Neo and his many selves

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
Right after Neo says "There are only two possible explinations", the Neo on the screen to the right says "They were five months before me", then Neo proceeds his speech... is there any significance of the five months, or is it just some random blabble? And did anyone else hear this? I keep rewinding to that part, and it sounds like it's relevant, but I don't know how..

burlyman
there were five ONES before me laughing out loud

Sifer
LOL

JKozzy
Ah! My b.... embarrasment

Vim
well, i don't have the dvd, but I still remember that scene, and it a way it appeared as though the other screens were like things neo wanted to say, but didn't, and the architect was able to assess neo's other reactions, and the real neo was able to stay calm, and say what he needed to say. Except bullsh*t, which was one of my favorite lines in the movie!

clavis9495
LOL

JediHDM
those were the supposed "choices" Neo could have made, while talking to the Archie...

Vim
how do you know they are choices? ... where is that set in stone at ...?

JediHDM
well, since Neo is watching the screens, saying all these things, then he turns back to the Architect and says "choice. the problem is choice" then it is pretty obvious that the screens are the choices that Neo can make, and we zoom in on the one he DOES make...

Vim
well yeah i mean they are choices, that he could have made, but like you said we see the ones he chose to make, and in his choice to defy what the architect wanted him to do, he becomes the first one to mess up the cycle, that's what i think anyway.

mindbugaling
the machines based the tv screen answers on probability, which is reffered to alot in the movies

SimplePriest
I liked how they played out that scene. Very well done. And the architect... magnificent. That guy was good at the role. two thumbs up...

My question is how does the matrix get messed up if Neo doesn't choose the correct door? I got lost in the explaination. At this point I know that "it just happens" but I don't understand why.

cornbread
Why did the WB's decide to make Neo the 6th one? Is that number significant? There seems to be a lot of quasi-biblical stuff going on here so...

From a site I found on biblical numerology (e-mail me for the link - I am too new to post links):

"Six:

THE NUMBER OF MAN: Man was created on the 6th day. Man labors 6 days only. The Serpent was created on the 6th day. The 6th commandment is "Thou shalt not murder." Six words are used for man: Adam, ish, Enosh, gehver, anthropos, anar. Also, 6 x 6 = 36. 36 + 35 + 34 + 33 + 32 . . . 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 666. 666 is the number of the antichrist. This means that the name of the antichrist in Greek adds up to 666. This is a mockery of the Trinity."

... only human.

Seven:

The number of completion it sometimes called.

"THE NUMBER OF SPIRITUAL PERFECTION. Seven days in a week. Seven colors in the spectrum. Seven of the 10 commandments begin with the word "not." There are 7 seals, 7 trumpets, 7 parables in Matthew, and 7 promises to the churches...."

Maybe the sixth cycle is the last reloading of the Matrix that is somehow flawed and it will attain perfection on its 7th go around?

... or that the 7th One will give us 3 more movies :-)

Korri
i want one....just one smile

audioheem
and and and... and then it goes DING!!!

Verity
Neo doesn't have the answers yet...Wasn't he referring to the previous ones, rather than months? I gotta look at that part again.

spydar1982
it has nothing to do with months. the person who started the thread heard it wrong. simple mistake...

JediHDM
perhaps the seventh one is even now being/been born, and Neo will die, (like moses, never seeing his destiny come to fruition) and the 7th will rise up, to lead the people to their destiny (michael, sati...)

spydar1982
do you think the child is the one?

JediHDM
possibly, especially if she has the power to recreate the matrix...she would be a program, created by two others out of love (child) and endowed with the code, although, this only works if she also has a body...which is possible, because the parents are being taken away, but not the kid(?) i think, cause i dont see her with her parents when they are getting on the subway...but she might be there...i dont know, we'll just have to wait and see...

Nickydirtrider
the answer to that is this...first go to google and get a transcript from the original matrix script...just type original transcript matrix...and you will get one of many sights that will have it...then look at the opening lines with trinity ans sifer...and sipher and neo on the neb...and you will see that in the original there were 5 ones that morpheus had found before and thought they were the one but they were killed by agents...and neo is the 6th one that morpheus found...its pretty cool.

audioheem
I dont see that...

(nearly 100%)

Cypher: Yeah.
Trinity: Is everything in place?
Cypher: You weren't supposed to relieve me.
Trinity: I know, but I felt like taking your shift.
Cypher: You like him, don't you? You like watching him.
Trinity: Don't be ridiculous.
Cypher: We're going to kill him, do you understand that?
Trinity: Morpheus believes he is the One.
Cypher: Do you?
Trinity: It doesn't matter what I believe.
Cypher: You don't, do you?
Trinity: Did you hear that?
Cypher: Hear what?
Trinity: Are you sure this line is clean?
Cypher: Yeah, of course I'm sure.
Trinity: I better go.

JKozzy
Yes, I'm the one that started the thread, sorry about my mistake. It's confusing stuff!
Nickydirtrider> Where is that in M1, about the first 5 one's being killed by agents? I just watched it, and it wasn't mentioned once, not even the number 5....

JediHDM
no, its NOT in M1, thats the POINT...the script was changed, but somehow this was leaked out...this was when the movie was gonna stand by itself, but the script was rewritten so that it could have two sequels(sp)...

spydar1982
he says type in original matrix script. maybe it is the ORIGINAL but not the FINAL DRAFT for the original film, its the actual original script.

JKozzy
Can someone get a link then so we can all see this?

forumcrew
does anyone really think they would kill of neo and introduce someone else as the true one?.. i highly doubt that

JediHDM
not the true one, the NEXT one...

james
r u people rippin it off mad

forumcrew
....?

james
has anyone watched all the trailers to revolutions yet

forumcrew
i willing to guess a lot of people on here have watched them all, plus both the movies and the animatrix, and even etm, multiple times..

JediHDM
multiple doesn't even BEGIN to describe the number of times i've seen them...oh, and im wondering if YOU've seen ALL the trailers yet, i mean, including the three tv spots that WB hasn't OFFICIALLY released yet?

james
well there havnt bin any yet on tv cuz im australian but i have watched all the trailers five times

james
r u australian beer :/

JediHDM
no, im from the US...and you can still download some of the tv spots of the internet...

burlyman
she is. you can see her dress through 'neo's arm

burlyman
sorry, here:

Joseph_Kerr
What of the possibility that the previous five are now major characters in the Matrix (Oracle, KeyMaster, Architect)?

JediHDM
thanks burly, i just never saw her face but i went back and that is her...

dave123
suprnova has every trailer big grin

james
ill be fine its only about a month till it comes out and ill see the tv spots then and i still cant see that her arm is going through neo

james
i like ur picture

dragonpisces272
hehe...its a cool gif, but takes time for my computer to load...so...slow....

JKozzy
How/where did you get that GIF dave123?

burlyman
and where did you upload it to?

dave123
talk to Urot, and i just linked it directly from their site
i just gotta find out how to centre, can anyone help??

audioheem
text

(no spaces)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.