out!!!!!

Sifer
Osiris - we know what you meant. And is the reason I said:

"Man vs Man". Online game smile

Evil Dead
you are full of shit..................a movie studio must own the rights to it's film before they even begin shooting it for legal and insurance reasons.............you are out of your mind Sifer.......Warner Bros. owns the rights.....which is why they paid damn near $300 million to make the movies............which is why they were able to insure the production of the film and the safety of the actors..............damn

Sifer
Oh, I suppose the Wachowski's create this ****in masterpiece and then sell it all to a greedy ass studio....errrrrrr no. Wraner Bros own the rights to turn it into a movie but CANNOT do so without the Wachowki's blessing...why? Because it is THEIR idea, they have it copyrighted.

burlyman
Warner Bros have the trademark

Sifer
Evil: I suppose New Line own Lord of the Rings?

JediHDM
HAHAHAHAHA....good one, sifer...

Evil Dead

Sifer
I see it saying:

Programme Content, Artwork, & Photography is copyrighted. Not the characters, not the story and definately not the idea.

JediHDM
um...J.R.R Tolkiens estate OWNS the Lord of the RINGS, because J.R.R.Tolkein wrote the book, and only because the estate of J.R.R.Tolkien allowed them to make a movie, can newline make the movie...the same goes for Matrix. LotR was written a LONG, LONG time before the movie was made...

Sifer
Indeed, Jedi.

Woodstock
but isn't the movie right different then the story? I understand that they had to get permisson to make the move but once they do they have the right to do what they want with it. Thats what I understood, correct me if i'm wrong

Evil Dead
you people are ignorant in filmaking........

When a story is written......it is the property of the writer. The writer then sells the concept to a movie company. The movie company then proceeds to make the movie.

Lord of the Rings was written a long time ago. They recently sold the movie rights to Newline........newline made movies. No other company can do this now. Tolkien's estate could come up and say, "we just found a fourth lord of the rings novel nobody ever knew about" and would not be able to sell it to anybody but Newline. Newline owns all film rights to the works by that name or the characters contained therein.

The Wachowski Bros. could write 10 Matrix movies.........all must be made by Warner Bros. WB owns the film rights. The Wachowski Bros. could not sell a new Matrix script to FOX or Miramax.......only WB. Warner Bros. owns the rights to the Matrix name and all characters portrayed on film.

You people really are extremely ignorant about the film making process to be posting on a site that is completely dedicated to films.

JediHDM
no, they are given a license to make THAT MOVIE...they cannot keep making movies until the cows come home...they have to get the license for it each time...THe Wachowskis didnot go to Warner Bros first, however, it was Warner Bros that was open to the idea (of course, the bros had to make another movie first, but we wont go into that...)

Evil Dead
Film rights are almost never licensed.............that's too big of a gamble for a company. Legal issues could keep the film production from taking place on time.......licenses can change hands when an owner dies, etc.

Usually the only things you will ever see licensed is a character.... Not an entire movie concept............way too much money involved. Nobody wants to be caught holding a $300 million bag that has mysteriously become empty because for some reason your license for a movie has run out or fell through.

I'd also like to point out that In Matrix Revisited the Wachowski Bros. plainly said that they tried selling the Matrix to numerous studios and nobody wanted it........then Warner Bros. bought it.....and Warner Bros. said, I'm quoting Andy Wachowski here, "warner bros. said, okay we know we've bought something cool here....but can you explain it to us again"...............

If Sifer lacks industry knowledge........atleast watch the god damn Revisited dvd when they talk about them selling the Matrix to Warner Bros.

JediHDM
Title 17, chapter 1, sec 102b: In no case does copyright protection for an original work of authorship extend to any idea, procedure, process, system, method of operation, concept, principle, or discovery, regardless of the form in which it is described, explained, illustrated, or embodied in such work.

New Line may "own" the movies, but they cannot make more movies based on the the consent of Tolkien enterprises.

Tolkien Enterprises is a division of the Saul Zaentz Company which, in 1976, acquired certain worldwide exclusive rights to the titles of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, the names of characters, persons, places, scenes, things and events appearing or described in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and certain short phrases, short sayings, and the like set forth in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. Tolkien Enterprises licenses these titles, names, and short phrases for use as trademarks and service marks in connection with various lines of merchandise. The Saul Zaentz Company also owns exclusive rights to certain copyrightable elements of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, including, among other things, film and legitimate stage rights.

Evil Dead
when did this become the lord of the rings forum? We're talking about the Matrix in here........and the fact that Andy Wachowski said plainly on the Revisited dvd that they sold the rights to Warner Bros. ........and Warner Bros. since they own all rights to the Matrix name and characters contained therein have the right to make as many sequels as they wish without consent from the previous owners of the works, the Wachowski Bros.

Sifer
Erm, what Jedi posted is the same situation with what the Wachowski's are in. They have sold them rights to display it on screen, they don't own the idea, they don't own the characters and they don't own the story. Simple as.

Evil Dead
I'm done here..........be a moron if you wish.......hope you're not disapointed when when The Matrix part 8 comes out. bye.

rysdigital
lol @ evil dead. what a dumb ass

Crash_Overload
I was going to say something, but it has already been said. I take Jedi's And Sifer's side thought. The WRITER OWNS the STORY, the FILM COMPANY has the rights to the FILM NOT the STORY.

SimplePriest
Evil Dead> wow dude. Ok see ya.

rysdigital> wow dude laughing I concur

all> Wow dudes. I hope no one else makes a matrix movie. I only want to see it if it's from the Wachowski's and if it has the same actors. No substitutions. smile

BackFire349
The difference is that lord of the rings was originaly a book, matrix was not. Matrix is indeed owned by Warner bros because the wichowsky bro's sold the rights to it in order to make the film.

fanatos
There will be nothing.
I am a huge fan of Matirx movies, but I really do not want any more series. This is enough, I think.

Vim
even IF a matrix sequel came out, if the wachowski bros. didn't write no one would want to go see it anyway!!

Osiris
this depends on the type of contract between the writer and the publisher(printing book) or between the writer and the company(releasing movie).

sometimes the company or the publishers give enough money to writer that the story becomes a property of company or publishers
but sometimes it remains the property of writer

in the case of the matrix, "warner bros" has all rights WHAT TO DO NEXT
eek!

realworlddreams
heres wut i've come to believe: in terms of names: as far as i know, micheal crighton didnt write jurassic park 2, but it was released. Nor did he write JP3, but it came out. JP4 is on its way too. SO, when a company (ie universal, WB) buys the rights to a movie, it can release a movie with the NAME, and Characters, but does not have to be written or directed by the same pplz (spielberd didnt direct JP3 thats y it sucked!) SO: WB can release a new matrix movie wenever they want, it will suk, but they can. HOWEVER: they do NOT OWN THE STORY LINE WRITTEN BY THE BROs. SO: they cannot release another movie entitiled THE MATRIX or THE MATRIX RELOADED or THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS. but! if sumone else writes a new script w/neo, they can, but im sure the bros could sue if they wanted to still.

JediHDM
actually, michael chrichton DID write JP2, and im pretty sure he wrote JP3.

realworlddreams
i never heard that before

Cowboyography
JP3 was way better than 2 but yes both were pretty shotty

JediHDM
oh, im sorry, i take that back...they had Micheal Cs name on it, but it was written by someone else...Sorry, i apologize for that...i was confused by the name on the cover, but its been a few years since i saw the cover...Again, i am sorry.

JediHDM
And i take that back, michael Chrichton DID write JP2, but not JP3...

realworlddreams
so then a movie can be released under the same NAME as others if the rights to the NAMEs are owned, and even the same characters, actors...but cannot take credit for the original idea? does that make sense?

JediHDM
i think that is correct, yes...

realworlddreams
ok then this is settled. there can be more matrix movies w/neo in it n everyone else, but WB does not own the ideas in the matrix, so they dont get credit for it.

JediHDM
but the WB should know nobody would go to see it, and we would even disown it as a matrix movie, if they made more without Keanu, Carrie, Lawrence, Wachowski, etc...it would NOT be a matrix movie, it would be xXx in the matrix...not any good

Osiris
what if WB releases the 4th part and people say..........whoaaaaaaaaa!!

clavis9495
It would be a glinch in the matrix hehehehehe....

Korri
funny..

Evil Dead
now you guys are coming around......

I gave the perfect example in my first post.

A Nightmare on Elm St. was written by Wes Craven.............he didn't want any sequels made. When New Line Cinema bought the script A Nightmare on Elm St. it included everything in the script......the characters (Freddy Krueger) and the name "A Nightmare on Elm St. They then went on to make 5 sequels. The franchise was failing horribly so Wes Craven agreed to write the script for the seventh movie in attempt to save his creation..................

Bottom line.......Warner Bros. owns Neo, Morpheus, Trinity, Cypher, Niobe, Ghost and all other characters. Warner Bros. owns the rights to the Matrix name and the concept as depicted in the first movie (they bought the rights to the script which outlined the entire premise)..........They can make as many sequels as they wish with or without the Wachowski Bros. The only credit the Wachowski Bros. are entitled to recieve are "concept and/or characters created by"........Warner Bros. in no way shape or form need their permission. If they are completely generous they might even list the Wachowski Bros. as "executive producers" which is an honorary title which has nothing to do with the making of the movie.......it is a title basically saying, "this movie would not be possible had it not been for"........a perfect example of this is Kevin Smith being listed as executive producer of Good Will Hunting when he had nothing to do with it's creation. He never worked on the project at all........he didn't even work for the studio. All he did was convince the studio to look at the script by his buddies Affleck and Damon........therefore the movie would not have been possible without him so he received the credited title of executive producer.....even though he never once worked for the picture.

slinger
After Revolutions, we'll free our minds too and we'll be The Ones

dave123
top theory slinger

Osiris
after Revolutions...
Microsoft should release a software like The Matrix eek!

i can be the programmer cool

Korri
they shout sell the characters on the internet eek! *rushes off to buy Neo of of Ebay*

Osiris
then definitely, i will buy Persephone cool

Korri
angel

Osiris
n u korri?

StefMan
Imagine warner brothers releasing a TV show about the matrix, every week some shit happens, all these litle adventures...they madetv shows out of various movies...robocop...mortal kombat

Korri
who do u think angel

Osiris
i think "NEO"

Korri

Osiris
mad i want 2 b congratulated in the way NEO congratulated SMITH on being FREE in RELOADED

Osiris
what a ship can do with dat amount?
ha ha ha ha

Korri
lol

i think that line is so funny.... he is so "Mr. Sarcastic" in reloaded its really cute love

JediHDM
here she goes again...

Korri
embarrasment

JediHDM
aww *hugs* Its ok Korri, i'm just messing with you...

Korri
i guessed that lol *hugs back*

Osiris
NEO is going to be a serious guy in REVOLUTIONS sad

JediHDM
HOw much more serious can he get?

Korri
aww he is serious in a funny way

Osiris
lol....he is going to be more serious than 1 can expect

tell me one thing...y NEO is fighting with 1 SMITH at a time in REVOLUTIONS...i often think

Osiris
if humans take back their control on the real world
what problems will be there 4 them

Korri
oooooh interesting eek!

Osiris
ya....
the reason is the revolutions trailor

Osiris
korri...what do u think what will happen if ZION defeats machines?

gmpho
Warner Bros will turn it into a half-hour weekly sitcom.Very weakly.

""Its getting hot in the Oracle's kitchen, and the hilarity revovles around all those silly antics youd expect from all those whacky kids bending spoons willy nilly("again...?!).Hoot and hollar at the episode where Morpheus brings in an ol' crackhead, believing he's the One!
LYFAO when The Oracle burns the cookies,cry when she burns her apron.Plus, a new vase EVERY week!!
(Thats one for you fans out there-we know ya payin' attention! *wink*)
That's ''Cookin' with Mamma O-''- New time 7:30 Eastern, Saturday niiiights, on the Dubbuya Beee!!! ""

I'd shit.

gmpho
Or a hidden camera show, where this wierd guy in a blacksuit and sunglasses goes up to unwitting streetfolk, utters a moody line or two, and attempts to stick his hands through their women's chests.Boy does he get a slappin' !uu
Unauthorized use of 'It's The Guy Who Thinks He's Smith Hour' is in direct violation of its written terms of trade.Federal Law provides severe civil and criminal penalties for the unauthorized use, distribution, revolution, or reproduction of such crap written only to fill a page.
A PROJECT:GREENLIGHT PROJECT (huh?)

Osiris
dat was good gmpho

Osiris
how do u know about this? ... about the weakly sitcom

Osiris
gmpho> i m talking to u

forumcrew
lol he made it up

brandonbeyond
i don't think a weekly matrix like tv show would be so bad... i mean you could do alot with a weekly 45 minute show... hell maybe you could go to a pre matrix era with neo just being the hacker and being scouted by morp.. maybe more would be explained with switch and apoc and all those from the first movie... hell i know i'd like to see smething like that if done right...

but again thats just me...

::walks off to the side quietly::

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.