movies with awesome twists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Normbodia
Here are just a list of movies that I believe have some cool twists. In order of my favorite ending

The Others (wicked cool)
Sixth Sense (wicked wicked cool)
The Game (mean but wicked cool)
Identity (just messed up)
Seven (totally messed up)
The Usual Suspects (whoa! Didn't see that coming)
Along Came a Spider (never even considered it)
Kiss The Girls (whatever still cool)
Shawshank Redemption (cool)
Fight Club (dude has issues)
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (duh)
Psycho (really has issues)
American History X (makes you think? What's he gonna do now?)
Unbreakable (bad movie, weird ending)
American Beauty (um ok)
L.A. Confidential (it was ok)
Twelve Monkeys (weird)

And those are my favorite
big grin

Jedi Normbodia
oops did that wrong.

BackFire349
movies with twists generally have them in order to hide their weak stoylines. Se7en is the exception.

Jedi Normbodia
true some of them are pretty stupid, but they are cool to watch none the less, and the endings do make up for it if its really bad. I forgot to post ANGER MANAGEMENT as another.

Evil Dead
I don't think it should be considered a twist if the audience sees it coming.

The Others - I knew about 30 minutes into the film

Sixth Sense - can't really comment because I knew before I saw it

Identity - They never tried to hide the fact it was all in his mind....the entire movie was basically "guess which personality it is".......and it was predictable

Fight Club - must admit......didn't see it coming like that.....great

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - what's the twist? Just because we're given geneology info. we didn't already have (Vader being Annakin) it's considered a twist ending?

Psycho - good......wasn't a suprise but good

American History X - um...what twist? Danny dies? okay.....how is this a twist. It's more ironic than anything......Derrik gets out of prison and tries to keep his brother from making the same mistakes, only to find out that it's too late.

Unbreakable - I like the movie but c'mon......everybody I've talked to saw that coming a mile away.

American Beauty - again, what twist?

seriously..........don't think I'm being a smartass when I ask what twist.....I really want to know what you're talking about being the twist in the ending because I can't recall anything in the end of American Beauty or American History X that would be considered a twist.

BackFire349
most twists are pretty predictable, the only one that i thought was good that i didnt predict was Se7en. fightclubs wasnt predictable, but it was so ridiculous i dont think it should qualify.

Evil Dead
In all seriousness............yes Fight Club's ending was a tad ridiculous but by god it was genius..........nobody ever saw it coming.

BackFire349
Genius is a bit too far, its not hard to pull an ending out of your ass that no one will see coming, just make it extremely ridiculous like fight clubs.

Evil Dead
but it wasn't just pulled out of thier ass...........you can look back through the movie and find tons of clues.........

BackFire349
They most likely added teh clues after they made the ending, they realized the movie itself was too weak without an absolute garanteed shocker of an ending, through in the whole irrelevent ending, went back and re-wrote it to coincide with teh ending. anyone can do it.

Again, i think Se7en is the only truley shocking, relevent, and smart ending that wasnt completely relied on to make the movie good or memborable, it simply helped push an already great movie and memorable movie, without copping out.

Evil Dead
bah.......Fight Club still owns..........Se7en does indeed own also.......

BackFire349
i really enjoyed the first half of fight club, i found it very interesting in unique. Ironically, the last half, which many people percieve to be the unique section, i see as more cliched and desperate for attention. Then the ending comes and doesnt really go with the whole movie in general. but it is a great all around movie, even with an ending i dont care for.

Tied Hiker
I thought 'Just Cause' had a nice twist and the locations were very intriguing.

BackFire349
Never seen that one, I will check it out.

lukeyduckey
Unbreakble was just a load of shite

Fight club i thought was a great film.

The orders was wayyyyy to obvious. i think of others later

Jedi Normbodia
American History X was more ironic then twist. It makes you think what will he do now, do you think he will go back to his old ways, or not, but truth be told, you did kinda see that end coming.

and as for American Beauty it was just that we thought at first it was wife, and it wasn't...that's why it was way down there. lol. wink

Sacrifice
Primal Fear had a good twist.

Sacrifice
And, of course, the Matrix.

Evil Dead
Primal Fear..........that did have a good twist when we learn that Roy was merely made up, he was faking the entire time.

what was the twist in the Matrix? That we found out he was the one? they told us that the entire movie.

Sacrifice
I went into the Matrix knowing very little. I thought it was going to be a movie about hackers, something along the lines of Hackers and Johnny Mnemonic.

I was unaware that "the matrix" was a virtual world.

Sparrows Angel
I'd say "Memento"
really good movie

Jedi Normbodia
how on earth could I have forgotten about Primal Fear, ug!

Jedi Normbodia
MEMENTO ANOTHER FREAKIN AWESOME ONE THAT I YET FORGOT DANGIT!

98R1
little off subject but speaking of twists has anyone seen the prodigy vid smack my bi*ch up. Thats a twist

GrizzlyAdams
What about Vanilla Sky, I never saw that one coming...I suppose its open to interpretation, in that you could see it as it was all being true, or just a dream he had as a result of the car accident.

ChinaNiki
super cheeseball movie twist in April Fool's Day

bluegrass
I know the topic here is for awesome movie twists, but I just have to talk about what is in my opinion what is one of the worst twists of all time.

Pay it Forward- what the hell was that all about when the kid gets knifed in school at the end. Not necessary.

You guys have most of the good ones covered. There is always Return of the Jedi when Darth helps Luke at the end...that was awesome

Hegemon875
Did anyone else think that Dark City had a good twist?

Jedi Normbodia
Matrix was amazing movie and reloaded had an awesome twist at the end...ooh sorta...

Jedi Normbodia
those were all good, and yes I too hated the ending to Pay it forward, but thans for spoiling it for those who haven't seen it....

Omegaman
Here's a recent one- What about THE RING?(kind of a twist)

Now here are some older ones:

Planet of the Apes(the original)
Wickerman
Ten Little Indians(oldie but goodie)
Angel Heart
Basic Instinct
Jacob's Ladder

If you havent seen these , check em out!!

Omegaman
Here is another one:

"Looking for Mr. Goodbar"

ragdoll
Anyone seen "The Life of David Gale"? Such an amazing movie...and absolutely full of twists in the plot....I loved it, but it seemed a bit under-rated to me.

The Darkness
The Others
Identity(major twist and i still cant figure it out)
Sixth Sense(great plot twist)

andyF1
I thught usual suspects and 6th sense

yer memento was really good
The ring twist, I just new some thing bad was going to happen but didnt no why.
Note to self:
Must remember to copy that tape

Cinemaddiction
Scream 2 + Scream 3, given the killers in both movies had minimal screen time, only to unmask at the end. Scream 2 more so, nobody saw that one coming.

Storm
The sixth sense

steely balls
the sixth sense and american history x are the ones that i thought were cool

forumcrew
identity sucked i knew the plot from the stupid preview

andyF1
identity sucked big time

MCElite
I thought identity was great but i didnt see the twist coming (i didnt see the twist coming in sixth sense either :0) but i worked out the twist in fightclub. the others was good but it wasnt very scary the only bit i found creepy was where they found out the nanny nd people where dead (nd even then i did not see the ending coming.) The worst twist ive seen was cabin fever that was so bad i cant even work out whether it was meant to be a twist or what. (is v unimpressed)

Jeff_Atello
I just saw "Secret Window," and that is a great movie. Also, Mulholland Drive, The Game, and The Usual Suspects....great movies, with twists.

Ahnold
Terminator 3 - whatever you feel about the film, I bet you didn't see the end coming!

amlap
well more about he fight club... fight club the book was also written with alot of clues through out the book so you can just say they went back and wrote the clues in. great book you should check it out.

Frailty had a pretty bad ass ending. in the end i was hoping the guy was right but didnt expect it. indeed i was wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.