Slow?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
Is anyone else having problems with KMC right now? For some reason my computer is running way behind me, everytime I type something it takes about a minute for my comp to catch up. But it isn't doing this for any other web pages.

It started this last night and nothing I do is helping with it, I deleted all my cookies and I ran a defragmenter, any other suggestions?

This is really annoying the hell out of me seeing as I go to this site more than any other web site, but it seems like my comp isn't as slow during PM typing. Could there be a problem with the server at all?

BackFire349
restart it.

LanceWindu
Tried it 5 times.

BackFire349
might be overheating, make sure you turn it off at night and let it cool down.

LanceWindu
I've never had to turn a computer off before, I just let it go into standby.

BackFire349
try turning it off tonight whenever you go to bed. Computers can over heat, especially if over worked, which may be the case.

Also, you may want to open it up and make sure all teh fans are working properly. That can also lead to over heating..

If this does not work, i dunno what the problem would be, maybe just too old or the harddrive is begining to crash.

Kes
No...mine is fine. Well speed wise messed

yerssot
be sure to switch off any heavy-software as they slow down your pc

it should be the pc and not KMC since you said that when you type something you have to wait a few seconds for it to get on your pc... that's the processor not the php

Fire
Lance mate I suggest a format big grin

yerssot
tv format?

Fire
nah a computer format (like in formateren yerss)

yerssot
I was kinding you know roll eyes (sarcastic)

LanceWindu
How would I do this? Because my comp is still doing it. It is really annoying, I can't do much more than PM people, and it's even getting bad in PM's.

I hope I don't have to take everything off the comp and re-do everything, because it's actually my uncles computer, and I'm not allowed to do stuff like that.

LanceWindu
Still no change to the computer, it still seems worse here on KMC, everything else works fine...it seems to have gotten worse too, it's taking even longer to write posts...

Any suggestions???

Dexx
to format is to format your hard disk drive. That would eman deleting everything..and reinstalling back everything. I'm planning on doing it also but i have too much on my pc, that i need right now. It might be because of the internet speed..and your pc configuration. In my case they're both..it moves extremely crappy.
BUT...don't delete your temp files anymore..that will only make it worse. The temp files are good for something you see....like storing all the things that don't change on the page all the time..like the sigs and avatars. If you delete them..it has to load them allover again..and it takes from the speed ofcourse.

Ushgarak
I agree with yerss, sounds like a CPU por memory problem to me, unless your browser is buggered.

What version of Windows do you have? If it is XP, press ctrl+alt+del and see what it says at the bottom by 'CPU usage'. Once, when everything was running slow for me, I found it was because of some sneaky bugger trojan that had gotten on board and was taking up 100% of cpu power.

LanceWindu
I'm using Windows 98.

Fire
first or second edition?

Lance you tried using netscape or Opera as netbrowsers?

LanceWindu
How would I know if it's first or second edition?

yerssot
yes; IE is not exactly the fastest around ... actually, the slowest
I try to remember that I have a basic YUS browser, which goes much faster, I can send it to ya if you wish

LanceWindu
YUS?

Can't send it to me anyways, it all depends on what my aunt decides to do with this paper weight.

yerssot
strange, my computer doesn't use paper, unless I want to print something wink

Fire
Lance right click on my computer properties
on the first tab (named general or something) there should be something like system
below that it says your operating system
if it is second editions it will say
Windows 98 Second Edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.